Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug (31197 Views)

Untested Ebola Drug Fails To Save Spanish Priest / Request To Modify Username / Seun: Request To Free Afam4eva (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by disloman(m): 6:40am On Aug 12, 2014
Maxie110: I believe that zmapp will cost almost a fortune to procure. ... Hmmmm I smell rat here, still believe that this so called ebola was designed for a purpose! God help us
Whatever.
Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by Smily202(m): 6:42am On Aug 12, 2014
teeo: Liberia needs the drug more at this point. But I am guessing in a few weeks we would also receive the drugs.

This is good news the scare of Ebola would soon pass away.
Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by bunmioguns(m): 6:42am On Aug 12, 2014
Fine
Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by Agimor(m): 6:42am On Aug 12, 2014
Good morning pals
Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by emperorchedda(m): 6:43am On Aug 12, 2014
Let's keep our fingers crossed and pray it doesn't affect any of us before the drug reaches Nigeria
Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by Amack(m): 6:48am On Aug 12, 2014
I believe one day naija doctors will come up with drug that can cure ebola without side effect.
Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by simplex2: 6:49am On Aug 12, 2014
gabazin080: ok

You had to quote the entire post for that silly comment?

Buffon!

@op: let them use the drug on Liberians first; if there's no massive after-effect, we can smuggle some of the drugs down here. After all, our own case isn't as bad as their's.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by adesolami36: 6:51am On Aug 12, 2014
US is been unfair to nigeria,d drug shud to sent to nigeria too
Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by lokoloko84(m): 6:52am On Aug 12, 2014
Amack: I believe one day naija doctors will come up with drug that can cure ebola without side effect.
Haaa! ignoramus...

1 Like

Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by yerimastyle(m): 6:55am On Aug 12, 2014
I don't know y we are complaining I thought Nigerian government said they don't need foreign aid so if we can do things our self y don't the leaders and those making and running their mouth look for the cure is it not d same head God gave to us?

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by mazeltov(m): 6:55am On Aug 12, 2014
Godjone: Na so dem com hate us reach When Nigeria requested for it, they refused giving it out but gave it to Liberia who imported the virus. It is clear the world powers hate Nigeria and must excel.
make we continue de manage the bitter kola alternative. God go help my country.
America doesn't hate us, we dnt knw what we want, obviously devil cnt give u a cap without requesting for ur head!!! most of us on this social media keep criticizing U.S that they are evil, almost 75% of nairalander hates america which always manifest through our post, i'm nt a fan of america/obama bt yet we would insult the them and still expect them to help us!!! no things are nt done like dat!!!

5 Likes

Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by DeeChukwu: 6:56am On Aug 12, 2014
Nawa o for Africans. You call US all sorts of names. Ebola is out and you are now begging for their help. Africans una funny o

6 Likes

Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by akalaka1(m): 6:59am On Aug 12, 2014
thechemist01: in fact this is why our profs. in d university needs to go into extensive research coz i know one tin for sure.......US scientist also have 1 head like us too
Greeting from the Special One! Krumbaga!!!
having read your post to him, the special one would like to let you know that in as much as they both (Nigerians and Americans: White Americans) have same head or carcass; majority of black definitely have a wide difference in IQ as compared to white Americans and as such, cannot proceed to the third level of knowldege, which comes in a flash (the gifted knowledge) for which the special one is rarely blessed.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by omoadeleye(m): 7:00am On Aug 12, 2014
maybe when Nigeria change to d way of america, there request we always be granted, but.... nah.... this can never happen
Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by Amack(m): 7:01am On Aug 12, 2014
Dey see say naija doctors are improving in the figth against ebola, that's why they rush there own drugs in to market to make quicker sell. I think dey say na september dey release the drugs.
Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by Nobody: 7:02am On Aug 12, 2014
Why America? Why not Russia? Since y'all like Putin so much.

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by jmoore(m): 7:03am On Aug 12, 2014
xp17: [s]I'm yet to see the impact of Russia on Africa. USA is been giving massive benevolent to every parts of the world since1900bc, yet some of you guys still hate us . being the world super power ain't about beans and agege bread , it's for a situation like this. the shoe of being the world super power is too big for Vladimir Putin and his people. you guys better absorb that fact now or...

