Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver - Health (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver (38221 Views)

First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister / Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US / BREAKING: Different Ebola Trial Drug Arrives Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by sonnie10: 2:16pm On Aug 16, 2014
Lets compare this with other products and their classification and we will see the picture.What some of you may not know is that the classification of some of these products is as old as God knows when. It would surprise you to know that the active ingredient in most medicated soaps and antibacterial hand wash liquid soaps; TRICLOSAN is classified as pesticide by the FDA. That classification has been there for years. That Nano Silver or its active ingredient is termed pesticide may not be a new development. Depending on the percentage composition of this active ingredient on a particular product, it may or may not be safe to be used in a certain way. Take a clue from the fact that most medicated soaps contain TRICLOSAN - a pesticide- and are still being safely used. A point of note here, antibacterial soaps are not better than ordinary soap!! Next time, when you pick up that packet of medicated soap, be on the look out for the pesticide; TRICLOSAN on the label. FDA saving life since 1960!!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by Johncuppa(m): 2:30pm On Aug 16, 2014
Imagine, we wil neva see any of those so-called brain drain doctors and pharmacists here to enlight us on dis (wat did they knw to say abt it). All they knw best is to tell us ow they spent 6 yrs and 5yrs in sku, how d cut -off mark for 1 is dis and dat d other 1 is dat.
Imagine, why sud pple be going to dis length arguing whether to use nano silver or nt when we av teaching hospitals, medical research institute, pharmaceutical research institute, SON, NAFDAC wt enough doctors and pharmacist.
Afterall, doctors wil cme here teling us they are our small god. Oga o.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by oluwasegunfummi: 2:37pm On Aug 16, 2014
maasoap: The fact that you typed in Yoruba language doesn't mean you are a Yoruba boy. Otherwise, how could you referred to your race including your father and mother as sadists and problem of this country because a governor refuses to use patients as lab rats.
OMG, what has awo done to us, oshofree dey purge belle oooo........eko o ni baje ooo cool
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by silverspring4ev(f): 2:41pm On Aug 16, 2014
[quote author=duni04]
This is a ridiculous idea. You can't just use people's lives to try out a drug whose manufacturer no one knows and whose side effects no one knows. Why not volunteer one of your family members to try this nanosilver scam[By the time you become a victim of this virus then u will know that anything is worth trying. We keep allowing other nation to lead us by discouraging those who are willing to look for solution to this deadly virus. All they are saying is that they will experiment Nino Silver first on animal before using it on human. Be smart please]
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by TRADELYN: 2:44pm On Aug 16, 2014
KiV...

Regards!
Dee60:

American government does not sell drugs!!! FG ought to know how to do these things. If you are desperate about any new drug or any new product you will go and invest 'seed money' so that the trials can be finalized. FG should 'invest' in ZMAPP instead of discussing with government. Nothing goes for free. It cost millions to come out with a new drug and we should not be thinking that the producers will dole it for free. That simply does not make any business sense. Stop the cap in hand approach to hings. We need ZMapp? Then invest in it and get it and dont turn it into another politics.

I dont know how FG came about the nano silver solution.I hope it is not another 'salt water' or 'kolanut' solution! We cannot toy with lives. Nano Silver is not cheap and it is also an American product, so they do not have anything to lose if we keep importing it. I am sure that their concern is to avoid travelers importing Ebola into the US, so they are also having a stake in this.
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by Tundeiab(m): 3:00pm On Aug 16, 2014
CyberWolf: get lost..
cry me a river
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by Harlex(m): 3:02pm On Aug 16, 2014
Nigerians now see lagos as the federal government.......lagos government get blamed for every error emanating from insensitive attitude of the federal government.......Some of you guys should relax and reminisce over what's happening in lagos and ask yourself just one simple question.......What would have been the state of the country if the case of Ebola was firstly detected in the North, South South., East and other south west state.........I can't blame Nigerians because its who we are........always looking for a "sharp sharp" solution to solve problems.........more reason why even the most educated would believe acid bath could cure ebola......NACL+H2O= HCL + NAOH.
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by EMANY01(m): 3:04pm On Aug 16, 2014
texazzpete: Right decision from the Lagos State Government.

