Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,461 members, 7,819,679 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan. (29540 Views)

Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan. by Firefire(m): 10:33pm On Aug 14, 2014
jmaine:

Only a stark M.oron will believe the hypocrite Fashola totally . . . . .

SIX BILLIONS LIKES

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan. by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 14, 2014
jmaine:

Only a stark M.oron will believe the hypocrite Fashola totally . . . . .

Your view.
I'm not an apc fan but wisdom teaches that you don't talk everytime just because someone said what you don't like.

learn and be wiser.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan. by Longeria(m): 10:34pm On Aug 14, 2014
MORNDEW:

Gej till 2029.
I love this part.
Re: Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan. by drauj(m): 10:35pm On Aug 14, 2014
Bitter pills to swallow for the clueless and his butt-lickers
Re: Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan. by jmaine: 10:36pm On Aug 14, 2014
sunnyshayne:

Your view.
I'm not an apc fan but wisdom teaches that you don't talk everytime just because someone said what you don't like.

learn and be wiser.

All manner of deliberate propaganda of lies and mischief has to be rebuked swiftly . . . . The elections are here. . . . .

That is wisdom with the prevailing times . . . .

1 Like

Re: Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan. by millionboi(m): 10:37pm On Aug 14, 2014
No go vote for anybody.....al of una na tifvs
Re: Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan. by abu12: 10:42pm On Aug 14, 2014
Why would somebody still come to defend this kind of accusation

Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, SAN,
on Thursday faulted President Goodluck Jonathan, for
inviting parents of abducted Chibok schoolgirls to the
Presidential Villa for the purpose of sympathising
with them.He described the development as lack of
empathy, saying Jonathan’s leadership style “has re-
defined empathy by inviting the bereaved parents to
the presidential villa for commiseration.”Fashola
stated this in Abuja while delivering a lecture on ‘The
challenge of Democratic Governance’ as part of
activities to mark the 50th birthday celebration of a
former Governor of Bayelsa State, Chief Timipre
Sylva. He insisted that Jonathan’s attitude was “

Truly
strange and Truly unAfrican”He asked, “How does
this sound? ‘

Hello neighbour, I heard you lost your
child to abductors. Please come and see me at home
so I can sympathise with you’.“This is my
paraphrasing of what has so far transpired.

As if this
was not bad enough, the event had been followed by
another round of lies about whether or not they tried
to give money to the bereaved parents.

For me, it’s a
low point for leadership, it suggests lack of
empathy.”According to him,
“The first lie when the
news of the abduction broke was that all the
abducted girls had been retrieved.

When that was
exposed, the next lie was to raise doubts whether
they were truly missing.

“When that was not enough,
they are now telling us that they know where the
children are.

We are prayerfully waiting that they will
bring the children home.”

Fashola, who had earlier canvassed for the active
involvement of the elite in politics in order to provide
necessary professional skill to drive the nation’s
development, said, “Until recently, we all used to
think that our national development was inhibited by
the fact that we never had a university graduate as
leader of any national government in an executive
capacity.“This perhaps alludes only faintly to the
issue of the elite consensus, but it is not the same.

Thankfully, the myth of graduate leadership as
desirable as it is, has been exploded now.“We have
two graduates (one zoologist and an architect) and I
think the majority of Nigerians will tell you today that
their lives are worse off than they were four years
ago.“So there is more to leadership than a university
degree and educational qualification.

There is
character, vision, courage, empathy, compassion and
many more attributes that you simply will not find in
a classroom or school. They are in homes, in
communities and also in the value system of
society.”Fashola therefore encouraged politicians to
make politics interesting and worth being
participated in by the professional elite.He said,

“Distinguished ladies and gentlemen, it is still
regrettable that the majority of the members of our
political parties and politicians do not yet include the
critical elite of our society.“Whether we like it or not,
history has shown that the elite of any society,
especially its professional cadre, and the very best of
them decide the direction of the nation when they
come to a consensus about the pathway for their
nation, even if they belong to different political
parties.Where are all the people who have built
things with their hands in our society?

Where are the
founders of the big banks, businesses, telecoms in
our body politic?

Are they just content to finance and
yet remain unwilling to take the plunge?

“Are they
willing to identify with the ruling party in Abuja, and
the party in Government in their states when they
get to their bases for fear of reprisals?” he asked.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan. by Nobody: 10:43pm On Aug 14, 2014
jmaine:

All manner of deliberate propaganda of lies and mischief has to be rebuked swiftly . . . . The elections are here. . . . .

I'm a strong GEJITE but certain things must be ignored.
Re: Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan. by manfred10(m): 10:48pm On Aug 14, 2014
kendrick93: i dnt tink jona should worry abt fashola.. fashola is just lookin for cheap attension anyway. his just a puppet for his master Tinubu.. if i were jonathan all dis men would hav been in jail by now

So GEJ. no supposed dey prison?
Re: Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan. by aresa: 10:54pm On Aug 14, 2014
Longeria: You must be stupidt to credit the fight against Ebola to Fashola. Who declared state of emergency against Ebola? Fashola abi? Mumu.

