Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,223 members, 7,953,839 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:39 AM

How Much Of A Woman Should A Man See? - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How Much Of A Woman Should A Man See? (14393 Views)

The Most Important Characteristics For Which A Woman Should Choose A Suitor…. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Of A Woman Should A Man See? by fizzybaba(m): 11:14am On Sep 25, 2009
Nezan:

Let the muslim women continue wearing they hijab.

BE4 NKO?
Re: How Much Of A Woman Should A Man See? by GODSON2009(m): 4:21pm On Sep 25, 2009
AFEEFA:

@GODSON2009

The reason i say my KALIMAT SHAHADAH timelessly is to re-affirm my faith in the religion of peace and continue in the ways and teachings of the noble prophet Mohammed (SAW).
You will never see me without the Hijab,that shall never happen.
I however pray that you will one day give up the banner of deceit and baseless argument but join in the crusade for 'hikmat' that you were created for.
I leave you to ponder on this and on that note, i say Sallam alaiykum.
well good for you,but we both know that you can say 1000 kalimat shahadah and still commit sin the very next minute, suicide bombers shout allah akbar before killing or blowing people up,does it mean that they are justified?i will even say the same thing of a christian,the fact that i recite the lord's prayers or tell everyone GOD bless you does not mean that im not a sinner.

well,its just a friendly advice so that you islamic women can be librated from the shackles of religious gender inequality, at the rate muslims are converting to islam,and the rate pentecostal churches especially my church redeemed are springing up all over,dont be suprised you see yourself going to church one day grin

deceit??like we christians say, i disagree with you my sister, islam is full of deceit not christianity, and no the arguments are not baseless,they contain a whole lot of merits.
i posed a set of questions to olabowale,abuzola and co which they have not been able to answer creditably,seeing as you are a pious and faithful islamic woman can you help me out? grin

1.i have read the quran (abdullah yusuf ali's translation)and several hadiths and i have noticed several contradictions by your prophets,including nullifications,abrogations e.t.c the question is this

why is there so many contradictions and abrogations in your quran especially from the mouth of your prophet?
a.did allah mix the prophecies up for mohammad or was it mohammad that mixed the prophecies up?
b.is your allah a god of reversal and contradictions or was the mistake from mohammad?
c.how can a supposed last and greatest prophet make mistakes and severally contradict himself several times?
d.why is it that anytime mohammad wanted to have his own way,or wanted to indulg in some selfish desires,some convenient prophecies come out from allah?

if you want the relevant verses of the quran and hadiths to prove the above allegations,i am ready to oblige you,ask abuzola and olabowale grin

the second part of my question goes thus,

being a good and faithful muslim woman,could you answer these few questions for me
1.why did mohammad disinherit his ten widows commanding them not to re-marry after his death?
2.we know the reward of a faithful muslim man is 72 virgins in paradise,what is the reward of a faithful islamic woman?(pls dont quote the generic verse of same thing for me )
3.i am in trigued with a particular part of the quran,where mohammad was saying something about having fresh young men in paradise, was this directed at you women or men or both?
4.do you agree or would you allow a man to get married to your 9 years old daughter?
thanks and will be awaiting your prompt response

allaikum waH SALLAM
Re: How Much Of A Woman Should A Man See? by holythug(m): 4:29pm On Sep 25, 2009
as a Muslim all u need to say here is Rabi sidni illimo. . .then against them seek refuge from Shaytan
Re: How Much Of A Woman Should A Man See? by GODSON2009(m): 4:31pm On Sep 25, 2009
fizzybaba:

the point is that covering oneself up to the shoulders is not a detterent to or for a man or woman for that matter to have lustful thoughts towards them so if that is what mohammad was trying to prevent,then it falls flat in the face of any deductive reasoning, that is the reason i catalogued the various parts of a woman's body which is not covered by the hijab, hope you get the logic now im sure olabowaLE DOES

u seem to have issues with comprehension

the hijab covers every parts of the body except for the face and hands.the hijab is not a scarf.its a long veil that covers a lady from head to toe.non fitting apparel with opening for the face and the hands alone.