How the hell can you take a nutritional supplement like product and spin it as a 'cure' for Ebola? That's like someone marketing Forever Living supplements and saying its a cure for Ebola.

You see a drug that has never been touted as being under development to treat Ebola, and you want to adopt it when there's no verifiable info that it has ever been tested with any efficacy on mice or even monkeys.

The people celebrating this Nano Silver rubbish are not any bit less dumb than those who were using salt water baths.

kola nut salt and pepper(or is it water) now pesticide.They getting ridiculously dumber with each successive famed "cure".
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by slightlyMad(f): 3:05pm On Aug 16, 2014
EasternLeopard: Why can't they infect a monkey and try out the drugs before rejecting it

Is it because it is connected to FG(PDP) that the drug was rejected

Pls oooooo

Lagos state give the drug a trial on monkeys before rejecting. Stop playing politics with peoples lives

thanks, i was about saying this.
Monkeys are very close to us genetically and if something works for them, it may work for us.

Btw, the research says 10nm is what works against ebola, other NMs really did not work.
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by prettyboi1(m): 3:14pm On Aug 16, 2014
Symphony007: Some people mumu no be small!! What concerns APC and PDP in matters of health? Or is that how partisan your brains have gotten? Zmapp has been tested on both monkeys and humans and has proved to work with side effects. Now you want the government to give this new drug that has neither been tested or has no success track record on nigerians? Do you know the side effects, you people are advocating nigerian ebola patients be used as lab rat, and when they are and there is catastrophic after effects even worse than ebola, who will help us? Who? We don't even know the name or company of this fictitious "nigerian scientist in diaspora" that sent the drug. Since we're so desperate as will try anything, why don't we get all our ebola patients into a lab and start injecting them with every chemical compound we can find. Who knows, one might work.

Please quit with this slave mentality. You just said zmapp was tested on monkeys right? So,what's wrong with our government testing this Nigerian-made drug on monkeys or similar mammals too before thinking of discarding it if it doesn't work? Is there any drug that's first administered without a trial. You're asking "who's this Nigerian that developed this drug?", "what's his name?" "what's the name of his company?" Etc. Those are actually great questions to ask & you & I know that those questions must have been asked by the government before contracting them. My own question to you now is "since you're screaming to advertise your slave-master's drugs, who developed zmapp?" "what's the name of the company that developed it?" "Has it been tested?" "has it been tested in Nigeria?" "has it been tested on Nigerian mammals?"
Can you answer those questions or you just believe anything your slave-masters' tell you is good for you?"
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by duni04(m): 3:22pm On Aug 16, 2014
slightlyMad:

thanks, i was about saying this.
Monkeys are very close to us genetically and if something works for them, it may work for us.

Btw, the research says 10nm is what works against ebola, other NMs really did not work.
Madam which research did you get that one from? Journal of yahoo drugs?
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by ibedun: 3:31pm On Aug 16, 2014
Almost all the patients in Lagos are from.........the Yeast>

Lets try the nano silver on them first, since they are the once lambasting Lagos state (and APC)

Ok all Ebola Igbos come forward

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by Panter215: 3:53pm On Aug 16, 2014
proffemi:

