Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,083 members, 7,821,733 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood (21851 Views)

Photos From The Unveiling Of Jesus Statue In Imo State / "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood by ElFenomeno1: 6:40pm On Aug 11, 2014
penny01502: do you know your fatherl?

You are mad........Go and ask your mother that question

Brainless twerp!
Re: Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 11, 2014
Chimex388: The war ravaging the world is becomin unbearable for our Lord...lots of innocents are dyin unjustly
Their relatives are cryin unto God n asking questions.."why them"?....its a sign the US n UN n evryone shld profer solution n try n find a way around this..
They're innocent 4 Gods sake, dey didnt start this War!!!

and all the acclaimed mother of God could do is cry tap your head and think again, , the Iraqis are being prosecuted and they are crying, the Goddess they are praying to is also crying?? the mother of God is now crying to the US and UN to proffer a solution??
this is the kind of stories that drive people away from catholic church.

4 Likes

Re: Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 11, 2014
barcanista: Matthew 12:46-47--"While He was still speaking to the multitudes, behold, His mother and brothers were standing outside, seeking to speak to Him. And someone said to Him, "Behold, Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside seeking to speak to You."

Matthew 13:55--"Is not this the carpenter's son? Is not His mother called Mary, and His brothers, James and Joseph and Simon and Judas?"

Mark 6:2-3--"And when the Sabbath had come, He began to teach in the synagogue; and the many listeners were astonished, saying, "Where did this man get these things, and what is this wisdom given to Him, and such miracles as these performed by His hands? "Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, and brother of James, and Joses, and Judas, and Simon? Are not His sisters here with us?"

John 2:12--"After this He went down to Capernaum, He and His mother, and His brothers, and His disciples; and there they stayed a few days."

Acts 1:14--"These all with one mind were continually devoting themselves to prayer, along with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with His brothers."

1 Cor. 9:4-5--"Do we not have a right to eat and drink? Do we not have a right to take along a believing wife, even as the rest of the apostles, and the brothers of the Lord, and Cephas?"

Gal. 1:19--But I did not see any other of the apostles except James, the Lord's brother."

Joseph disvirgined Mary and had enough of her... Bros Joseph was a Great Man o.

grin

Xynerise and Idrismust97 take a look. smiley

1. The Meaning of Brother

The first thing to understand is that the term brother (Gk.adelphos) has a broader meaning than uterine brothers. It can mean a biological brother, but it can also mean an extended relative, or even a spiritual brother.

Take Genesis 13:8 for example. Here the word brother is being used to describe the relationship between Abraham and Lot, who were not biological brothers but uncle and nephew:
“So Abram said to Lot, “Let’s not have any quarreling between you and me, or between your herdsmen and mine, for we are brothers” (Gen 13:8, NIV; see also 14:12).
Because of the Bible’s broad semantic range of “brother,” we can rest assured that although St. Paul writes, “[Jesus] appeared to more than five hundred…brothers at the same time” (1 Cor. 15:6), we need not infer from this verse that Mary gave birth to more than 500 children!

2. Children of Mary?
These “brothers” are never once called the children of Mary, although Jesus himself is (John 2:1; Acts 1:14).

3. Other Women Named Mary

James and Joseph (also called Joses), who are called Jesus’ “brothers” (Mark 6:3) are indeed the children of Mary—Just not Mary, the mother of Jesus.
After St. Matthew’s account of the crucifixion and death of Jesus, he writes:
“There were also many women there, looking on from afar, who had followed Jesus from Galilee, ministering to him; among who were Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joseph, and the mother of the sons of Zebedee.” (Matt. 27:56; see also Mark 15:40).

4. Consensus of the Early Church
The earliest explanation of the “brothers” of the Lord is found in a document known as the Protoevangelium of James, which was written around A.D. 150. It speaks of Mary as a consecrated virgin since her youth, and of St. Joseph as an elderly widower with children who was chosen to be Mary’s spouse for the purposes of guarding and protecting her while respecting her vow of virginity. Though this document is not on the level of Sacred Scripture, it was written very early, and it may contain accurate historical traditions.
Allow me to limit myself to three quotes from the early Church:
Athanasius of Alexandria
“Therefore let those who deny that the Son is from the Father by nature and proper to his essence deny also that he took true human flesh of Mary Ever-Virgin [Four Discourses Against the Arians2:70 (c. A.D. 360)].
St. Jerome
“You say that Mary did not continue a virgin: I claim still more that Joseph himself, on account of Mary was a virgin, so that from a virgin wedlock a virgin son was born [Perpetual Virginity of Blessed Mary21 (A.D. 383)].