Declaring state of emergency = Fighting against Ebola?

Very unsound and unintelligent...

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan. by Kpimp: 11:13pm On Aug 14, 2014
Some people dem talk say mk dem no abuse gej.mk una answer dis questions.
1.Wetin happen to fuel subsidy money wey dem won use for infastructural development.fuel price wey dem promise say e go reduce after some month ko.
2.Y dem neva rescue chibok girls
3.Doctors on strike
4.Promise soso megawatt
5.Asup strike nd ASUU long strike
6 .Y Boko boys get power pass gej

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan. by Nobody: 11:14pm On Aug 14, 2014
It is high time government got arrested these APC bastards who keep denigrating the office of the president
Re: Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan. by manutdadex(m): 11:23pm On Aug 14, 2014
Apc, Pdp, NNpc which one again? I dont care abt all dis, u ve all become fanatics of these wicked humans.. All i care abt is a beta tomorow for my children of which for once Nigeria is movin at a favourable sequence, agriculture,automobile ind is pickin up, massive infstrt devpmnt in states and federal level,yut empowrmnt n d security chalenges will make us stronger in dat aspect because without dis chalenges we will never knw dat our armd men were under equiped..all i see around me is hope for dis great Nation Nigeria! God bles Nigeria! In conclusion we shud respect whoeva is our president because there is a reason he made it dis far and there are reasons y u and mr so so is are nt there! And u guys keep cursing him and u expect him to do good dat will favour u? Those ur curses are working against us as a nation! God bless Nigeria and God bless our president.jst imagine prayers of 150 million Nigerians channeld towards d head y wont d oda part of d body b at peace?

1 Like

Re: Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan. by ideycraze: 11:38pm On Aug 14, 2014
datbay: Honestly,am disappointed in fashola,it seems Jonathan is becoming too lenient. These APC governors have no respect for the president.
Disappointed? For saying the truth?
Read part of what Fashola said:

Fashola insisted that Jonathan’s attitude was
“Truly strange and Truly
unAfrican”He asked, “How does this
sound? ‘Hello neighbour, I heard
you lost your child to abductors.
Please come and see me at home so
I can sympathise with you’.“This is
my paraphrasing of what has so far
transpired. As if this was not bad
enough, the event had been
followed by another round of lies
about whether or not they tried to
give money to the bereaved parents.
For me, it’s a low point for
leadership, it suggests lack of
empathy.”According to him, “The
first lie when the news of the
abduction broke was that all the
abducted girls had been retrieved.
When that was exposed, the next lie
was to raise doubts whether they
were truly missing. “When that was
not enough, they are now telling us
that they know where the children
are. We are prayerfully waiting that
they will bring the children home.”

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan. by Pancho01(m): 12:06am On Aug 15, 2014
kendrick93: i dnt tink jona should worry abt fashola.. fashola is just lookin for cheap attension anyway. his just a puppet for his master Tinubu.. if i were jonathan all dis men would hav been in jail by now
Haba! you know we are not running a military regime here, where one can't voice out his opinion. for crying out loud this is a Democratic era.
Re: Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan. by StealthyMe(m): 12:21am On Aug 15, 2014
Jona - Hello Neighbour,sorry oo...Heard you had your children kidnapped

Neighbour - Na so dey take dem oo..**crying**

Jona - Will you kindly come to the villa so i'll sympathise with you. undecided

Heard BRF say this ; though not verbatim but this situation seems true.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan. by Nobody: 12:28am On Aug 15, 2014
datbay: Honestly,am disappointed in fashola,it seems Jonathan is becoming too lenient. These APC governors have no respect for the president.

He doesnt deserve it, simple, its a democratic government, everyone is free to air his views. Respect is not given for being a crafty politician, respect is given for being a good leader, which jonathan is not.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan. by ChildofChukwu(m): 1:02am On Aug 15, 2014
0rex: Front page with four comments? shocked

grin grin grin Shocking right? I guess some topics are worth it. wink

1 Like

Re: Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan. by emmy02(m): 1:07am On Aug 15, 2014
poor nigerians carrying rich nigerians matter on their heads .if fashola like make him go bite goodluck for office .wetin concern me
Re: Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan. by Asiwaju9ja(m): 1:18am On Aug 15, 2014
anonimi: The Presidency and PDP (two separate & distinct entities) need to continue reacting very quickly to refute & dispel any LIE and PROPAGANDA from the Amunisin (Enslavement) People's Congress, APC before it gains ground among our rumour loving fellow compatriots.