Wrong, very wrong. Zmapp has been tried, with very encouraging levels of success, on primates. That is very far along the animal testing stage.
That is what they told us and I am sure they did not share the detail report. Note how will there be a human trial if no out break. I believe that is what we are seeing now and the result so far is not good. 1 dead and 2 still in the hospital. I still see on CNN that they are still in isolation. I donot know of any test of nano silver but that is same for zmaap. We need to do something or we will forever be the guinea pigs for the rest of the world. It use to be Asian but they are now growing economically so they serve a different propose now. We need to emacipate ourselves so that they will see some economical value of us and stop this very cruel relationship. Imagine how a 70 years old European got the Zmaap over 1500+ african and I did not hear any begging from Spain.
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by fesup: 3:57pm On Aug 16, 2014
Wisdom is in every thought of an intelligent man: fools know nothing about wisdom.
Lagos State should try the Nano Silver and see how it works. This people are facing death and they will be happy to see you try any new drug to save their lives. It is not a matter of toying with life.
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by Panter215: 4:03pm On Aug 16, 2014
JuanDeDios:
US is not SELLING nada - where did you people get that from? Liberia made its request to the company which agreed to give it out FREE after talking to FDA. Liberia made its request AFTER it was used on two Americans who were reported to be doing well. The death of the Spaniard came later but it changes nothing since even a kid can differentiate his case since the drug was given to him when the illness was advanced. I'm not in support of mass use of Zmapp at this stage but it makes more sense than Nano whose manufacturer we don't know just as we don't know whether it has been given to a monkey or not.
Guy the company Zmaap is a co-share of US and Canadian government. Check online. Note stories had it that the 1st US doctor that received this drug was already bleeding and very weak. (Read the CNN initial report). It was called a remarkable recovery but today, over 7 days later, they are still in isolation. I see nothing encouraging that should make us put all our hopes on this drug. We have to try all options. Lets test this nanosilver in a controlled form and I do not believe we do not have the labs in country to do this.
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 16, 2014
EasternLeopard: Why can't they infect a monkey and try out the drugs before rejecting it

Pls oooooo

Lagos state give the drug a trial on monkeys before rejecting. Stop playing politics with peoples lives
aa
Amazing this opinion has 55 Likes reflecting its wide acceptance at this forum when U.S. has positive evidence Nano Silver is a pesticide. Clearly shows how uninformed and politically jaundiced the 55 likes are!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by lastpage: 4:21pm On Aug 16, 2014
oluwasegunfummi: kilo nse eleyi, ko oshi danu kuro ni waju mi jo, we yorubas are the problem of nigeria, yet we always feel vauntly supercilious, just check out how fashola is playing blind politics with our lives, I know oju opolo tinubu is behind this........eko o ni baje oooo cool

Only a "very foolish Omo-Ale" will make this kind of WILD GENERALIZATION you have made twice, on this thread.

Maybe you and your lineage are the problems of Nigeria, but certainly not my own type of Yoruba!

Omo-ale to'nfi owo osi juwe ile Bab re! (the bast*ard child that points out his father's house, with a left hand..... Yoruba Proverb)

Granted, a decision has been made which most people will concur may not the the best, in our current 'lose-lose" situation but to now make this "giant-leap of stewpidity" on a whole race of people, calling them "problem of Nigeria", shows that you (even if Yoruba), are better and most put to "productive use" as a "Lab-test Rat" for the Nano Silver cure. wink wink

Otherwise, l suspect you are just an "imposter" trying to stir-up another ethnic bashing on a very important issue.

Lastpage!

BTW: I think we need to take the risk ...and use the Nano Silver.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by Genius100: 4:24pm On Aug 16, 2014
Can you ignorant Nigerians stop disgracing yourselves on this thread. What the rest of the world resolved decades ago is still being debated by Nigerians in the present day. What a shame. Can some of you ignoramuses go read about the drug development process before you start talking rubbish? First google "thalidomide" to get some insight into why carefully controlled clinical studies are necessary.

It takes about 10 -15 years to develop a drug. The process typically starts with tests with cell culture, then the potential drugs are test on animals like lab mice, then bigger animals like monkeys. Once all these results are positive, you test it on healthy adults, then you do a blind test on humans with the indicated disease, and then a bigger study on a larger population of humans with the indicated disease. During all these tests, you first need to determine it the drug is safe, then you determine that it's effective. You still need to determine the dosage in adults, dosage in kids, study the side effects etc...

But you fools just want a responsible government to wake up and just begin testing nanosilver on sick patients immediately?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by Genius100: 4:26pm On Aug 16, 2014
Panter215:
Guy the company Zmaap is a co-share of US and Canadian government. Check online. Note stories had it that the 1st US doctor that received this drug was already bleeding and very weak. (Read the CNN initial report). It was called a remarkable recovery but today, over 7 days later, they are still in isolation. I see nothing encouraging that should make us put all our hopes on this drug. We have to try all options. Lets test this nanosilver in a controlled form and I do not believe we do not have the labs in country to do this.

