Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,194 members, 7,835,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

A Thread For Computer Science Students.(Nacossites) - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Thread For Computer Science Students.(Nacossites) (27289 Views)

Thread For Computer Science Students NACOSSITES... Introduce Yourselves / Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? / Computer Science Students And Graduates, Lets Meet Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Computer Science Students.(Nacossites) by LordRahl001: 12:44pm On Aug 13, 2014
Missy89:

i wasn't asking about what it was, i was asking about how it works (technical details not theoretical)

I haven't seen planet of apes. horror?
oh sorry!!! and planet of apes aint scary just some lab test with animals gone crazy!!!
Re: A Thread For Computer Science Students.(Nacossites) by onyeuka: 12:44pm On Aug 13, 2014
Computer science students indeed, those guy's that dont knw how to save files in a computer
Re: A Thread For Computer Science Students.(Nacossites) by mindworx: 12:47pm On Aug 13, 2014
Well, I was a computer science boy in school days .. they called me Java. But my brother .. the major tool i use everyday now is excel. I use it to track all my money .. investment portfolios with dates, expected dates and amounts ... grin grin grin
Re: A Thread For Computer Science Students.(Nacossites) by LordRahl001: 12:47pm On Aug 13, 2014
DaGC:

I don't know if any of the Alumni of the old Informatics Institute is here; I'm sure they would have told you that I helped seniors, juniors and even foundation students as much as I could. There were days I hardly had time for myself. I shared knowledge as much as I could. All you had to do was ask, and if I could help, I would. I wasn't an 'A' student o, infact, I sucked theoretically, but practically, I was better than some 'A' students. Its been years I left there but I'm still in contact with quite a few of them. Some are even better IT gurus now. An old course mate recently won a Virgin group innovative competition recently in the UK presented to him by Sir Richard Branson. Bros, Nigeria ICT industry is on the rise. kiss
Thats really good to know sir!! forgive me for being too forward!! but really thats what we need in this generation!! if we cant have it all, we should prepare it for the next generation like David prepared the materials for the Temple before Solomon becomes the King!! Thanks sir.
Re: A Thread For Computer Science Students.(Nacossites) by dabrake(m): 12:50pm On Aug 13, 2014
chibwike: dont you think learning up to 15 programs would be kinda stressful...i prefer focusing on one program and becoming perfect in it.
As in, 15!!!!. Nigerians are just jack of all trades and could be annoying. This is no hustling spirit, rather, a greedy one.
Alright, let me use a practical illustration. If I were contracted to build a portal and the portal is expected to comprise of expertise on HTML, CSS, PHP, MYSQL and JAVASCRIPT and say I am only good at the Cascading styling, I will seek clean and experienced hands in the remaining aspect and might/will go further to seek a systems analyst because I want to deliver something that speaks quality, beauty and near-perfection. It might be a window to my breakthroughs as the client might recommend me for similar and complex ones.
But the average man who learnt programming will want to do everything alone so as to chop alone, thereby ending up with a mediocre product.
Or why will someone want to learn more than 5/6 languages?
Re: A Thread For Computer Science Students.(Nacossites) by DaGC(m): 12:53pm On Aug 13, 2014
LordRahl001:
Thats really good to know sir!! forgive me for being too forward!! but really thats what we need in this generation!! if we cant have it all, we should prepare it for the next generation like David prepared the materials for the Temple before Solomon becomes the King!! Thanks sir.

You are being too formal with the 'sir'. I'm just a regular guy. I perfectly ok with you calling me 'guy' 'bro' etc. smiley

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Computer Science Students.(Nacossites) by dabrake(m): 12:53pm On Aug 13, 2014
Tiimmy: Computer scientist can also be "Instrumentation & Control Engineers" in reputable oil and gas industries.

