Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,329 members, 7,822,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

How Much Of A Woman Should A Man See? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How Much Of A Woman Should A Man See? (14233 Views)

The Most Important Characteristics For Which A Woman Should Choose A Suitor…. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Of A Woman Should A Man See? by congoshine(m): 9:06pm On Oct 28, 2008
mybad:

@congoshine
Why not go ahead and tell us what you'll prefer or how much you'll want to see in your woman?

I think above all peace. . . . . . . . . . . .

mybad:

@Nimshi & congoshine
Don't tell me you two are congratulating each other over sharing thesame opinion on this topic.

Hmmmmm . . . . . .

mybad:

@olabowale
I agree that all the quoted Hadith are of the Noble prophet.
I however disagree that all of them can be entirely adhered to.
These are the teachings of the most perfect of Allah's creatures and i wonder who can ever match his ways.

Perfection can be aimed at but i don't think it can be attained by "us".
Besides,i wonder how many of us followed the afore mentioned rules while choosing his bride.
I don't know how you did it in your time but i still stand a good chance of going by the sunnah in my time because i've not taken my bride.

Well said . . . . . .
Re: How Much Of A Woman Should A Man See? by zayhal(f): 12:07pm On Oct 29, 2008
mybad:

@Nimshi & congoshine
Don't tell me you two are congratulating each other over sharing thesame opinion on this topic.

Don't mind both of them. Their trick is old. tongue
Re: How Much Of A Woman Should A Man See? by olabowale(m): 1:32pm On Oct 29, 2008
@Mybad: « #31 on: Yesterday at 08:15:56 PM »

@olabowale
I agree that all the quoted Hadith are of the Noble prophet.
I however disagree that all of them can be entirely adhered to.
These are the teachings of the most perfect of Allah's creatures and i wonder who can ever match his ways.

We should not disagree with any, even though it is "impossible" to actually adhere to all. that actually bring to our human reading and understanding that the Prophet (AS) was in a different class of personality. Yet still human.

Perfection can be aimed at but i don't think it can be attained by "us".
Besides,i wonder how many of us followed the afore mentioned rules while choosing his bride.
I don't know how you did it in your time but i still stand a good chance of going by the sunnah in my time because i've not taken my bride.

I am still pursuing. I let the woman know that I am interested. And ask her if she is interested. When both of us know that we are both interested, and in due times, we will talk about ourselves; the like and the dislikes.

Before we get to the day of marriage ceremony, I would have known all that I need to know about her. And what I want in marriage will be well known before this particular day. Finally, I will not be shy to ask in front of the Mahrem to want to see the "long hair" that she already told me are 2 to 4 feet long. Lol. If not that long, I will not walk away before her, even if she is bald. It will now be my responsibility to encourage her to grow her hair Long enough for the beautifiation of her face, and my excitement.

But actually, as the obedience to the commandment of Allah and the Messenger (AS).
Re: How Much Of A Woman Should A Man See? by congoshine(m): 9:42pm On Oct 29, 2008
zayhal:

Don't mind both of them. Their trick is old. tongue
Re: How Much Of A Woman Should A Man See? by mybad: 1:34am On Nov 01, 2008
olabowale:

@Mybad: « #31 on: Yesterday at 08:15:56 PM »
It will now be my responsibility to encourage her to grow her hair Long enough for the beautifiation of her face, and my excitement.

Real mature talk my brother, JazakumuLlah khairan katheera!

olabowale:

But actually, as the obedience to the commandment of Allah and the Messenger (AS).

This is new to me! wink
Re: How Much Of A Woman Should A Man See? by Cayon(f): 2:50am On Nov 01, 2008
@javalove:

I did it b/c no one was answering her. i knew if I stray off of the topic she'll get a response - and you did answer. wink it works all the time wink cheesy

Peace
Re: How Much Of A Woman Should A Man See? by olabowale(m): 12:22pm On Nov 01, 2008
@mybad:

Quote from: olabowale on October 29, 2008, 01:32 PM

This is new to me!