Nanosilver is not a viable option. There are several other experimental drugs that have shown some promise against ebola that should be tried.
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by lastpage: 4:33pm On Aug 16, 2014
MY OWN OPINION

1.) Nigerians are infected and some have died

2.) The only 'drug' know to manage/stop the infection right now is ZMapp

3.) The ZMapp itself has not been fully tested and may still cause problem down the line; How much we cannot say for now but we will still use it gladly!
4.) America has shunned our plea t give us some of this drug, in effect saying "Go and Die"

5.) If nothing is done NOW, those infected will eventually die

6.) Nano Silver has been tested on various organisms (bacterial, virus, e.t.c) and has been found to be very effective in eother killing them or inhibiting them. Even America acknowledges this much!

7.) The Nigerian provider is not asking us for money (at least not yet) but thinks the drug could help.

8.) If the drug is used NOW, the WORST that could HAPPEN is that the Patients would die ...and they would die anyway, since we are not getting ZMApp to give them

9.) But there is that POSSIBILITY that the Drug might also work, saving their lives and that of many people in the future!
We dont have the '15years' to start doing TRIALS right now, people are already dying! Moreover, is it not possible to do quick "fast check" on the drug, in a controlled Lab environment, using Rats and Monkeys? (chai, dem don suffer o!).

10.) Now, l have a strong feeling that the reason America rushed to the airwaves to condemn this drug and call it a Pesticide is that having decided to "teach us a lesson" by refusing to give us ZMapp (well they dont actually owe us anything, it is just a "moral obligation" to save lives), they are now facing a situation where if Nano Silver SHOULD WORK, it will make them look really stewpid .... not to mention the loss of power and income, from being the only MONOPOLISTIC SUPPLIER of ZMapp.

And to add salt to the injury ...it is coming from a Nigerian!
If they cant give us what they have, that they are sure is "good and working" why are they suddenly concerned for our health, when we are trying to "solve our problem" in the only way we know..... and have?

I say let us USE / TEST this drug afterall, "[size=18pt]He that is down already, needs fear no fall"[/size]

Lastpage!

Read this Article and you would notice the "zeal" to condemn the Nano Silver but you will also notice "they are afraid" that it could work!
Now, make your own deductions/opinions
source: http://www.riskscience.umich.edu/nano-silver-used-treat-ebola-victims-nigeria/#comment-1700

Americans: On Thursday this week, the Wall Street Journal reported that Ebola victims in Nigeria’s commercial capital Lagos will receive Nano Silver in an attempt to treat the infection. The news comes hot on the heels of the World Health Organization’s decision to sanction the use of unlicensed Ebola drugs in West Africa on ethical grounds. It also coincides with a US Food and Drug Administration statement released yesterday warning against fraudulent Ebola treatment products.

Is the use of nano silver a legitimate application of on unlicensed treatment, or cynical exploitation of a mounting humanitarian crisis? Having studied and written about the biological impacts of nano silver for some years now, I must confess I was surprised by the Nigerian decision.

Silver as an antimicrobial
Silver has been used as an antimicrobial agent for thousands of years – the Romans used to use silverware to reduce food and drink-borne infection. More recently, nanoparticles of silver have been used in everything from food containers to socks in an attempt to imbue them with microbe-killing properties.

When used in the right way, the material certainly does exhibit antimicrobial properties. But there’s a massive jump from odor-resistant socks to curing Ebola patients.

An Open Letter on Ebola Treatment to Nigeria’s President
The Nigerian decision to treat patients with nano silver seems to stem from an open letter to President Goodluck Jonathan from one Dr Rima E. Laibow.

As Dr. Laibow writes in her letter,

“There is, in fact, a well-established, non-toxic anti-microbial, without any known side effects, available at remarkably low cost which – • Requires no refrigeration • Is self-sterilizing. • Is readily available • Has a very long shelf life • Is not subject to degradation under temperature and humidity extremes. That nutrient substance is Nano Silver.”

Dr. Laibow is Medical Director of an organization called the Natural Solutions Foundation. And one of the products this organization sells is colloidal nano silver.

Colloidal Nano Silver
Colloidal nano silver – nanometer-sized silver particles suspended in water – has been used by people to self-medicate innumerable conditions for around a century now. Although there is no clear evidence that it has beneficial health effect at low concentrations, it can cause the disease argyria at high concentrations.