Up-coming course on Instrumentation, Automation & Control engineering.

http://timmsvillee..com/
Modelling, Simulation and optimization nko?
Re: A Thread For Computer Science Students.(Nacossites) by DaGC(m): 12:58pm On Aug 13, 2014
chat2deen: A graduate of Batchelor Information Technology (BIT) Conventry University,M.sc Information and Communication Technology (M.sc ICT) Northern University of Malaysia and Phd student of Information System @ Universiti Tecknologi Malaysia (starting 04th sept 2014) and currently serving as military instructor/lecturer @ a Nigerian Military Institutions. Certified 10g OCP(solaris/linux)
Computer scientist I dey greet una.

Bros, I hail you too
Re: A Thread For Computer Science Students.(Nacossites) by GodMode: 12:58pm On Aug 13, 2014
chibwike: dont you think learning up to 15 programs would be kinda stressful...i prefer focusing on one program and becoming perfect in it.

That's the basic for studying comp. Sci... This days you can't focus on one. The average web developer knows html,css, javascript,php, ajax and some frameworks. Of the ones I listed above php and js are what I consider programming languages.

But its up to the programmer to choose. But the creator of C++ once said "do not consider yourself a professional if you don't know at least 5 programming languages".
Re: A Thread For Computer Science Students.(Nacossites) by LordRahl001: 12:59pm On Aug 13, 2014
DaGC:

You are being too formal with the 'sir'. I'm just a regular guy. I perfectly ok with you calling me 'guy' 'bro' etc. smiley
issolkay bro!!!
Re: A Thread For Computer Science Students.(Nacossites) by dabrake(m): 12:59pm On Aug 13, 2014
onyeuka: Computer science students indeed, those guy's that dont knw how to save files in a computer
Stale joke. Unless you want to tell me that "Ctrl + S > click directory > ok" more challenging than "fourier series" or "power series solutiob to differential equation".
Then I will readily give up on this whack mockery of yours.
Re: A Thread For Computer Science Students.(Nacossites) by bangalee1(m): 12:59pm On Aug 13, 2014
onyeuka: Computer science students indeed, those guy's that dont knw how to save files in a computer
people sha, even a primary school boy can do that... Maybe you just don't like d course.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Computer Science Students.(Nacossites) by fattbabakay(m): 1:02pm On Aug 13, 2014
Usolace: it seems computer science students don't v flare anymore for the GENERAL COURSE...GENERAL COURSE in such dat u need not to b a graduate b4 u can become a computer literate.....we r in a global world now....
Computer Science is not just about being a computer literate man,grow up!
Re: A Thread For Computer Science Students.(Nacossites) by fattbabakay(m): 1:04pm On Aug 13, 2014
Vstuffs: I was once an aspirant....but now I believe I will among those going to UNN for matriculation in the forth coming months
I am going to study computer science wow

Okay back to the matter

After spending several months giving out different video tutorials on web development to many computer science students.... I notice different things
*many nigeria schools teach rubbish to computer science students
*many graduates of computer science do not know any thing about web development,programming(some know little of fortan,vb,.net,and java(if d lecturer sabi))
*after spending 4-5 years in school,they will since not be able to do some major stuffs computer science students are suppose to do

My advise
*if you want or you are about to be a computer science student,start learning some new stuffs(programming,networking,web development,visit mit online tutorials site for computer science students...etc)
*if you are already in school,fall in love with computer science..and let the passion grow bigger
*if you are a graduate,visit a IT school or learn by DOING-IT-YOURSELF

I pray to be a great computer science student

http://en.m.wikiversity.org/wiki/Portal:Computer_Science

http://m.youtube.com/results?gl=GB&client=mv-google&hl=en&q=computer+science&submit=Search

www.nairaland.com/1788943/get-complete-web-development-video#24309004
ma nigga! Chop knuckle jhere!
Re: A Thread For Computer Science Students.(Nacossites) by LordRahl001: 1:04pm On Aug 13, 2014
chibwike: some people here..dont know bout to Tower of Hanoi..why nt start by telling us about it..before we start adressing its problem.
i just did in my prev post!! its just an algorithm used mostly with recursions like for factorial, Fibonacci sequence et all

