Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,444 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US (79274 Views)

WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town / The Rejected Nigerian Ebola Soldier (A Premium Times Investigative Report) / First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by jibbish(m): 5:12pm On Aug 15, 2014
SmooshCHN: I think I'm the only one thinking this Ebola issue is a plot.
U r not ooo,I watched a korean film of recent n saw aw some men tried to distract d govt by bring a plague on d pple. D govt got distracted and dey almost finished their plot. If we look into it properly, I am also of d opinion dt ds is a plot. Y is Boko not bombing again at ds moment.

2 Likes

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by pussyeater(m): 5:13pm On Aug 15, 2014
iyke926:

Yea, fu-ck America. Americans are responsible for lot of shitt-y stuffs going on around the world.
Keep ur dirty mouth shut, like u won't kill ur father to get a US visa! Odenson
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by uzoexcel(m): 5:13pm On Aug 15, 2014
naija!!!!!!!
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by SmooshCHN: 5:14pm On Aug 15, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

Dont play with your life.
So who's in charge of my my Life? stop fooling If you think someone can take your life cos of an honest comment, have a rethink.
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by Chigold101(m): 5:14pm On Aug 15, 2014
cirmuell: Give us Ur serum, you refused. We came up with a 'likely' cure you're whining again...for petes sake what really do the US govt want? undecided
the USA developed SAS to kill the chinese, chinese came up with a versine that stoped the virus. Now they have developed a virus to kill africans especially nigerians. They are making noise cos what happend to them in china is about hittn them harder this time from a blackman... USA is evil nation

6 Likes

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by M4gunners: 5:14pm On Aug 15, 2014
hollandis:

Did you not hear that America said they will not give the vaccine to Nigeria?
Is this thesame hollandis i know?
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by Imoy(m): 5:15pm On Aug 15, 2014
candy:
Mass death I guess undecided

I guess Jonathan just doesn't have the personality and carriage of leaders to be reckeoned with, or why would naija be denied of foreign aides in terms of drugs and other supplies? If it's necessary, guy better go and beg, cap in hand, so that naija doesn't lose out.
Here is anoda m.oron blaming jonathan

1 Like

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by pussyeater(m): 5:16pm On Aug 15, 2014
Chigold101: the USA developed SAS to kill the chinese, chinese came up with a versine that stoped the virus. Now they have developed a virus to kill africans especially nigerians. They are making noise cos what happend to them in china is about hittn them harder this time from a blackman... USA is evil nation
Oga park well jor! U nor get brain ni? Ebola don dey since 1976

5 Likes

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by AdeniyiA(m): 5:16pm On Aug 15, 2014
Well, they didn't say specifically that nano silver can't cure Ebola virus. i quote
Erica Jefferson, a spokeswoman for the FDA, said she could not provide any information about the product referenced by the Nigerians.
They're just expressing their biased view
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 15, 2014
HiiiPower:

Why are you crying all over the forum? undecided

Your name looks familiar in a bad way.
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by Chigold101(m): 5:21pm On Aug 15, 2014
pussyeater:
Oga park well jor! U nor get brain ni? Ebola don dey since 1976
na brain u no get. Who discovered ebola in 1976? How many persons did ebola killed in 1976? What stoped it in that 1976? What stoped it in ivory cost in 1994? Why is ebola killing today we have more advanced medical equipment than in 1976 when we have little or nothing. U know nothing about programing & long term planning. If i were u i will use my brain more than my mouth...

9 Likes

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 15, 2014
pussyeater:
Keep ur dirty mouth shut, like u won't kill ur father to get a US visa! Odenson
Nope, fools like you always think US is heaven. Keep my name out of your mouth and keep eating puss.y.

#Covers my nose# your mouth smells...u've contacted oral herpes u miserable legendary puss.y suckin hound...see a doctor and a pyschologist for a mental evaluation cuz u a sick piece of sh*t.

9 Likes

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by Okeikpu(m): 5:22pm On Aug 15, 2014
emmydeep: US IS BEHIND EBOLA OUT-BREAK IN AFRICA.
You r 99% right......including HIV/AIDS...

1 Like

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by JuanDeDios: 5:22pm On Aug 15, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: Now, this is embarrassing.
I tell ya.

