Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,233 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

TOBILLIONAIRE (the 19 Years Old Millionaire) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / TOBILLIONAIRE (the 19 Years Old Millionaire) (5994 Views)

Why Are There No Millionaire Fiction Writers In Nigeria? / The 19 Most Fatal Mistakes That Can Destroy Your Freelance Writing Career / Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

TOBILLIONAIRE (the 19 Years Old Millionaire) by Tobillionaire19: 12:24pm On Oct 20, 2015
Apparently this has been long overdue, but due to some self-restraints and procrastination I have been delaying this write-up for a while, but guess what? I am finally letting it all out, multitude of events has happened this past months that has propelled me to a state of spilling it all.
So grab your seatbelt and buckle up cos you are in for a long ride, I call this TOBILLIONAIRE (The 19 year old self-made Millionaire)

Trust me this is a true life story and you can be assured that I am not having any form of writers block as it is 100 per cent non-fiction and I am reeling out my true life story, basically in an interesting form a---nd……. sensual for sure. Leggo!!

23 comments needed to motivate me that I`m not some sort of radio and I will throw the first update.

PS note that I'm an active member of this forum with another moniker, but for security reasons I have to create another for this, all names of people and places will be altered moderately too. 100 percent true life story
Re: TOBILLIONAIRE (the 19 Years Old Millionaire) by NOBODYY: 12:29pm On Oct 20, 2015
Tobillionaire19:
Apparently this has been long overdue, but due to some self-restraints and procrastination I have been delaying this write-up for a while, but guess what? I am finally letting it all out, multitude of events has happened this past months that has propelled me to a state of spilling it all.
So grab your seatbelt and buckle up cos you are in for a long ride, I call this TOBILLIONAIRE (The 19 year old self-made Millionaire)

Trust me this is a true life story and you can be assured that I am not having any form of writers block as it is 100 per cent non-fiction and I am reeling out my true life story, basically in an interesting form a---nd……. sensual for sure. Leggo!!

23 comments needed to motivate me that I`m not some sort of radio and I will throw the first update.

PS note that I'm an active member of this forum with another moniker, but for security reasons I have to create another for this, all names of people and places will be altered moderately too. 100 percent true life story

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: TOBILLIONAIRE (the 19 Years Old Millionaire) by 77al: 12:31pm On Oct 20, 2015
Are i looking for comments to continue your post? Ok
Re: TOBILLIONAIRE (the 19 Years Old Millionaire) by 77al: 12:31pm On Oct 20, 2015
[quote author=NOBODYY post=39166320][/quote]
Epic

1 Like

Re: TOBILLIONAIRE (the 19 Years Old Millionaire) by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 20, 2015
grin u go wait tire......
Re: TOBILLIONAIRE (the 19 Years Old Millionaire) by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 20, 2015
Tobillionaire19:

Re: TOBILLIONAIRE (the 19 Years Old Millionaire) by Tobillionaire19: 2:42pm On Oct 20, 2015
Chapter 1 (The Orientation)

I am a 19 year old boy, lot of dreams bursting through my head and plans on my mind, dusted high school at 15 years and 8 months, well um I am pretty fastidious. The poor tertiary educational sector is affecting my admission badly, or am I too choosy?

I have always wanted to be an Akokite, no other school tickles my fancy, and meanwhile the citadel is too small for its prospective students you just have to be book and money smart, a little bit of knowing someone here and there to be admitted to study a course of your choice or any other meaningful something. (My opinion)

I tried Jamb as soon as I was done with high school, scored well but had 4 F`s in my O`level and in English and Biology too, those are my damn favourite subjects! It was not my result I can swear on my life lol. You can blame my secondary school for that, it has become a ritual for Bad High School as we fondly call it, WAEC fails ample amount of her students every year. It’s a known sacrifice the students pay; we don’t even know the cause, violent old students? Whatever! We were just victim of being pigeon-holed.

I knew about it too but I was going to test the waters, I am a very exploratory person even as a kid, I was hoping to be one of the few that breaks the jinx……well I wasn`t and I had to take the same “service lane” I should have earlier on.

Things turned sour after passing out of High School, I saw the life I wanted but then I hit the streets, and it was all farce and fantasy. Moms business was crashing down and she was the main pillar of support for my education, being the last born I felt the heat most, my siblings were grown, some married with their own accountabilities and the single ones fighting hard to survive in the cold world and sapping state of the economy.

