Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,059 members, 7,818,173 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Woman Commits Suicide because Of Death Husband - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Commits Suicide because Of Death Husband (917 Views)

Mum Runs Mad Over News Of Death Of Baby She Waited Seven Years To Have / Woman Commits Suicide For Not Finding A Husband At 30 - Punch Newspaper / Girl Commits Suicide Over Mother's Comments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Commits Suicide because Of Death Husband by smile4kenn(m): 4:59pm On Oct 20, 2008
Residents of 2, Olarokun Street, Orile-Agege, Lagos, were, this morning, thrown into mourning as they woke up to find one of their neighbours dead. She hanged herself.

The woman, Mrs. Alabi Mulikat, 48, an indigene of Ibadan, was the proprietress of Divine Glory Nursery and Primary School, located along Ota Road. She allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself with a wire, which neighbours think she must have cut from an electric iron.

According to sources, the late Mulikat had lost her husband about two months ago and this may have contributed to her losing hope of being able to cope with life and she decided to kill herself. Adebowale Teslim, her son, said: “My mother divorced my father and remarried, but her second husband died two months ago and this made her develop high blood pressure.”

Iya Oodua Olatoyinbo Fatimah, a close family friend, claimed that the late proprietress had been complaining of stomach problems for the past two weeks, adding that the late woman lived alone. The first son, Adebowale, is married and lives with his wife and children in Okooba area of Agege.

Speaking with P.M.News at the scene of the incident this morning, Adebowale said: “My mother told me she wanted to take tea and bread and I bought them for her. Before I left, she told me she would take the food, only for me to hear of her death this morning.”

He told P.M.News that his mother was full of life when they were together yesterday, and this was confirmed by neighbours who claimed she even preached about the Christian faith yesterday morning.

A source who refused to disclose his name said he had to force the door to the woman’s room open this morning, when she would not open the door after neighbours had knocked several times. The source said the late woman prayed for him every morning.

“So I went again today to get her blessings before I would go to work. When she would not open the door, the neighbours asked me to force it open and we found her already dead,” he told our reporters.

Though the traditional ruler of the area could not be located, his son, Prince Fagbeyi, said he saw the woman yesterday and she looked frail but she was still bubbling with life at 8.30 p.m. Fagbeyi, however, stressed that the death of the woman is one death too many in the area. Just last week, a mechanic committed suicide around that area, he disclosed. The prince said his father, the traditional ruler of the area, must do something about such occurrences.

http://thepmnews.com/2008/10/20/school-owner-commits-suicide
Re: Woman Commits Suicide because Of Death Husband by ifyalways(f): 6:19pm On Oct 20, 2008
hmmmn undecided
She had a school that cud fend for her and some of her kids are already married,what cud have led her to this undecided
love
Re: Woman Commits Suicide because Of Death Husband by Shaz(f): 6:26pm On Oct 20, 2008
WOw. .

ifyalways:

hmmmn undecided
She had a school that cud fend for her and some of her kids are already married,what cud have led her to this undecided
love

Meself, I wonder. . probably stress.
Re: Woman Commits Suicide because Of Death Husband by affee(f): 8:35pm On Oct 20, 2008
the second suicide in that same area? shocked

I smell a serial killer on the prowl oh I forgot they dont exist in 9ja grin
Re: Woman Commits Suicide because Of Death Husband by plappville(f): 9:48am On Oct 23, 2008
And she happens to be a christian with what i read, she should have known that comitting suicide is a sin, it is strange though. shocked
Re: Woman Commits Suicide because Of Death Husband by BabyJinx: 11:32am On Oct 23, 2008
Clear case of insanity.
Re: Woman Commits Suicide because Of Death Husband by Angolobabe(f): 2:45pm On Oct 23, 2008
na wao for her o,her kids are all grown up and married ,she even own a school that she can use to fend for herself.i know she must have felt empty after loosing her husband but sucide is definately not the best idea. sad

(1) (Reply)

How Can You Know If She Is In Love With You? / To All Husbands Out There: The Good Lord Has Answered Your Prayers :d / A Company That Can Deliver Foodstuffs And Gifthampers To My Home.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.