Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,784 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug (31198 Views)

Untested Ebola Drug Fails To Save Spanish Priest / Request To Modify Username / Seun: Request To Free Afam4eva (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by mahteens: 9:56am On Aug 12, 2014
Yungwizzzy: OYIBO really have sense,

They know we have discovered the cure by ourself, since Thursday night

#We are fortified by warm saltwater!!

#Healed by by bitter kola!!

US can go to h3ll with their yeye zmap!!!

ALL HAILL THE KING -NIGERIA!!!!!!!!!

On a serious note how I wish this virus was in Iran, we would have been patiently waiting if there will beckon on the US grin grin
ceerious sef oo....all those countries that have chosen war as there way of livelihood e.g..ma mouth shut....d disease would had helped them a lot in terms of spending money 4 Weapons!! Just 1 touch or Hug is enough...lool

1 Like

Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by Graviton2(m): 9:58am On Aug 12, 2014
That's some old bullshit!

I still believe these Americans have a hidden scheme — Only time will tell what it is.
Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by 3kay945(m): 10:03am On Aug 12, 2014
xp17: I'm yet to see the impact of Russia on Africa. USA is been giving massive benevolent to every parts of the world since1900bc, yet some of you guys still hate us . being the world super power ain't about beans and agege bread , it's for a situation like this. the shoe of being the world super power is too big for Vladimir Putin and his people. you guys better absorb that fact now or...

you don't like America, but you like to see world problems solved, is like saying you don't like black women but you like women with big fat a'ss. we all know those are inseparable cool

God is an American.
an enemy of America is an enemy of God,
God bless America.
USA!
USA!!
USA!!!

**edited**

haters, go and die !!!

solidly behind you. cool

4 Likes

Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by roufy235(m): 10:04am On Aug 12, 2014
what is the use of these our professors. Shey na to strike dem only sabi
Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by Gordieshegz(m): 10:04am On Aug 12, 2014
It's just another conspiracy theory so to say..I consider Liberia as only d experimental ground of ebola virus,it wasn't leant for them,it was targeted at nigerians!! If not,someone would have to tell exactly what patrick sawyer was meant to do in Nigeria..business?? Resorts?? Would we be wrong to consider him as only an ambassador responsible for the transmission of the virus to succeptible nigeria just to make her dance to d tune of ever 'willing-to-dominate' US.,if not,why will the vaccine that Nigeria was denied access to,be said to be given to Liberia 2 days later??Maybe this decision will help us-as a nation-have a rethink and put a limit to our dependence on the western world..ebola wont make me renounce my nationalist,i pledge!..still proudly a nigerian
Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by Onyiido: 10:06am On Aug 12, 2014
pDude: grin grin grin

Muhehehehehe!

Once again, US has used backhand slap to burn Nigeria's face.

Do you remember when they sent in Navy Seals to bring back Chibok girls and your president and Northern leaders told them that their help wasn't needed? Yes that! cheesy

From that it was obvious you guys can help yourselves. US only helps those who really need help. tongue
That's exactly the point.
Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by Sagamite(m): 10:07am On Aug 12, 2014
Godjone: Na so dem com hate us reach When Nigeria requested for it, they refused giving it out but gave it to Liberia who imported the virus. It is clear the world powers hate Nigeria and we must excel.
we go continue de manage the bitter kola alternative. God go help my country.

"Proof" by a cretinous product of a failed education system. grin grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by 3kay945(m): 10:09am On Aug 12, 2014
ak4God: America want to control the world by all means.Pls how do we come about this Ebola in the first place?They said through Monkeys,apes animals etc,but are there no monkeys or animals in America?Maybe they re of different species.Infact they have more contacts with these animals than us.They practise bestiality(Having sex with animals),which is a taboo in Africa.The other time they said we should not eat chicken again because of flu,but i could remember when i was younger in the early 80s and 90s when you see any chicken exihibiting a strange symptons(KOLI) we killed the chicken instantly and eat it,nothing happened to us,why is it that now they are saying we cant eat bush meat,chicken and so on?Also anytime they want to discover any sickness,its always from Black African"s country,why not Egypt,Libya,Tunisia,Algeria and so on?
The fact is that most of these so called researchers go into laboratories and prepare one virus,at the same time the ANTI VIRUS,then take flight to AFRICA,inject the animal they wanted and release the animal back into the forest,then a hunter killed the animal with excitement shared eat among his family or sell it,then virus starts spreading,whereby the Americans have the Anti virus already,Then overnight they claimed to have found the solutions.
What we are experincing now is called MENTAL SLAVERY.Forget all these stories and aids they are given.It has been premeditated
So AFRICA,All that glitters is not gold,SHINE YOUR EYE!!

undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by continentalceo(m): 10:10am On Aug 12, 2014
bigx: No gay marriage, no ZMAPP grin

My brother you know what's Up, Librarians were granted exactly what Nigerians were refused! If they like let them cut all diplomatic ties with Nigeria, Nigerian will never be blackmailed into anyfin! Kapish!
Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by IdJack(m): 10:11am On Aug 12, 2014
Good news but it is high time our put our house in order.....Research, Research, Research.....period
Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by Sagamite(m): 10:11am On Aug 12, 2014
Amack: I believe one day naija doctors will come up with drug that can cure ebola without side effect.

Yes, they will.

In another 500 years. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You think the majority quacks we have as doctors in Nigeria will discover anything? grin grin grin grin grin

While they are underfunded, poorly trained and politicians like Akpabio are awarding themselves £400K pensions instead of funding research and the person citizens would still scream their praise like "GEJ till 4057"? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Keep on dreaming in your luluworld!

6 Likes

Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by Sagamite(m): 10:12am On Aug 12, 2014
adesolami36: US is been unfair to nigeria,d drug shud to sent to nigeria too

They owe you something?

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by oladipojolaoso8(m): 10:14am On Aug 12, 2014
Maxie110: I believe that zmapp will cost almost a fortune to procure. ... Hmmmm I smell rat here, still believe that this so called ebola was designed for a purpose! God help us

Took the words right of my mouth...i dont trust the usa at all!!!
Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by 3kay945(m): 10:14am On Aug 12, 2014
Gordieshegz: It's just another conspiracy theory so to say..I consider Liberia as only d experimental ground of ebola virus,it wasn't leant for them,it was targeted at nigerians!! If not,someone would have to tell exactly what patrick sawyer was meant to do in Nigeria..business?? Resorts?? Would we be wrong to consider him as only an ambassador responsible for the transmission of the virus to succeptible nigeria just to make her[b] dance to d tune of ever 'willing-to-dominate' US.[/b],if not,why will the vaccine that Nigeria was denied access to,be said to be given to Liberia 2 days later??Maybe this decision will help us-as a nation-have a rethink and put a limit to our dependence on the western world..ebola wont make me renounce my nationalist,i pledge!..still proudly a nigerian

Are you(Africans) a threat to them.
The only thing Africans threatening them with is the African women BIG A.S.S and nothing nothing nothing fu.c.k.in.g more. cool

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by jokinexcel(m): 10:16am On Aug 12, 2014
Guys wait. Wait wait I got an idea. Why not use this Ebola virus to fight Boko Haram, let the govt jus send one Ebola victim into their camp and in a month time the ebola victim must have infected them all. Just position one ebola carrier in a place for the boko guys to kidnap and in just 2 months times boko haram will be a thing of the past. GEJ should contact me for more detail. It will spread so fast in a camp/forest environment, I bet this will work, let's put EBola to our advantage. I always think of a way of turning badnews to goodnews. Guys What do you THINK?
Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by Sagamite(m): 10:16am On Aug 12, 2014
arsetalks: Many people are saying Nigeria probably got rejected because it is not epidemic here, that can't be true. If it was, they would have said it.

Our rejection shows how lowly the western world rates GEJ's administration. I am sure a country like America knows the importance of stopping the disease before it becomes epidemic and can't have asked us to wait for it to become epidemic before sending help.

To be honest, we had enough time to avoid the problem but we procrastinated and now think America will help us. Why should they?

They are simply telling us to suffer more for our lack of action from the onset and rightly so.

Our person in Aso Rock, through his hippo wife's big illiterate mouth, would probably blame APC for bringing Ebola to Nigeria to discredit his government. grin grin grin grin grin grin

They would soon show us "evidence" that APC paid for the Liberian guy's flight ticket and then told Obama not to provide us with Zmapp.

