Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,683 members, 7,837,523 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

I Am Scared Please Help. - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Am Scared Please Help. (6000 Views)

I Am Scared Please Help. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Scared Please Help. by trendiitee(f): 12:08pm On Sep 12, 2014
satope1:

Lol...Me too i no know but I would explain that in subsequent updates.
bring ur head here ooooo and cum nd update b4 wat happened in 1840 repeats itself again.
Re: I Am Scared Please Help. by Nobody: 1:26pm On Sep 12, 2014
"Calm down I need to pick somethings from my office, I would be back shortly" Professor Lipscey said before he walked towards the exit, opened the door and gently slammed it shut.

I looked around the lab and tried concentrating on the image still displayed on the screen. Something on the screen seemed eerie and familiar. I stared harder and knew I had seen something of that nature somewhere but I couldn't just place where exactly. Curiosity they say kills the black cat, I forgot the subsiding headache I had and thanks to the water I took earlier I was feeling more at ease. I stood up and grabbed the remote controller of the projector and was sliding through the images that was on display. There were many ugly lookin creatures on the screen. Most of them dismembered but they all had the same distinct features of that green oozing fluid. I could feel a connection to the images and it was creeping me out already.

I was skipping through them faster now and there were
tons of images as I skipped through. I got tired and dropped the remote and decided to walk around the room. A big red book with a set of candles and some large mirrors set up in a triangular form on a large lab table caught my attention. I walked over to the table and tried seeing the title of the book. The spine of the red book was plain while the front which had some inscription on it was partially covered by the triangular set of mirror glasses laid on it delicately. I was about trying to move the triangular mirror when I heard the thumping sound of someone running and an instant later the brown door burst open with a loud noise with the Professor barging in full sprint. I was startled.

This was a man who was in his 70s but the way he was running now he would give Usain Bolt a run for his money. He was panting as he made his was to me and he was pointing towards my direction and mouthing some inaudible words to me. I was confused, and was rooted at the same spot. Here was a man who had just gone upstairs some few minutes back and here's him running like he had just seen a ghost. A ghost? Probably true. He whizzed past me and in seconds he was barking instructions to me.

"Stand aside".
"Carry the mirror"
"place the first one at that edge
"Put on the red light "

I don't know how I was able to achieve it but I iust knew I was carrying things and following his instructions completely like I had a premonition of things. There was something surreal about the situation as the room had become darker and even though it was the basement of a building with no windows there was a small wind gathering in the large room and the A4 papers where flying in the air and many items like calenders on the walls had been blown off their hook.

I was setting up the last large mirror at the third end which made it form like a triangle around us when the lights suddenly went off. The room was thrown into pitch darkness.

1 Like

Re: I Am Scared Please Help. by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 14, 2014
I could hear loud hisses of something invisible. I couldn't see even my hands. I waved it in the pitch darkness and all I could see was pitch black. nothing! I felt my eyes with my fingers that's when another wave of fear washed over me. Maybe I have turned blind, maybe I couldn't see again, maybe I have lost my sight. I was lost in my thoughts when I heard the shrieking voice of Professor Lipscey in pain.

I jumped and stumbled into something and fell over and hit my head against something solid. A sharp cry of pain escaped my lips. I reached into my pocket and brought out my phone. When my phone came up and i saw it I was overwhelmed with calm. At least now I know I wasn't blind. However for my flashlight to come on and remain on all through I needed to uae the video recording app. I opened the camera app and pressed the record button. The flashlight came up and the room was once again lighted up by my light.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Scared Please Help. by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 14, 2014
I beamed my flashlight on what I had tripped on. I found it was Professor Lipscey who was lying face down shaking in pains and his clothes totally wet. I crawled near him and reached over to him and tried turning him over. The lights in the lab flickered on back and the sort of whirlwind that seemed to blowing inside the basement halted few moments before stopped abruptly and the papers that were afloat in the air started descending to the floor. Calm seemed to had returned back to the room and the loud whispers coming from invisible sources had also thinned out.