2 Likes

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by stevecantrell: 5:22pm On Aug 15, 2014
cirmuell: Give us Ur serum, you refused. We came up with a 'likely' cure you're whining again...for petes sake what really do the US govt want? undecided

They want you to grovel and beg.
They know relatively cheaper nano silver will halt ebola and save many but that would also make the serum useless.

1 Like

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by pussyeater(m): 5:23pm On Aug 15, 2014
Chigold101: na brain u no get. Who discovered ebola in 1976? How persons ebola killed in 1976? What stoped it in that 1976? What stoped it in ivory cost in 1994? Why is ebola killing today we have more advanced medical equipment than in 1976 when we have little or nothing. U know nothing about programing & long term planning. If i were u i will use my brain more than my mouth...
U are very stewpid...

There is no specific treatment for the disease. Efforts to help those who are infected are supportive and include giving either oral rehydration therapy (slightly sweet and salty water to drink) or intravenous fluids. The disease has a high mortality rate, often killing between 50% and 90% of those infected with the virus. EVD was first identified in Sudan and the Democratic Republic of the Congo. The disease typically occurs in outbreaks in tropical regions of Sub-Saharan Africa From 1976 (when it was first identified) through 2013, fewer than 1,000 people per year have been infected. The largest outbreak to date is the ongoing 2014 West Africa Ebola outbreak, which is affecting Guinea, Sierra Leone, Liberia, and Nigeria. As of August 2014, more than 1,750 suspected cases have been reported. Efforts are ongoing to develop a vaccine; however, none yet exists

4 Likes

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by pussyeater(m): 5:24pm On Aug 15, 2014
iyke926:
Nope, fools like you always think US is heaven. Keep my name out of your mouth and keep eating puss.y.
Thunder fire ur papa!
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by JuanDeDios: 5:24pm On Aug 15, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: Map BioPharma have agreed to release their Experimental drug (ZMapp) to Africans, what has stopped our President and the Minister of Health from contacting Them for the Experimental drugs (Supporting them financially). This embarrassment with this Nano Silver issue shows the height of incompetency in our health Ministry.

[b]Even if they wanted to test it, it should have been in secret with top health researchers. This Minister of Health must go. He has been a total failure.
[/b]
Thank you. But unfortunately, that is not the way things work here. In saner climes, the claims about the NSA memo if found to be true are enough to send Chukwu packing. Again our government fails us and puts the lives of everyone at risk.

4 Likes

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by damilare442: 5:24pm On Aug 15, 2014
aguiyi: Bleep America, Bleep the FDA and Bleep the west in total and all those Nigerians and nairalnders who always kill their own.

this biological terrorism has failed just like their attempt to topple the Nigerian govt in the name of chibok girls rescue.

were is all the promised help and propaganda, what could they do when they got here if not pass bucks.

we are going to solve our problem our way.

when i was a kid, my mama use to cover me or my siblings with cloth while a bucket of different kind of cooked agbo is under the same cloth, heating my system and all trace of fever. i never visited the hospital till i went to campus

today BMH and their doctors are feeling funky because i feel mamas way is achaic and primitive, why becuase the west say so.

tell them we have NAFDAC and if they certitify the drug to be ok for consumtion , be it pesticide, herbicide or insectide should not be their problem

Never believed there are still some sane people in Nigeria especially on nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 15, 2014
Wow, I realy like comment of so many people on this thread, it shows we are no more dummys we use to be

3 Likes

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 15, 2014
Chigold101: na brain u no get. Who discovered ebola in 1976? How persons ebola killed in 1976? What stoped it in that 1976? What stoped it in ivory cost in 1994? Why is ebola killing today we have more advanced medical equipment than in 1976 when we have little or nothing. U know nothing about programing & long term planning. If i were u i will use my brain more than my mouth...

You're right on the money about the bold. It's all politics - they need to give Africans the cure and stop messing around!

What two Professors from Oxford and Cambridge said about Ebola a few days ago(even top white academics are pissed about how they're treating Africans):

Jeremy Farrar, professor of Tropical medicine at the University of Oxford and director of the Wellcome Trust, claimed the mounting death toll was "unacceptable".

"It would be unethical not to acknowledge that potential new treatments could both save lives and reduce transmission in this and future outbreaks," he told the Washington Post.