Women are not supposed to cut their hair, you know. Men can clean shaven their head. I used to do it, until maybe '03. Most people still remember me as "bald headed." Women only ceremoniously snip a little from their hairs to mark the completion of Hajj. While men are to shave the head for the same ocassion.

Hair beautifies the face of most women. I bald headed woman have to have a very interesting face, with wow bone structure to be considered pretty. She can't have that always expected of a woman's soft facial structure.
Re: How Much Of A Woman Should A Man See? by congoshine(m): 9:54pm On Nov 01, 2008
olabowale:

@mybad:
Women are not supposed to cut their hair, you know.

Please which hair,are u referring to? Thanks.
Re: How Much Of A Woman Should A Man See? by Nimshi: 11:43pm On Nov 01, 2008

Why not?

Is this statement absolute?
Re: How Much Of A Woman Should A Man See? by Cayon(f): 3:31am On Nov 02, 2008
congoshine:

grin grin grin grin this forum is funneeee grin grin
Re: How Much Of A Woman Should A Man See? by Nimshi: 8:29am On Nov 02, 2008
You're right; downright funny.

And the question from congoshine is insightful. Awaiting the answer, too.
Re: How Much Of A Woman Should A Man See? by olabowale(m): 5:17pm On Nov 02, 2008
@Congoshine: « #39 on: Yesterday at 09:54:29 PM »

Quote from: olabowale on Yesterday at 12:22:58 PM
@mybad:

The Sunnah of all prophets, including that of the last (AS Jamiah), is that the pubic hairs, including that of the armpit be lean, always. For men, the facial hair, beard is to be lesft alone, in the same sunnah of all the prophets. You do know that all the prophets were men, and none was without beard, right?

Now men do cut the hair on the head. They can shave it, also. If a woman is normal, she will have a full head of hairs. In the rites that mark the end of hajj, the men were shavened. In the case of the woman , she only have a snippet, say a quarter inche yo an inch (measurement is mine to emphasise to you that in this extreme case, only next to nothing is cut from the head).

By the way, if you read my full entry, where you cull up your "shich hairs< Question," I had indicated that it is the that on the head. I think a casual reader will know by the desciptions of man's conditions versus the woman's.

@Cayon (f): « #41 on: Today at 03:31:23 AM »

Quote from: congoshine on Yesterday at 09:54:29 PM

this forum is funneeee

Cayon, you are a woman. Please tell us about what you think makes a normal and most woman face, since women always, for the most part have soft facial structure, unlike the gauntness of men's facial structure , more beautiful: the women who leaves her hair long with lusterness and luxury in it, full of shine or the woman who shaves clean, trying to be a punk or bohemian; you know the Chelsea neighborhood type, behaving as if she belongs to the "drag queen or bowery crowd?"

For my money, which woman do you think exhibit more feminine quality? Hey if you know Harlem, go ask the old timers, the ones who ejoyed the Cotton club and the Apollo glory days; they will tell you. Did you ever see a picture of Leana Horne or Deindridge or any of the "Divas" bold before? Even now, the best of women always want their hair to be long and thick with more sheen, bounce and luster.

Hey, for me I know what I want: Long rope that is as far as the eyes can see; long for days, finding new ways to put it into good use.

I know the little boys will not know the usage of this: This in itself separate the men from the little boys.
Re: How Much Of A Woman Should A Man See? by Cayon(f): 7:05pm On Nov 02, 2008
@Olabowale:

Firstly, let me say that your email put a smile on my face (very well said)- TITUS!!!

A womans hair is her crowning glory

I must admit that I cut my hair once - tried to grow locks (it didn't work).  However, I'll never cut my hair again. And yes, I've heard the stories about Cotton club and Apollo. In fact I've been to the Apolla three times. wink

Peace

olabowale:

@Cayon (f): « #41 on: Today at 03:31:23 AM »
Cayon, you are a woman. Please tell us about what you think makes a normal and most woman face, since women always, for the most part have soft facial structure, unlike the gauntness of men's facial structure , more beautiful: the women who leaves her hair long with lusterness and luxury in it, full of shine or the woman who shaves clean, trying to be a punk or bohemian; you know the Chelsea neighborhood type, behaving as if she belongs to the "drag queen or bowery crowd?"