Nano silver has been on the radar of researchers and regulators for over a decade now as a substance that may be more toxic than originally thought. As a result, there has been an intense global research effort into its human and ecological toxicity in recent years. Studies have shown that nanoscale silver particles can be harmful if released into the environment in large quantities, and may possibly cause harm in unexpected ways in the human body under specific circumstances. Yet there’s been little published on the use of nano silver as a treatment for infectious diseases.

Despite this, Dr. Laibow writes on the Natural Solutions Marketplace website:

That is why we can say with confidence that Dr. Rima Recommends™ The Silver Solution (Nano Silver 10 PPM) has been shown to deal effectively with the Ebola virus.

In fact, every disease causing organism against which it has been tested, all around the world has been killed (bacteria, parasites) or inactivated (viruses) by this amazing solution.

How much do you need for yourself and your loved ones? Enter your email information and I will send you my Professional Protocol as my gift to you.

US Government Research on Nano Silver and Ebola
The source of Dr. Laibow’s optimism appears to be a 2009 presentation of research carried out by Janice Speshock and Saber Hussain at the US Air Force National Laboratory. A Powerpoint of this presentation has been declassified, and is currently doing the rounds on the internet.

The presentation reports on research into the effectiveness of silver nanoparticles in rendering hemorrhagic fever viruses like Ebola ineffective. The study was carried out using cell cultures, and a number of viruses and virus-like particles. It seemed to indicate that when the silver nanoparticles penetrated into cells along with the virus in sufficient quantities, they were effective at preventing the virus from being active once the cell had been exposed.

While it is impossible to interpret research findings from Powerpoint slides alone, the data do suggest that there are some unusual interactions between silver nanoparticles and Ebola-like viruses, although there are no data indicating whether similar interactions are also seen with other nanoparticles. More importantly, they do not indicate whether these same interactions would occur in an infected patient. They also do not indicate the quantity of silver nanoparticles someone wold need to take to render Ebola ineffective, or whether the necessary dose to have an effect would cause medical complications.

This presentation builds on previously published research by Speshock and Hussain that looked at Monkey Pox virus plaque formation inhibition by nano silver. Using cell cultures, the researchers found that nano silver and and silver ions were effective at reducing Monkey Pox Virus-induced plaques. However, they also concluded

The present study demonstrates the feasibility of implementing the use, and characterizing the efficacy, of silver-based nanoparticles against [Monkey Pox Virus] infection in vitro. However, for nanoparticles to be used in therapeutic or prophylactic treatment regimens, it is critical to understand the in vivo toxicity and potential for long-term sequelae associated with exposure to these compounds.”

In 2010 Speshock and Hussain published research on the interaction of silver nanoparticles with Tacaribe virus. The research – published in the Journal of Nanobiotechnology – indicated that in cell cultures, the presence of silver nanoparticles increased the cell uptake of the virus, but also suppressed its activity once in cells. They concluded

“Due to the known toxicity of Ag- NPs [silver nanoparticles] in many human cell lines, and the short time limit of efficacy following infection, the Ag-NPs would likely make a more effective decontamination tool as opposed to an in vivo therapeutic agent. However, if the Ag-NPs do indeed facilitate the uptake of arenaviruses into the cell and inactivate the virus prior to cell entry, further studies should be performed to determine if Ag- NPs can prove to be an effective vaccine adjuvant.”

Speculative Studies and Clinical Use
These studies provide valuable insights into silver nanoparticle-virus interactions, and indicate that, with significantly more research, silver nanoparticles may have some role to play in preventing or managing infections. But the research does not support clinical applications at this stage. Even if there was proof that silver nanoparticles are effective in humans in suppressing viral activity (and there is not), there are critical questions over dose and delivery.

To be effective, there would need to be systemic uptake of nano silver within the body at doses that are sufficient to inhibit the Ebola virus, but low enough to prevent unacceptable harm. Currently, scientists have no ideas what an appropriate dose is.

