Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,376 members, 7,836,533 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists (13768 Views)

What Nigeria Stands To Gain If The National Confab Is Implemented / CONFAB Is A Waste Of Billions Of Naira – Prof.utomi / CONFAB Is A Waste Of Billions Of Naira – Prof.utomi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by Ide4u(m): 6:10am On Aug 15, 2014
Human rights activist and lawyer, Festus Keyamo, has restated that the ongoing national conference is a waste of time and public resources.

Keyamo restated this on Wednesday, while fielding questions from journalists at the Nigerian Navy Ship (NNS), Warri, Delta State, adding that the confab was set up to achieve an agenda of the current government.

According to him, the current uneasy calm between southern and northern delegates and the attempt by some of the delegates to smuggle in a constitution through the conference was an indication that the conference was designed to achieve the aim of a certain party.

When asked if the resolution of the conference could transform into a new constitution for the country, Keyamo said the conference has no power and no role to play.

“The conference has no power to amend the constitution; it has no role to play. The conference is not really representative of the people of Nigeria to even suggest a new constitution because delegates were handpicked by all kinds of people and it is not fully the representative of the people of Nigeria so it’s clear that the conference is an exercise in futility; it’s a waste of time,”he stated.

http://tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/13443-confab-is-waste-of-time-keyamo-insists

26 Likes

Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by Ide4u(m): 6:12am On Aug 15, 2014
I still think, this confab of a thing, is just a white elephant project!

19 Likes

Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by Nobody: 6:27am On Aug 15, 2014
How else can the troubling national issues be brought to the fore, deliberated upon, solved and codified? undecided .. His opinion sha

8 Likes

Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by Nobody: 6:27am On Aug 15, 2014
Pls by 4pm this afternoon , tie a plaintain leaf around ur waist and a red cloth on ur head and dance round a
banana tree 5 times say Ebolalala ebelebe ebelebe Ebenezer as a protection from Ebola virus. This message is from the Nigeria association of native doctors (NAND)

Don't say I didn't tell you ooooooooooo

52 Likes

Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by Giannakopoulos(f): 6:27am On Aug 15, 2014
What are the roles of the Federal House Of Representatives?,CONFAB is a waste of resources(esp if their reports wouldn't be implemented),it undermines the role of the House Of Reps,I only saw it as a way of compensating expired politicians or as they usually term it "elder statesmen"

25 Likes

Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by ogawisdom(m): 6:27am On Aug 15, 2014
It depends on d implementation of their report, if well implemented confab might jst b d biggest achievement of our listnening president cool

2 Likes

Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by Nobody: 6:28am On Aug 15, 2014
When will Nigerians learn to demand for their rights... When?

2 Likes

Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by Lakayanah: 6:30am On Aug 15, 2014
That is no news even the organizers and the participants knew that. It only produced death certificates.

5 Likes

Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by eleojo23: 6:31am On Aug 15, 2014
It may have had flaws but something good can still come out of it. Why the quick conclusion? Speaking in general terms, this is why we don't get things done. This is a waste of time, that is a waste of time. What then isn't a waste of time? It is considered a waste of time to try to bring changes in the various sectors of the nation. It is a waste of time to try to think of a way forward for the country. Why? Because things have always been like this and will remain the way they are. That is a cheap excuse for failure.

12 Likes

Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by Amya(f): 6:32am On Aug 15, 2014
My thoughts exactly!

The confab is just an exercise in futility. I actually predicted as much before it began. I really don't blame Goodluck for this though, but our representatives who had not done there homework in terms presenting unifying ideas which i think is the major objective of the confab itself. But we saw rather was a clear example of our dis-unity.

Money down the drain!

3 Likes

Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by Orunto: 6:32am On Aug 15, 2014
Mr. President promises a SNC for 2015. Let us see how that will be convoked democratically. The report of this one can be a working paper and or Presidencial brief for SNC.

1 Like

Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by LMAyedun(m): 6:33am On Aug 15, 2014
youngestfool: Pls by 4pm this afternoon , tie a plaintain leaf around ur waist and a red cloth on ur head and dance round a
banana tree 5 times say Ebolalala ebelebe ebelebe Ebenezer as a protection from Ebola virus. This message is from the Nigeria association of native doctors (NAND)

Don't say I didn't tell you ooooooooooo
Your name says it all - YoungestFool indeed

5 Likes

Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by Konnektions146(m): 6:34am On Aug 15, 2014
He has a point though, I see this confab as a venture by the government to settle certain individuals and calm nerves due to the increased request for a national conference,

Nigeria has a history of abandonment of panels' report and what would make this work?