Sincere9gerian, I lie? grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 12, 2014
side effect is preferred to death
Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by judedwriter(m): 10:17am On Aug 12, 2014
mr sawyer brought this deadly germ to us, may God punish...anyway d man don expire. May God deliver us from this nightmare.
Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by Sagamite(m): 10:21am On Aug 12, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Because you Nigerians vote in governments that do not invest in education,and scientific innovation.

The fcktards vote for fcktards that:

- award themselves N100m per year pensions.
- fcktards that their priority is to buy themselves private jets and when they crash in it, they run to Germany and do not use the local health services.
- criminals with cases in court that give them bag of rice.
- achievementless reetards with illiterate wives who is in charge of the education of kids whose lives would be destroyed.
- crooks that become billionaires as civil servants.
- etc.

And they have no shame in screaming the praise of these fcktards!

Moronic nation, moronic people! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by 3kay945(m): 10:23am On Aug 12, 2014
dady12: i always say it that the enemies of the america are those boko haram brothers who beleive in other gods than the holy one of isreal.America ve so much intrest for nigeria but we always critisize them because they rescue the oppressed nations.they come to our aid during the boko haram issue but we refuse to compromise with them and our norther brothers are busy saying let them go back,we dont need america,because of isreal vs hammas,people hate america.now they want russian to deal with them.how many times russian talk about surporting nigeria on boko haram or think of africa problem?now ebola is all over west africa,why cant russian help africa?we know there is God but we should recognise the help of big nations giving africans assistance .russian are busy researching on nuclear weapons why america are reseaching on how life can be save.

Many havent realized that yet.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by Sagamite(m): 10:24am On Aug 12, 2014
fredosky111: Tank God for d us citizen dat was infected wit dis virus.left to Africans alone na salt we for drink tire nd alternatively tak herbs.

And so?

That is what a person like Rossike terms "Success in the making"! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 12, 2014
Gordieshegz: It's just another conspiracy theory so to say..I consider Liberia as only d experimental ground of ebola virus,it wasn't leant for them,it was targeted at nigerians!! If not,someone would have to tell exactly what patrick sawyer was meant to do in Nigeria..business?? Resorts?? Would we be wrong to consider him as only an ambassador responsible for the transmission of the virus to succeptible nigeria just to make her dance to d tune of ever 'willing-to-dominate' US.,if not,why will the vaccine that Nigeria was denied access to,be said to be given to Liberia 2 days later??Maybe this decision will help us-as a nation-have a rethink and put a limit to our dependence on the western world..ebola wont make me renounce my nationalist,i pledge!..still proudly a nigerian

I concur with you. What was Patrick's business in Nigeria?? He put Nigerians in danger!!!
Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by kasimevuti(m): 10:26am On Aug 12, 2014
[quote author=kmanning]
Liberia has said it will receive doses of an experimental Ebola drug to treat infected doctors in the West African country.

A statement, published on the Liberian presidency's website on Monday, said the United States had approved a request from Liberia's President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf to ship the medicine, ZMapp, after a direct appeal to US President Barack Obama on Friday.

However, a spokesperson for the US Health and Human Services (HHS) Department said US authorities had simply assisted in connecting the Liberian government with the drug's manufacturer.

"Since the drug was shipped for use outside the US, appropriate export procedures had to be followed," the HHS spokesperson said, adding the drug company had worked directly with the Liberian government.

The Liberian statement said the head of the WHO, Margaret Chan, had authorised the dispatch of additional doses of the experimental drug to Liberia to support the treatment of affected doctors. Those doses will be delivered by a WHO expert this week.

A WHO spokesman did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Lewis Brown, Liberian information minister, told the Reuters news agency that it was not clear how many doses of the drug had been sent, but it could be in Monrovia within the next 48 hours.

The company said in a statement on Monday that its supply had been exhausted.

ZMapp, produced by California-based Mapp Biopharmaceutical, has already been used to treat two US aid workers and a Spanish priest infected with Ebola.

Global health emergency

The death toll from the world's worst outbreak of Ebola has climbed to 1,013 people, according to figures on Monday from the World Health Organisation, which has branded the outbreak an international health emergency.

The WHO has said the epidemic will likely continue for months as the region's healthcare systems struggle to cope and has appealed urgently for funding and emergency medical staff.

