Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,320 members, 7,957,854 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:06 PM

Siblings............. - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Siblings............. (40070 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Siblings............. by Hameenat94(f): 7:31pm On Aug 22, 2014
[quote author=Flakkydagirl]This story is open to comment,and no horrible comments please,you can read,re-read and even recommend to your friends.

Let your constructive criticism roll in too....

Here comes Siblings N Neighbours[/quote
tapping my feet.... My pop corn nd zobo will soon finish jare
Re: Siblings............. by dammygoody(m): 10:52pm On Aug 22, 2014
Sits comfortably.....
Re: Siblings............. by Ziziola: 12:23am On Aug 23, 2014
Aunty Flakk when is the main show nw?
Re: Siblings............. by Flakkydagirl: 4:52pm On Aug 23, 2014
Prologue

The young lady stood by the wine toyota camry,wearing an enchanting smile across her face as she gazed into the eye of her companion,her hands playing with her braided long hair.She wore a white cashmere sweater and blue jeans to match.

The man folded his hands across his chest over his Tomwest brown polo,smiling at the young woman whose's smile was capable of melting the iceiest of heart.He removed his hand from the pocket of his black jean.

Each time time the man says a word,the lady would laugh exposing a well arranged row of beautiful and sparkling set of white teeth.

Only God knows what they were talking about happily,probably lost in their own world.

Osagiemwenagbon's anger brewed as he matched the brakes,

"You had better not be asking her out." he said aloud,as the car screeched to an halt infront of the Afro Supermarket.He had a good view of the two people standing by the road side.

Scratching his head hastily,the first thought that crossed his mind was to deliver a hot slap to the man,but he maintained his calm.

His left hand on the steering,he turned on the ignition with his other hand,he drove hastily past the unsuspecting friends,making sure to spew enough dust in the air as he drove away....

2 Likes

Re: Siblings............. by chii8(f): 5:09pm On Aug 23, 2014
First to sign in
Re: Siblings............. by Princesschi(f): 5:19pm On Aug 23, 2014
2nd to sign in.

Nice start mama, bring it on
Re: Siblings............. by Flakkydagirl: 5:27pm On Aug 23, 2014
chii8: First to sign in
Welcome on board Chii8.
Princesschi: 2nd to sign in.
Nice start mama, bring it on
⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶ madam...
Re: Siblings............. by Flakkydagirl: 5:29pm On Aug 23, 2014
Omotalkie ⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶ A̶̲̥̅ bunch......
Re: Siblings............. by Vickthoriah(f): 6:13pm On Aug 23, 2014
*checking in with popcorn nd youghurt*.....nyc update ..following
Re: Siblings............. by debybeautyworld(f): 6:53pm On Aug 23, 2014
just signed in, pls keep it coming. nice work ma'am
Re: Siblings............. by TroubleMaker01(f): 8:11pm On Aug 23, 2014
@ op God saved u say u don update i 4 don blast u hv been checking 4 d past 1 week totally not cool.nyc update
Re: Siblings............. by Hameenat94(f): 8:15pm On Aug 23, 2014
I hp say no b over-protective- siblings b dis 1 oh...... Still anticipating
Re: Siblings............. by Queenxstar(f): 8:21pm On Aug 23, 2014
The stage is set.
Re: Siblings............. by momatush(f): 8:41pm On Aug 23, 2014
Hot prologue, following u till d end
Re: Siblings............. by jummy604: 12:42pm On Aug 24, 2014
Following
Re: Siblings............. by Flakkydagirl: 1:09pm On Aug 24, 2014
jummy604: Following
Welcome jummy604.....
momatush: Hot prologue, following u till d end
Good to hear that moma.
Queenxstar: The stage is set.
Yes o SnN on pointt.
Hameenat94: I hp say no b over-protective- siblings b dis 1 oh...... Still anticipating
HeLlo madam...relax while I take you on A̶̲̥̅ ride.
TroubleMaker01: @ op God saved u say u don update i 4 don blast u hv been checking 4 d past 1 week totally not cool.nyc update
Troublemaker indeed...thnks.
debybeautyworld: just signed in, pls keep it coming. nice work ma'am
Welcome deby...
Vickthoriah: *checking in with popcorn nd youghurt*.....nyc update ..following
GOod...
Re: Siblings............. by Princesschi(f): 1:12pm On Aug 24, 2014
Will there be any update 2day?
I double sight u mama Flakky.