Even if they did, it is not clear how the silver nanoparticles would be delivered. Taking the material orally – as would be expected of colloidal silver dietary supplements – is unlikely to be effective as silver nanoparticles dissolve in gastric juices. Nanoparticle uptake from the gut into the body is also very poor. Inhaling silver nanoparticles is likewise unlikely to lead to significant nano-silver distribution through the body. Which leaves direct injection of silver nanoparticles into the bloodstream – not an option to be undertaken lightly with an unproven and untested nanomaterial.

Given the commercial interests involved here and the paucity of evidence for nano-silver being in any way an appropriate treatment for Ebola, the wisdom of treating patients in Nigeria with the material has to be questioned on both medical and ethical grounds. There may be future treatments for infectious diseases that use nanoscale silver and other engineered nanomaterials. But this does not seem the time to be cynically jumping on the Ebola bandwagon to promote products that may offer false hope, but little else.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by Genius100: 4:40pm On Aug 16, 2014
lastpage: MY OWN OPINION

1.) Nigerians are infected and some have died

2.) The only 'drug' know to manage/stop the infection right now is ZMapp

3.) The ZMapp itself has not been fully tested and may still cause problem down the line; How much we cannot say for now but we will still use it gladly!
4.) America has shunned our plea t give us some of this drug, in effect saying "Go and Die"

5.) If nothing is done NOW, those infected will eventually die

6.) Nano Silver has been tested on various organisms (bacterial, virus, e.t.c) and has been found to be very effective in eother killing them or inhibiting them. Even America acknowledges this much!

7.) The Nigerian provider is not asking us for money (at least not yet) but thinks the drug could help.

8.) If the drug is used NOW, the WORST that could HAPPEN is that the Patients would die ...and they would die anyway, since we are not getting ZMApp to give them

9.) But there is that POSSIBILITY that the Drug might also work, saving their lives and that of many people in the future!

10.) Now, l have a strong feeling that the reason America rushed to the airwaves to condemn this drug and call it a Pesticide is that having decided to "teach us a lesson" by refusing to give us ZMapp (well they dont actually owe us anything, it is just a "moral obligation" to save lives), they are now facing a situation where if Nano Silver SHOULD WORK, it will make them look really stewpid .... not to mention the loss of power and income, from being the only MONOPOLISTIC SUPPLIER of ZMapp.

And to add salt to the injury ...it is coming from a Nigerian!
If they cant give us what they have, that they are sure is "good and working" why are they suddenly concerned for our health, when we are trying to "solve our problem" in the only way we know..... and have?

I say let us USE / TEST this drug afterall, "[size=18pt]He that is down already, needs fear no fall"[/size]

Lastpage!

Read this Article and you would notice the "zeal" to condemn the Nano Silver but you will also notice "they are afraid" that it could work!
Now, make your own deductions/opinions
source: http://www.riskscience.umich.edu/nano-silver-used-treat-ebola-victims-nigeria/#comment-1700

Dude, stop being an ignoramus. There are hundreds of known materials that are antibacterial and antiviral. Will you try all of them against ebola. Chemicals in Soap are antiviral and antibacterial. Will you drink soap to cure ebola? Again, Zmapp is not the only experimental drug out there. There are several others. Those stand a better chance that your stupid nanosilver which charlatans claim cure cancer, ebola and all other kinds of diseases...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by musicwriter(m): 4:40pm On Aug 16, 2014
hod898: It's not necessarily about politics. It's about a slave-master relationship in which the Nigerian government sold Nigerians as slaves to the West, such that they only believe drugs approved by WHO and the likes. Instead of taking time to experiment on nano-silver, a drug known to destroy even the deadliest bacteria, the government rejected it. It rejected it! Even if it was eventually found not to cure the disease, the specialists could still study the way it inhibits viral replication and mutation in body cells and possibly develop something similar that can destroy Ebola virus. See, this is often the result of not investing in research and technology in a country. The government does not encourage our scientific geniuses. Around 2010, a nigerian medical doctor developed a cure for HIV. He was beguiled here and humiliated by our health officials. WHO asked him to state his formula but he insisted saying, "until Coca-cola state theirs, I won't mine". They took him to US for 'investigation' and since then, nobody heard of him again. Similar case occured in 2012, only this time it was Paul Orhii, NAFDAC boss that humiliated with inordinate hysteria a prof.of Igbenedion university. Nigerians are one of the most intelligent people on earth, the only problem is that they are barely encouraged. Every sector in this country called Nigeria needs a revolution.

