Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,176 members, 7,835,926 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN (33243 Views)

We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN / Banks To Start Zero ATM Charges On Dec 17. / Banks And Interswitch To Increase ATM Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by LeJeun3: 7:23pm On Aug 15, 2014

No more ATM for me jare.....

Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by ola9ja(m): 7:28pm On Aug 15, 2014
Always finding ways to exploit the masses, a thief is always a thief, all government parastatals are thesame, reminding you of road safety pryramid scheme of new plate numbers, all of you will regret this action, if not you, your children will!
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by onatisi(m): 7:35pm On Aug 15, 2014
LeJeun3:

No more ATM for me jare.....

don't worry , they won't miss ur 65 naira
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by Eyop: 7:37pm On Aug 15, 2014
tete7000:

The quoted is from the earlier publication. Check the bolded for clarification.
Ok now a realistic statement grin grin

1 Like

Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by Chuksprince: 7:38pm On Aug 15, 2014
Nice explanation given... This is stop abuse of ATM use I believe.. You can withdraw from any bank without charge but it shouldn't exceed 3 times for that day.. Or you will be charged. #65..but you are free to use your bank ATM and withdraw from your bank for as many time as possible. Without charge
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by Levelzguy(m): 7:40pm On Aug 15, 2014
holluwai: This man has just said nothing but nonsense!!! I don't get any explaination from this.
you are a slowpoke if u can't undst dis simple explanation dat has been succinctly and explicitly delineated..don't worry keep withdrawing indiscriminately from other banks atm,body go tell u soon
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by dresiri(m): 7:46pm On Aug 15, 2014
If somebody needs more than three attempts at a foreign ATM to get the money needed for one day, said person should have just gone into the banking hall...i really don't see the big deal though.
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by tk4rd: 7:49pm On Aug 15, 2014
I keep asking.... Would banks still be destroying other banks' ATM's trapped in their machines.??
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by onatisi(m): 8:02pm On Aug 15, 2014
Chuksprince: Nice explanation given... This is stop abuse of ATM use I believe.. You can withdraw from any bank without charge but it shouldn't exceed 3 times for that day.. Or you will be charged. #65..but you are free to use your bank ATM and withdraw from your bank for as many time as possible. Without charge
but wait ooo,tthere is a funny tangle here. Eg, the 3 free times is it on any other bank atm or on a particular bank? What I mean is supposing I have a uba card and I use it 3 times on firstt bank atm , can I use it another 3 free times on gtb atm ,or does the law cuts across all the banks at once
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by Eyop: 8:05pm On Aug 15, 2014
onatisi: but wait ooo,tthere is a funny tangle here. Eg, the 3 free times is it on any other bank atm or on a particular bank? What I mean is supposing I have a uba card and I use it 3 times on firstt bank atm , can I use it another 3 free times on gtb atm ,or does the law cuts across all the banks at once
If you use your UBA card 3 times on First Bank ATM,you have exhausted your limit for the month. Another usage on GTB ATM will attract the #65 charge except you stick to your UBA for the rest of the month.
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by onatisi(m): 8:11pm On Aug 15, 2014
Eyop:
If you use your UBA card 3 times on First Bank ATM,you have exhausted your limit for the month. Another usage on GTB ATM will attract the #65 charge except you stick to your UBA for the rest of the month.
thanks for explaining this , itt will benefit many ppl
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by stexsy(m): 8:50pm On Aug 15, 2014
holluwai: This man has just said nothing but nonsense!!! I don't get any explaination from this.
are you that dull?
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by tete7000(m): 8:53pm On Aug 15, 2014
Eyop:
Ok now a realistic statement grin grin
1000 likes. Good night
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by tk4rd: 9:02pm On Aug 15, 2014
And I keep asking.. Would the banks now stop destroying ATMs of other banks that got trapped in their machines.??
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by onatisi(m): 9:03pm On Aug 15, 2014
tk4rd: And I keep asking.. Would the banks now stop destroying ATMs of other banks that got trapped in their machines.??
how many atm cards of urs has been destroyed ?
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by holluwai(m): 9:05pm On Aug 15, 2014
stexsy: are you that dull?

