Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,110 members, 7,825,504 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Ebola: A Case Of Nigeria Image Assasination - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebola: A Case Of Nigeria Image Assasination (519 Views)

$20bn Oil Money: Editor Who Gave Clues Flees Nigeria After Assasination Attempt / I'm Not Corrupt, I Pleaded Guilty To Save Nigeria's Image – Ibori / Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebola: A Case Of Nigeria Image Assasination by jdilight(m): 3:52pm On Aug 13, 2014
A few minutes ago, I went to welcome back two of our clients whom we assisted in securing visa to china. Contrary to my expectation of them wanting to spend a few days in Lagos before traveling back to the East (Aba), they were bent on leaving Lagos for Aba immediately. On inquiry about the hast in returning home, I was told that news from CHINA, EUROPE and AMERICA news houses is that all Nigerians are carriers of the deadly EBOLA disease if there is still anyone alive in Nigeria and that Lagos is the worst hit.

I was so angry at the way the western world are trying had to destroy the image of Nigeria at any possible opportunity. Mine anger soon gave way to pity when these young men told me that the NIGERIAN TELEVISION AUTHORITY (NTA) is awashed with the news of the federal government releasing billions of Naira to combat the deadly virus. The aftermath of these news is that Nigerians abroad are afraid to return home. These men sighted examples of their friends who prefer going to south Africa than return home to die with Ebola virus.

The question tugging mine mind is, "if our enemies are bent on killing us, should we aid them with our own hands?". It is time we begin to project a positive image of this country anywhere we see ourselves: be it social media or not. The destiny of this great nation lies in your hands. As Detol will say, "if we don't project a good image of our country to the outside world, who will?".
Re: Ebola: A Case Of Nigeria Image Assasination by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 13, 2014
Let's talk about something else...
Re: Ebola: A Case Of Nigeria Image Assasination by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 13, 2014
leave that issue. the Western oligarchs who know the wonders of benefits of a Nigerian investment do not want it to be an all comers affair to other westerners.
Re: Ebola: A Case Of Nigeria Image Assasination by jdilight(m): 4:32pm On Aug 13, 2014
But why should our news houses aid them in destroying the country?

(1) (Reply)

UN Rehabilitates Escaped Chibok Schoolgirls / Why Jonathan’s ‘rest’ Is Dangerous For Us All / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.