Thank you my brother. I have talked about it just 2 days ago on my blog. Even if the drug wouldn't work, why not give it a trial?. The ZMAPP we're talking about haven't been proved to work either yet the US government is giving it a trial on 2 patients. Now, just because US is possibly frustrated because Nano silver was discovered by an African, our brain washed elites want to discard it as a pesticide just because the US said so. This's what Fela called "follow follow". This "follow follow" mentality is a big disease killing African elites today.

The west want Africa to be forever dependent because that's how they get rich. Soon you will hear they've come up with a magical drug that cure ebola in 24 hours and western pharmaceutical companies will start smiling to the bank out of our penury.

Science is one thing the west is hiding from Africa because they know science is the shortest way out of poverty for nations. This's why scientific collaborations is always off-topic in their conferences.

Application of science to solve problems naturally lead to Technology.
Science + Technology = Industry.
Science + Technology + Industry = Wealth.
Science + Technology + Industry + Wealth = Economic independence!.

This includes freedom from world bank and IMF trojan loans, freedom from western control, freedom from hunger, ebola, disease, freedom from technological slavery, e.t.c. Africa will have total freedom and wealth when we get science right. This's what the west don't want Africa to know.

Neo-colonialism is very sophisticated tool for undervelopement as it includes elite brainwashing. You can read more about it at http://www.africason.com/2014/08/africa-must-rise-against-neo-colonialism.html

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by HAH: 4:41pm On Aug 16, 2014
This is not the first time there is Ebola outbreak, it came so many times in central african countries and they manage it well and it goes even without drugs, let us do what they did to get rid of ebola first before someone kills everyone with unknown and untested drugs
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by JuanDeDios: 4:44pm On Aug 16, 2014
Panter215:
He's coming out soon - I believe I heard something earlier today about reuniting with his family. The lady is said to be progressing - you have to be cleared of it totally before coming out of isolation. It takes time since it's not a Chris Oyakhilome cure. Zmapp is obviously not good enough - it hasn't been sufficiently tested. But I understand why people are prepared to risk it. Nothing there justifies dishing out nano.

The Americans got the drugs quite early. They flew the stuff to Liberia before the patients were moved to USA. In any case, 2/3 is encouraging.

You think Nigeria can test and carry out trials of pharmaceutical products? Oh, well. You also seem to think it can be done sharp sharp and deployed to Yaba.
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by musicwriter(m): 4:47pm On Aug 16, 2014

Pls oooooo

As someone already told you it's not about politics but what Fela called "follow follow". This "follow follow" mentality is a big disease killing African elites today. The west want Africa to be forever dependent because that's how they get rich. Soon you will hear they've come up with a magical drug that cure ebola in 24 hours and western pharmaceutical companies will start smiling to the bank out of our penury.

Science is one thing the west is hiding from Africa because they know science is the shortest way out of poverty for nations. This's why scientific collaborations is always off-topic in their conferences.

This includes freedom from world bank and IMF trojan loans, freedom from western control, freedom from hunger, ebola, disease, freedom from technological slavery, e.t.c. Africa will have total freedom and wealth when we get science right. This's what the west don't want Africa to know.

Neo-colonialism is very sophisticated tool for undervelopement as it includes elite brainwashing. As a matter of fact Neo-colonialism is targeted at African leaders cause that's the only way Africa and it's people will be remote controlled from overseas. You can read more about it at http://www.africason.com/2014/08/africa-must-rise-against-neo-colonialism.html

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by lastpage: 5:07pm On Aug 16, 2014
Genius100:

Dude, stop being an ignoramus. There are hundreds of known materials that are antibacterial and antiviral. Will you try all of them against ebola. Chemicals in Soap are antiviral and antibacterial. Will you drink soap to cure ebola? Again, Zmapp is not the only experimental drug out there. There are several others. Those stand a better chance that your stupid nanosilver which charlatans claim cure cancer, ebola and all other kinds of diseases...

No need to be "insulting", Mr. Intelligence! grin grin grin grin

Now, can you tell us what is in Zmapp Pleaze?
At least it is being injected into humans!