My Professor turned over clutching his neck, eyes closed, blood trickling from his nose and he was coughing. I raised him into a sitting position and rested his head against the chair. My phone vibrated in my hands and a new message icon flashed on the screen. I clicked open and the message read as follows.

"nOO ReCOrrrdiNG mEE. MEE No LIKee CaMrReRRa

Mee WaaTTChing YoUUU. MEee noOO WAnTT WATcHinggg mEEE mEE. WArnnned WaRRRRNNed"

I stared at my phone in disbelief and was trying to make sense of the message. There was no sender details, just the message alone. I knew it came from none else than the Alien. The text was worded like its previous messages with the usual errors in spelling and double words. Moments later I noticed the brewing breeze in the room again and the light had flickered on and off once. I looked down at my phone and navigated away from the message screen and opened my camera and started recording again. Immediately I pressed the record button everything fizzled out and returned to normal.

I threw my fist into the air and shouted "Gotcha".

1 Like

Re: I Am Scared Please Help. by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 14, 2014
trendiitee: bring ur head here ooooo and cum nd update b4 wat happened in 1840 repeats itself again.
Lol...my head is not big. What happened in 1840?

I have updated.
Re: I Am Scared Please Help. by Nobody: 9:43pm On Sep 14, 2014
I got up and headed to where the water disperser was. I also grabbed a small towel I saw lying o one of the tables and returned to where the Professor was sitting. His breathing had calmed down and he looked relieved. His noae that was bleeding had stopped. I looked at my phone to ensure the camera was still on and recording. I gave Professor Lipscey the water. He drank a bit and handed the cup back to me. I dampened the towel with water and gave him to clean his nose and shirt that was already stained by the blood. I placed the cup of water on the floor and stood up.

"Are you okay?" The professor asked.

I looked back at him and he was already trying to stand up. "I am fine sir, feeling better now sir ?" I asked.

"Not too okay but would be fine" He responded.

Get that chair around that central table and lets get to work"

I carried the seat and placed it near the lab table. He was already seated and was already opening the big red book. I settled down and checked to make sure my camera was still on and recording.

"How did you know I was coming?" I asked.

The professor looked at me and jusk continued flipping through the book.

"What have you learnt about the gonome now?" He asked a fee moments later.

"Gonome? " I looked at him suprised. "Is that what it is called?"

The professor stood up and headed towards the projector. He turned the large screen around to me.

"You haven't found about that?"
"So what exactly have you learnt?" He continued. He flicked on a switch and a red light came on. He also went towards the three mirrors that I had set up before and adjusted their positions.

"We should be fine now" He announced.

"Fine?" I exclaimed.
"Yeah fine, you got contrary opinions?"

I stopped my camera and scrolled to the messages. I opened the message that I had received earlier and handed it over to the Professor.

He scrolled through the message .

."You got this from where?"

1 Like

Re: I Am Scared Please Help. by moski5(m): 10:19pm On Sep 14, 2014
the makings of a movie
most ladies here made my day
I'll say its fiction
I don't kno

2 Likes

Re: I Am Scared Please Help. by princesssusan(f): 11:03pm On Sep 14, 2014
Diz guy sef
U nearly giv person heart attack, i tot is a real lyf story bt now i knw beta. Mcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

3 Likes

Re: I Am Scared Please Help. by Donpoker9(m): 1:18pm On Sep 16, 2014
hehehehe!!!! odiegwu
Re: I Am Scared Please Help. by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 25, 2014
"I got it from him." I responded. I placed my hand in the back pocket of my trousers and brought out the damp envelope and handed it over to the professor.

He looked at it and had this unreadable expression written on his forehead as he read through. A mixed expression of fear and anxiety registered on his face.

From the movement of his lips. I knew he had just read the message inside the red envelope for the third time.

He heaved a deep sigh of relief and placed the envelope and phone gently back on the table. After a long pause he broke the silence.

"So you mean your camera being on was what saved me from its attack?" I nodded in affirmation.

"So it hates being recorded also?" Professor Lipscey said as he stretched his hands forward and I could hear the wrenching of muscles.

"From what just happened, I guess it does."

"But you said also. Is there any other means of scaring this thing away ?" I added.

