Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:16 AM

2nd Niger Bridge Funds Released - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2nd Niger Bridge Funds Released (12096 Views)

2nd Niger Bridge: Oshiomhole Must Apologise To Nigerians, Say CSOs / Work On-going At 2nd Niger Bridge (video Proof) / APC Tasks Jonathan On Enugu’s Coal, 2nd Niger Bridge, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2nd Niger Bridge Funds Released by kmariko: 4:43am On Aug 12, 2014
The Nigerian Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) managers of the nation’s sovereign fund, will today release funds as part of its equity stake in the second Niger bridge, even as it revealed that it earned N2.5 billion in profits at the end of the half year 2014 period.

“We are in the process of paying money to Julius Berger as part of early works for the bridge,” said Uche Orji, the managing director, NSIA, in a telephone interview with BusinessDay.

“The SWF made net profits of N2.5 billion as at June, 2014, while our expenses were flattish to down,” Orji said.

The profits are 370 percent higher than the N525 million profits realised by the NSIA in the 15 month period to December 2013.

Half of the profits are realised gains, while the rest are unrealised gains from the investment portfolio, based on the market’s performance, according to Orji.

The Julius Berger-NSIA Motorways Investment Company (JB-NMIC) Consortium is the preferred bidder for the development of the Second River Niger Bridge Project.

The NSIA invests with three funds which are the Future Generations Fund to which it allocates 40 percent of its assets; Nigerian Infrastructure Fund (40 percent) and Stabilisation Fund (20 percent).

The Nigeria Infrastructure Fund (NIF) focuses entirely on domestic investments in selected infrastructure sectors.

“The Nigeria Infrastructure Fund (NIF), NSIA is focused on investing in critical infrastructure that would attract and support Foreign Direct Investment, promote economic diversification and enhance growth,” The NSIA said in a statement in its 2013 FY financial report.

The NSIA has funded three commitments in the infrastructure fund namely: the Nigeria Mortgage Refinancing Company, in which it holds 22.7 per cent stake, fund for agriculture finance and the second Niger Bridge.

Speaking on the future generations funds (FGF), Orji said four hedge fund managers were allocated 25 per cent of the agency’s assets, across various strategies including global, macro and long-short equities.

The FGF has an investment horizon of about 20 years.

Orji said the near term view is positive for the market in 2014, with 80 percent of the FGF asset allocation in growth assets, 15 percent in inflation hedge assets and 5 percent in deflation hedge assets.

Within the growth asset category, the NSIA has allocated 25 percent to equities, split 15 percent to emerging markets and 10 percent to developed markets.

‘‘We have also allocated 25 percent to absolute return funds, another 25 percent to private equity funds and 5 percent to other diversifiers. Within the inflation protection assets, we have allocated 10 percent to real assets and 5 percent to commodities. And finally we have retained 5 percent in cash as deflation protection for the portfolio,’’ he said.

The Private Equity (PE) fund would also be fully allocated by December, according to Orji.

While there was no direct exposure to Nigerian equities for the period, there was a little indirect exposure through investments in Emerging Markets (EM) fund managers with Nigerian assets in their portfolios.

‘’We are not considering direct exposure to Nigerian equities for now,’’ Orji said.
businessDay aug.11.2014

8 Likes

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge Funds Released by Mynd44: 5:50am On Aug 12, 2014

1 Like

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge Funds Released by eleojo23: 5:52am On Aug 12, 2014
Good. Only let the funds be used appropriately.

1 Like

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge Funds Released by Nobody: 5:53am On Aug 12, 2014
dis news no even get meaning

7 Likes

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge Funds Released by Birniwa(m): 5:54am On Aug 12, 2014
Making a FP for the first time since I started using Nairaland in 2008. Anyway, new topic please!

2 Likes

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge Funds Released by bunmioguns(m): 5:54am On Aug 12, 2014
You guys should please allow me to concentrate now, the noise emanating from this thread is just to o much embarassed

10 Likes

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge Funds Released by Firefire(m): 5:56am On Aug 12, 2014
A very good one. Let the work begin as fast as possible.

4 Likes

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge Funds Released by luvly101: 5:56am On Aug 12, 2014
Fresh Airrrr!!!

3 Likes

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge Funds Released by QMark: 5:57am On Aug 12, 2014
It was released for Niger bridge. I pray it is used for Niger bridge. tongue

2 Likes

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge Funds Released by Sijo01(f): 5:58am On Aug 12, 2014
Hope it will not end up in some elements pocket.

