Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,263 members, 7,836,194 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN (33245 Views)

We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN / Banks To Start Zero ATM Charges On Dec 17. / Banks And Interswitch To Increase ATM Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by zidex: 12:01pm On Aug 15, 2014
femcruz: Admist of all the crisis in the country, this is what cbn has to contribute, charging 65N.
Pls don't be quick to judge CBN without reading between de lines
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by Ashmark(m): 12:02pm On Aug 15, 2014
holluwai: This man has just said nothing but nonsense!!! I don't get any explaination from this.

Check urself if you still didn't get any explanatn from ds.
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by tosinhtml: 12:02pm On Aug 15, 2014
Eve62:

No b crayfish

LMAO !!! If given the chance, He'll mention 5 Naira , hehehe !
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by omarky(m): 12:05pm On Aug 15, 2014
Am tired of this country. Nothing seems to be working. Power: 0, Governance: 0, security: 0, policy: 0, Legacy: 0, DSS, NPF, NTA: all partisan..... Can anybody help me with Liberia visa?
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by armadeo(m): 12:05pm On Aug 15, 2014
Greyworld:

Den u don't get d arguement... Yur bank pays 65 naira 4 dose transactions. So wen ppl freqently mak dose trasactions even wen not necessary its ''Abuse''

Logic dictates that every bank would be affected I.e zenith pays gtb which pays union which pays zenith its a circle of life in the long run no one would loose significantly.

Besides every month I get alerts about fractional deductions from my account insignificant to one individual but when you think if the numerous customers you get the point.
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by tosinhtml: 12:06pm On Aug 15, 2014
expertfingers:

When you need to withdraw up to 60000 and above, go walk into the banking hall. You will have peace of mind.

LOL !!! Am sure you patronize those old Banks...Like W*M* , UN*I*N B*Nk where no one is in the banking hall when you want to receive money, else you would know its not comfortable walking into a bank waiting in a long list of line just for 60k
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 15, 2014
zidex:
Pls don't be quick to judge CBN without reading between de lines
owk bro
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by tuke: 12:08pm On Aug 15, 2014
holluwai: This man has just said nothing but nonsense!!! I don't get any explaination from this.
How can you say he's said nothing. haba, calm down and read. This is simple english. we don't plan our expenses again. some people can use atm 20times in a day to draw 1k each time, very unfair. it's not your wallet,consider all that goes into making it serviceable,which you wouldn't do if you had to cut 20 cheques of 1k each. we're so geared to opposing issues even when they're targeted at our greater good. Just calm down, then read again.
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by Eyop: 12:08pm On Aug 15, 2014
fxskye: CBN explanations are understood but not acceptable due to d following pertinent concerns:

A. Why must N65 goes to Switch operator per transaction when most ATM can't dispense more than 20k @ ago?

B. Can CBN not compell d Switch to reduce N65 charges to reasonable amount that's "fair" accross the board?

C. Why has CBN failed to sanitize unexplainable charges by our banks rather than reintroduction of ATM fee?

D. Can CBN compell our banks to increase maximum dispensary per transaction to 70k? This 5will enable all salary earners below 200k to withdraw with d fee.
At the bolded...previously ATM was dispensing #40,000 per transaction but was later reduced to #20,000 because of fraud. The higher the dispensed amount per transaction allowed,the higher the risk should incase your card is stolen.

1 Like

Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by mindtricks: 12:10pm On Aug 15, 2014
Nigerian Govt agencies and their flip flop policy directions!!
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by pwajul: 12:10pm On Aug 15, 2014
lilprinze: So i cnt withdraw more dan 3 tyms frm another bankz atm in a month if nt i pay N65 diz guyz r always looking 4 1 wy or d oder to make money.
. Bros wr dos d 3 tyms in a month cum in. Guess dats ur perspective.
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by Eyop: 12:12pm On Aug 15, 2014
arsetalks: Na you carry me go Cameroun abi?
Except you are in another country,there's no way you'll be charged on your very 1st transaction when withdrawing from an ATM. That was before and not now. Or are you making use of Savannah Bank Card grin
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by Decryptor(m): 12:13pm On Aug 15, 2014
femcruz:
and yov mean to tell me that you also went to school with this your shitty english.

Even if my English was shitty according to you which makes no sense, I still think logically than you
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by neyobills: 12:17pm On Aug 15, 2014
kamez: Good move by CBN because I ve observed that some illiterates and punks have turned ATM machines to video game consoles..

Some will spend hours pressing and pressing only to end up collectin 1000naira wen they are done.. Wasting the time of other valuable users..