"Yes" Professor Lipscey stood up and walked me down to where one of the mirrors were placed.

"We didn't set this up completely that's why it was able to come down here. The aim of setting the three dimensional mirror is for the alien to see an image of itself. They are incapable of attack when in their human forms and when they change into their real forms they are terrified of looking at the mirror and seeing their own image. However, you have to set up the environment well. They can't see in our own light but use their strong nasal capabilities to smell their prey. Their nasal capabilities is so developed that they have a very distinct smell for each and every single object on earth. So its very easy to spot their target based on the signatures of the object they are about to attack. They can smell you from miles away." He explained

Professor Lipscey moved away from the mirror and walked towards the table where the projector was setup. I looked down at my phone to confirm it was still recording.

1 Like

Re: I Am Scared Please Help. by WCUB3(m): 10:54am On Sep 26, 2014
satope1: I am writing straight out of my imagination. Although I have an end point and goal but the plots and actions are developed as I write.

satope1: it is

NinoBrown888: is this real?

IMAGINATION? REALITY?
Re: I Am Scared Please Help. by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 26, 2014
WCUB3:

IMAGINATION? REALITY?

Chill..just enjoy it.

Posting this in the literary section is a dead give away that tit is fiction although it might have some elememts of real life scenarios or stories from around us. Happy now?

1 Like

Re: I Am Scared Please Help. by Nobody: 3:00pm On Sep 26, 2014
"Come over here let me show you something" he said.

I moved along and stood beside him as he powered on the projector.

"You know I said they can't see in our own light. Thus making the setup of our mirror completely useless since they can't see under the normal lights. However, they can see through low level lights like infrared and xrays. The light bulb up there emits xray like lights. So since we were not able to put on the light bulb it made the whole set up useless as without the light the alien can't see itself in the mirror but thanks to you we just learnt something new. I have been researching them in he last seventeen years and it never came to my mind to try and record an event. " By the time he finished explaining, the projector had finished booting and there were those images i had seen earlier plashed on its screen.

I looked as he kept flipping through the images but my mind was still wondering and not concentrating. All he has explained and talked about does not explain how he came to know that I would be visiting him on this same subject matter. I broke the silence.

" Sir, you said you knew I was coming. Can you please shed more light on that?" I asked.

"You are still keen on knowing that? I saw a vision from a device my dad who once met with one of such creatures developed and left behind. I was telling that story specifically to you in class back then and no one else. I knew you would need help. That's all I can say for now. We got work to do and need to find the help you need" He responded.

Not satisfied. I asked him. "What kind of device is that?" He just waved me off and continued flipping through the images. These are artistic impressions of sitings of these aliens from almost fifty years back. As you can notice they all have one distinct feature I.e the greenish liquids which is actually their blood. Lets gt back to the seat I want you to narrate to me everything that happened before we move on to finding solutions. He motioned me for us to move over to the large table. I followed him and sat opposite him on the side of the table and began narrating my ordeal in the hands of the alien.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Scared Please Help. by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 26, 2014
Five minutes later I was done narrating my ordeal to hin. He looked at me and I dould see the stinge of concern in his eyes.

"That's scary. Have you checked on your neighbour?" he asked

"No. Never" I answered.

"Okay. So we have how many hours before the time on the envelope?."

"Less than two hours sir"

"You would have to go meet him."

"Go meet him? "

"Yes son"

"I don't want to sir. I am scared of this thing it would hurt me. I don't know why it wants me and that address it gave me is on a lonely street."

"Don't worry I would go with you. I have been thinking ever since you mentioned it hating cameras about some ways we could tame it."

"You sure this is going to work sir?"

"It would. These things are creatures from the outer space. According to my dad's explanation they come from a tiny unknown planet situated in between one of the twelve moons of Jupiter. They travel and wander a lot and sometimes take the form of people when on earth. According to my reaearch and data I have of past victims there is a correlation between the age and date of birth of most of their victims. I was suprised when your test file came up and you shared the same date of birth with my dad. I did some more research on you and was totally convinced they will one day come for you. Some of them are bad while some are very good things.