Try again later. Mary gave birth kor. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood by jsunex(m): 7:33pm On Aug 11, 2014
barcanista: Matthew 12:46-47--"While He was still speaking to the multitudes, behold, His mother and brothers were standing outside, seeking to speak to Him. And someone said to Him, "Behold, Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside seeking to speak to You."

Matthew 13:55--"Is not this the carpenter's son? Is not His mother called Mary, and His brothers, James and Joseph and Simon and Judas?"

Mark 6:2-3--"And when the Sabbath had come, He began to teach in the synagogue; and the many listeners were astonished, saying, "Where did this man get these things, and what is this wisdom given to Him, and such miracles as these performed by His hands? "Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, and brother of James, and Joses, and Judas, and Simon? Are not His sisters here with us?"

John 2:12--"After this He went down to Capernaum, He and His mother, and His brothers, and His disciples; and there they stayed a few days."

Acts 1:14--"These all with one mind were continually devoting themselves to prayer, along with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with His brothers."

1 Cor. 9:4-5--"Do we not have a right to eat and drink? Do we not have a right to take along a believing wife, even as the rest of the apostles, and the brothers of the Lord, and Cephas?"

Gal. 1:19--But I did not see any other of the apostles except James, the Lord's brother."

grin

Wat u all don't know is more than wat u no... y dont u jus bliv in ur faith and let others do dsame and on d last day the Almighty God decides.
Re: Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 11, 2014
@francistony

You are not smart at all. The Bible specically mentioned the relationship that existed btw Lot and Abraham in other passages.

What da hell is "dat mary" got to do here? You catholics love dillusion. Anyway you aren't smart dude.

Enjoy

2 Likes

Re: Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood by jsunex(m): 7:37pm On Aug 11, 2014
GOD hav mercy on them for they no not wat they comment.

1 Like

Re: Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 11, 2014
barcanista: @francistony

You are not smart at all. The Bible specically mentioned the relationship that existed btw Lot and Abraham in other passages.

What da hell is "dat mary" got to do here? You catholics love dillusion. Anyway you aren't smart dude.

Enjoy

Lol! Are you this dumb(no offence pls)?.

Have you asked yourself, "Is bible scared to say these are Joseph or Mary sons?.

Why saying Jesus brothers only?. It shows that Mary and Joseph ain't the procreator of those childrens. grin
Re: Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 11, 2014
jsunex:

Wat u all don't know is more than wat u no... y dont u jus bliv in ur faith and let others do dsame and on d last day the Almighty God decides.
Oga I no stop you na. No be barcanista write Bible! Enjoy your mary inspired faith
Re: Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 11, 2014
FrancisTony:

Lol! Are you this dumb(no offence pls)?.

Have you asked yourself, "Is bible scared to say these are Joseph or Mary sons?.

Why saying Jesus brothers only?. It shows that Mary and Joseph ain't the procreator of those childrens. grin
enjoy your Mary inspired faith dude. I don't argue d Bible. My own na to ansa questions wey make sense!!!

Enjoy!!!!
Hail Mary wife of Joseph
Mother of Joseph's kids

2 Likes

Re: Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood by mysterious12(m): 7:47pm On Aug 11, 2014
People never really question what they say. does the Bible tell us every thing? yes believe in God have faith in him, i do that and i hope others do so. And where in the bible did they say mary had other children? and brother and sister in what sense? and how many of us actually do read the bible always, not saying i do that always, but i try to. I cant assert anything negative in this picture, because why would a normal person want to make such a scam? and on the other hand it is hard to believe but yet believable. So I don't think anyone with a contrary assertion should judge this without question his or herself first, and make sure they are accurate. However, for every proposition there is always a contradiction as everyone has their own personal belief whether objective or subjective
Re: Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood by Nobody: 7:52pm On Aug 11, 2014
barcanista: enjoy your Mary inspired faith dude. I don't argue d Bible. My own na to ansa questions wey make sense!!!

Enjoy!!!!
Hail Mary wife of Joseph
Mother of Joseph's kids

My faith is in Jesus not Mary. You gerrit?

But, I can't watch you and your protestant colleague slander the mother of Jesus in the name of protesting. smiley
Re: Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood by Nobody: 8:14pm On Aug 11, 2014
FrancisTony:

My faith is in Jesus not Mary. You gerrit?

