Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,616 members, 7,820,183 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

How Do You Tell If Someone Is South African! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Do You Tell If Someone Is South African! (7480 Views)

Betrayal!!! How To Tell If She Have Had Sex With Someone Else / South African Black Females r the Most Refined n elegant Black Girls in d world! / Can You Tell A Nigerian By Their Face? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Tell If Someone Is South African! by Mpele(m): 8:54am On Oct 20, 2008
This is how to spot a black South African!

1. A bit afraid of strangers.

2. Most of the time rude.

3. The only countries he/she knows in Africa are the neighbouring countries and Nigeria.

4. Identify most with black Americans than Africans.

5. Confused by AFRICAN countries as most of their flags are the same.

6. Violent and always ready for a fight

7. Can't argue as they get emotional very quickly.

8. Think of Mandela as some kind of Jesus.

9. Think that white South Africans must pay for apartheid

10. Most of them are drunkards

11. The weekend starts on thursday.

12. adores fast cars.

13. The only african leader they know is Robert Mugabe.

14. Most of them don't even know that the following countries exists Mali, Chad, Central African Republic, Tunisia, Niger, Mauritania, Burundi, Guneai.

15. Most think that there are know cellphones, TV's, malls in Africa.

White South African

1. Thinks that black South Africans are lazy.

2. They all hate Britain and Australia

3. They're afraid of Nigerians in particular

4. When they see strangers they speak Afrikaans.

5. Most of them adores Mandela and hate the Queen.

6. They always think that one day blacks will chase them away

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Tell If Someone Is South African! by MCUsman(m): 10:57am On Oct 20, 2008
When he is xenophobic angry angry angry angry
Re: How Do You Tell If Someone Is South African! by Gamine(f): 3:19pm On Oct 20, 2008
AAh! You forgot poland!! undecided

U failed to mention their Fugly face and ofasize body.
for the blacks

and
Vampirish looks for the whites

You are really spot on on d Naija issue, why are you guys threatened by nigerians eh undecided grin
Re: How Do You Tell If Someone Is South African! by Ifygurl: 12:01am On Oct 23, 2008
What kind of person is this? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

What decent human being will insult there country?

Are you Xenophobic Mbele?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Tell If Someone Is South African! by ayobase(m): 7:53pm On Oct 24, 2008
yet to come answwer that question!!!!
Re: How Do You Tell If Someone Is South African! by ikeyman00(m): 9:10pm On Oct 24, 2008
big shapeless vibrating a$$ ha
Re: How Do You Tell If Someone Is South African! by blackspade(m): 4:38am On Oct 25, 2008
-When they are overweight, and adore American Fast Food Outlets (Obese)
-When they hit you when you say you are not South African (Xenophobic)
-When they ask you for a couple hundred Rand for no apparent reason (Drug Addict)
-When they think Nigeria is nothing but dirt roads, with tribes fighting each other everywhere (Arrogant)
-When they talk about sending their mining companies to poor countries, to capitalize on their resources. (Greedy)

Just generalizations I hear most often. . . . .

1 Like

Re: How Do You Tell If Someone Is South African! by KarmaMod(f): 4:55am On Oct 25, 2008
SA is pathetic.
Re: How Do You Tell If Someone Is South African! by arramyjay: 12:45pm On Oct 25, 2008
Mpele:

This is how to spot a black South African!

1. A bit afraid of strangers.

2. Most of the time rude.

3. The only countries he/she knows in Africa are the neighbouring countries and Nigeria.

4. Identify most with black Americans than Africans.

5. Confused by AFRICAN countries as most of their flags are the same.

6. Violent and always ready for a fight

7. Can't argue as they get emotional very quickly.

8. Think of Mandela as some kind of Jesus.

9. Think that white South Africans must pay for apartheid

10. Most of them are drunkards

11. The weekend starts on thursday.

12. adores fast cars.

13. The only african leader they know is Robert Mugabe.

14. Most of them don't even know that the following countries exists Mali, Chad, Central African Republic, Tunisia, Niger, Mauritania, Burundi, Guneai.