For my money, which woman do you think exhibit more feminine quality? Hey if you know Harlem, go ask the old timers, the ones who ejoyed the Cotton club and the Apollo glory days; they will tell you. Did you ever see a picture of Leana Horne or Deindridge or any of the "Divas" bold before? Even now, the best of women always want their hair to be long and thick with more sheen, bounce and luster.

Hey, for me I know what I want: Long rope that is as far as the eyes can see; long for days, finding new ways to put it into good use.

I know the little boys will not know the usage of this: This in itself separate the men from the little boys.

Re: How Much Of A Woman Should A Man See? by congoshine(m): 8:48pm On Nov 02, 2008
olabowale:

@Congoshine: « #39 on: Yesterday at 09:54:29 PM »
The Sunnah of all prophets, including that of the last (AS Jamiah), is that the pubic hairs, including that of the armpit be lean, always. For men, the facial hair, beard is to be lesft alone, in the same sunnah of all the prophets. You do know that all the prophets were men, and none was without beard, right?

Thanks for taking time to clarify. Tho' the object of keeping the hair long shouldn't necessary be for 'her feminine quality' as its haram for her to expose her hair.
Re: How Much Of A Woman Should A Man See? by zayhal(f): 5:30pm On Nov 03, 2008
congoshine:

Tho' the object of keeping the hair long shouldn't necessary be for 'her feminine quality' as its haram for her to expose her hair.

But she still needs to keep and maintain 'her feminine quality' for her husband. Since it's not haram to expose the hair indoors, in the presence of her husband children, mahram men and female friends.
Re: How Much Of A Woman Should A Man See? by olabowale(m): 4:30pm On Nov 04, 2008
And even her beauty should be for herself, first for the pleasure of Allah. I like how I feel whenever I have a good haircut, etc. I know how I feel when I dress up, even wearing the right under clothing; and if I put on couture clothing, not because of the price and its uncommonness, but its fit, its right cut and how it drapes on the body. With the right fragrance, your whole attitude is up a notch. As they say the cloth does not make the man, thats when you are wearing a tacky clothing. The proper and right wear complements the wearer as much as the wearer complements it.

A woman must be alluring, suffisticated and always feel on top of the world. She should take a good care of herself, for herself first, then as the eye candy of the husband. Both reason, for the pleasure of Allah, who created man from the best of molds. That and others make the marriage grounded. I love my heart to skip a bit when i think about my bride. I try to make hers feel exactly that, too. I do not want a woman who is not suffisticated. I should not be the one who cares more about looking good and feeling great between her and me.

Just because people are married, that should not kill the romance. I have friend who still refers to his wife as his girlfriend. Thats a way of exitement in the marriage.
Re: How Much Of A Woman Should A Man See? by congoshine(m): 8:40pm On Nov 04, 2008
I understand the feeling . . . . . . .
Re: How Much Of A Woman Should A Man See? by AFEEFA(f): 10:21am On Sep 21, 2009
Oh can we continue, i love this thread.
Re: How Much Of A Woman Should A Man See? by fizzybaba(m): 5:50pm On Sep 23, 2009
AFEEFA:

Oh can we continue, i love this thread.

i share in ur sentiment.

olabowale:

And even her beauty should be for herself, first for the pleasure of Allah. I like how I feel whenever I have a good haircut, etc. I know how I feel when I dress up, even wearing the right under clothing; and if I put on couture clothing, not because of the price and its uncommonness, but its fit, its right cut and how it drapes on the body. With the right fragrance, your whole attitude is up a notch. As they say the cloth does not make the man, thats when you are wearing a tacky clothing. The proper and right wear complements the wearer as much as the wearer complements it.