The good ones bring glad tidings and you seem to see their victims grow phenomenal in their careers and become rich, intelligent and famous while the bad ones maim, abduct their victims and take their place but they usually emigrate far from the environment of their victims to continue their lives and most times live a wayward and very dangerous life. They tinker with most occurrences you see happen like a perfectly healthy plane crashing, storms, destructive winds or even earth quakes in areas with no signs of tectonic plates and so on. Even the missing Malaysian plane cannot be excused ss one of their doings. They are very intelligent and weild far reaching powers. Their bodies contain lots of highly radioactive materials and you see them jamming your electronic networks or causing electricity blackouts when they come to an area in their real forms. But both the good ones and bad ones and have something in common. They don't allow their victims live long and they kill them off at very early stages. " Professor Lipscey explained.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Scared Please Help. by boladex1: 10:42am On Sep 27, 2014
ride on following am not afraid
Re: I Am Scared Please Help. by Eniqurl(f): 12:31pm On Sep 27, 2014
Followinq
Re: I Am Scared Please Help. by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 28, 2014
"That's weird and scary. I thought most space scientist agree that there are no such things as intelligent beings or aliens?" I asked.

" We all just say what we know. The universe is so complex that science has only been able to unravel maybe 2% of everything. I laugh when I see other scientist say there's no intelligent being out there or they found some God's particle and believe the world is such a self creating amd self sustaining piece of ball. Can you see the humour in their assertions?. We have thousands of stars which are billions of light years away and someone somewhere who's never been there want to tell the possibilities on there? Science without common sense and an open mind is like a blind man without his walking stick."

He carried the red book and opened it. He flipped through the pages stopping momentarily and tracing some lines with the green maker he was holding. I kept on staring at my phone and making sure it was still recording. I had enough of that scary thing and the last thing I want is it near me or injuring the Professor who wants to help me. My mind went back to what the Prof. had just said about my birthday. What's special about my birthday ? Nothing I know of. It's not synonymous with anything significant and I even sleep through it in the last few years so why would some extraterrestrial being become fancied about it? Why would it want me? To kill and take my place. I doubt this is a good one because it has strangled my neighbour and almost got to my professor and even if it were a good one I don't want its Greek gifts. I don't know when aliens turned Santa or maybe the stories about Santas is actually one of those good aliens afterall because we never get to see it come or leave and it has a way of scaring little kids. All the same I thought to myself i just want to be left alone. If it means fighting this thing, I would fight it, I am tired of running away and trying to live life under the covers. I was deep and lost in thought but was brought back to life when the professor slammed the book on the table and told me we needed to be packing and leaving for the meeting location. The word meeting alone made me sick. I can't fanthom how I would have to go face something that scary. My mind was willing but my body was just not up to the task. I am a fairly athletic person but I hated confrontations and did all my best to avoid it as far back ss high school and this wasn't even about confronting a fellow human. It's an alien for goodness sake. Something that has such enormous power and can kill. It's more like I am being led to a slaughter slab to be killed and sacrificed.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Scared Please Help. by joywendy(f): 1:15pm On Sep 28, 2014
cheesy
Re: I Am Scared Please Help. by boladex1: 12:46pm On Sep 29, 2014
weldone
Re: I Am Scared Please Help. by 5minsmadness: 6:13pm On Dec 05, 2014
Bump
Re: I Am Scared Please Help. by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 17, 2015
Back from Sambisa...Completing this tonight.
Re: I Am Scared Please Help. by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 17, 2015
I led the way as we moved out of the lab. I walked gently, balancing the heavy carton on my left shoulder which contained the three sets of large mirrors and some other equipments the Professor had gathered for our mission at the meeting point while using my right hand to hold my phone and continued recording using my phone's camera as we made our way through the dark shadows of the hall with the Professor following me in tow.

We reached outside and headed straight where the Professor's was parked. We loaded the equipment in the hood and drove out of the campus. By this time it was exactly 3:30pm...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Authors Commence Building Of Writers’ Village / Pacesetters Novels In PDF / TOBILLIONAIRE (the 19 Years Old Millionaire)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.