15. Most think that there are know cellphones, TV's, malls in Africa.

White South African

1. Thinks that black South Africans are lazy.

2. They all hate Britain and Australia

3. They're afraid of Nigerians in particular

4. When they see strangers they speak Afrikaans.

5. Most of them adores Mandela and hate the Queen.

6. They always think that one day blacks will chase them away

How absurd.
Re: How Do You Tell If Someone Is South African! by Gamine(f): 1:16pm On Oct 25, 2008
How is it absurd undecided

Are you south african?
Re: How Do You Tell If Someone Is South African! by tamme: 1:08am On Jul 15, 2009
their hips cheesy
Re: How Do You Tell If Someone Is South African! by brainwave360(m): 2:46pm On Aug 29, 2013
You simply ask them where they're from. I don't understand why well off Africans come onto the internet to bash each other for the whole world to see when there are countless websites out there dedicated to insulting black people indiscriminately in the worst ways possible. Things that have been said on this thread are rubbish. The xenophobia is in very poor areas among people who either feel theyr jobs are being taken by illegal immigrants or feel threatened by illegal immigrants who operate illegal networks. The dislike people have for Nigerians in SA is for those who come here only to destroy the country by bringing in contraband or setting up illegal networks. Not Nigerians in general. Most SAns worth a damn don't know anyone who is an illegal Nigerian selling drugs or involved in illegal business. There is no issue with Nigerians who contribute which are the only ones I've encountered. No SAns are not all lazy, we've achieved a lot in the last 19 years.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Tell If Someone Is South African! by tpia5: 3:58pm On Aug 29, 2013
why are south africans so much into nigeria?
Re: How Do You Tell If Someone Is South African! by brainwave360(m): 5:50pm On Aug 29, 2013
tpia@:
why are south africans so much into nigeria?

Around one in ten black people in the world is Nigerian. So as far as Africans goes most people will likely come into contact with Nigerians more than any other group hence why people talk more about immigrant Nigerians than others, all over the world in every country, its not just SA. The stereotypes in SA are no different than those in other countries.
Re: How Do You Tell If Someone Is South African! by tpia5: 8:14pm On Aug 29, 2013
the south africans seem a bit more aggressive than other african countries when it comes to nigeria.
Re: How Do You Tell If Someone Is South African! by brainwave360(m): 11:11pm On Aug 29, 2013
There are over 50 million people in SA. There is no individual known as The South Africans. How many Nigerians immigrate to other non West African African countries as oppose to the number of those who come here, obviously.
Re: How Do You Tell If Someone Is South African! by brainwave360(m): 11:15pm On Aug 29, 2013
tpia@:
the south africans seem a bit more aggressive than other african countries when it comes to nigeria.

Why don't you give people the benefit of the doubt. Nigerian movies are popular in SA. Everyone is always imitating a nigerian accent or saying things like chineke or whatever else they hear from those Africa magic films.

There is a huge problem here of Nigerians selling drugs and what not and that has created a lot of stereotypes. But obviously there are Nigerians working corporate jobs or as phd lecturers etc in SA but nobody talks about them. Only squeaky hinges get oiled. Yes a lot of people do often associate Nigerian with scam/drugs/illegal that's not prejudice its something they form from experience or observation, I get a lot of emails from Nigeria about money transfers or winning money and places like Hillbrow are infamous for having a lot of Nigerians many of them being drug dealers and part of crime networks. Its unfortunate. Its not fair on your part to accuse South Africa of being inherently xenophobic against Nigerians. I have nothing in common with the guy living in a shack or RDP in Alexandra who attacks foreigners because he feels theyr taking his jobs, his views are very different to mine and so to accuse us all of things done by a section of the population (the poor, unskilled and probably alcoholic) is not accurate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Tell If Someone Is South African! by Adamskuty(m): 7:29pm On Sep 01, 2013
They are generally ugly looking as well!
Re: How Do You Tell If Someone Is South African! by MrsChima(f): 9:03pm On Sep 01, 2013
Adamskuty: They are generally ugly looking as well!