A woman must be alluring, suffisticated and always feel on top of the world. She should take a good care of herself, for herself first, then as the eye candy of the husband. Both reason, for the pleasure of Allah, who created man from the best of molds. That and others make the marriage grounded. I love my heart to skip a bit when i think about my bride. I try to make hers feel exactly that, too. I do not want a woman who is not suffisticated. I should not be the one who cares more about looking good and feeling great between her and me.

Just because people are married, that should not kill the romance. I have friend who still refers to his wife as his girlfriend. Thats a way of exitement in the marriage.

spot on!

Generally speaking, everyone knows/agree that beauty of the body is not the ultimate but very crucial, hence the cardinal requirement that there must be a point of attraction.hence the prophet instruction 'to look at her again'

i am somewhat reluctant to think that the instruction 'look at her again' is with strict reference to character and other virtues, excluding beauty.

beauty attraction is very crucial and the Prophet recognised it, hence his advise that one should marry a woman who understand/practise islam.for we are all tempted to be overwhelmed by beauty. Naturally, a man's preference for a woman differs.

A woman is only allowed to expose her hands, face before non mahram( plus child,oldman etc).I am not aware of any exception to this express, unambigous quranic injuction. therefore, by way of advise, a bachelor who is deeply concerned abt the physical and physiological make up of a would be bride should liase with a trusted female friend who may well confirm(not describe) if the specification of the brother is in accordance with the sister.

This should however take place before they agree to marry each other.
Re: How Much Of A Woman Should A Man See? by GODSON2009(m): 12:38am On Sep 24, 2009
please enough of excusing female enslavement in the name of religious doctrines,let a woman or females have the freedom of choice if they want to show their hair ,arms e.t.c or not. this doctrine is quite absurd considering the fact that, mecca and medina was a very hot and humid place,why any individual would subject his wives to untold heat and misery in the name of protecting them beats me,besides seeing a woman's hair or arms is not the percursor to adultery, because it is in the heart, like the bible says

you dont have to commit adultery to have sinned,but mere looking at the woman lustfully and thinking unlcean thoughts is adulterous in itself,so the fact that you have your hair and arms covered will not prevent adultery or fornication.

if a woman was fat or slim or curvy,will the hijab cover that too?
if a woman had a heavy rear end or bossom will the hijab hide that?
if a woman looked sexy or beautiful,will the hijab hide it?
so what exactly is it hiding of the woman's honour olabowale grin
Re: How Much Of A Woman Should A Man See? by olabowale(m): 2:34am On Sep 24, 2009
@Goodson2009:
you dont have to commit adultery to have sinned,but mere looking at the woman lustfully and thinking unlcean thoughts is adulterous in itself,so the fact that you have your hair and arms covered will not prevent adultery or fornication.

so what exactly is it hiding of the woman's honour olabowale
And you said above in your post mere looking is enough as it dirty and bad thing, yet you have the way with in all to know all the above? Hypocrite this man Godson2009 is. No?

This dude is a shark instead he parades himself about as a jelly fish!
Re: How Much Of A Woman Should A Man See? by Abuzola(m): 8:39am On Sep 24, 2009
Lol. No mind them. They want to corrupt us
Re: How Much Of A Woman Should A Man See? by fizzybaba(m): 9:57am On Sep 24, 2009
GODSON2009:

please enough of excusing female enslavement in the name of religious doctrines,let a woman or females have the freedom of choice if they want to show their hair ,arms e.t.c or not. this doctrine is quite absurd considering the fact that, mecca and medina was a very hot and humid place,why any individual would subject his wives to untold heat and misery in the name of protecting them beats me,besides seeing a woman's hair or arms is not the percursor to adultery, because it is in the heart, like the bible says

so what exactly is it hiding of the woman's honour olabowale grin

how can you possibly argue with both sides of your mouth.

u correctly argue that mere looking with unclean thoughts is lustful yet u conversely espouse that a woman should be allowed to expose whatever she feels like.does that not defy logic?