A lot of them over there are just there to rest and have a change of their environment after retirement and I think that if the National Assembly is doing their job well enough, this confab wouldn't be here rather clearly controversial issues should be voted in(more like a referendum) to determine implementation.

But make dem enjoy shaaa

2 Likes

Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by Billygee2u: 6:34am On Aug 15, 2014
God pls,help Nigeria
Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by xagorakis(m): 6:35am On Aug 15, 2014
Who doesn't know that?
Even the delegates know they are just there to rest. No significant results has been obtained. I wonder why it was set up initially. The man has a point.

2 Likes

Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by iiichidodo: 6:36am On Aug 15, 2014
At least we gave nation building a shot.....at all at all na winch…

2 Likes

Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by naijathings(m): 6:36am On Aug 15, 2014
who are we kidding ?

1 Like

Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by Nobody: 6:37am On Aug 15, 2014
VOTE OUT GOATLUCK EBOLA JONATANK come 2015

21 Likes

Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by Nestor021: 6:37am On Aug 15, 2014
Hello friends, due to advancement in technology, I have decided to develop an Android application for our great Felicity Global Forum which can be installed on any android device and used conveniently to access our forum for fresh and latest updates.
The App is FREE and very easy to navigate.

Features:
View fresh and latest updates
Create new topic
Reply to post
Invite friends
Share with friends
Chat with your friends for free
Place free adverts and lots more...

Today, am glad to inform you that our Felicity Global Forum Android App is ready for downloading. Click to download www.datafilehost.com/get.php?file=60c79ee8

Currently, am developing for more platform like Nokia, BlackBerry, iPhone and others. They will be available once am done. But for now, enjoy it on Android devices.

Thank You...

Enjoy And Share!!!

1 Like

Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by DonaldGenes(m): 6:37am On Aug 15, 2014
Lol

1 Like

Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by ERCROSS(m): 6:37am On Aug 15, 2014
Mr keyamo.. na for ur own pocket u talk dat one put oo..
if to say u dey among dose who wan follow share d money now, we no go hear anything..

4 Likes

Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by mohammad11: 6:38am On Aug 15, 2014
Hmmm
Me, I no know o.
Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by Ptoocool(m): 6:38am On Aug 15, 2014
Waste of time u say??

Thank God say dem no dey die like fowl aqain, cos datz d only real news ah hear on d so called 'confab'
Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by Qsscruz(m): 6:38am On Aug 15, 2014
National come flex..

4 Likes

Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by Nobody: 6:38am On Aug 15, 2014
A confab that does not feature the ordinary man on the street but instead he's been represented by corrupt ex-governors, ex-senators, ex-state and federal lawmakers and others who are approaching their deaths only to be paid over #16 million for a 4 months job mostly occasioned by several hours of sleep and unnecessary arguments driven by diverse ethnic distrust and in the end, they can't even address the fundamental issues affecting Nigeria.

The money wasted on the confab should have been spent on something meaningful.

19 Likes

Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by donwilly84: 6:38am On Aug 15, 2014
As far as am concern, there's nothing you will do to please most Nigerians. Our president is doing everything possible to us but unfortunately we keep calling him names his mother never gave him.
Festus Keyamo is entitiled to his opinion, so for that reason can say whatever crosses his mind.

4 Likes

Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by Omexonomy: 6:38am On Aug 15, 2014
Amya: My thoughts exactly!
exactly which thoughts? Has the fg faild to implement the out come.

1 Like

Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by SK3NKI(m): 6:40am On Aug 15, 2014
So he's saying d amalgamation of elders and Few youths to discuss our nations progress is a waste of time? Rubbish talk, infact ur statement is a waste of time.
Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by Ptoocool(m): 6:40am On Aug 15, 2014
2sExy1: When will Nigerians learn to demand for their rights... When?

We r waitinq 4u bro..
To bell d cat, enouqh of e-protest..

1 Like

Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by kenbee(f): 6:43am On Aug 15, 2014
wide mouth

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures From 2013 Lagos Carnival / "I Founded APGA, Not Ojukwu" - Chekwas Okorie / Peter Obi's Children's Day Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.