could people possibly lust over hands and face? well perhaps.certainly not the way they would lust over a lady dressed in a top(blouse) that is miles away from her tight jeans trouser that struggles effortlessy to cover her butt but fails to.u seem them all around, dnt you?

here is my question.given the definition of hijab, have u ever lust after an hijab sister? i guess not.it takes a real pervert to lust after one dressed in such outfit coz there are no exposures nor curves on display.

here is my conclusion.that some people may still lust after a woman dressed in hijab does not mean the hijab should not be used.its a command from the Almighty.

here is an analogy. i have some xtian friends who dont go to church and i ask them why.the unconvincingly argue that there are people who go to church yet do not have the best of xters.does that make sense? should that preclude them from going to church?

dont worry sire,i comprehendo reall good grin
the point of my comment is simply that,if the hijab is to guard against adultery and fornication,i am simply saying it will not do much good for the reasons i stated as its loopholes.
to me,like i stated in my comments it is better and more productive for a religion to work on the hearts and minds of its adherents,rather than outward adornments,simply because not looking or not seeing everything doesnt prevent a man lusting after a woman,
you dont have to be a pervert to notice someone with an hijab is either ugly or beautiful.
the hijab might cover cleavages but it wont cover curves or a rear exterior e.t.c
here is my own analogy,
if you have a car alarm fitted to 10,000 vehicles would you continue selling the alarms if it has only worked in 200 of the 10,000 vehicles or concentrate on where you might secure the car more to prevent them being robbed?

on the other branch of my argument is the assertion that the hijab,doesnt stand alone,but part of an ingrained pattern of gender inequality and religious female enslavement masked up as religious doctrine, the hijab,women sitting behind the men both outside and indoors,the women hidden behind closed doors in the presence of visitors,not being allowed to lead a mosque e.t.c is all that because of adultery and fornications as well?

if it is,then i suggest the women get delivered because that will seem to me that 99% of all muslim women are prone to adultery
Re: How Much Of A Woman Should A Man See? by fizzybaba(m): 5:32pm On Sep 25, 2009
on the other branch of my argument is the assertion that the hijab,doesnt stand alone,but part of an ingrained pattern of gender inequality and religious female enslavement masked up as religious doctrine, the hijab,women sitting behind the men both outside and indoors,the women hidden behind closed doors in the presence of visitors,not being allowed to lead a mosque

Interesting! u just revelaed your destination.i dont see it as a branch.

wanna know why? non muslim have always raised the deluded perception of women enslavement in islam as an issue

and its getting intriuging the more. but unfortunately, am exhausted of orientating non muslim(xtians) who have had raised the issue in the past.

here is my suggestion. if u thought the women are enslaved, why not find time out to have a chat with an hijab sister and have a discussion about her relationship with islam.how it has impacted on her? how it has elevated her, given her a meaning to life beyound exposing a woman's boobs in an automobile advert etc

and u will see her radiantly,gallantly,proudly,happily,sincerely,ecstactically 'reveal' to you, her joy in the practise of islam. If and as you will find her happy, i make bold to ask why you should use panadol for someone else's headache.its not worth it cos it wont work.

If u ever find someone who is not happy being a muslim woman, i task you to make efforts to convert her to xtianity.
Re: How Much Of A Woman Should A Man See? by Abuzola(m): 5:37pm On Sep 25, 2009
@godson- why not open a thread and ask this questions instead of crooking the thread
Re: How Much Of A Woman Should A Man See? by GODSON2009(m): 6:41pm On Sep 25, 2009
fizzybaba:

on the other branch of my argument is the assertion that the hijab,doesnt stand alone,but part of an ingrained pattern of gender inequality and religious female enslavement masked up as religious doctrine, the hijab,women sitting behind the men both outside and indoors,the women hidden behind closed doors in the presence of visitors,not being allowed to lead a mosque

Interesting! u just revelaed your destination.i dont see it as a branch.

wanna know why? non muslim have always raised the deluded perception of women enslavement in islam as an issue

and its getting intriuging the more. but unfortunately, am exhausted of orientating non muslim(xtians) who have had raised the issue in the past.

here is my suggestion. if u thought the women are enslaved, why not find time out to have a chat with an hijab sister and have a discussion about her relationship with islam.how it has impacted on her? how it has elevated her, given her a meaning to life beyound exposing a woman's boobs in an automobile advert etc

and u will see her radiantly,gallantly,proudly,happily,sincerely,ecstactically 'reveal' to you, her joy in the practise of islam. If and as you will find her happy, i make bold to ask why you should use panadol for someone else's headache.its not worth it cos it wont work.