well, if u have seen an hijab before(not scarfs that extends to the shoulder), the conceal all that u have asked if they cover.
Re: How Much Of A Woman Should A Man See? by Nezan(m): 2:42pm On Sep 24, 2009
Jesus is the . . way, no one cometh to the Father, except through Him!
Re: How Much Of A Woman Should A Man See? by Abuzola(m): 2:44pm On Sep 24, 2009
If am the one doing this you will say childish and what do i call you now ? Agbaya
Re: How Much Of A Woman Should A Man See? by Nezan(m): 2:56pm On Sep 24, 2009
Jesus is the . . way, no one cometh to the Father, except through Him!
Re: How Much Of A Woman Should A Man See? by AFEEFA(f): 6:55pm On Sep 24, 2009

so what exactly is it hiding of the woman's honour olabowale

@GODSON2009
I'm surprised that am responding to your post Mr man.
I shudder at the mere sight of immoral dressing.
This act has become so rampant in our society today and for you to assume that those of us who adorn the Hijab are being enslaved beats my imagination grossly.

I wonder what the size of a woman has got to do with her Hijab, ever hear of the adage: "cut your coat according to your size?"
Isn't it simple that the hijab will follow suit with the size of the user?
I wonder what you do not understand about flexibility of textile.
If you check to see the label of any tailored clothing, you'll see the size clearly written along with the name of the designer S - small, L - Large M- medium and XL - Extra large.
From the above list you can easily make your pick depending on how lean you've become in your aimless pursuit for glory where there is none or XL if you've grown so fat in your thoughtless and uncaring mindset for the needy.
Come to think of it, can you still wear same jean trousers you were so fond of in your first year in secondary school?

Oga, you don't have a point,I'll willingly give your madam one of my very pretty Hijabs,am sure she'll appreciate it.
She can come have her pick out of many.
Re: How Much Of A Woman Should A Man See? by GODSON2009(m): 8:38pm On Sep 24, 2009
olabowale:

@Goodson2009:And you said above in your post mere looking is enough as it dirty and bad thing, yet you have the way with in all to know all the above? Hypocrite this man Godson2009 is. No?

This dude is a shark instead he parades himself about as a jelly fish!

how will i choose the woman of my choice if i dont look,did you marry your 10 wives by closing your eyes? grin
fizzybaba:

how can you possibly argue with both sides of your mouth.

u correctly argue that mere looking with unclean thoughts is lustful yet u conversely espouse that a woman should be allowed to expose whatever she feels like.does that not defy logic?

well, if u have seen an hijab before(not scarfs that extends to the shoulder), the conceal all that u have asked if they cover.
the point is that covering oneself up to the shoulders is not a detterent to or for a man or woman for that matter to have lustful thoughts towards them so if that is what mohammad was trying to prevent,then it falls flat in the face of any deductive reasoning, that is the reason i catalogued the various parts of a woman's body which is not covered by the hijab, hope you get the logic now grin im sure olabowaLE DOES
Re: How Much Of A Woman Should A Man See? by GODSON2009(m): 8:53pm On Sep 24, 2009
AFEEFA:

@GODSON2009
I'm surprised that am responding to your post Mr man.
I shudder at the mere sight of immoral dressing.
This act has become so rampant in our society today and for you to assume that those of us who adorn the Hijab are being enslaved beats my imagination grossly.

I wonder what the size of a woman has got to do with her Hijab, ever hear of the adage: "cut your coat according to your size?"
Isn't it simple that the hijab will follow suit with the size of the user?
I wonder what you do not understand about flexibility of textile.
If you check to see the label of any tailored clothing, you'll see the size clearly written along with the name of the designer S - small, L - Large M- medium and XL - Extra large.
From the above list you can easily make your pick depending on how lean you've become in your aimless pursuit for glory where there is none or XL if you've grown so fat in your thoughtless and uncaring mindset for the needy.
Come to think of it, can you still wear same jean trousers you were so fond of in your first year in secondary school?