What can a niqqa do, when things were smooth even though we were not born with silver spoon or probably bronze sef I was not the kind of kid that lacks any basic need so it was hard adapting to the life that faces me squarely now.

I started hanging out with the bro`s in the hood, I was jobless, visionless, and totally lost in trance with no idea how life is outside the four walls of high school, by now I would have had about 3 admission letter sleeping beneath my bed but they were not from Unilag and there was even no financial support…..

and just then when I thought it was over my dreams flashed through my eyes again, I met someone who knows how to set up a computer and internet on a very cheap and affordable price with a proposition of teaching me how to be an internet gangsters , he analysed everything and being a very smart ass dude who is also good with computers, it sound so easy that when I sleep all I see is Benjamin! It was time for transit.

1 Like

Re: TOBILLIONAIRE (the 19 Years Old Millionaire) by pabon(m): 4:56pm On Oct 20, 2015
Would love to see how this turns out
Continue...
Re: TOBILLIONAIRE (the 19 Years Old Millionaire) by pabon(m): 5:00pm On Oct 20, 2015
Would love to see how this turns out
Continue...
Re: TOBILLIONAIRE (the 19 Years Old Millionaire) by ValentineMary(m): 11:01pm On Oct 20, 2015
carry on.
Re: TOBILLIONAIRE (the 19 Years Old Millionaire) by obajiluke: 11:51am On Oct 21, 2015
see my comment.
Re: TOBILLIONAIRE (the 19 Years Old Millionaire) by Tobillionaire19: 1:55pm On Oct 21, 2015
Chapter 2 (Hustling hard)

Everything started changing about me; first to notice was my routine. I no longer wake up at 10:00 am instead that’s when I hit the sheets, we have formed a three man crew, I, Seyi and Koko, one of my hood brothers whom I introduced to Seyi.

We registered on different dating websites with the same ID and several pictures of an unsuspicious lady we stole online.

We will spend the whole day and nights in cyber cafés and spam out messages, the computer and internet we planned to set up was too slow so we ended up using the Cafés, besides it was more informative for us.

So there was no time to go play soccer with my friends, no time for PlayStation, no time to go sit by my mama with that puppy look in my eyes trying to get money off her, not that she even had enough for my wants anyway.

I was resolved, I was going to make my own money, I compose different convincing and romantic messages every day, trying to build my own format of working.

I started seeing the things I didn’t take cognizance of before, young boys of my age rocking designers, Gucci belts, Burberry socks, Louis Vuitton shoes, their shirts are T.M Lewins.

It was the glorious days of Blackberry, the Torch one was in vogue then, they carry it about like it was nothing and sometimes I would be carried away, my mouth agog as I would stare and wish in admiration.

Money now means everything to me, I believed money is the only solution to every human’s problem, to be recognized, celebrated, happy, have a girlfriend, be a good child, a good friend etc. it was all synonymous with money to me.

I would make a mental note of the things I would buy the moment I hammer…… but as closer as it seem I was to the Benjamin the farther it gets, the clients we have are either too shrewd or too poor.

It was frustrating and discouraging, because it has been 6 months of consistent time and money consuming hustle and still, nothing to show! My spirit has stifled I was losing interest even though I knew people were hitting it big in the game.

What really broke the camel’s back was that Seyi betrayed us and it worsened my already smashed confidence, there was this Norwegian guy I actually discovered, but since we all work together we have access to the emails we use, we had been treating him for quite a while together and when it got to the stage to bill him, it was the same old bull-shit, no money!

We later figured out that Seyi has been talking to him behind our backs and have even started making money off him. It was devastating and I lost interest heavily.

We confronted him and he owned up proudly, he couldn’t even deny it, since Koko caught him in the act himself.

The broke Mutha-fucker had changed… I noticed his apparels were designers, a new Gold Chain hung loosely on his neck and a new Blackberry Bold 2 was resting on the round table of the restaurant, my eyes were blood red, I was raging with anger, this is a guy we fed, we were the ones who paid for the time at the cyber cafés.

I felt used and I wish I could hit him, but engaging him in a fight is suicidal because he was bigger than me in everything, I mean these are adults I am rolling with and I was just going to clock 19 in a few months, there was no way I was going to engage him, it`s just going to be a walk in the park for him.

I stood up angrily and left the place, Koko followed suit and that’s how we ended things with him, we continued how hustle, but my mind was not really into it.

I just could not get the betrayal issue out of my head, even though I knew Koko would never do the same thing to me, it was hard to trust him or anyone else.

