Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,819 members, 7,810,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

Nigerians Tricked Into Selling Kidneys In Indian Hospitals Share Horrible Tales - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerians Tricked Into Selling Kidneys In Indian Hospitals Share Horrible Tales (35265 Views)

Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals / How Some Private Hospitals Mistreat Patients / 5 Abuja Hospitals You Should Know About (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Tricked Into Selling Kidneys In Indian Hospitals Share Horrible Tales by overhypedsteve(m): 7:44am On Aug 16, 2014
ifyalways: If only we change our mindsets . . .

There is no short cut in life. Greed, ignorance and seeking for short cuts never pays.

Hardwork, patience and determination is the key.

what if he doesn't like the kidney again. There can be many reason for that.
Maybe he doesn't like the shape.
Maybe he doesn't like the colour or maybe its a bad head kidney.
There re many funny things happening this days oh
Re: Nigerians Tricked Into Selling Kidneys In Indian Hospitals Share Horrible Tales by Funjosh(m): 7:45am On Aug 16, 2014
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerians Tricked Into Selling Kidneys In Indian Hospitals Share Horrible Tales by gbadexy(m): 7:46am On Aug 16, 2014
One thing I've noticed is that it pays to have like one or two close friends to inform when dealing with people on a sensitive nature to serve as insurance and to get advice.
I guess those two guys were secretive about the transaction and just trusted the agent whole heartedly.
Someone that could suggest that they should sell their kidneys and make money from it is no friend to begin with.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Tricked Into Selling Kidneys In Indian Hospitals Share Horrible Tales by omoadeleye(m): 7:47am On Aug 16, 2014
maybe the guy should be patient, another kidney we grow back is just a minor thing. mumulicious,
Re: Nigerians Tricked Into Selling Kidneys In Indian Hospitals Share Horrible Tales by bigx(m): 7:51am On Aug 16, 2014
Tricked abi regretted after blowing the money

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Tricked Into Selling Kidneys In Indian Hospitals Share Horrible Tales by hushmail: 7:51am On Aug 16, 2014
man's inhumanity to man
Re: Nigerians Tricked Into Selling Kidneys In Indian Hospitals Share Horrible Tales by PerfectFortune: 7:58am On Aug 16, 2014
donnypool:

lmao

Why quote the entire post? That's wicked, diaris God ooooo
Re: Nigerians Tricked Into Selling Kidneys In Indian Hospitals Share Horrible Tales by Nobody: 8:01am On Aug 16, 2014
I would have say take heart Op since you have lost one of your kidney.....you need to be more closer to God.
Re: Nigerians Tricked Into Selling Kidneys In Indian Hospitals Share Horrible Tales by Nobody: 8:02am On Aug 16, 2014
PerfectFortune:

Why quote the entire post? That's wicked, diaris God ooooo

you nor see the wickedness the agent do?
Re: Nigerians Tricked Into Selling Kidneys In Indian Hospitals Share Horrible Tales by fapcrook(m): 8:11am On Aug 16, 2014
Story too long, and some rubbish people still quote them just to comment 'lmao',,,,,,,mtchheew
Re: Nigerians Tricked Into Selling Kidneys In Indian Hospitals Share Horrible Tales by tellwisdom: 8:15am On Aug 16, 2014
I would rather slap a mopo than read this long epistle angry
Re: Nigerians Tricked Into Selling Kidneys In Indian Hospitals Share Horrible Tales by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 16, 2014
this are the reason why i cut off most of my childhood friends and stop attending my alma-mater meetings because you wouldn't know who has gone into dubious activity.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Tricked Into Selling Kidneys In Indian Hospitals Share Horrible Tales by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 16, 2014
Some people get mind shocked
Re: Nigerians Tricked Into Selling Kidneys In Indian Hospitals Share Horrible Tales by adekayo1234(m): 8:32am On Aug 16, 2014
too long...someone please summarise the passage o jare
Re: Nigerians Tricked Into Selling Kidneys In Indian Hospitals Share Horrible Tales by hollandis(f): 8:36am On Aug 16, 2014
Nigerians are the ones who pay for their greed,useless people
Re: Nigerians Tricked Into Selling Kidneys In Indian Hospitals Share Horrible Tales by ayzone: 8:38am On Aug 16, 2014
Even 1.2million can hardly make u become wot u want to,its a pity dat he followed dat hard path. We know dat life cud b hard especially in dis country but with patience,hardwork n perseverance will can become a better man.
Re: Nigerians Tricked Into Selling Kidneys In Indian Hospitals Share Horrible Tales by agitator: 8:43am On Aug 16, 2014
oluks05: AUGUST 16, 2014 BY JESUSEGUN ALAGBE