Happy sundae Fam
Re: Siblings............. by Hameenat94(f): 1:18pm On Aug 24, 2014
Relax takia my zobo nd pop corn
Re: Siblings............. by Flakkydagirl: 4:54pm On Aug 24, 2014
Princesschi: Will there be any update 2day?
I double sight u mama Flakky.

Happy sundae Fam
I wish I could......but my head is threatening to explode with D̶̲̥̅̊ɪ̣̝̇§! Oº°˚˚˚° headache jare.

Maybe I wiLl sha......maybe
Hameenat94: Relax takia my zobo nd pop corn
not here please,I'll ask the girls to serve you fried chicken with chilled orange drink .

Swtangeljones.....thnks A̶̲̥̅ bunch....
Debybeautyworld...tnks, I sight you...
Re: Siblings............. by TroubleMaker01(f): 5:06pm On Aug 24, 2014
@ op what do u mean
Re: Siblings............. by Flakkydagirl: 6:30pm On Aug 24, 2014
Chapter 1

The akara was getting fried already,the noise of frying in hot oil enveloped the kitchen.She picked the spoon with her right hand and began to turn the akara.

After bringing out the first round of fried beans cake,she looked up to heaven in prayer of ⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶,she was glad to be escaping from another round of scolding from her mother.She had measured the water D̶̲̥̅̊ɪ̣̝̇§! Oº°˚˚˚° time around to avoid having A̶̲̥̅ watery bean cake like the last time.She picked the spoon and measured another round of bean cake into the hot oil.Taking. A̶̲̥̅ glance at the sink where some dirty plates sat,she wished her elder brother was back from work,he would have helped put with these loads of duty heaped on her unlike lazy Efosa her younger brother who was good at nothing but computer games.

She moved around the spacious kitchen with an apron tied securedly around her neck,their's was A̶̲̥̅ U shaped modern kittchen with the equipments to ease your work.Cooking was fun for her except when she was angry.

And D̶̲̥̅̊ɪ̣̝̇§! Oº°˚˚˚° evening she was angry,and no other one than her dad was the author of her anger,she fried the last set of bean cake and moved on to boil water for pap.

"AdeSuwa" A̶̲̥̅ sweet male voice sounded from behind her,she didn't need to turn. To know who had just saNg her name.She had often argued with her elder. Brother that he had the sweetest of voice for A̶̲̥̅ grown up man,je just wouldn't agree with her.

Her elder brother was loving,caring,attentive,understanding and more.Osagie was A̶̲̥̅ bunch of art with his striking handsome,he was just too good for A̶̲̥̅ man.Some of her friends have pleaded with her to throw in A̶̲̥̅ word on their behalf to see if cute Osagie would give them A̶̲̥̅ trial.But she knew better.She was the one enjoying all the attention and more.She secretly envied the lady who would win his heart...and walk down the aisle with him.That was not anytime soon by the way.

She felt his hands around her waist,turning around she embraced him lingering in his arms for A̶̲̥̅. Moment.
"Hello big brother" she said returning to continue her work,as she brought out A̶̲̥̅ bowl to mix the pap.Osagie knew that something was wrong instantly,his sister would have kissed him in her usual way but tonight he was sure the kiss wasn't forthcoming.

His eyes traced the aroma of the freshly fried akara to A̶̲̥̅ covered bowl,and without permission he sank his hand in and lifted A̶̲̥̅ oil dripping piece of bean cake into his mouth,dripping oil on his shirt.

Adesuwa glanced at her brother but didn't say A̶̲̥̅ word.He picked another one and fast it went into his mouth.

"Yummy." He smiled knowing fully well that her sister was not in A̶̲̥̅ good mood,he had expected her spoon to knock off his hand at the first attempt talk more of attempt another two.

"What is wrong with you?" Osagiewenagbon asked his beautiful sister,moving towards her,he held her hands in his and kissed them.he knew her better than any other person in the whole wide world.

Adesuwa was mute pretending not to have heard him,"Tell me what happened to you" he said carefully speaking into her ears.

