Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,894 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:46 PM

5 Ways To Change Your IP Address And Browse Securely & Anonymously. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / 5 Ways To Change Your IP Address And Browse Securely & Anonymously. (7210 Views)

How To Change Your Ip Address Using Mozilla Firefox Browser / How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet / Surf The Web Anonymously! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Ways To Change Your IP Address And Browse Securely & Anonymously. by KidProgrammer(m): 10:59am On Aug 14, 2014
Before you can enjoy the internet and browse safely, internet security is the very first thing you must think of. Securely surfing the internet gives you total freedom as you want but unknown to many, each time you connect your computer to the internet, every bit of your information is exposed and may be compromised Starting with your IP then to your browsing location, browser, devices, page you visited, your personal data can be accessed even without you knowing it.
Besides, browsing securely give you access to many restricted websites. Maybe your local IP has been restricted or your country is being restricted and you don’t have access to certain sites, securely and anonymous browsing gives you access to such restricted websites.
And to my fellow bloggers and webmasters, secure browsing ensures your data and your information are well secured, encrypted and not accessible to intruders. It will protect your personal data, your login details. This reduces the chance of your site getting hacked to a great extent.

How do I browse Securely??
The very best way to browse securely and anonymously without anyone tracking you, without being restricted from restricted sites is to change your IP address, you might be wondering why IP changing has got anything to do with internet security. Well, your IP address is the major lead that can give others access to your online privacy and one of the very best method to prevent your IP being known is to change it with one of these steps I’m going to share with you.

1. Virtual Private Network.

Abbreviated as VPN, Virtual Private Networks are are premium tools that change your IP address automatically as soon as you set it up on your computer. Not all these VPN programs are free, to use most of them you must subscribe to the service with a little amount. For better performance with a VPN provider, a paid service is worth it. I have been using VPN for more than 2 years now and it has been helping a lot Here are the list of VPN you might consider using: PDProxy, HMAProxy, YourFreedom, Sandwich, etc.

2. Manually Change your IP.
To be able to browse securely and anonymously, like I suggested you must get your real IP address changed. to search for IP addresses for a specific location go to hidemyass.com ,there are lots of sites where you can look for proxies but I always use hidemyass.com. Now I will briefly show you how to change your IP address manually. On Firefox, click on Tools > Options > click on Network tab > Settings > click on manual Proxy Configuration > enter your Proxy and Port in the space provided and click OK
Note: The above steps on how to change IP was taken using Mozilla Firefox, however other browsers too have similar steps but you can check this post for full detailson that.

3. Web Proxy.
There are many sites online in which changing of IP to an anonymous location is their main service or among their services. You can use this free proxy to surf anonymously online, secure your internet connection, hide your internet history, protect your online identity and more importantly, hide your IP address. I’m not giving 100% assurance in using online proxy sites to access restricted site and to change IP as sometimes those free web proxy are usually messed up and don’t give desired results. Here are short list of aeb proxies I have used so far: hidemysass.com, armyproxy.com.

4. Free Proxy Software.

Just like VPN programs, there are also free proxy software you can use to browse securely and anonymously and to hide your identity online. After you have successfully installed one on your computer,connect normally to internet, and connect your free proxy software to change your ip and browse anonymously and securely. You may need to manually change your browser settings before you can get these programs to work though. Here are the lists of Free Proxy I can recommend: Vidalia Tor, Hotspot Shield, Ultrasurf,and lots more.

5. Browser Addons or Extensions.

Internet usage is getting a lot easier and better! Browsers add-ons and extension can also be used to change your IP address. There are lots of Mozilla and Google Chrome Add-ons & extension to change your IP address, this is a very easy task to do, you just need to install the add-ons or extension on your browser to get your IP address changed. Examples are Anonymox for Mozilla and Hidemyass for Chrome.
Re: 5 Ways To Change Your IP Address And Browse Securely & Anonymously. by econome(m): 11:37am On Aug 14, 2014
Hide My A̶s̶s̶ Computer
Re: 5 Ways To Change Your IP Address And Browse Securely & Anonymously. by ITbomb(m): 11:46am On Aug 14, 2014
Tor has been very useful for me for a long time.
Re: 5 Ways To Change Your IP Address And Browse Securely & Anonymously. by minmini: 5:59am On Nov 07, 2014
Nice information. Using this method i had changed my ip address. And i checked my ip address using this site IP-Details.com

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Change Your IP Address And Browse Securely & Anonymously. by gface(m): 1:15pm On Nov 11, 2014
Register your .com.ng, .gov.ng, .org.ng, .sch.ng, edu.ng, name.ng domain names for just 2500/yr. ALSO register .ng domain @15k/yr. Hosting services is also available for as low as as 5,000/yr. For more info call +234 818 656 8848 or send mail to sales@ihost.ng
----------The future, redefined
Re: 5 Ways To Change Your IP Address And Browse Securely & Anonymously. by Raymondluv(m): 7:27am On Jun 12, 2016
minmini:

Nice information. Using this method i had changed my ip address. And i checked my ip address using this site IP-Details.com
Which site can i use to change my ip address or application
Re: 5 Ways To Change Your IP Address And Browse Securely & Anonymously. by LondonTruman: 3:22pm On Mar 14, 2020
A lot of my colleagues were literally talking about this article and I just had to find out what it really was. I went ahead and found out it was mainly about WayToChanges. I personally find It very interesting and I bet you guys will like it too.

(1) (Reply)

What Is Sis File Extension And How Can I Open It? / I Am Hacking All Poor Nigerian Database: So They Can Improve. / GLOBAL SIM CARD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.