Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,793 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

20 Amazing Facts About Ijebus - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 20 Amazing Facts About Ijebus (1957 Views)

Are The Ilajes, Aworis, Egbas, Ijebus, Ikales And Eguns Really Yoruba? / Ijebus Are Not Yoruba !!! / THE PRIDE OF Ijebus: Unbelieveable Facts... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 Amazing Facts About Ijebus by eluquenson(m): 10:02pm On Aug 11, 2014
1. Ijebus were the first people to have contact with Europeans in 14th century.
2. Ijebus were the first to be educated by western education.
3. Ijebu is the largest Ethnic group in Nigeria.
4. First people to manufacture gears of wars in history of Nigeria.
5. First people to contend the slavery extortion in the region.
6. The first people to invent money made from cowry shell, later made Coin called "PANDORA", which acceptable through Africa and Europe.
7. Ijebus were first settlement in Lagos and Ibadan.
8. Ijebu is the only tribe in nigeria that has its origin from bible days.
9. According to the Biblical account; The Jebusites were a Canaanite tribe who inhabited and built Jerusalem prior to its conquest by King David
10. Ijebu was the first indigenious CLERK to European missionaries.
11. The Europeans Observers found them more intelligent than the other groups in Nigeria.
12. When Oduduwa was blind, Ijebu King (fifth Awujale) was the one to provide remedy to restore the sight.
13. Ijebu known for sociality, integrity, and Hardwork 14. Ijebu was the one to raise agitation for emancipation from colonialism.
15. Ijebu King(Orimolusi) was second Oba appointed by colonial master for London conference in 1957 tonegotiate Independence.
16. Chief Obafemi Awolowo was the first individual in the modern era to be named Leader of the Yorubas(Asiwaju Omo Oodua)
17. The richest black woman in the world, Mrs Folorunsho Alakija, is an Ijebu woman from Ikorodu Lagos(waterside Ijebu)
18. Ijebu man was first Nigerian to play in English premier league in early 60.
18. Ijebu famous with Egungun festival, Agemo festival, Ileya festival etc.
19. Mike Adenuga, an Ijebu man was first nigerian to single handedly own Oil Mining & Telecomunication(GLO)
20. Ijebu man was first musician to perform outside the shore of Nigeria.

What a great National! The Regional capital is Ijebu Ode. The Commercial capital is Sagamu The Spiritual capital is Ijebu Igbo.

I'm proud to be an Ijebu Man.

There are Ijebu Elites all across the globe.

There are registered Ijebu Associations in England, Ireland, Germany, NY, Florida, Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, Chicago, etc.
Ijebu is my fatherland. Please it is time to have our own STATE because Ijebu Empire was 2nd to OYO's in 15th century.
IJEBU STATE IS A MUST

Great Ijebuites......

2 Likes

Re: 20 Amazing Facts About Ijebus by AndyBlazeSpirit: 10:23pm On Aug 11, 2014
#Yoruba
Re: 20 Amazing Facts About Ijebus by bigfrancis21: 10:37pm On Aug 11, 2014
eluquenson: 1. Ijebus were the first people to have contact with Europeans in 14th century.
2. Ijebus were the first to be educated by western education.
3. Ijebu is the largest Ethnic group in Nigeria.
4. First people to manufacture gears of wars in history of Nigeria.
5. First people to contend the slavery extortion in the region.
6. The first people to invent money made from cowry shell, later made Coin called "PANDORA", which acceptable through Africa and Europe.
7. Ijebus were first settlement in Lagos and Ibadan.
8. Ijebu is the only tribe in nigeria that has its origin from bible days.
9. According to the Biblical account; The Jebusites were a Canaanite tribe who inhabited and built Jerusalem prior to its conquest by King David
10. Ijebu was the first indigenious CLERK to European missionaries.
11. The Europeans Observers found them more intelligent than the other groups in Nigeria.
12. When Oduduwa was blind, Ijebu King (fifth Awujale) was the one to provide remedy to restore the sight.
13. Ijebu known for sociality, integrity, and Hardwork 14. Ijebu was the one to raise agitation for emancipation from colonialism.
15. Ijebu King(Orimolusi) was second Oba appointed by colonial master for London conference in 1957 tonegotiate Independence.
16. Chief Obafemi Awolowo was the first individual in the modern era to be named Leader of the Yorubas(Asiwaju Omo Oodua)
17. The richest black woman in the world, Mrs Folorunsho Alakija, is an Ijebu woman from Ikorodu Lagos(waterside Ijebu)
18. Ijebu man was first Nigerian to play in English premier league in early 60.
18. Ijebu famous with Egungun festival, Agemo festival, Ileya festival etc.
19. Mike Adenuga, an Ijebu man was first nigerian to single handedly own Oil Mining & Telecomunication(GLO)
20. Ijebu man was first musician to perform outside the shore of Nigeria.

What a great National! The Regional capital is Ijebu Ode. The Commercial capital is Sagamu The Spiritual capital is Ijebu Igbo.

I'm proud to be an Ijebu Man.

There are Ijebu Elites all across the globe.

There are registered Ijebu Associations in England, Ireland, Germany, NY, Florida, Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, Chicago, etc.
Ijebu is my fatherland. Please it is time to have our own STATE because Ijebu Empire was 2nd to OYO's in 15th century.
IJEBU STATE IS A MUST

Great Ijebuites......