After some months of intense hustle and still nothing, I decided to lay off. Maybe it just wasn’t for my destiny, so many thoughts like that whirled my head and eventually I had my calling, my brother in-law was going to help me travel and study abroad.

I punched the air in delight as I ended the call that night. Finally I was going to dump that bitch called LAG, a couple of days later I packed my bags and left for my sister’s house so it can help the processing of the whole thing. That was how i left Lagos and the internet cartel, back to the legal world? Well, we`ll see!
Re: TOBILLIONAIRE (the 19 Years Old Millionaire) by Tobillionaire19: 2:43pm On Oct 21, 2015
If we can't drop comments a little bit more, maybe it will motivate more and the updates will flow. At least give me a clue that I have an audience

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TOBILLIONAIRE (the 19 Years Old Millionaire) by vickiej(m): 7:01pm On Oct 21, 2015
ride on bro
Re: TOBILLIONAIRE (the 19 Years Old Millionaire) by obajiluke: 11:17pm On Oct 21, 2015
ride on....making sense
Re: TOBILLIONAIRE (the 19 Years Old Millionaire) by gsteve(m): 7:25am On Oct 22, 2015
Waiting................................pls
Re: TOBILLIONAIRE (the 19 Years Old Millionaire) by samtobi(m): 8:37am On Oct 22, 2015
Pls.... Ride on, we ar strongly beside you.
Re: TOBILLIONAIRE (the 19 Years Old Millionaire) by Tobillionaire19: 10:06am On Oct 22, 2015
Chapter 3 (The international admission)

It didn’t take time before I settled down at my sister’s house, apart from the fact that I have been a regular there her husband was a very friendly and accommodative person, I mean he loves me like I was his own son. I was having the time of my life, the prospect of travelling abroad coupled with the serene environment and beautiful house they lived in brought me peace and tranquillity, far from the hustle and bustle of Lagos and the internet gangster’s cartel.

It was a four bedroom apartment so I had a very big and furnished room to myself. It would not take long and the processing of the travelling began.

I took an online test with Al-Medinah university and passed, my brother in-law had a childhood friend in Kuala Lumpur so he was the inside man, before we knew it an admission letter was sent and for the first time in 3 years I read an admission letter and smiled.

I would have spent three months at Ogun state by now, truth be told I was starting to miss Lagos and my goons, it was damn boring in that city or should I say town, maybe village sef.

It was the same routine every day, the only thing that got me going was the success we were having with the travelling thing. I became highly elated and hyper-active, sometimes I believe I could just fly or climb a wall, that kind of super hero feeling.

Sooner rather than later the news of my admission started flying around the family and everyone started showing me a whole lot of love, they don’t have a choice, they’ve got limited time to spend with me and they have to utilise it judiciously.

I get call cards like it was pure water, even dad credits my account every now and then, I don’t even need the money so I just let it snooze in the bank vault, it would be useful when i am leaving I thought.

A couple of weeks after we received the admission letter, my brother in-law called me and his first son who was about my age into his room for a conversation, well he was a divorcee before he married my sister and was probably much older than her.

He had a son who was about my age and we were both on the travelling agenda.

He told us that we would be going to Ikoyi very early the next morning to get our international passport done.

My heartbeat started pounding that I felt like it was going to blow, “ so this is actually real” I asked myself inaudibly.

He gave me the money and also a piece of paper comprising the information of the man we were going to meet there.

Immediately he dismissed us I went into my room and knelt down by the bed, said some prayers more like talking to God, it was actually then that I believed all that has been happening for close to four months now was truly real.

The next morning I was putting on my best cloth, a black Gucci suit my immediate brother sent me from Abroad, a purple shirt and a black Lacoste shoe, at least for the first time I had a cause to put on something like that.

I strolled into my sisters room and checked myself in the mirror, I smirked delightfully, adjusted my shoe lace and travelled to Lagos for the first time in many months,

I sure was going to see Koko and the rest of the goons before I come back here.

3 Likes

Re: TOBILLIONAIRE (the 19 Years Old Millionaire) by Missmossy(f): 8:44am On Oct 23, 2015
Interesting piece cheesy keep it coming.