"Stop it." She laughed,her voice was sonorus,soft and comforting to the ears,he watched as she fluttered her dark long lashes,they were natural and void of mascara like an onlooker from A̶̲̥̅ distance would think,beautifully shaped eyebrow without any artificial colouring in her attempt to speak.

Adesuwa looked slender in her blue sleeveless gown,it seemed hard to believe that she was twenty two already,her chocolate complexion shone brightly matching her big eyeballs with brown eyes.Osagie smiled warmly looking into her eyes,
"Its papa" she said looking away,they had always wondered why an educated man like their father would insist on being called papa.

"What's did dad do?" He asked.

"He siezed my phone." She said.

Osagie wasn't surprised,knowing their father as A̶̲̥̅ great disciplinarian,he pastored A̶̲̥̅ church of over three hundred members.He had no time for nuisance as he would always beat into the ears of his three children.

As the first child,Osagie had come to know and to love his parents because they were two kind hearted and loving people.
"What was your offence?" He asked trying to be reasonable.As he pulled off his tie and unbuttoned his shirt.

Adesuwa explained to him,that she was playing music with her phone and their father had chided her for listening to secular music in his house,and what pained her so much was that he had done that in the presence of Efosa her younger brother who would not stop taunting her with it.

Osagie excused himself and returned after some minute,"Have mine." He said handing her his own phone.

"No need,I'll take care of myself." Adesuwa said as she uncovered the pot of boiling water pouring the mixed pap into it,Osagie used the turning stick to turn the pap.They served the pap into small cups and akara in another bowl.Placing the can of milk on the tray.

They set the table for dinner,their parent had gone visiting and would be back anytime soon.Osagie assisted his sister in clearing out the kitchen.he was heading to his room when the door bell sounded.

Adesuwa got the door,and by their voice he knew their parents have arrived.Turning back he headed to the sitting room,he had to have A̶̲̥̅ word with him about his sister's phone and now was the time.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Siblings............. by Flakkydagirl: 6:33pm On Aug 24, 2014
What do you think about D̶̲̥̅̊ɪ̣̝̇§! Oº°˚˚˚° first chapter though I haven't finished it.......

Good evening...
Re: Siblings............. by udison(m): 8:29pm On Aug 24, 2014
Aunту flakky...hope my siblings wont graduate from kissing to _____.. . .

1 Like

Re: Siblings............. by Flakkydagirl: 9:20pm On Aug 24, 2014
Rukayatd grin grin
Candis angry angry
Momatush..... angry angry
udison: Aunту flakky...hope my siblings wont graduate from kissing to _____.. . .
Re: Siblings............. by chii8(f): 10:20pm On Aug 24, 2014
Hmmm,nice one op,buh i was thinkn u shud stick to either d beancake or akara
Re: Siblings............. by bumsiee: 10:21pm On Aug 24, 2014
Flakkydagirl: What do you think about D̶̲̥̅̊ɪ̣̝̇§! Oº°˚˚˚° first chapter though I haven't finished it.......

Good evening...
. Its good ma. Keep it up.
Re: Siblings............. by Flakkydagirl: 10:48pm On Aug 24, 2014
Chapter 1contd....

"You will not talk to me in that manner young man." KeNneth said dropping his black bible on the reading table in the sitting room.

Osagie was A̶̲̥̅ carboncopy of his father in terms of look and stature,he stOod tall as he spoke to his father.He had his nother's caring gene in him.When it comes to taking care of others he was the best.

"But papa you shouldn't have ceized her phone nonetheless."He maintained making room for his father to pass.

Kenneth walked out of the sitting room without as much as A̶̲̥̅ sideward glance at his son.
"Stop staring at me like that." Sarah said following her husband.His mother was just too soft,she was A̶̲̥̅ calm woman who never liked to argue.

After dinner papa returned Adesuwa's phone to her,Adesuwa smiled giving her brother A̶̲̥̅ cute smile.
"No more of such music in my house."He said.

Adesuwa nodded her head as she switched on her phone,Osagie was glad that she looked happy again.

The Odika's lived in A̶̲̥̅ five bedroom flat in quEen's estate here in Lagos.Kenneth and Sarah were happily married and their union was blessed with three beautiful children,Osagiewenagbon,Adesuwa and Efosa.They hailed from Aigere in Edo state.