The Yoruba Jews are at it again. Macof and PAGAN9JA let's see what you make of this.
Re: 20 Amazing Facts About Ijebus by Mynd44: 5:27am On Aug 12, 2014
bigfrancis21:

The Yoruba Jews are at it again. Macof and PAGAN9JA let's see what you make of this.
Of course the OP is wrong. The reason Ijebus are called Jebisites is merely a joke. People just wanted a cool thing to refer to them as

2 Likes

Re: 20 Amazing Facts About Ijebus by macof(m): 9:13am On Aug 12, 2014
bigfrancis21:

grin grin even the op knows he was joking, let him go ask his Oba, the Awujale
Re: 20 Amazing Facts About Ijebus by macof(m): 9:38am On Aug 12, 2014
I support Ijebu state smiley
Okun state should be actualized too, Okun state should be the priority
Re: 20 Amazing Facts About Ijebus by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 12, 2014
macof:

grin grin even the op knows he was joking, let him go ask his Oba, the Awujale

Has the Awujale changed his position on the origin of the Ijebu people? The last time I looked into the issue, he was saying the Ijebu came from Wadai in Sudan.
Re: 20 Amazing Facts About Ijebus by wilywily0: 12:44pm On Aug 12, 2014
Ijebu women love Juju too much.
Ijebu women=Juju women
Re: 20 Amazing Facts About Ijebus by macof(m): 7:24pm On Aug 12, 2014
Radoillo:

Has the Awujale changed his position on the origin of the Ijebu people? The last time I looked into the issue, he was saying the Ijebu came from Wadai in Sudan.
well, he said the last migration into ijebu area, which his ancestor Obanta led was from Waddai and I haven't seen anything to suggest Awujale retracting that statement
But wat about the first people of the land ruled by Olu-iwa??
Re: 20 Amazing Facts About Ijebus by Nobody: 11:34pm On Aug 12, 2014
Lmao @ the delusional hyperbole about being the largest ethnic group in Nigeria and other stuffs.

We've achieved a lot as a people, we don't extra stuffs.

We're warriors and merchants, and everywhere you find wholesale money to be made, you'll find an Ijebu there.

Proudly Ijebu and the Duke of Ijebuland! cool

1 Like

Re: 20 Amazing Facts About Ijebus by 1shortblackboy: 3:10am On Aug 13, 2014
utter nonsense
Re: 20 Amazing Facts About Ijebus by maclatunji: 7:35am On Aug 13, 2014
The OPs "facts" are not accurate. More like conjectures.
Re: 20 Amazing Facts About Ijebus by eluquenson(m): 7:53am On Aug 13, 2014
maclatunji: The OPs "facts" are not accurate. More like conjectures.
kindly quote those you are not content with.
Re: 20 Amazing Facts About Ijebus by kudsweet(f): 11:12am On Aug 13, 2014
The Ijebu are businessmen and women, so they are usually wealthy. It is because of this that the Ijebu are envied because they can afford the good things of life. If you see anyone who speaks ill about the Ijebu, it is because of inferiority complex, the Ijebu are the best crop of people you can find around.

Mind you! Am a typical Oyo woman but we need to call a spade a spade

2 Likes

Re: 20 Amazing Facts About Ijebus by maclatunji: 12:55pm On Aug 13, 2014
kudsweet: The Ijebu are businessmen and women, so they are usually wealthy. It is because of this that the Ijebu are envied because they can afford the good things of life. If you see anyone who speaks ill about the Ijebu, it is because of inferiority complex, the Ijebu are the best crop of people you can find around.

Is an Ijebu man running riot in your heart? #LOL

1 Like

Re: 20 Amazing Facts About Ijebus by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 13, 2014
kudsweet: The Ijebu are businessmen and women, so they are usually wealthy. It is because of this that the Ijebu are envied because they can afford the good things of life. If you see anyone who speaks ill about the Ijebu, it is because of inferiority complex, the Ijebu are the best crop of people you can find around.

Thanks my Oyo sister, and make sure you marry an Ijebu man.

We're also supremely intelligent and highly educated as well.

We love you my Oyo sister! grin cool

2 Likes

Re: 20 Amazing Facts About Ijebus by eluquenson(m): 9:37pm On Aug 13, 2014

Thank you for this truthful info, let's tell them the truth so that the devil will be ashamed.

Am an Ijebu man to the core.
Pm me grin

1 Like

Re: 20 Amazing Facts About Ijebus by kudsweet(f): 8:15am On Sep 08, 2014
maclatunji:

Is an Ijebu man running riot in your heart? #LOL
my hubby is from Ijebu grin
Re: 20 Amazing Facts About Ijebus by maclatunji: 8:29am On Sep 08, 2014
kudsweet: my hubby is from Ijebu grin

You see now. I will not say you are biased.
Re: 20 Amazing Facts About Ijebus by kudsweet(f): 11:43am On Sep 08, 2014
maclatunji:

You see now. I will not say you are biased.
There are statistics of people's experience with this tribe, no biased intention.

(1) (Reply)

Anebira Okene In The House / What Do You Think? / Epic Photo Of King Jaja Of Opobo!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.