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Computer Science Students.(Nacossites) by fattbabakay(m): 1:06pm On Aug 13, 2014
saasala: Rep my school? Well, me I no go school o. And I bet many a people will go to school to study compurer science and still wont be able to write simple HTML code
den dos are d ones u should call FOOLS ... Wot's ur course ??
Re: A Thread For Computer Science Students.(Nacossites) by DONADAMS(m): 1:06pm On Aug 13, 2014
# ATBU bauchi...doctrina mater artium
Re: A Thread For Computer Science Students.(Nacossites) by fattbabakay(m): 1:07pm On Aug 13, 2014
DankemzI: Nobody Fit enter my SPACE O!cool

If any of my relative sturdy computer Science i'll disown him.... Dat boy across de road wey de photocopy de do many things with him S.S.C.E & laptop a CompSCI student no fit do!
coming from a non-IT , I wouldn't mind...

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Computer Science Students.(Nacossites) by fattbabakay(m): 1:08pm On Aug 13, 2014
dioman: 'll adv all comp sci student to make good use of WEBMASTER Tab - Learn Web Design Live On Narialand. This article gives all a pre knowledge of web design. Goodluck
so to u computer science is all about web designing??
Re: A Thread For Computer Science Students.(Nacossites) by fattbabakay(m): 1:09pm On Aug 13, 2014
mrnigeria:
Ode, computer science is not about computer literacy. It is the knowledge of how a computer works. It is the science behind the operations of a computer. Duh!
tell em
Re: A Thread For Computer Science Students.(Nacossites) by fattbabakay(m): 1:10pm On Aug 13, 2014
Onyiibazz:

Manipulating your way around ms word and being able to browse with mozilla firefox doesnt make you a computer wizard bro!
lmfao!
Re: A Thread For Computer Science Students.(Nacossites) by fattbabakay(m): 1:11pm On Aug 13, 2014
Skybancs: computer/mathematics....Double honor..... National Open university of Nigeria (NOUN)..... the course is very hot in the market now...jobs everywhere......noun student learn in the hard way.....but now i am good in programming, software development, website designing and many more
Retweeted
Re: A Thread For Computer Science Students.(Nacossites) by fattbabakay(m): 1:14pm On Aug 13, 2014
Onyiibazz:

Keep displaying your ignorance, whats the difference between writing programs and coding! Thats by the way
l0l
Re: A Thread For Computer Science Students.(Nacossites) by fattbabakay(m): 1:17pm On Aug 13, 2014
eduxerxes: Studying Computer Science is as useless as the "P" in Psychology. I'm a graduate of Biz Admin majoring in Risk Mgt&Insurance buh I'm a Computer geek!
Congratz...so hw rich re u nw?? U got a job yet?? Niggaz 'll be able to use microsoft powerpoint,do shii with photoshop nd can design a website after crammin a lil HTML den call demselves "computer geek"
Re: A Thread For Computer Science Students.(Nacossites) by WebWealthGuru: 1:17pm On Aug 13, 2014
I have a Superb School Management Platform that I did developed, Check out the features below

THESE ARE THE WHOLE FEATURES

ADMISSION MANAGEMENT, STUDENT INFORMATION MANAGEMENT, STUDENT ATTENDANCE MANAGEMENT, EXAMINATION REPORT MANAGEMENT, EXAMINATION MANAGEMENT, TIMETABLE MANAGEMENT, SCHOOL FEE, FINANCE MANAGEMENT, TRANSPORT MANAGEMENT, LIBRARY MANAGEMENT, HOSTEL MANAGEMENT, HUMAN RESOURCE, BULK SMS, STUDENT BIRTHDAY SMS, STUDENT BATCH TRANSFER, BLOGGING AND FEEDBACK

3 ROLE BASED DASHBOARD

PRINICIPAL PORTAL, STUDENT PORTAL, TEACHER PORTAL

You can send me an email at ceo@webguruschoolmodel.com for details on how you can make money by partnering with me

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Computer Science Students.(Nacossites) by fattbabakay(m): 1:19pm On Aug 13, 2014
ibullem:

Dude a computer literate is NOT the same as computer scientist.

