Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Nigerian scientist develops trial Ebola drug, 'Nano Silver'. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian scientist develops trial Ebola drug, 'Nano Silver'. (2197 Views)

Experimental Ebola Drug Which Has Helped Stabilise US Doctor Is Sent To Nigeria / Exclusive: U.s.a Has Offer There Ebola Drug To Spanish Priest In Madrid / Scientist Develops Computer Software To Track Criminals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian scientist develops trial Ebola drug, 'Nano Silver'. by Nobody: 10:15pm On Aug 14, 2014
Nigerian Government Thursday announced that one of its scientists has developed a trail drug for the treatment of the deadly Ebola Virus Disease (EVD). The Minister of Health, Prof Onyebuchi Chukwu, announced this while briefing newsmen in Abuja.

According to him, the trial drug, Nano Silver, has been experimentally used for many things, assuring that it would be sent to Lagos later in the day for the treatment of the infected Nigerians.

Prompt News recalls that a Liberian, Patrick Sawyer, who evaded quarantine in Monrovia imported the  deadly virus into Lagos, Nigeria’s commercial centre. He died on July 25, few days after arrival in the country. One of the nurses that treated him was also confirmed infected and died few days after.
The third case of Ebola death in Nigeria, is a Protocol Officer with the ECOWAS Commission who also assisted Mr. Sawyer, he died on Tuesday in Lagos.

The Health Minister said so far, only 11 people have been infected with the virus, including the three that are dead. The eleventh person, one of the doctors that attended to the index case, Sawyer, has just been confirmed positive. He also insisted that contrary to reports, the disease is still restricted to Lagos and not in Enugu yet. But, on Wednesday, his Information counterpart, Labaran Maku, told State House correspondents that 21 people are currently under quarantine in Enugu, following the arrival of one of the nurses that treated the Liberian, Sawyer in the State.

The deadly Ebola virus has killed hundreds of people in West Africa, prompting the Governments of the affected countries- Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Liberia and Guinea to declared it a national emergency.

Also, the World Health Organisation has declared it an international emergency.

Source: http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.promptnewsonline.com/nigerian-scientist-develops-nano-silver-trial-drug-for-ebola/&sa=U&ei=niTtU6XhD6ii0QXYnoHwDg&ved=0CDAQFjAE&usg=AFQjCNHqhU3iWyyzIGeJkfyORX7WymOD3w
Re: Nigerian scientist develops trial Ebola drug, 'Nano Silver'. by iyeminifie: 12:07am On Aug 15, 2014
For the first time Nigerian Scientists inventing a drug,for Ebola for that matter. this is wonderfull u kno? Just Praying it isn't composed of bitter Cola n Otapiapa grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian scientist develops trial Ebola drug, 'Nano Silver'. by Lobolintin(m): 12:23am On Aug 15, 2014
Nano Silver.. Made in aba or alaba ??
Re: Nigerian scientist develops trial Ebola drug, 'Nano Silver'. by oduastates: 12:46am On Aug 15, 2014
Lol.
A drug for a virus he, most likely has never seen under a microscope .
Re: Nigerian scientist develops trial Ebola drug, 'Nano Silver'. by Justcash(m): 4:07am On Aug 15, 2014
oduastates: Lol.

....and who told you that he has not seen it? Can you confirm that? So, you believe that the scientists that developed other vaccines must have seen the virus even though they are foreigners? Does your scepticism have anything to do with the fact that this vaccine is more Nigerian than others?
JUST ASKING THOUGH.

17 Likes

Re: Nigerian scientist develops trial Ebola drug, 'Nano Silver'. by ROCKJ1(m): 5:00am On Aug 15, 2014
This disease will soon be a thing of the past... like malaria.
Re: Nigerian scientist develops trial Ebola drug, 'Nano Silver'. by fr3do(m): 5:54am On Aug 15, 2014
I need more info about this nano silver.
Re: Nigerian scientist develops trial Ebola drug, 'Nano Silver'. by Omexonomy: 6:28am On Aug 15, 2014
says a typical stupid black Yoruba nigeria who will always believe that white ar supperior.

15 Likes

Re: Nigerian scientist develops trial Ebola drug, 'Nano Silver'. by lilprinze: 7:15am On Aug 15, 2014
9c 1 i jx pray it works. Now sum ppl
would start sayin it iz fake cuz it ws
developed by a Nigerian even though it
works dy would still sy itz fake bt if it iz
a white man dat developed it even
though it iz fake dy would still sy it iz
original when would we start
appreciating our own tinz in diz country. Nigerians believe dat d white r superior in every tin.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian scientist develops trial Ebola drug, 'Nano Silver'. by Ivanspring(f): 7:41am On Aug 15, 2014
I believe that inside our forests, there are plants that hold the cure to this disease. May God enable scientist to find them.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian scientist develops trial Ebola drug, 'Nano Silver'. by gratiaeo(m): 8:15am On Aug 15, 2014
Yoruba man's mentality. Smh!