3 Likes

Re: TOBILLIONAIRE (the 19 Years Old Millionaire) by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 23, 2015
nice one. I'm following this
Re: TOBILLIONAIRE (the 19 Years Old Millionaire) by samtobi(m): 6:46pm On Oct 24, 2015
Op, where art thou, Come and complete wat u started.......
Re: TOBILLIONAIRE (the 19 Years Old Millionaire) by Tobillionaire19: 7:26pm On Oct 24, 2015
I am going to make up for the updates, I have been very busy lately.
Re: TOBILLIONAIRE (the 19 Years Old Millionaire) by Iyke1998(m): 1:04pm On Oct 25, 2015
Tobillionaire19:
I am going to make up for the updates, I have been very busy lately.

Still waiting....
Re: TOBILLIONAIRE (the 19 Years Old Millionaire) by Tobillionaire19: 8:44am On Oct 26, 2015
The trip to Lagos was very eventful and it did not take long before the events starts to surface, I and Junior was still in a tricycle conveying us to the garage where we will board a bus going to Lagos when my brother in-law called me.

I thought it was something important until he asked me
“what did you do to Baba last night”I chuckled
and made an eye sign to Junior, he adjusted instantly and drew nearer as he took one of the ear-piece and plugged it into his lobe too.

Baba is the name we call the landlord of the house my sister and her husband stays in, well as it is that is the only name that fits him perfectly at his age, he should be in his late sixties and I learnt he is a lecturer at LASU, well you can’t doubt that too much because with the disciplinarian attitude he exudes and the kind of fluency he commands when speaking English it is apparent he is some kind of Ijebu Albert Einstein.

“What have you boys done, because he just called me now and asked of you guys and he did not sound good either?” My brother in-law continued
“We actually used their tap at the backyard and I guess he caught us, because flashed his torch from his bedroom window at us” I replied back still grinning.

Well who doesn’t know Baba that he is always over-doing things and in the course of being disciplined he has probably lost thoughtfulness and forgot how to be kind, he barks at every little issue that arises and it is a pity that the whole neighbourhood has known him, so they avoided him like a plague.

A man once parked in front of our gate, Baba was coming with his old Mercedes Benz 230 when he realised the entrance has been blocked, he stepped out and started looking for the owner of the car after he had deflated one tyre, when the man finally appeared he amazingly apologized and Baba was still shouting him down, “I am very sorr--” the man managed to say before baba interrupted him halfway “ How could you be sorry” he barked repeatedly, banging the bonnet of the man`s car. I laughed uncontrollably that evening as I watched the scene from our Verandah.

What really happened was that the previous night when we were summoned and told that we will be going to Ikoyi the next day we have ran out of water, the only source of water in that part of state is bore-hole and the wicked landlord will only pump water for us when there is power supply, the whole day there was no blink the bunch of idiots overseeing the electricity stream so we used out the reservoir. We decided to use one of their tap at the backyard since we are so sure they will have water and we need to leave so early.

We knew it was prohibited for us to use the tap because we have ours too, but rules are meant to be broken besides I am of the opinion that stealing for a starving child is not a sin, so I initiated the idea to Junior and being a mischievous fellow he concurred without blinking an eyelid.
We were on the third round of fetching 30 litres containers when we saw this very full light hovering above our heads like a spotlight, immediately I knew the Baba has seen us, “ What the Bleep, doesn’t he sleep” I murmured. I tapped Junior`s arm and he understood, we took the half-filled kegs and ran back into our flat even though he tracked us with the light from his old-school metallic torch till we faded.

I knew we were in trouble the moment we entered that night, but there are better things to think about at the moment than worrying about the ramblings of one old pensioner, so I just waved it off and after a few seconds on the phone my brother in-law saw it in the same perspective and ended the call after confirming our location.

We had just arrived the Lagos garage and Junior walked towards the next flight (bus) to Lagos, I checked myself out again and figured I was too dope to be boarding a bus, I whistled to him, he turned with a clueless look on his face and marched back towards me, I told him my mind as I pointed towards the car section of the garage
“we are going to ride in that black Sienna bro” I said.

He wanted to raise an eyebrow, well I was expecting it too since the money we were given would only afford using the bus, I flashed him some cash from my breas;t pocket and he smiled “gold digging bastard” I said inaudibly as I grinned back at him.

Few minutes later, my ear buds were blocked with ear piece as Chris Brown`s Forever track was on repeat…… the driver sped off to Lagos, this trip is very promising I thought.

1 Like

Re: TOBILLIONAIRE (the 19 Years Old Millionaire) by Tobillionaire19: 3:16pm On Oct 27, 2015
The noise from Oshodi Motor Park woke me up, the car air conditioner was super chilling, I must have slept off the moment we entered the highway. I yawned and stretched my arms, stepped down from the vehicle and adjusted my jacket.