"We have more than 450 deaths [now it is over 600] so far, and not a single individual has been offered anything beyond tepid sponging and 'we'll bury you nicely'," Farrar told a separate Reuters interviewer. "It's just unacceptable."

Professor Farrar is not alone in questioning whether the West is doing enough to cure a virus that has, so far, only killed people in Africa.

"Farrar is one million per cent right," said Dr Peter Walsh, a biological anthropologist at the University of Cambridge, who has studied the spread of Ebola. "There's absolutely no ethical question involved here. The question is financial and political. To license the drugs that are currently being developed will take years and years. The problem is there is no commercial market in Africa. If this was Western Europe, or North America, we would have a vaccine," he told HuffPost UK.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/07/30/ebola_0_n_5633405.html

1 Like

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by Prymestrr(m): 5:26pm On Aug 15, 2014
GozieDiora: In as much as I do not admire this our over-dependence on America, let's engage a little touch of reality here. We simply can not disentangle ourselves from them, not just yet. Nigeria, just like any other African country, can not just turn her back on the Western world knowing well enough that we still depend on them for a whole lot of things. Only an ignorant African would go typing "To hell with the Western world!" using a phone made in the Western world. Their brains might not be better but they have surely gone far beyond us. Yes, they are far more advanced and the more we advance, the more they advance too; It's just sad that they seem to be taking advantage of that. But then, what would have been the case if Nigeria were the one in power? I no fit shout......
Dude u talking trash. It's high time Nigeria worked on her self-dependence. If u can reason objectively without prejudice then u would understand that US isolation of Nigeria from their foreign aid policy n refusal 2 grant Mzapp is not unconnected 2 Nigeria's refusal 2 the revert it's ANTI GAY LAW. It's time we worked 4 ourselves. After all EUROPE was rebuilt 2 what it is 2day after it was ravaged by the disaster of the 2nd world war.

2 Likes

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by marvmurphy(m): 5:26pm On Aug 15, 2014
emmydeep: US IS BEHIND EBOLA OUT-BREAK IN AFRICA.
I totally accept with u
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by anonimi: 5:27pm On Aug 15, 2014
GozieDiora: In as much as I do not admire this our over-dependence on America, let's engage a little touch of reality here. We simply can not disentangle ourselves from them, not just yet. Nigeria, just like any other African country, can not just turn her back on the Western world knowing well enough that we still depend on them for a whole lot of things. Only an ignorant African would go typing "To hell with the Western world!" using a phone made in the Western world. Their brains might not be better but they have surely gone far beyond us. Yes, they are far more advanced and the more we advance, the more they advance too; It's just sad that they seem to be taking advantage of that. But then, what would have been the case if Nigeria were the one in power? I no fit shout......

You have made a very sensible post unlike our fellow compatriots whining with plenty emotions. In real life, emotions don't cut it. We need to get real not only as individuals but also as a society/nation/race/continent.

The highlighted part is not completely true however going by the experience of Asian giants like India, China, Japan and South Korea. As just an example, let me share the story of TV development with you:

Electromechanical television

The beginnings of mechanical television can be traced back to the discovery of the photoconductivity of the element selenium by Willoughby Smith in 1873, the invention of a scanning disk by Paul Gottlieb Nipkow in 1884 and John Logie Baird's demonstration of televised moving images in 1926.

As a 23-year-old German university student, Nipkow proposed and patented the first electromechanical television system in 1884.[1] Although he never built a working model of the system, variations of Nipkow's spinning-disk "image rasterizer" for television became exceedingly common, and remained in use until 1939.[2] Constantin Perskyi had coined the word television in a paper read to the International Electricity Congress at the International World Fair in Paris on August 25, 1900. Perskyi's paper reviewed the existing electromechanical technologies, mentioning the work of Nipkow and others.[3] However, it was not until 1907 that developments in amplification tube technology, by Lee de Forest and Arthur Korn among others, made the design practical.[4]

The first demonstration of the instantaneous transmission of images was by Georges Rignoux and A. Fournier in Paris in 1909. A matrix of 64 selenium cells, individually wired to a mechanical commutator, served as an electronic retina. In the receiver, a type of Kerr cell modulated the light and a series of variously angled mirrors attached to the edge of a rotating disc scanned the modulated beam onto the display screen. A separate circuit regulated synchronization. The 8x8 pixel resolution in this proof-of-concept demonstration was just sufficient to clearly transmit individual letters of the alphabet. An updated image was transmitted "several times" each second.[5]