Oga, you don't have a point,I'll willingly give your madam one of my very pretty Hijabs,am sure she'll appreciate it.
She can come have her pick out of many.
grin grin grin@the bolded, dont worry i am perfectly normal,unlike olabowale,abuzola uplawal the mujahideens looking for whom to blow up,

i and my religion shudder at immoral dressing as well but there are two points for you to consider

1.does your manner of dressing corespond to your behaviour or depht of religious belief?

2.does the wearing of hijab totally eradicate lustful thoughts towards a lady?the answer is no, so why are you deceiving yourselves that the hijab will not make a woman commit fornication, do you honestly believe in your heart that if angelina jolie puts on a hijab or any of the models they wont be attractive to men who like such people?
the point of my preamble is that putting on an hijab has nothing to do with one's religious beliefs or one's moral probity, all the hijab is doing is reinforcing the female enslavement and the gender unequality in islam, the hijab does not stand alone in the whole pattern of female enslavement in islam,

1.the women dont only wear the hijab,they have to be hidden away in a corner of the house,they also have to be behind the men while praying,they cant sit together both in public and private e.t.c
now add all that to the hijab and tell me if that is not enslavement, why are your islamic men not putting on an hijab?

check what i meant from my reply to olabowale and fizzybaba,

thanks for the offer but no,my madam only covers her hair in church like the bible enjoins but she doesnt hide herself away,
i prefer her being by my side not licking the dust behind me or smelling my bum or fart,we christians dont believe women are slaves,we believe they are indispensable and our partner and helpers grin

i think you should try not using the hijab for a couple of weeks,and see how reliefed you ll be
Re: How Much Of A Woman Should A Man See? by AFEEFA(f): 9:17am On Sep 25, 2009
i think you should try not using the hijab for a couple of weeks,and see how reliefed you ll be
@GODSON2009

The reason i say my KALIMAT SHAHADAH timelessly is to re-affirm my faith in the religion of peace and continue in the ways and teachings of the noble prophet Mohammed (SAW).
You will never see me without the Hijab,that shall never happen.
I however pray that you will one day give up the banner of deceit and baseless argument but join in the crusade for 'hikmat' that you were created for.
I leave you to ponder on this and on that note, i say Sallam alaiykum.
Re: How Much Of A Woman Should A Man See? by fizzybaba(m): 9:48am On Sep 25, 2009
the point is that covering oneself up to the shoulders is not a detterent to or for a man or woman for that matter to have lustful thoughts towards them so if that is what mohammad was trying to prevent,then it falls flat in the face of any deductive reasoning, that is the reason i catalogued the various parts of a woman's body which is not covered by the hijab, hope you get the logic now im sure olabowaLE DOES

u seem to have issues with comprehension

the hijab covers every parts of the body except for the face and hands.the hijab is not a scarf.its a long veil that covers a lady from head to toe.non fitting apparel with opening for the face and the hands alone.

could people possibly lust over hands and face? well perhaps.certainly not the way they would lust over a lady dressed in a top(blouse) that is miles away from her tight jeans trouser that struggles effortlessy to cover her butt but fails to.u seem them all around, dnt you?

here is my question.given the definition of hijab, have u ever lust after an hijab sister? i guess not.it takes a real pervert to lust after one dressed in such outfit coz there are no exposures nor curves on display.

here is my conclusion.that some people may still lust after a woman dressed in hijab does not mean the hijab should not be used.its a command from the Almighty.

here is an analogy. i have some xtian friends who dont go to church and i ask them why.the unconvincingly argue that there are people who go to church yet do not have the best of xters.does that make sense? should that preclude them from going to church?
Re: How Much Of A Woman Should A Man See? by Nezan(m): 10:06am On Sep 25, 2009
Let the muslim women continue wearing they hijab.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Drawing A Picture Of The Prophet, Sallallaahu Alayhi Wa Sallam / Ramadan: Sultan Asks Muslims To Report Moon Sighting, Releases Phone Contacts / Some Beliefs About Death In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.