1 Like

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge Funds Released by 1stola: 5:59am On Aug 12, 2014
GEJ.
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge Funds Released by zicoraads: 5:59am On Aug 12, 2014
I don't even know what to type embarassed

If this thread reach second page, then OP is a winsh grin
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge Funds Released by Jaideyone(m): 6:00am On Aug 12, 2014
I'm so happy for them... let them have it. they've begged for 2 decades lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge Funds Released by donpope1(m): 6:01am On Aug 12, 2014
Dividend of democracy at play.. Its only fools that doubt Jonathan's progressive mindset.

The best Presido ever..

15 Likes

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge Funds Released by omenka(m): 6:02am On Aug 12, 2014
This scam nor get part two!!!

Shebi when Senator Ngige say dem never free 10kobo for the job, the children of anger rained insults on him!! Now he's been vindicated!! cheesy

Let us see how the project will stall after valentine next year!! gringringrin

PDP: Scamming the SE since 1200AD!!

16 Likes

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge Funds Released by timilehing(m): 6:03am On Aug 12, 2014
2nd Niger bridge:
where will it start and stop?
How many kilometres bridge?
It's going to connect which town-town or which state-state?
How long will the construction last!?
Will it be a toll-free bridge or Lagos bridge style way(#150/ toll-smallest vehicle)

Answers or Adonbilivit

1 Like

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge Funds Released by kekakuz(m): 6:03am On Aug 12, 2014
Jaideyone: I'm so happy for them... let them have it. they've begged for 2 decades lipsrsealed
yea lets just let them have it.

but before you know it,they will be everywhere.its Like opening a bigger door for them to escape their eastern jail they call home

4 Likes

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge Funds Released by aryzgreat: 6:04am On Aug 12, 2014
some people will have a terrible day and nightmare at night due to this good news.

I mean d cone heads.

18 Likes

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge Funds Released by Jaideyone(m): 6:05am On Aug 12, 2014
kekakuz:

but before you know it,they will be everywhere.its Like opening a bigger door for them to escape their eastern jail they call home
lmao they'll soon be here to bite you
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge Funds Released by eightsin(m): 6:05am On Aug 12, 2014
E war rats...mak una come start!
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge Funds Released by MrRhymes101(m): 6:06am On Aug 12, 2014
we can only pray and hope it is used for the purpose it was released
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge Funds Released by aryzgreat: 6:06am On Aug 12, 2014
Jaideyone: I'm so happy for them... let them have it. they've begged for 2 decades lipsrsealed

see one of them.

the evil ones from the wasteside of the south.

15 Likes

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge Funds Released by Jaideyone(m): 6:06am On Aug 12, 2014
omenka: This scam nor get part two!!!

Shebi when Senator Ngige say dem never free 10kobo for the job, the children of anger rained insults on him!! Now he's been vindicated!! cheesy

Let us see how the project will stall after valentine next year!! gringringrin

PDP: Scamming the SE since 1200AD!!
lol what an elder sees while sitting on a mat children will not see it while standing

5 Likes

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge Funds Released by iiichidodo: 6:08am On Aug 12, 2014
aryzgreat: some people will have a terrible day and nightmare at night due to this good news.

I mean d cone heads.
Shhh. Don't let their saviour supermod mynd hear you.You know how this pains them so....

19 Likes

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge Funds Released by uken73(m): 6:08am On Aug 12, 2014
Nigeria is moving forward.

2 Likes

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge Funds Released by lafuria1(m): 6:08am On Aug 12, 2014
But the funds haven't been released yet, they said they WILL which means they haven't. They should have released it, Julius Berger confirmingit and every one is happy.
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge Funds Released by IbrahimEazi(m): 6:09am On Aug 12, 2014
Can't believe am on front page! *Dancing skeluwu*
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge Funds Released by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:09am On Aug 12, 2014
2015 things...
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge Funds Released by aryzgreat: 6:09am On Aug 12, 2014
kekakuz:

Another vulture from the South West, haters of good news.

more of the Coneheads still converging from their evil coven.

13 Likes

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge Funds Released by Jaideyone(m): 6:10am On Aug 12, 2014
aryzgreat:

see one of them.

the evil ones from the wasteside of the south.
dolt does it look like I'm jealous? I'm very happy since I'm considering taking up a job with a multinational company in calabar cool

1 Like

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge Funds Released by farano(f): 6:10am On Aug 12, 2014
HBP don catch dis person grin

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

War On Terror: Military Now Enjoys Support From Civilian Communities - Olukolade / Photos: See How Nigeria Ladies Celebrate's National “ no bra day” / I Did Not Sack Any Worker- Gov. Fayemi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.