In 1911, Boris Rosing and his student Vladimir Zworykin created a television system that used a mechanical mirror-drum scanner to transmit, in Zworykin's words, "very crude images" over wires to the "Braun tube" (cathode ray tube or "CRT"wink in the receiver. Moving images were not possible because, in the scanner, "the sensitivity was not enough and the selenium cell was very laggy".[6]

On March 25, 1925, Scottish inventor John Logie Baird gave the first public demonstration of televised silhouette images in motion, at Selfridge's Department Store in London.[7] AT&T's Bell Telephone Laboratories transmitted halftone still images of transparencies in May 1925. On June 13 of that year, Charles Francis Jenkins transmitted the silhouette image of a toy windmill in motion, over a distance of five miles from a naval radio station in Maryland to his laboratory in Washington, D.C., using a lensed disk scanner with a 48-line resolution.[8][9]

However, if television is defined as the live transmission of moving images with continuous tonal variation, Baird first achieved this privately on October 2, 1925. But strictly speaking, Baird had not yet achieved moving images for his scanner worked at only five images per second, below the threshold required to give the illusion of motion, usually defined as at least 12 images per second. By January, he had improved the scan rate to 12.5 images per second.[citation needed] Then on January 26, 1926 Baird gave what is widely recognized as being the world's first demonstration of a working television system, to members of the Royal Institution and a newspaper reporter from The Times, at his laboratory in 22 Frith Street, Soho, London.[10] Unlike later electronic systems with several hundred lines of resolution, Baird's vertically scanned image, using a scanning disk embedded with a double spiral of lenses, had only 30 lines, just enough to reproduce a recognizable human face.

In 1927, Baird transmitted a signal over 438 miles (705 km) of telephone line between London and Glasgow. In 1928, Baird's company (Baird Television Development Company/Cinema Television) broadcast the first transatlantic television signal, between London and New York, and the first shore-to-ship transmission. He also demonstrated an electromechanical color, infrared (dubbed "Noctovision"wink, and stereoscopic television, using additional lenses, disks and filters. In parallel, Baird developed a video disk recording system dubbed "Phonovision"; a number of the Phonovision recordings, dating back to 1927, still exist.[11] In 1929, he became involved in the first experimental electromechanical television service in Germany. In November of the same year, Baird and Bernard Natan of Pathé established France's first television company, Télévision-Baird-Natan. In 1931, he made the first outdoor remote broadcast, of the Epsom Derby.[12] In 1932, he demonstrated ultra-short wave television. Baird's electromechanical system reached a peak of 240-lines of resolution on BBC television broadcasts in 1936 though the mechanical system did not scan the televised scene directly. Instead a 17.5mm film was shot, rapidly developed and then scanned while the film was still wet. On November 2, 1936 the BBC began transmitting the world's first public television service from the Victorian Alexandra Palace in north London[13] following alternate daily test broadcasts of the Baird and Marconi systems to the Radio Show at Olympia at the end of August. It therefore claims to be the birthplace of television broadcasting as we know it today. The intermediate film system was discontinued within three months in favour of a 405-line all-electronic system developed by Marconi-EMI.[14]

Herbert E. Ives and Frank Gray of Bell Telephone Laboratories gave a dramatic demonstration of mechanical television on April 7, 1927. The reflected-light television system included both small and large viewing screens. The small receiver had a two-inch-wide by 2.5-inch-high screen. The large receiver had a screen 24 inches wide by 30 inches high. Both sets were capable of reproducing reasonably accurate, monochromatic moving images. Along with the pictures, the sets also received synchronized sound. The system transmitted images over two paths: first, a copper wire link from Washington to New York City, then a radio link from Whippany, New Jersey. Comparing the two transmission methods, viewers noted no difference in quality. Subjects of the telecast included Secretary of Commerce Herbert Hoover. A flying-spot scanner beam illuminated these subjects. The scanner that produced the beam had a 50-aperture disk. The disc revolved at a rate of 18 frames per second, capturing one frame about every 56 milliseconds. (Today's systems typically transmit 30 or 60 frames per second, or one frame every 33.3 or 16.7 milliseconds respectively.) Television historian Albert Abramson underscored the significance of the Bell Labs demonstration: "It was in fact the best demonstration of a mechanical television system ever made to this time. It would be several years before any other system could even begin to compare with it in picture quality."[15]