[b]The Ministry of Health’s spokesperson, Dan Nwomeh, said Nigeria needs to sign the proposed National Health Bill
into law before organ trade transactions get out of hand. He clamoured for the prompt signing of the bill into law for
the regulation of organ transplant in the country.
He said, “We hear rumours about the trade, but the truth of the matter is that we have a big problem at hand, and this
is because there is no law regulating organ transplant in Nigeria. There is no law at all now, and what can the
Ministry of Health do when there is no law?
“That is why we have been canvassing for the signing of the National Health Bill. If the bill is signed into law,
important health issues like organ transplant and fertility medicine will be regulated. It will not be done in the secret.
“But while we are waiting for the National Health Bill to be signed into law, everything depends on the practitioners to
do the proper thing. You cannot say someone who is into the organ trafficking business has committed an offence
since there is no law yet that is against or regulating it.”
Nwomeh added that the Ministry of Health would continue to canvass for the signing of the National Health Bill into
law.
He said, “The health minister and the Ministry of Health will continue to push forward until this particular bill is
signed into law. Until such happens, there are bound to be shady businesses like that.”
The Vice-President of the Commonwealth Medical Association and former President of the Nigerian Medical
Association, Dr. Osahon Enabulele, corroborated the comment of the health ministry.
He said that the bill takes into account provisions for the regulation of organ transplant and fertility medicine in the
country. He said if the bill is not signed, the perpetrators would continue to have a field day.
Enabulele said, “Right now, organ trade is commoner outside the country, especially in India, and so it is not
unexpected that the business there is booming due to the fact that people from other countries go there to do it.
“It is definitely illegal and a criminal act, but in the absence of regulation, no one can be blamed. People are doing
many things underground and even if you apprehend them, under what law are you going to charge them? What
penalties will be levied on them?
“In terms of the robustness of the trade in Nigeria, I think one is certainly not very much aware of how it is, but I
know that the usual destination point is India because that is where all sorts of trafficking take place.
“This is one of the reasons that when I was the president of the Nigerian Medical Association, I actively supported the
passage of the National Health Bill because it has the provisions for the regulation of organ transaction, including the
kidney, to make sure there are rules and strict adherence to the guidelines for organ transactions, unlike having an
unregulated market where anything happens.
“It is even now important that there is acceleration in terms of getting the President’s assent to harmonise the
National Health Bill to prevent the burgeoning of illegal organ transactions. If it is happening, it is the sign that there
needs to be some sort of regulation.
“If the guidelines are not there, there will be an astronomical increase in criminal activities in organ transplant due to
the level of poverty. Many unwilling donors will end up in the hands of fraudsters. If people must donate their organs,
then it must be according to certain guidelines.
“Normally, organs are not what to be donated for a fee, it should be voluntary out of empathy for a victim (either a
relative or friend) just like blood donation. It should be out of one’s empathic disposition.
“Guidelines must be put in place to prevent extortions like this whether they are doing it because of poverty or not. A
framework must be put in place to regulate organ transplant in the country through the signing of the health bill.”
Enabulele emphasised that there was nothing wrong in donating human organs, but that it should be done voluntarily
and freely under the regulation of the law.[/b]

www.punchng.com/feature/nigerians-tricked-into-selling-kidneys-in-indian-hospitals-share-horrible-tales/

Someone kindly educate me how signing of a Nigerian National Health Bill into law would stop organ transplant in India. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigerians Tricked Into Selling Kidneys In Indian Hospitals Share Horrible Tales by conyema12(m): 8:44am On Aug 16, 2014
Wow so sorry for ur predicament..

I salute your courage to sell your kidney to make life worth living its not a bad choice.. afterall most asians sell theirs just to get an ipod.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Tricked Into Selling Kidneys In Indian Hospitals Share Horrible Tales by ilotriouzAY(m): 8:51am On Aug 16, 2014
I no pity am at all,shebi he dey look for money nii....idiot selling his organs
Re: Nigerians Tricked Into Selling Kidneys In Indian Hospitals Share Horrible Tales by Adinije(f): 8:57am On Aug 16, 2014
Things that pple do for money. #inthevoiceofmafikizolo#
Re: Nigerians Tricked Into Selling Kidneys In Indian Hospitals Share Horrible Tales by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 16, 2014
Hummm....just because of Money..!!!

God made Man, Man Made Money, Money made man Mad..!!!
Re: Nigerians Tricked Into Selling Kidneys In Indian Hospitals Share Horrible Tales by arabbunkum: 9:05am On Aug 16, 2014
Yorubas and their love for money!
Re: Nigerians Tricked Into Selling Kidneys In Indian Hospitals Share Horrible Tales by drizzytee: 9:07am On Aug 16, 2014
summary pls
Re: Nigerians Tricked Into Selling Kidneys In Indian Hospitals Share Horrible Tales by EMMABC1(m): 9:15am On Aug 16, 2014
Most times I laf at stupidity n ignorance of yoruba n other non-igbo who say we like money. Yes we like money but work hard n decently 4 it. Now d yorubas are struggling to measure up to us but yet again, their stupidity, ignorance and greed make them fall victims.
I once I asked a pretty yoruba teenager if she will love to marry Igbo man. She retorted and rebuked me saying ''tufiakwa, Igbo pple like money too much". That is d extent yoruba parents have gone in educating their children negatively abt their 'percieved' enemy- the Igbos. Nemesis!
Re: Nigerians Tricked Into Selling Kidneys In Indian Hospitals Share Horrible Tales by ArcBishopmarie(m): 9:18am On Aug 16, 2014
Aaah!... this one no follow, da money no worth da risk naa! selling ur kidney for just 5000, 9000k...nooo! what if the other kidney come fail nko? menn enter street. in a short time Oluwa fit shower you with da cash.. i no dey nwanne...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do The Dead See The Living From Heaven? Can They Interfere? / Breaking Bad Eye Habits: 11 Bad Eye Habits You Need To Break Now / Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.