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian scientist develops trial Ebola drug, 'Nano Silver'. by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 15, 2014
Thank God, if this is true then I am very proud of our scientists and also proud to be a Nigerian. May God allow the drug to work!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian scientist develops trial Ebola drug, 'Nano Silver'. by F117A: 9:06am On Aug 15, 2014
Nano silver has been used to suppress HIV virus replication.
So the experimental drug looks credible.
I hope it works.
Re: Nigerian scientist develops trial Ebola drug, 'Nano Silver'. by uduokirika1(m): 9:12am On Aug 15, 2014

At least i'm sure you've not seen a Microscope either
Re: Nigerian scientist develops trial Ebola drug, 'Nano Silver'. by F117A: 9:13am On Aug 15, 2014
iyeminifie: For the first time Nigerian Scientists inventing a drug,for Ebola for that matter. this is wonderfull u kno? Just Praying it isn't composed of bitter Cola n Otapiapa grin
Nigerian scientists have invented some very essential drugs over the years.
Get informed before embarassing yourself.
Re: Nigerian scientist develops trial Ebola drug, 'Nano Silver'. by lebienconnu: 9:20am On Aug 15, 2014
This is more like it. The end of era of looking up to the whites and prayers for solutiion to our problems is at hand.

The elders say:
we can only carry a child that extends his arms.
Re: Nigerian scientist develops trial Ebola drug, 'Nano Silver'. by twosquare(m): 9:25am On Aug 15, 2014
iyeminifie: For the first time Nigerian Scientists inventing a drug,for Ebola for that matter. this is wonderfull u kno? Just Praying it isn't composed of bitter Cola n Otapiapa grin
hilarious...haba... grin
Re: Nigerian scientist develops trial Ebola drug, 'Nano Silver'. by Bigcake: 9:38am On Aug 15, 2014
It's like you dont have complete brain,

1 Like

Re: Nigerian scientist develops trial Ebola drug, 'Nano Silver'. by LoveDecay(m): 9:56am On Aug 15, 2014
Lobolintin: Nano Silver.. Made in aba or alaba ??

cry
Re: Nigerian scientist develops trial Ebola drug, 'Nano Silver'. by Okijajuju1(m): 9:58am On Aug 15, 2014
I hope say no be Dr. Abalaka invent this one as well.. grin

Viral diseases no get cure.. YET!!

And Nigeria would not be the ones to discover one. grin
Re: Nigerian scientist develops trial Ebola drug, 'Nano Silver'. by asadike(f): 11:42am On Aug 15, 2014
thk u my dear igbo scientist. I no it wil work. Shame on usa.
Re: Nigerian scientist develops trial Ebola drug, 'Nano Silver'. by Jakumo(m): 11:46am On Aug 15, 2014
A name like "Nano Silver", which rhymes with "Hi-Ho Silver", a phrase from an old TV cowboy show, will most likely inspire some humorous comments in the Western media, regardless of whether or not the "cure" is effective in treating or curing Ebola fever.
Re: Nigerian scientist develops trial Ebola drug, 'Nano Silver'. by Wale112(m): 1:22pm On Aug 15, 2014
Igbo people are doing very well in this Nigeria
Re: Nigerian scientist develops trial Ebola drug, 'Nano Silver'. by Ahasco(m): 2:11pm On Aug 15, 2014
Wale112: Igbo people are doing very well in this Nigeria

Are you telling me? They are doing so much. I bet if they are encouraged or given the freedom to develop this country they will do great wonders.
Re: Nigerian scientist develops trial Ebola drug, 'Nano Silver'. by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 15, 2014
asadike: thk u my dear igbo scientist. I no it wil work. Shame on usa.
How do you know that the scientist is an igbo-man or woman? because i checked everywhere but could not get a clue! the minister who announced it is igbo buy they only said "a nigerian scientist"
Re: Nigerian scientist develops trial Ebola drug, 'Nano Silver'. by Horus(m): 3:05pm On Aug 15, 2014
Good news
Re: Nigerian scientist develops trial Ebola drug, 'Nano Silver'. by Rexnegro(m): 3:55pm On Aug 15, 2014
Am so proud that this is coming from a nigerian scientist .... Weda a trial or tested drug at least a nigerian has proved that we are not that useless to always depend on America...only if all those sadists called professors in our universities can prove themselves at this trying period ... So help us God .
Re: Nigerian scientist develops trial Ebola drug, 'Nano Silver'. by iyeminifie: 5:49pm On Aug 15, 2014
F117A: Nigerian scientists have invented some very essential drugs over the years.
Get informed before embarassing yourself.
well educate me, which drug for which sickness?
Re: Nigerian scientist develops trial Ebola drug, 'Nano Silver'. by Jakumo(m): 6:18pm On Aug 15, 2014
iyeminifie: well educate me, which drug for which sickness?

Nigerian scientists invented Ekiti Wonder Weed, known and respected in Amsterdam as African Igbo.

(1) (Reply)

Nysc Members Killed In Bauchi Were Pdp It Consultants - Cpc / Proposed National Airline: What Model Would Work? / List Of World Most Corrupt Property Owners: Nigerians Feature

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.