Okupe, Abati, Metuh et al over to you.
They may need to engage full time young, energetic & devoted RESEARCHERS in the field of statistics, economics, political science, engineering etc to ensure their rebuttals are FACT based as much as possible.
We should not allow these supporter of APC people to drag us back and away from the path of progress that the Jonathan/Sambo administration has embarked on.
Even you sef dey see the ineptitude from ur side.
Re: Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan. by deeobserver209(m): 2:21am On Aug 15, 2014
supporters of APC lying since 25BC.
Re: Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan. by Alexk2(m): 2:26am On Aug 15, 2014
i dont like commenting in a thread like this one bt i just cant help it. i watched the presentation by fashola and it was insightful but nt unexpected from an "opposition".......i'm beginning to see how unserious the fg can be with this reaction. did we voted them in office to start reacting to everything the opposition are saying?....it took less than 5hrs or so to react to Fashola's presentatn, yet it took days and weeks b4 the fg believed that our girls were actually kidnapped....took Gej months to sympathize with the girl's family in his own abode.....took gej and fg forever to reorganize the failed immigration recruitment after all the promises...the list goes on and on...

my question is, who is deceiving who?...how long are we going to remain like this?
mind you, I'm not a political bigots who can be carried away by mere speech...i'll always say this, there is no major difference btw PDP and APC.

God, save us!

1 Like

Re: Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan. by sasifo(m): 2:31am On Aug 15, 2014
alentyno: Smh...... These guys are really lucky that someone as soft as GEJ is on that seat.
Imagine fashola bashing OBJ or Buhari like this, him for know how far na. If you think am lying ask atiku why he has been failing to win ordinary primaries for the past 7 yrs
. You dey mind the basket mouth lier or na Lawyer e call himself. It took LASU students two weeks to cook beans and indomie at his office before he could even look into the school fees issues. Preoccupied with deceptive flower planting only along popular roads in Lagos and erected their milkcow along Lekki-Epe expressway.Deporting Nigerians overnight to their villages in the name of Mega city and financing elections in APC controlled states as foolish father chriistmas.No justification for attacking GEJ.Kettle calling pot black.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan. by Alexk2(m): 2:34am On Aug 15, 2014
StealthyMe
Jona - Hello Neighbour,sorry oo...Heard you had your children kidnapped

Neighbour - Na so dey take dem oo..**crying**

Jona - Will you kindly come to the villa so i'll sympathise with you. undecided

Heard BRF say this ; though not verbatim but this situation seems true.

heard that too and gej's reaction would have make ali2 sense if He can try to explain his reason/s to nigerians on that and other serious issues raised by fashola and not mere political propaganda that an average nigerian will never buy into.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan. by Truckpusher(m): 2:46am On Aug 15, 2014
dammytosh: The problem with GEJ's camp is that they will never learn.

FASHOLA is trying to teach them how to perform on pages of NEWSPAPER even if they are not doing anything.

Can you imagine the word used, "inactive" That is very funny.

I don't know the sides to take because that is how we queued behind Ribadu and GEJ flew in and struck a deal with Uncle Bola over night, grin grin

Fashola is a typical hypocrite. He agreed on subsidy removal with Jonathan in the closet and kept quiet when everything went haywire. That is the little respect Osho Baba still have with me. He will soon exhaust it too sha.

Naija politics enh.
You mean that Fashola can be bought and sold if the prices are right?

The APC really has no ideology it is for convenience....smh

1 Like

Re: Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan. by BetaThings: 2:49am On Aug 15, 2014

Is Jonathan a civilian president or military dictator?
When a president cannot be criticised, then he is not a president!

1 Like

Re: Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan. by Nobody: 2:54am On Aug 15, 2014
algorithmz: Fasohla is revealing what we already know everyone knows the FG is incompetent
Re: Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan. by Truckpusher(m): 3:01am On Aug 15, 2014
BabaO2:
Your statement is annoying and nauseating , who is pissy -pissy for bodi -"atoole" president you so arrogated power to?, me as a Nigerian i dont respect Jonathan. I can slap him one on one I hate him to that level. If not for Obasanjo he can never and never be vice president and president of Nigeria.
you'll see death before you can raise your hand against the president

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan. by djfaithy: 3:01am On Aug 15, 2014
jmaine:

to you all the points raised by fashola is about 2015 but to us, fashola spoke the truth the way it should be said, and if you sincerely believe in your heart that he lied, God will judge between the two of you, good night !
Re: Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan. by henchamb(m): 3:05am On Aug 15, 2014
alentyno: Smh...... These guys are really lucky that someone as soft as GEJ is on that seat.
Imagine fashola bashing OBJ or Buhari like this, him for know how far na. If you think am lying ask atiku why he has been failing to win ordinary primaries for the past 7 yrs

orji uzor kalu and jolly of taraba were bashing obj then what happened. i weep for nigeria when i see the supposed leaders of tomorrow say an elected governor is lucky that its not OBJ or buhari's time. smh for your epic ignorance

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan. by swezenberg(m): 3:35am On Aug 15, 2014
So many illiterates on Nairaland. How can an elected President arrest an elected governor in a democratic setting. Has the president now become a military president.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan. by anonimi: 3:55am On Aug 15, 2014
Asiwaju9ja:
Even you sef dey see the ineptitude from ur side.

May the Almighty God plus the Good Lord open your eyes of understanding. Did I hear you say a loud Amin, Amen and Ase

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lawan: No Electronic Transmission Of Result In Electoral Act (Video) / Fshaw Olufemi Olukayode Adeyemi Left EFCC Because It's Time (Screenshots) / 9 Things Buhari Promised Nigerians In 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.