But, I can't watch you and your protestant colleague slander the mother of Jesus in the name of protesting. smiley
Point of correction, no one is protesting. Mary is not a deity nor anything close as long as barcanista is concerned. She was a godly woman but nothing more. The CÀtholic church does not hold any jurisdiction over me at any time. I av no need to protest anything.

Hail Mary Mother of Joseph's Kids..

4 Likes

Re: Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood by GooseBaba: 9:22pm On Aug 11, 2014
Kasala dey burst anyhow, people dey quench anyhow... Na only bloody cry cry virgin abi dis virgin mary sabi... Smh..

Let's be real people...! shocked

2 Likes

Re: Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood by Chimex388: 9:38pm On Aug 11, 2014
Scyllapatron:

and all the acclaimed mother of God could do is cry tap your head and think again, , the Iraqis are being prosecuted and they are crying, the Goddess they are praying to is also crying?? the mother of God is now crying to the US and UN to proffer a solution??
this is the kind of stories that drive people away from catholic church.
its ma personal opinion, i aint speakin on anybodys behalf....evry innocent death, pierces her heart as a mother(even while alive, she had a troubled heart wit all the mysteries surrounding Jesus...shes an emotional mum like all mothers ..She aint God but shes our mother n mother of our lord n so intercedes on behalf of d righteous..
I believe the cry is a non acceptance of d indirect innocent killing by the "world powers " even dough dey fink dey're fightin a righteous battle, dey shld desist from dier tactics, otherwise, eternal paradise eludes dem unknowinly.
LAST BULLET
if u like drive urself n ur fellows away from d catholic church wit hummer jeep...wat is is wat is!
Re: Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood by Tchitntdu(m): 4:50am On Aug 12, 2014
lipsrsealed
Re: Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood by Tchitntdu(m): 2:06pm On Aug 12, 2014
cheesy
Re: Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood by Tchitntdu(m): 4:57am On Aug 13, 2014
wink
Re: Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood by lordsilver: 12:27pm On Aug 13, 2014
Chimex388: The war ravaging the world is becomin unbearable for our Lord...lots of innocents are dyin unjustly
Their relatives are cryin unto God n asking questions.."why them"?....its a sign the US n UN n evryone shld profer solution n try n find a way around this..
They're innocent 4 Gods sake, dey didnt start this War!!!

You want US/UN to profer solution while your Omni everything sits in the sky receiving praises abi?

1 Like

Re: Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:33pm On Aug 13, 2014
[size=28pt]AND THESE SAME CHRISTIANS SCREAM IDOLATRY @ PAGANS![/size]

2 Likes

Re: Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood by pacretus(m): 4:37pm On Aug 13, 2014
barcanista: Very Funny scam...

I don't believe in a "virgin" called Mary. Because my Bible tells me that she had other Kids with Joseph after Jesus' Miraculous birth
ok.go nd sleep.
Re: Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood by pacretus(m): 4:40pm On Aug 13, 2014
PAGAN9JA: [size=28pt]AND THESE SAME CHRISTIANS SCREAM IDOLATRY @ PAGANS![/size]
ok.time to rest bey.wether u beliv or not d sun must shine...by dier name u shall no dem.
Re: Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood by Ubenedictus(m): 6:26pm On Aug 13, 2014
This is why it is very important to study sacred scriptures and not just cherry pick some passages.

first the term "brothers" and even sisters is used in scriptures to denote a wide range of relationships.

1st, it may mean biological brothers.
2nd near kinsmen..
3rd people from the same tribe.
4th people from the same nation.
5th fellow christians.

It is important that each time you see the world brother you know which of the above categories it falls into.
The bible call lot a brother of abraham, even though they were simply close relation, peter address on the day of pentecost say "dear brothers" even though they were only from the same nation and paul addresses is letters to the brethern even though they are not biologically related.

Secondly the bible clearly shows that "james and joses who were called "brothers" of the lord are not children of mary the mother of Jesus but of another mary who gave birth to salome. This is clear from mt 27:56,61; 28:1 mk 16:1 lk 24:10.

Thirdly scripture only say "brothers of the lord" it never said they were children of mary!

This fact clearly show that his "brother" were mainly close relatives.

how wish you took time to study the bible you will see that there were only 2 apostle among the 12 who were named James and non of them is a son of joseph or mary.

The 1st james is james the son of zebedee brother of john, mt4:21; 17:1 mk 1:29; 5:37; 10:35,41; 13:3, lk5:10..... Act 12:2

the 2nd james is called james the SON OF ALPHAEUS mt 10:3; act 1:13

so please tell me which of them is the son of mary? Is it the son of zebedee or that od alphaeus? Or is josephs 2nd name alphaeus or zebedee?

grin
joseph my dear was a great man, that has nothing to do with sexual power but because he accepted the will of God for his life and took care of the son of God.