Meanwhile in the Soviet Union, Léon Theremin had been developing a mirror drum-based television, starting with 16 lines resolution in 1925, then 32 lines and eventually 64 using interlacing in 1926, and as part of his thesis on May 7, 1926 he electrically transmitted and then projected near-simultaneous moving images on a five foot square screen.[9] By 1927 he achieved an image of 100 lines, a resolution that was not surpassed until 1931 by RCA, with 120 lines.[citation needed]

On December 25, 1925, Kenjiro Takayanagi demonstrated a television system with a 40-line resolution that employed a Nipkow disk scanner and CRT display at Hamamatsu Industrial High School in Japan. This prototype is still on display at the Takayanagi Memorial Museum in Shizuoka University, Hamamatsu Campus. His research in creating a production model was halted by the US after Japan lost World War II.[16]

More from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_television

You will notice that there is no mention whatsoever of South Korea.
However today, Samsung and LG (South Korean companies) are among the leading names in TV sets.

In short we can advance more than the West has done so far if we COMMIT ourselves to it.

1 Like

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by wilbertchaniwa1: 5:27pm On Aug 15, 2014
Wow. This is crazy
Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by Proxy001(m): 5:28pm On Aug 15, 2014
joker5180: can you imagine, lagos, nigeria's capital? these people know nothing about us
u are d only one DAT saw what I saw.... Yeye Yanks

1 Like

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 15, 2014
If we cannot help ourselves We should just look to China for help and dam America I swear. If China could help themselves against bird flu. Then this should be a work over. Besides as my dad says thank God for Russia and China. They seem to be the ones putting America in their place.

2 Likes

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by pussyeater(m): 5:28pm On Aug 15, 2014
marvmurphy: I totally accept with u
U well at all?

There is no specific treatment for the disease. Efforts to help those who are infected are supportive and include giving either oral rehydration therapy (slightly sweet and salty water to drink) or intravenous fluids. The disease has a high mortality rate, often killing between 50% and 90% of those infected with the virus. EVD was first identified in Sudan and the Democratic Republic of the Congo. The disease typically occurs in outbreaks in tropical regions of Sub-Saharan Africa From 1976 (when it was first identified) through 2013, fewer than 1,000 people per year have been infected. The largest outbreak to date is the ongoing 2014 West Africa Ebola outbreak, which is affecting Guinea, Sierra Leone, Liberia, and Nigeria. As of August 2014, more than 1,750 suspected cases have been reported. Efforts are ongoing to develop a vaccine; however, none yet exists

1 Like

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 15, 2014
hollandis:
Why shouldnt they want it free of charge ?Is that a crime .These guys are killing people in the name of hoarding vaccines.Are you blind to see there is racism involved ,because Nigeria is a black country and Africannnn? Dont you understand ? Did WHO meet to vaccinate the 2 americans and the spanish priest.You know it i Nigerians that kill each other right .You know the truth ,but a blindness whether intentional or not,makes you fold your hands and arms and notnsee the reality
Do u know the meaning of a vaccine? vaccine is never used as a curative drug
Do u know a lot people has died in Sierra Leone and Liberia than in Nigeria where we can still contain it and hence they need the better sympathy?
what research evidence supports nano silver as an antiviral?...
Do u know that FDA did not mention nano silver?
And to correct you... ......Patrick Sawyer came to Nigeria as a Liberian diplomat.... And not as an American.
Lastly, I don't disprove your conspiracy theory, but my level of intelligence would not accept that reasoning except you can support ur fact

5 Likes

Re: Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US by presiade(m): 5:30pm On Aug 15, 2014
Refusing to send ZMAPP to Nigeria is their sanction against Nigeria's anti-gay stance... US evil people...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

How to cure darkspots on the face left from pimples / 81-Year-Old Russian Grandma Comes Back To Life 7Hours After Being Declared Dead / Ene, Emaciated Lady In Ajah Is Rehabilitated (New Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.