Are you cursed to quote?
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by kazman117: 9:46pm On Aug 15, 2014
Onwe101: LAGOS—The Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, yesterday said it has not
reintroduced charges on the use of Automated Teller Machines, ATMs as
being speculated.
The Director, Banking & Payments System Department of CBN, Mr. Dipo
Fatokun, who explained this to Vanguard after his remarks at the
meeting held by Nigeria Electronic Fraud Forum in Lagos, said: “It is
not a reintroduction per se . You have to agree with me that when the
amendment was made in November 2012, it used to be a N100 for any
remote-on-us withdrawal that you did. And you know that the remote-
on-us is when you as a card holder goes to the ATM of a bank other
than your bank to withdraw cash. It was removed then so that people
would be encouraged to go to other ATMs without paying for it.
But the truth is that as we said in the circular on the Introduction of
Fees on Remote-On-Us ATM Withdrawal Transactions recently, that
N100 included the N35 that goes to the issuing bank, which has now
been completely waived. The issuing bank does not make any thing, but
in going to other ATMs to make withdrawal , your bank, that is, the
acquirer bank incurs cost of N65 which they pay to the switches and the
owner of the ATM that you are using.
Continuing, he said: ”Between 2012 and recently when the review was
done, it was discovered that people have actually turned ATMs into their
personal purses because nothing is charged. Somebody needs N500, or
N1000, he will go to ATM and withdraw, he needs N2000, he will go to
ATM and withdraw, so that in a day some people can patronise ATM
for up to four or ten times. That has created a huge cost burden for the
banks that issue the cards. It was becoming discouraging to them.
“So that is why we said, you can go to an ATM other than your bank
ATM to withdraw up to three times and no charges would be imposed
on you, but it is when you make the fourth withdrawal that you will
pay the N65 that ordinarily your bank would have paid on your behalf.
But of course if you go to your bank’s ATM, the issuer, for withdrawal
you can withdraw as many times as you like without being charged. So,
it does not discourage financial inclusion. You should bear in mind that
when you talk of cashless regime, you are encouraging people to do
their transactions electronically other than the use of cash. So it is a
motivation for people to patromise the ATM. “ source http:// http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/weve-reintroduced-atm-charges-cbn/#sthash.vMZRrOVF.dpuf
dis is beta, is a nice move
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by begwong: 10:17pm On Aug 15, 2014
How can you tell us the banks are not making any gain. The ATM cards was initially free,moved to #600 and now #1000! (firstbank experience)
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by 1stola: 10:57pm On Aug 15, 2014
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by Harzan(m): 11:17pm On Aug 15, 2014
All na still trash!
I was a player in the payment industry, infact, a Switch + proccessing company.

I jst know dey gonna bring back this charges because d players+ banks have bn crying foul since 2012 it was removed.
For all U saying itood move, I bet u don't know wat u are talking abt¤ yeah, to d banks, its awesome, buh to masses like u n I, its officail extortion.
Come to think of it, U ar their customer n u pay ur charges. This bank use ur savings and yet they dont wanna pay anytin, asin, any kobo for the services rendered to dem by oda service provider or banks.? Buh, now we av to pay for collecting our money, pay d acquirer, swith n terminal owner... Like seriously, are dey giving me commission wen making d deposit! Well, no wahala, cbn shud kontunu... Buh emefiele shud know diariz God in anytin he's doin.. Dancing to tune of the cabals, kontunu!
1st tree withdrawal is free, dey are sick in d head... Knowing fully well ATMs dispense 20K @ a go.. So, 4 100K now, will b charged twice + all oda trail thru dat month! D banks dat can pay for d 1st three, cannot pay.... *AngryWithSteam*
God bless Nigeria!
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by LeJeun3: 11:53pm On Aug 15, 2014
onatisi: don't worry , they won't miss ur 65 naira

True... grin

Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by iretiland: 11:55pm On Aug 15, 2014
As long as a major shareholder of a commercial Bank is appointed to run the CBN, its policies will be channelled towards generating more profits for those Banks at the expense of the ordinary Nigerian. With the current set-up, CBN Governor Emefiele will get more money into his pocket from the return on his shares in Zenith Bank (becos Zenith profit margin will go up from reducing its pay on ATM charges). Lamido Sanusi was not a saint, but in some sense, he was more of a Bank customers advocate than many of those running Nigerian Banks and will not mind supplanting the poor to increase their wealth. You wander where they want to carry this wealth to.
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by onatisi(m): 4:47am On Aug 16, 2014
Harzan: All na still trash!
I was a player in the payment industry, infact, a Switch + proccessing company.