Peace

2 Likes

Re: Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood by Tchitntdu(m): 5:06am On Aug 14, 2014
lipsrsealed
Re: Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood by lorRhyMeZ: 9:54am On Aug 14, 2014
barcanista: Ofcourse we need the spirit of God that is why we must not give room to apostacy(that is common with thge "Mary Believing sect"wink grin grin grin
I know they will avoid the Comment like a plague cheesy cheesy cheesy. Almighty God is a Wise God grin grin grin

Wow grin
Idrismusty97, a muslim I presume and Barcanista, a pentecostal christian I presume...going tag team and all gangster on Xynerise and other catholics grin grin
*Spreads mat well* this will b interesting grin
Re: Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 14, 2014
lorRhyMeZ:

Wow grin
Idrismusty97, a muslim I presume and Barcanista, a pentecostal christian I presume...going tag team and all gangster on Xynerise and other catholics grin grin
*Spreads mat well* this will b interesting grin
grin grin grin grin Oga you de vex o... hehehe You just wan open our "Hail Mary" brothers buttocks cheesy cheesy cheesy. Abi you wan pour sand for pope garri ni? angry angry
Re: Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood by Tchitntdu(m): 12:30pm On Aug 14, 2014
cheesy cheesy
Re: Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood by Ecosol: 1:16pm On Aug 14, 2014
Nice one bro u hav completely refuted all d heretics here. May God bless u. Signs of d end time; many will reject d true teaching and seek for gospels dat suit dere lifestyles. #peace#

Ubenedictus: This is why it is very important to study sacred scriptures and not just cherry pick some passages.
first the term "brothers" and even sisters is used in scriptures to denote a wide range of relationships.
1st, it may mean biological brothers.
2nd near kinsmen..
3rd people from the same tribe.
4th people from the same nation.
5th fellow christians.
It is important that each time you see the world brother you know which of the above categories it falls into.
The bible call lot a brother of abraham, even though they were simply close relation, peter address on the day of pentecost say "dear brothers" even though they were only from the same nation and paul addresses is letters to the brethern even though they are not biologically related.
Secondly the bible clearly shows that "james and joses who were called "brothers" of the lord are not children of mary the mother of Jesus but of another mary who gave birth to salome. This is clear from mt 27:56,61; 28:1 mk 16:1 lk 24:10.
Thirdly scripture only say "brothers of the lord" it never said they were children of mary!
This fact clearly show that his "brother" were mainly close relatives.
how wish you took time to study the bible you will see that there were only 2 apostle among the 12 who were named James and non of them is a son of joseph or mary.
The 1st james is james the son of zebedee brother of john, mt4:21; 17:1 mk 1:29; 5:37; 10:35,41; 13:3, lk5:10..... Act 12:2
the 2nd james is called james the SON OF ALPHAEUS mt 10:3; act 1:13
so please tell me which of them is the son of mary? Is it the son of zebedee or that od alphaeus? Or is josephs 2nd name alphaeus or zebedee?
joseph my dear was a great man, that has nothing to do with sexual power but because he accepted the will of God for his life and took care of the son of God.
Peace
Re: Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood by Ubenedictus(m): 1:30pm On Aug 14, 2014
Ecosol: Nice one bro u hav completely refuted all d heretics here. May God bless u. Signs of d end time; many will reject d true teaching and seek for gospels dat suit dere lifestyles. #peace#

this one is just wierd....

The teaching of the virginity of mary has been part and parcel of the church since time immemorial, it isn't new, nor invented.
Even the protestant reformers all believed that mary is a virgin, it is so surprising that 1900+yrs later people who call themselves Christians started to reinterprete the bible and preach teaching that will be condemned by even the protestant founders.

It is a pity.

2 Likes

Re: Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood by Tchitntdu(m): 4:53am On Aug 15, 2014
wink wink
Re: Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood by Tchitntdu(m): 9:57am On Aug 16, 2014
[code][/code] tongue
Re: Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood by Keypha(m): 2:48pm On Aug 16, 2014
Our God is a merciful God, but don't talk shit ageist the Holy spirit, may holy sprite strike u, and believed u may be Bad muslim.
Re: Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 16, 2014
When will she start dancing

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do You Know Evans, The kidnapper Can Still Make Heaven While You Rot In Hell? / The Experience, TBS, Lagos. Will You Be There / Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.