God is an American.
an enemy of America is an enemy of God,
God bless America.
USA!
USA!!
USA!!! [/s]

Oyibo wannabe. smh

5 Likes

Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by Abbey2sam(m): 7:04am On Aug 12, 2014
Maxie110: I believe that zmapp will cost almost a fortune to procure. ... Hmmmm I smell rat here, still believe that this so called ebola was designed for a purpose! God help us

we somehow reason alike.............I never trust all this Americans
Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by Oduduwaboy(m): 7:06am On Aug 12, 2014

...maybe you are the smelly rat bro. you are smelling to yourself!
Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by arsetalks(m): 7:07am On Aug 12, 2014
Many people are saying Nigeria probably got rejected because it is not epidemic here, that can't be true. If it was, they would have said it.

Our rejection shows how lowly the western world rates GEJ's administration. I am sure a country like America knows the importance of stopping the disease before it becomes epidemic and can't have asked us to wait for it to become epidemic before sending help.

To be honest, we had enough time to avoid the problem but we procrastinated and now think America will help us. Why should they?

They are simply telling us to suffer more for our lack of action from the onset and rightly so.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by Nobody: 7:07am On Aug 12, 2014
Why can't we engineer our own drugs to curtail this disease? After we scream neocolonialism and yet Willingly submit to the imperialists.
Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by Charleschidera(m): 7:08am On Aug 12, 2014
Thank God!!! At last the will show us mercy.... Africa will live long and see great thing
Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by Nobody: 7:09am On Aug 12, 2014
chukwuma101: Why can't we engineer our own drugs to curtail this disease? After we scream neocolonialism and yet Willingly submit to the imperialists.

Because you Nigerians vote in governments that do not invest in education,and scientific innovation.

6 Likes

Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by yerimastyle(m): 7:10am On Aug 12, 2014
our polithievecian knows how to deceive their pple was it not David mark who said Nigeria don't need foreign Aid and how can u reject some one and still ask for help, what we say is Nigeria has values, culture, so y don't we use that thing we have to get what we want. do you think if it was South Africa Dat was faced with this ebola stuffs they would have assist since the first week

1 Like

Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by zaragoza(m): 7:11am On Aug 12, 2014
@OP
u forgot to mention that it wld be delivered free of charge
Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by Lekison(m): 7:12am On Aug 12, 2014
xp17: I'm yet to see the impact of Russia on Africa. USA is been giving massive benevolent to every parts of the world since1900bc, yet some of you guys still hate us . being the world super power ain't about beans and agege bread , it's for a situation like this. the shoe of being the world super power is too big for Vladimir Putin and his people. you guys better absorb that fact now or...

God is an American.
an enemy of America is an enemy of God,
God bless America.
USA!
USA!!
USA!!!

**edited**

haters, go and die !!!
koma kan aiye.
Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by fredosky111(m): 7:12am On Aug 12, 2014
Tank God for d us citizen dat was infected wit dis virus.left to Africans alone na salt we for drink tire nd alternatively tak herbs.

4 Likes

Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by Oduduwaboy(m): 7:13am On Aug 12, 2014
mazeltov: America doesn't hate us, we dnt knw what we want, obviously devil cnt give u a cap without requesting for ur head!!! most of us on this social media keep criticizing U.S that they are evil, almost 75% of nairalander hates america which always manifest through our post, i'm nt a fan of america/obama bt yet we would insult the them and still expect them to help us!!! no things are nt done like dat!!!
Imagine...we hate America, yet at the slightest opportunity to emigrate to America, the Naija man runs to live in America after giving testimony in church of how God has favoured him this year with the american visa. Why are we so without principles?

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by eaglechild: 7:15am On Aug 12, 2014
Liberia is a good first choice because the disease is out of control and they need all the help they can get.

I'm guessing Sierra Leone will be the next on the line before Guinea and Nigeria depending on availability of supplies.

All this may have also been sped up following the ethical questions raised by WHO on how the Spanish government procured the drug.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by Oduduwaboy(m): 7:18am On Aug 12, 2014
Charleschidera: Thank God!!! At last the will show us mercy.... Africa will live long and see great thing
what in the name of common sense does this post mean? THEY will show us mercy?! have they now become gods? with thinkings like this being prevalent in Africa, it is safe to assume that Africa is finished and hopeless!!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Dr. Abdulkareem Tunde Abdulrahaman Is Missing / Tell Us About Your Moniker / Nigerian Police Sabotage Hausa's In Ekiti To Burn Ado-ekiti Main Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.