If u ever find someone who is not happy being a muslim woman, i task you to make efforts to convert her to xtianity.
you are totally right,but i totally agree with you that i will not find a woman bold enough to assert herself in islam,unless she wants some strokes of the whip or she wants a fatwah proclaimed upon her,
a pattern of systematic subversion since the advent of islam in 55 something if i am right,and sucessive doctrines have suceeded in holding them down to a point where they have no voice in your religion.

what you are suggesting is like a wicked father telling a visitor to ask any of his children if he doesnt treat them kindly, what do you expect all the chil;dren to say?especially as they are looking at their horsewhip in a corner grin
Abuzola:

@godson- why not open a thread and ask this questions instead of crooking the thread
why,are you threatened in any way shape or form?lol
ill open the thread if you swear by the kopran that you ll address my concerns there and you wont run grin
Re: How Much Of A Woman Should A Man See? by pmc01(m): 10:16pm On Feb 20, 2013
All praise is indeed due to Allah (SWT). All body parts of a woman is naked, according to the sharia (Islamic Jurisprudence).The Hijab should therefore cover up her body wholly and shouldn't reveal her shapes and curves at all. It shouldn't give any hint as to how her body looks like.
The Hijab also entails being bashful in her conduct and interaction with people of the opposite sex, as well as striving to be of the best character possible at all times.
If you question why our women should be all wrapped up, then we need to question why you wrap up your money so much in the name of protecting it from being tampered with...
Did you just say it's because your money is very precious to you? Oh! I see. Let me proudly tell you that our Muslim women are much more precious to us than your money is to you.
They are our jewels of inestimable value... Valuable more than the rarest diamonds. May Allah bless and reward them aplenty in this world and the Hereafter for their perseverance, humility, dedication, commitment, diligence, forthrightness and faithfulness in obeying their Creator's injunction.
Please, read Qur'an 33, suratul Ahzab extensively for better comprehension.
And Allah knows all!

1 Like

Re: How Much Of A Woman Should A Man See? by BetaThings: 3:16am On Feb 22, 2013
GODSON2009:
you are totally right,but i totally agree with you that i will not find a woman bold enough to assert herself in islam,unless she wants some strokes of the whip or she wants a fatwah proclaimed upon her,
a pattern of systematic subversion since the advent of islam in 55 something if i am right,and sucessive doctrines have suceeded in holding them down to a point where they have no voice in your religion.

what you are suggesting is like a wicked father telling a visitor to ask any of his children if he doesnt treat them kindly, what do you expect all the chil;dren to say?especially as they are looking at their horsewhip in a corner grin

why,are you threatened in any way shape or form?lol
ill open the thread if you swear by the kopran that you ll address my concerns there and you wont run grin

So the conclusion
Christian girls are bold and assertive; Muslim girls are not. Even though statistics from schools and offices (where female muslims and christians interact) say otherwise.
A stranger loves my sister more than me. He is concerned that I am enslaving her while I don't care
Yes, horsewhips follow them all around even if they are on campus, they cannot say anything because somehow dad (as a fly on the wall) will know

Christians are just busybodies. They are not satisfied with their religion and must strive to make Muslims feel the same way
Today - "we are converting Muslims." So what about the fatwa and the horsewhips
Tomorrow - "No Muslim girl dares talk about her what she feels"
But the all-knowing Christians know what they feel even if the hijab-wearing girls are studying abroad while their parents are in Nigeria
Anyway, you are free to open a thread on your interest
This thread is about something else

Life would be a lot better of non-muslims minded their business

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Inno Mu’azu Is Dead - "Hajj Pilgrim" / 10 Things You Should Not Do This Friday If You Are A Muslim / How To Protect Your Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.