I jst know dey gonna bring back this charges because d players+ banks have bn crying foul since 2012 it was removed.
For all U saying itood move, I bet u don't know wat u are talking abt¤ yeah, to d banks, its awesome, buh to masses like u n I, its officail extortion.
Come to think of it, U ar their customer n u pay ur charges. This bank use ur savings and yet they dont wanna pay anytin, asin, any kobo for the services rendered to dem by oda service provider or banks.? Buh, now we av to pay for collecting our money, pay d acquirer, swith n terminal owner... Like seriously, are dey giving me commission wen making d deposit! Well, no wahala, cbn shud kontunu... Buh emefiele shud know diariz God in anytin he's doin.. Dancing to tune of the cabals, kontunu!
1st tree withdrawal is free, dey are sick in d head... Knowing fully well ATMs dispense 20K @ a go.. So, 4 100K now, will b charged twice + all oda trail thru dat month! D banks dat can pay for d 1st three, cannot pay.... *AngryWithSteam*
God bless Nigeria!
you can keep ur money in ur house and not use the bank atm . I don't think there is any law mandating ppl to use the atm by force
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by abujamal: 4:50am On Aug 16, 2014
His explanation was clear. He concluded that you can use your atm card to withdraw as many times as possible your bank Atm's machine without being charged. You can also withdraw on other banks' atm machine 3 times but on the 4th withdrawal you will be charged #65
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by lastpage: 10:13am On Aug 16, 2014
CBN: Between 2012 and recently when the review was
done, it was discovered that people have actually turned ATMs into their
personal purses because nothing is charged
. Somebody needs N500, or
N1000, he will go to ATM and withdraw, he needs N2000, he will go to
ATM and withdraw, so that in a day some people can patronise ATM
for up to four or ten times. That has created a huge cost burden for the
banks that issue the cards. It was becoming discouraging to them.
“So that is why we said, you can go to an ATM other than your bank
ATM to withdraw up to three times and no charges would be imposed
on you, but it is when you make the fourth withdrawal that you will
pay the N65 that ordinarily your bank would have paid on your behalf.

This explanation is not only silly, it is IDIOTIC ...and can only come form a Nigerian official whose brain is compromised and laced with CORRUPTION!

First, ATM is actually a PURSE... all over the world.
In the Western world, people withdraw as little as 5GBP, $5 and 5Euros, just to pay for drinks or for a taxi home! (At NO Cost)
They dont carry any cash on them selves at all ..and this has reduced the incidence of personal robbery... FOR CASH!

This sort of statement coming from a CBN Governor shows how stewpid those in power can be, especially when they are angling to milk money out of Nigerians (Same stewpid argument was used by FRSC to foist New Plate number on people!)

Again, What is all the noise and sensitization about CASHLESS SOCIETY when the same CBN is the one complaining that ATM has now become people's purse?

Cashless means "No Cash" thus, the Cash is in the ATM, where you should go and collect it ...at NO COST!

Let me also add that, as done overseas, the fact that all customers are free to withdraw from any bank's ATM irrespective of whether they have an account in that bank, IMPLIES that any cost incurred by any Customer, NILS/CANCELS OUT, at the end of the day.

And to the matter of "paying switches", we should ask ourselves, DONT BANKS ABROAD ALSO USE SWITCHES?
How come they dont surcharge their customers for this service by charging them for using a third party ATM?
Banks already have so many other charges imposed on customers, to cater for any cost incured by using 3-party ATM's to withdraw money!

Instead of making this sortof ridiculous statements and inflicting punishment of Nigerians, the mumu-CBN Governor should make it mandatory that all these banks declaring Billions of naira in Annual profit, must have a certain number of ATMs in every town and City, all over the country. it is their responsibility and they have made and are making enough profit to foot that bill, for their own growth as well.

This #65 thingy is just a criminal exercise that this CBN Governor is trying to foist on Nigerians and we must resist it with everything we have.
It is daylight robbery!

Say NO to Corruption, Say NO to ATM charges.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by Harzan(m): 10:23am On Aug 16, 2014
onatisi: you can keep ur money in ur house and not use the bank atm . I don't think there is any law mandating ppl to use the atm by force

Smh 4 nigerians like u!
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by onatisi(m): 10:37am On Aug 16, 2014
Harzan:

Smh 4 nigerians like u!
thank you.
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by okeyben10: 2:46pm On Aug 16, 2014
lat4real: CBN is still saying the same thing but with better explanation this time. You can withdraw thrice in a day without being charged, but your subsequent withdrawals will attract N65 charges.

not thrice in a day...but thrice in a[b] month[/b]
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by willorie(f): 4:11pm On Aug 16, 2014
unmask: where did the three times a month come in?

cheesy cheesy
ask am oooo
cus wat l saw is "three times in a day"
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by willorie(f): 4:15pm On Aug 16, 2014
Well explained! cool
as for those finding it difficult to comprehend
I'll recommend u use google grin tongue
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by willorie(f): 4:18pm On Aug 16, 2014
onatisi: you can keep ur money in ur house and not use the bank atm . I don't think there is any law mandating ppl to use the atm by force

Oh! How pathetic!
I pity u shaa
No offense tho
Re: We’ve Not Reintroduced ATM Charges —CBN by tk4rd: 4:21pm On Aug 16, 2014
onatisi: how many atm cards of urs has been destroyed ?
Two.. And to me, It happened at times wen I urgently needed the money like now-now-now.. I had to wait for a week for me to get a new card from my bank

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerians Went To The Chinese Supermarket In Abuja To Confirm / Pictures From "Made-in-akwa-ibom Products Exhibition In Uyo" / My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.