I really haven’t been to Ikoyi through a commercial transport before then, so despite the fact that my sister`s husband has already given us a description I still had to ask and confirm the next bus we are going to take, because Junior on the other hand is a dummy and he has never been to that part of Lagos before.

The first few people I tried to stop and ask for direction from would not stop, “i don’t have change” one of them had said, that was when it dawned on me that I have being labelled a corporate beggar, i called Junior`s attention to my discovery and we both laughed it off. Eventually I walked to a newspaper vendor and asked him for the direction, he affirmed that he had been gazing at us for a while and was wondering whether we figured no one was actually going to listen to us, he further explained how some grown up men would dress up as I was dressed and start scamming people for money with different fake stories of being stranded, and the funniest thing was that they usually stand exactly at the spot we were standing. He continued and started narrating stories upon stories of these nuisances and I grew tired and frustrated.

I was running out of patience, we had an appointment and considering the way the man was going he could talk nineteen to the dozen, so I had to cut him short abruptly even though I knew it was kind of rude. I could not blame him though; it probably could have been an effect of reading pages upon pages of black texts on the dailies that got him that obnoxious.

I got the direction from him and we left to catch a bus going to Obalende, we finally took a bike from Obalende to the passport office. The bike clogged right before the gate of the building, i paid him off and attuned my outfit once again “here we are” I thought, as we strolled in i dialled our contact number and it rang. He directed us to the office he was in and we located it without stress.

After calling my brother in-law to confirm if it is really us, he took us to another building that looks like a cyber café and took down our bio-data and also had us take a passport photograph, we returned to the former office we left and he told us to chill while he runs some errands. I was very ecstatic at this point; I can’t even describe the feeling because if someone had told me I would even own a passport in 5 years I wouldn’t believe. It was not really about the expense but I never thought I could be planning to jet out of Naija so soon like that.

I sat down gentlemanly, my right foot covered in the Lacoste black shoe was relaxing on my left knee, I brought out my phone and started fiddling with it, after what seems like forever, the immigration man came back and told us we won’t be able to shoot that day because the server was down and as it is, it won’t be active until late so it’s better we return early the next day and get it done. It was mixed feelings for me, I was happy because it means we are not returning to that cave in IJB and embrace boredom again, I am going to be able to spend more time with my goons before leaving Lagos, the funny thing is I did not even know why I was sad, maybe I just wanted everything to happen fast and just find myself snoring in Kuala Lumpur.

We called my brother in-law and explained the situation of things to him before departing the building and headed for my hood, “make I go show you how life be outside that boring dome” I teased Junior as we flagged down a bike.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: TOBILLIONAIRE (the 19 Years Old Millionaire) by Tobillionaire19: 3:16pm On Oct 27, 2015
make una dey try encourage me with likes and comments na undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: TOBILLIONAIRE (the 19 Years Old Millionaire) by FruityLass: 3:50pm On Oct 27, 2015
Following........
Re: TOBILLIONAIRE (the 19 Years Old Millionaire) by samtobi(m): 9:01pm On Oct 27, 2015
Nice write up op, keep it up. Still folowing......
Re: TOBILLIONAIRE (the 19 Years Old Millionaire) by Nobody: 10:21pm On Oct 27, 2015
Following.. Come and update before u get scrotum cancer grin
Re: TOBILLIONAIRE (the 19 Years Old Millionaire) by Iyke1998(m): 9:57pm On Oct 28, 2015
Oga TOBILLIONAIRE we dey wait you ooooo...
Re: TOBILLIONAIRE (the 19 Years Old Millionaire) by acmesuccess: 9:59pm On Oct 28, 2015
kindly download BLOOD ON THE ALTAR for free.

[size=16pt]CLICK HERE[/size]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-EpC3yBtuhJE/Vf5uzOnASUI/AAAAAAAAAb0/HZLNMY3s7lo/s400/book%2Bblood%2Bon%2Btha%2Baltar%2Bembross.png[/img]
Re: TOBILLIONAIRE (the 19 Years Old Millionaire) by enomasly: 7:09pm On Oct 29, 2015
Guy com finish wetin u don start besides i wan apply 2 b ur boy... U knw wat i mean lolz

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Diary Of A Rugged Chaiz Man. / Exam-In-(My N)ation / At His Funeral: A Flash Fiction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.