Kenneth was A̶̲̥̅ pastor while Sarah was A̶̲̥̅ secondary school teacher,they tutored their children in the way of the Lord and constantly prayed for them.

ThE family was A̶̲̥̅ very happy and exciting one,they shared their love and pain together.When Osagie graduated from the University everyone was so happy for him,he proceeded on for his youth corps and afterwards A̶̲̥̅ masters degree.And now he was gainfully employed with A̶̲̥̅ reputable company in Lagos earning A̶̲̥̅ six digit salary just at twenty five.

Not long afterwards Adesuwa who was following in her brother's step also graduated from A̶̲̥̅ prestigious university,and she had just returned home after her youth service in kwara state.

Notable among all was Efosa,meaning God's wealth.He was the youngest of them and very brilliant too.He topped the class after every examination.He would even boast of his scores before their results were released.It wasn't A̶̲̥̅ surprise when he passed his Waec,Neco and Jamb in flying colours,he proceeded to write his post utme which landed him in his present sophomore year in university of Lagos studying law.

Everyone was doing just fine,adesuwa and Osagie closed the gate to their compound after returning from their usual stroll.Where the two would share how they spent the day and their plan for the next.

It wasn't A̶̲̥̅ surprise that the two were very close,they had been taught by their parent to be so.

The noise of shattering plates broke the silence of the night,as the two stopped on the staircase.They were used to the constant fight of their neighbours the Ubah's.They wondered if ever A̶̲̥̅ day would come that A̶̲̥̅ fight would not ensue in their flat.

The Ubah's were just like family friends,the two families had grown to love each other.
The Ubah's were blessed with two children,Nosakhare and Esosa who were twenty four and twenty one respectively.

Osagie travelled back to the present,holding her sister's hand,he bade her goodnight and waited for her to go into her room and lock the door before retiring to his own room.

He switched on the bulb and pulled of the polo and shorts he was wearing.He took A̶̲̥̅ shower and wore his pyjamas before falling into bed.He switched off the light.

Ping

It was A̶̲̥̅ good night text message from Adesuwa,he smiled while he read the message.Scrolling to his draft messages he sent her A̶̲̥̅ message too..He prayed to God to guide and protect his family as they all slept.He was already drifting off to sleep world when A̶̲̥̅ call came through.

Opening one of his eye to check the caller,it was Hameenat.He punched the reject button and switched off his phone.

2 Likes

Re: Siblings............. by Flakkydagirl: 10:49pm On Aug 24, 2014
chii8: Hmmm,nice one op,buh i was thinkn u shud stick to either d beancake or akara
Alright...⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶.
bumsiee: . Its good ma. Keep it up.
Thnks dear...
Re: Siblings............. by AudreyTimms(f): 7:42am On Aug 25, 2014
*crying like a baby* Dis is d reason y I dnt lyk reading frm oda writers. Instead of me 2 enjoy d story, I'll b seeing my flaws in such beautiful writing. I luv ur descriptive ability. I think its coming out fine. Amma stay glued 2 learn more. *sniffs and reaches out for an akara ball*
Re: Siblings............. by SexySapphire(f): 8:53am On Aug 25, 2014
I'm sure dis story is going to be a beautiful one as usual of Flakky, she never cease to thrill us. Glad dat I didn't come here late. Loving the Odikas already. Ride on Flakky.
Re: Siblings............. by PrinceAdepoju(m): 2:06pm On Aug 25, 2014
AudreyTimms: *crying like a baby* Dis is d reason y I dnt lyk reading frm oda writers. Instead of me 2 enjoy d story, I'll b seeing my flaws in such beautiful writing. I luv ur descriptive ability. I think its coming out fine. Amma stay glued 2 learn more. *sniffs and reaches out for an akara ball*
*seizes her hand and stops her from taking the akara*

Crying babies don't have appetite to eat na. When you stop crying you can come back for it.

*pats her back and leads her out*
Oya, let's go and continue on that side.
We will come back when Flakkydagirl finishes the frying.
Re: Siblings............. by famola(m): 7:40pm On Aug 25, 2014
I have know choice than to follow all you write up,you are bless ma.pleas keep the good work up

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

A Girl Called Fib & The Axe Of Fury / Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 83rd Birthday Today / Story] My First And Last Sex With My Sugar Mummy – Episode 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.