Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,007 members, 7,825,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

[Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z (16253 Views)

How To Root The Infinix Hot X507 And Infinix Hot Note X551 Without Pc / How To Root The New Infinix Hot X507 Android Phone / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

[Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by cabsco(m): 12:45pm On Aug 15, 2014
Have you just brought your own Tecno Phantom Z and looking forward to root it? Well, you need not to stress much.

There're two ways to root your Phantom Z, and the good news is you don't need a PC. Read more and download the tools needed to root your Phantom Z from the link below.

[The page has been updated and an one click root app that is capable of rooting the device has been confirmed, click the link below to root yours NOW..!!!] Make sure you enable data connection.

[Update 18/12/2014] GOOD NEWS: Kingroot tool also rocks on the newly launched Tecno Phantom Z Mini a.k.a Tecno A7 Mini, if you've just bought this smartphone younger brother you need not to stress much. Same rooting process applied to both. Works for Tecno R5 and Tecno L7 too, have fun.

http://www.ccnworldtech.com/2014/08/one-click-root-for-tecno-phantom-z.html

Lest i forget, many people really do wanna change their IMEI number, this tutorial will guide you all the way -> http://www.ccnworldtech.com/2014/09/full-procedures-on-how-to-change.html

Update:

For those who have been looking for Phantom Z custom recovery, you can get it from here: http://www.ccnworldtech.com/2015/04/easy-guide-how-to-flash-custom-recovery.html
Have Fun.
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by Shokolokobango: 4:51am On Aug 19, 2014
Whatever was given was crap non of them worked

1 Like

Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by Calebrity(m): 10:20am On Aug 19, 2014
Neither TowelRoot nor RootMaster is working on Tecno Phantom Z.
Any ideas out there?
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by Shokolokobango: 4:53am On Aug 20, 2014
Can you imagine the root tool writing "this is really one hard phone to root" after failing to root.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by ocline60: 1:44pm On Aug 20, 2014
Both root methods did not work. Scrap!
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by cabsco(m): 8:38am On Aug 22, 2014
Has anyone tried Framaroot? Its also on the page
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by abdulaz: 11:55am On Aug 22, 2014
Go to Google and search for 'Baidu root', English version. This root app is designed for all MTK devices.
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by FKO1(m): 2:08pm On Aug 22, 2014
ROCKING VROOT SHA
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by Shokolokobango: 4:56pm On Aug 22, 2014
Framaroot is also crap.
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by Shokolokobango: 4:58pm On Aug 22, 2014
Vroot is also another big crap.
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by cabsco(m): 6:35pm On Aug 22, 2014
Shokolokobango: Vroot is also another big crap.

Are you really using Phantom Z or you are just...?
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by cabsco(m): 6:37pm On Aug 22, 2014
abdulaz: Go to Google and search for 'Baidu root', English version. This root app is designed for all MTK devices.

Hope not old MTK devices and Android versions
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by cabsco(m): 7:07am On Aug 23, 2014
Can someone try this PC One-Click root app, it was given by an india friend. Pls if it works in rooting your Phantom Z comment below so i can change the content on my page, and if it doesn't work just let me know so i can do more research and meet up with developers to get a working one. We Must Root Phantom Z, its a MUST..!! http://www.shuame.com/en/root/
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by Shokolokobango: 12:31pm On Aug 23, 2014
Yeah I am using tecno phantom z do you have any problem with that?
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by Shokolokobango: 12:49pm On Aug 23, 2014
Shokolokobango: Yeah I am using tecno phantom z do you have any problem with that?
Baidu root also not working
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by Shokolokobango: 12:55pm On Aug 23, 2014
cabsco:

Are you really using Phantom Z or you are just...?
Yeah tecno -A7 or do you know of any other tecno phantom z model.
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by cabsco(m): 12:55pm On Aug 23, 2014
Shokolokobango: Yeah I am using tecno phantom z do you have any problem with that?

Try this one and let us know how it goes http://www.shuame.com/en/root/

Note: Requires PC,and make sure you turn on Devlopers settings and enable USB Debugging.
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by Shokolokobango: 1:01pm On Aug 23, 2014
Eroot not working
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by cabsco(m): 2:39pm On Aug 26, 2014
Pls can someone confirm if Root Genius works? http://www.shuame.com/en/root/
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by Shokolokobango: 5:36pm On Aug 27, 2014
Root genius not working
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by kadhtobi: 7:23pm On Aug 27, 2014
08087833225 whatsapp only I'll root the phantom Z for 5k but we have to meet I'm lagos, if you can get to lasu then contact me grin
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by kadhtobi: 7:28pm On Aug 27, 2014
That's proof

1 Like

Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by Calebrity(m): 8:37am On Aug 28, 2014
@kadhtobi.. how did you root the phantom Z
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by cabsco(m): 5:44pm On Aug 28, 2014
Don't mind that bloody guy, ppl who created those exploit self do freely give it out without demanding anything, we know his type. barau.

Phantom Z do uses this chipset mtk6592, follow the instruction on this page and let me know if it works for you http://www.gizbeat.com/2132/twrp-cwm-recovery-and-root-mtk6592-mtk6582-mtk6589/
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by kadhtobi: 8:37pm On Aug 28, 2014
cabsco: Don't mind that bloody guy, ppl who created those exploit self do freely give it out without demanding anything, we know his type. barau.
Phantom Z do uses this chipset mtk6592, follow the instruction on this page and let me know if it works for you http://www.gizbeat.com/2132/twrp-cwm-recovery-and-root-mtk6592-mtk6582-mtk6589/

Name calling? Oh well good luck finding the method then, try that link, it would help...or will it? tongue
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by Vennesa(m): 12:01am On Aug 29, 2014
pls is it possible to change the imei number of techno Phantom Z just like the normal way of changing other tecno phones?
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by cabsco(m): 7:53am On Aug 29, 2014
Vennesa: pls is it possible to change the imei number of techno Phantom Z just like the normal way of changing other tecno phones?

When u called, u mean this? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.themonsterit.EngineerStarter&hl=en

Its only a debugging tool not meant for rooting.
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by Shokolokobango: 3:52pm On Sep 01, 2014
I have just rooted my tecno Phantom z using kingroot tool.
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by Demmzy15(m): 1:06am On Sep 02, 2014
Shokolokobango: Can you imagine the root tool writing "this is really one hard phone to root" after failing to root.

LwkmdLwkmd grin
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by Demmzy15(m): 1:07am On Sep 02, 2014
Shokolokobango: I have just rooted my tecno Phantom z using kingroot tool.

Pls hw much did you buy ur own and from where?
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by walesy4real(m): 12:54pm On Sep 05, 2014
Shokolokobango: I have just rooted my tecno Phantom z using kingroot tool.

How did u achieved that? pls more info
Re: [Updated] How To Root The Newly Launched Tecno Phantom Z by walesy4real(m): 1:43pm On Sep 05, 2014
Pls did u root ur phone?
kadhtobi: That's proof

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Long Have You Been Using Your Current Earpiece? / How To Browse For Free In The Night [MTN] / Jumia Marathon Delivery Testimonies/complains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.