They must not be too ugly if Nigerian men are marrying/dating the SA chicks like flies!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Tell If Someone Is South African! by Adamskuty(m): 10:19pm On Sep 01, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

They must not be too ugly if Nigerian men are marrying/dating the SA chicks like flies!
who told u that nigerian men are marrying/dating them like flies? Lol! Just because u saw a case or two doesn't mean nigerian guys are rushing after them,lmaoo grin can u mention atleast 5 nigerian men that has a S.a wife or dating one since u said "we" are dating/marrying them like flies,moreover when u are in a different country they is a high chance of u marrying or dating a citizen of that country.

Take note not all of them are ugly looking,about 10% are decent looking,99% of their men are ugly,the afrikaans are even worst,i haven't seen a goodlooking afrikaan, (e.g oscar and his late gf) the only good looking one i have seen is mixed!
Re: How Do You Tell If Someone Is South African! by tpia5: 10:34pm On Sep 01, 2013
It doesnt really matter how anyone looks- nigerians will marry anywhere they find themselves.
Re: How Do You Tell If Someone Is South African! by MrsChima(f): 11:26pm On Sep 01, 2013
Adamskuty: who told u that nigerian men are marrying/dating them like flies? Lol! Just because u saw a case or two doesn't mean nigerian guys are rushing after them,lmaoo grin can u mention atleast 5 nigerian men that has a S.a wife or dating one since u said "we" are dating/marrying them like flies,moreover when u are in a different country they is a high chance of u marrying or dating a citizen of that country.

Take note not all of them are ugly looking,about 10% are decent looking,99% of their men are ugly,the afrikaans are even worst,i haven't seen a goodlooking afrikaan, (e.g oscar and his late gf) the only good looking one i have seen is mixed!

If I name them....you wouldn't know who the hell I am talking about! undecided

Please be real....you know Nigerian men like that SA meat!
Re: How Do You Tell If Someone Is South African! by Adamskuty(m): 11:44pm On Sep 01, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

If I name them....you wouldn't know who the hell I am talking about! undecided

Please be real....you know Nigerian men like that SA meat!
hell no!!! Except those one that got big booty like nadia grin
Re: How Do You Tell If Someone Is South African! by MrsChima(f): 12:12am On Sep 02, 2013
Adamskuty: hell no!!! Except those one that got big booty like nadia grin

Flat bootyed chicks get play too afterall aren't Naija girls known to have flat booties? grin
Re: How Do You Tell If Someone Is South African! by Adamskuty(m): 7:39am On Sep 02, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Flat bootyed chicks get play too afterall aren't Naija girls known to have flat booties? grin
naaah! Watcha sayying? 1 out of 10 9ja chicks got flat booties,flat or moderate booty chicks in nigeria are mainly northerners!

Or u got flat booty? cheesy grin
Re: How Do You Tell If Someone Is South African! by MrsChima(f): 1:14pm On Sep 02, 2013
Adamskuty: naaah! Watcha sayying? 1 out of 10 9ja chicks got flat booties,flat or moderate booty chicks in nigeria are mainly northerners!

Or u got flat booty? cheesy grin

I am not a Nigerian. wink
Re: How Do You Tell If Someone Is South African! by jaybee3(m): 1:15pm On Sep 02, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

You are by marriage. You berra go and apply for your biafra passport pronto grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Tell If Someone Is South African! by Adamskuty(m): 2:05pm On Sep 02, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

u expect me to believe that? Miss CHIMA from the eastern side
Re: How Do You Tell If Someone Is South African! by Adamskuty(m): 2:07pm On Sep 02, 2013
jay bee:
You are by marriage. You berra go and apply for your biafra passport pronto grin grin grin
define the word biafra? What's the meaning,its symbols,how did it come about? grin
Re: How Do You Tell If Someone Is South African! by jaybee3(m): 2:16pm On Sep 02, 2013
Adamskuty: define the word biafra? What's the meaning,its symbols,how did it come about? grin

1 Like

Re: How Do You Tell If Someone Is South African! by Adamskuty(m): 2:27pm On Sep 02, 2013
jay bee:

is that ur dad? grin
Re: How Do You Tell If Someone Is South African! by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 02, 2013
Hmmmmmm.. I just dey observe grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Full List Of All 51 Oonis Of Ife In History (photos) / African Identity: Nigerians And Their Foreign Names / List Of Traditional Rulers And Communities In Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.