Rubbish

So if I need only 1k for pepper soup n drink on a good day I should go and collect 10k because of people wey dey my back,besides its non of ur buisness whatever anyone deems fit to withdraw,abi na ur ATM dem take withdraw SMH....
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by Decryptor(m): 12:21pm On Aug 15, 2014
holluwai:

You should've simply explained from whatever your understanding is of what he said since the money spent on you wasn't a waste... Nitwit!

Take the following steps:

1. Bookmark the page on your browser or copy and paste it somewhere or print it out where you can find it later to read

2. Go and enroll for common entrance examinations and make sure you pass

3. Come back and read from the bookmark from whatever format you saved it as instructed on step 1.

I cannot explain it to you cos your brain is too shallow to absorb any explaination whatsoever.
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by IamGodzilla: 12:32pm On Aug 15, 2014
Grow your business-- http:// adf. ly / r98QV
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by tuke: 12:33pm On Aug 15, 2014
Eyop:
At the bolded...previously ATM was dispensing #40,000 per transaction but was later reduced to #20,000 because of fraud. The higher the dispensed amount per transaction allowed,the higher the risk should incase your card is stolen.

Moreso, inasmuch as it is right to question or analyse policies, let's put ourselves sometimes on the stool of those managing our economy. You can start with your home, even with the fat salaries, it ain't easy. I'm sure with time we'll get it right.
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by Eyop: 12:36pm On Aug 15, 2014
tuke:

Moreso, inasmuch as it is right to question or analyse policies, let's put ourselves sometimes on the stool of those managing our economy. You can start with your home, even with the fat salaries, it ain't easy. I'm sure with time we'll get it right.
Exactly sir wink
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by tuke: 12:39pm On Aug 15, 2014
neyobills:

So if I need only 1k for pepper soup n drink on a good day I should go and collect 10k because of people wey dey my back,besides its non of ur buisness whatever anyone deems fit to withdraw,abi na ur ATM dem take withdraw SMH....

Try going into the bank to queue for 1k, because u wan chop peppersoup. go and advice your peppersoup joint owner to ger POS.

1 Like

Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by dondavidson(m): 12:53pm On Aug 15, 2014

ehhhh. Den better run 2 ur English teacher & tell him/ her dt all d labour was trash.
Cos d last tym i checked, d explanation was made using lay man terms.
Just saying
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by Anacksunamun: 12:53pm On Aug 15, 2014
Then who allowed you to access NL? You need a new brain!!
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by Nobody: 12:59pm On Aug 15, 2014
Decryptor:

Even if my English was shitty according to you which makes no sense, I still think logically than you
no you don't, case close! cheesy
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by timmy7(m): 1:03pm On Aug 15, 2014
So what you are saying in essence is that if I am to withdraw about 100k which is the daily withdrawal limit on atm on an atm that can only dispense a maximum amount of 20k at a go, I must pay 65 naira for that Hmmmm.....
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by Skmoda360(m): 1:04pm On Aug 15, 2014
igbsam: confused nation....
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by charityexplicit(f): 1:06pm On Aug 15, 2014
Its simple, withdraw from another bank 3 tyms a month, go to ur bank for d fourth and skip their #65 charge na grin smiley[color=#006600][/color]
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by Skmoda360(m): 1:07pm On Aug 15, 2014
MANGAM: Which one are we going to bliv?
read again
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by mikkyword(m): 1:08pm On Aug 15, 2014
is this policy encouraging customers to go cashless?? not at all. but in a way its okay since the charges is made on the forth withdrawals.
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by timota(m): 1:10pm On Aug 15, 2014
guy it seems that you don't understand the man what the man is saying is that you will only be charged if you withdraw more than three times in a day in a bank other than the one that issue you the ATM card
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by redcap: 1:11pm On Aug 15, 2014
fennels007: pls not in one month but in a day. kindly read again

Pls you read again and show me if there is any mention of day or month.

1 Like

Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by Skmoda360(m): 1:11pm On Aug 15, 2014
pressplay55: well explained, i'm in support of the move
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by lakashey: 1:16pm On Aug 15, 2014
pls go over it again and stop dat statement 'nonsense'

1 Like

Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by onatisi(m): 1:19pm On Aug 15, 2014
Kai ,I love this thread , dis is the funniest thread ever.please if you know you can't read and understand simple english abeg pls don't ask any duumb questions here, if u ask dummb questions you will be giving a befitting answer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pictures From "Made-in-akwa-ibom Products Exhibition In Uyo" / My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. / How To Make Money On Fiverr: A Beginner’s Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.