A WHO medical ethics committee had discussed on Monday the use of experimental drugs to tackle the world's worst outbreak of the deadly virus. It is due to announce its findings on Tuesday.

Aside from the ethics of using experimental drugs in humans, the committee was also due to consider who should receive priority for the limited supplies of the drugs.

http://www.diseasearena..com
Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by 3kay945(m): 10:26am On Aug 12, 2014
Sagamite:

The fcktards vote for fcktards that:

- award themselves N100m per year pensions.
- fcktards that their priority is to buy themselves private jets and when they crash in it, they run to Germany and do not use the local health services.
- criminals with cases in court that give them bag of rice.
- achievementless reetards with illiterate wives who is in charge of the education of kids whose lives would be destroyed.
- crooks that become billionaires as civil servants.
- etc.

And they have no shame in screaming the praise of these fcktards
!

Moronic nation, moronic people! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin
Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by Sagamite(m): 10:27am On Aug 12, 2014
nerodenero: If Cameroun is faced with severe challenges,France is ever ready to safe them but in our case,these selfish British WILL never help Nigeria.I applaud USA's gesture and just hope they can extend their goodwill to other African countries ravaged with this disease.

Selfish?

You are a cretinous person!

Did the British tell Nigerians to be fcktards?

They owe you help?

1 Like

Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by Nobody: 10:28am On Aug 12, 2014
jokinexcel: Guys wait. Wait wait I got an idea. Why not use this Ebola virus to fight Boko Haram, let the govt jus send one Ebola victim into their camp and in a month time the ebola victim must have infected them all. Just position one ebola carrier in a place for the boko guys to kidnap and in just 2 months times boko haram will be a thing of the past. GEJ should contact me for more detail. It will spread so fast in a camp/forest environment, I bet this will work, let's put EBola to our advantage. I always think of a way of turning badnews to goodnews. Guys What do you THINK?
n boko boys wil sneak into villages n towns infecting people. n u wil b d first person i think d salt walter is affecting ur brain u need zmapp

1 Like

Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by Sagamite(m): 10:30am On Aug 12, 2014
Okeikpu: A very beautiful continent...with a bunch of useless set of human being living in it.... angry

Pure fucktards!

Instead of educating their minds, you will see the fcktards coming to places like NL to preoccupy themselves with "Us vs Them".

"I hate Ghana" fcktards.

"We are better than SA" cretins.

Shyt is not human waste. Most Nigerians are human waste! Shyt just smells more.

6 Likes

Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by Sagamite(m): 10:32am On Aug 12, 2014
benbuks: 2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by Sagamite(m): 10:33am On Aug 12, 2014
musulumi: One who writes a Virus program must equally write the anti-Virus nah......US, I shake my head for her quest to dominate the world at all cost!

You are a cretinous, moronic person!

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by nerodenero: 10:34am On Aug 12, 2014
Sagamite:
Selfish?
Did the British tell Nigerians to be fcktards?
They owe you help?
Stop stalking me Mr.Cretinous Fu.cktard.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 12, 2014
Interesting.

When ebola clears, hopefully, we'll start building research laboratories and not Churches and Mosques everywhere. Else the guinea pig syndrome is going to continue with folks slaving for experimental drugs everywhere. No one can argue against this if there are side effects, you begged for it, and you'll to deal with the consequences(if there are any).

BTW, Zmapp serum was made by Mapp Biopharmaceutical(a private company), but the research for the serum, was funded by the US military - and that makes the serum a property of the US government. So you've to go through the US government to get the drug, not directly through the company. Just putting this out there for those advising Nigeria to go directly through the company.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: US Approves Liberia Request To Send Untested Drug by meetyoyinsola: 10:36am On Aug 12, 2014
HEALTH is WEALTH, Once in a lifetime people come across opportunity that ultimately change the course of history, This liquid health product made from ALOE VERA, NINE SEA VEGETABLES and HONEY is one of such thing. This specially formulated nutritional supplement will Boost your immune system, and make your body strong to fight off Viruses and treat various diseases/ailment. (Even Ebola no go try am) Join this moving train NOW, For further informations/details pls contact, pin:232231CB or call 08034541563,08025135103

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Dr. Abdulkareem Tunde Abdulrahaman Is Missing / Tell Us About Your Moniker / Nigerian Police Sabotage Hausa's In Ekiti To Burn Ado-ekiti Main Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.