D fact u can use a phone doesn't mean u can make one.

Re: A Thread For Computer Science Students.(Nacossites) by fattbabakay(m): 1:20pm On Aug 13, 2014
GodMode: Most comp. Sci graduates from Nigerian universities don't know how to code...

They deceive themselves by saying "I like networking".
L0L..
Re: A Thread For Computer Science Students.(Nacossites) by fattbabakay(m): 1:21pm On Aug 13, 2014
Gbengem: he hacks into faulty printers A̶̲̥̅̊₪d desktop I guess
l0l...he stole his frnds' 2go passwords and claimed he hacked it! cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Computer Science Students.(Nacossites) by fattbabakay(m): 1:23pm On Aug 13, 2014
LordRahl001: lolz!!!! am sure he has never heard those terms before!!!! folks be forming mighty coz they got free browsing cheats. they dont even knw what the IPAddress is all about!!! seriously pple can be annoying at times!!!!
Re: A Thread For Computer Science Students.(Nacossites) by dabrake(m): 1:23pm On Aug 13, 2014
fattbabakay: ma nigga! Chop knuckle jhere!
You are very funny. Is there any discipline where you are being taught everything? As far as I am concerned, what we learn in schools are requirements/basics/foundations. The rest is left for us to explore, learn, relearn, unlearn and develop. The reason why we are called students is not to go to class, read for exams and pass but to explore beyond the classrooms. Have you heard of SIWES before? Why do you think SIWES was created? Why do people in other disciplines cover professional courses like CIBN, ICAN, PMP, etc? Why weren't they taught in schools?
The moment you limit your knowledge to what your lecturers taught you, you can as well move to History department. [Science] Students of that callibre bathed in salt solution to prevent ebola despite the knowledge of simple chemistry + biology and the availability of google because they prefer hearing things alone instead of employing research methodologies.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Computer Science Students.(Nacossites) by fattbabakay(m): 1:36pm On Aug 13, 2014
dabrake:
You are very funny. Is there any discipline where you are being taught everything? As far as I am concerned, what we learn in schools are requirements/basics/foundations. The rest is left for us to explore, learn, relearn, unlearn and develop. The reason why we are called students is not to go to class, read for exams and pass but to explore beyond the classrooms. Have you heard of SIWES before? Why do you think SIWES was created? Why do people in other disciplines cover professional courses like CIBN, ICAN, PMP, etc? Why weren't they taught in schools?
The moment you limit your knowledge to what your lecturers taught you, you can as well move to History department. [Science] Students of that callibre bathed in salt solution to prevent ebola despite the knowledge of simple chemistry + biology and the availability of google because they prefer hearing things alone instead of employing research methodologies.
Are u sure dis is meant 4 me?? Cos it has no meaning to me o
Re: A Thread For Computer Science Students.(Nacossites) by GodMode: 1:38pm On Aug 13, 2014
dabrake:

In foreign schools, a Bsc Accounting degree is equivalent to ACCA that's why when they graduate the colleges also give them ACCA certification but naija Bsc is Bsc.

My point is... The things you listed are meant to be part of the syllabus in naija colleges. But after spending 4 yrs in Uni. Naija graduates go still dey read for professional exams. That's RUBBISH.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Uniabuja Student Caught Stealing Used Sanitary Pads Of Fellow Female Students Fo / FG Shows Evidence N200bn For ASUU / ABU Zaria Dam: A Nairalander Goes On A Private Excursion (Pictures Included)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.