If you read the source- post properly, you will have read where it was said to have been tested on Monkeys, to cure other viral infection , next stage is humans!

...but l guess you are so eager to insult and show us that you are Mr. Intelligence. shocked

Welcome, you hear. undecided undecided

Lastpage!

Zmapp, you wont be given..
Nano Silver, ....you are not ready to experiment on, with even Monkeys.....

What else? SLOW DEATH?
Jeez! Keep waiting on America for your miracle
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by EasternLeopard: 5:56pm On Aug 16, 2014
musicwriter:

As someone already told you it's not about politics but what Fela called "follow follow". This "follow follow" mentality is a big disease killing African elites today. The west want Africa to be forever dependent because that's how they get rich. Soon you will hear they've come up with a magical drug that cure ebola in 24 hours and western pharmaceutical companies will start smiling to the bank out of our penury.

Neo-colonialism is very sophisticated tool for undervelopement as it included elite brainwashing. As a matter of fact Neo-colonialism is targeted at African leaders cause that's the only way Africa and it's people will be remote controlled from overseas. You can read more about it at http://www.africason.com/2014/08/africa-must-rise-against-neo-colonialism.html

Of all commentators you are the only person that sees what I see in Black Africa educational sector.

Unlike you, have discovered that introducing Basic Engineering-Technology from primary 1 - 500level is the answer if it focuses only on 2 knowledge which are 1) How things work
2) How things are produced

To me, I do not see any conspiracy against Blacks because, despite that the whites fear the Asians more than Africans , a fear that arose after Japan prove herself in WW2, it didn't stop them from transferring their industries to Asia.

To me the white capitalists want access to more wealth and will side with any Africa group that will give her access to Africa's market and resources.

Remember the Biafran war

Ojukwu was opposed by white capitalists because he seems to be among those Africans who will not give the white capitalists access to Africa's wealth and resources.

Pls note one fact

These white capitalists hold no allegiance to themselves or the white population.

The Best way to overcome them is to play along with them for now while reforming our education and connecting it with investors who will build industries out of it

For example

Imagine all private/public higher institutions decides to ask students to contribute 1000naira so that they can use it to design and fabricate a DRONE with the intention to invite people like Dangote to build an industry out of it that will fetch money for them and the investors. Do you know that they would have goon far by now.

But ask yourself

What is National University Commission doing concerning this ideal I stated above.? Nothing Nothing Nothing.
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by Genius100: 7:02pm On Aug 16, 2014
lastpage:

No need to be "insulting", Mr. Intelligence! grin grin grin grin

Now, can you tell us what is in Zmapp Pleaze?
At least it is being injected into humans!

If you read the source- post properly, you will have read where it was said to have been tested on Monkeys, to cure other viral infection , next stage is humans!

...but l guess you are so eager to insult and show us that you are Mr. Intelligence. shocked

Welcome, you hear. undecided undecided

Lastpage!

Zmapp, you wont be given..
Nano Silver, ....you are not ready to experiment on, with even Monkeys.....

What else? SLOW DEATH?
Jeez! Keep waiting on America for your miracle

Zmapp is monoclonal antibody. Essentially Ebola virus was injected in some type of animal and the antibody produced against the virus was purified and optimized to work in humans. Nanosilver has not been tested on monkeys. It has not been tested on even lab mice. Nanosilver has antiviral and antibacteria properties in-vitro, and there is nothing new about this discovery. A thousand years ago, people know silver had antimicrobial properties. Anyways, what I'm telling you is that there are other experimental drugs out there that has been shown to work in monkeys. They have even shown promise in humans. We should be focusing on those, not nanosilver..
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by musicwriter(m): 7:08pm On Aug 16, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Of all commentators you are the only person that sees what I see in Black Africa educational sector.

Unlike you, have discovered that introducing Basic Engineering-Technology from primary 1 - 500level is the answer if it focuses only on 2 knowledge which are 1) How things work
2) How things are produced

To me, I do not see any conspiracy against Blacks because, despite that the whites fear the Asians more than Africans , a fear that arose after Japan prove herself in WW2, it didn't stop them from transferring their industries to Asia.

To me the white capitalists want access to more wealth and will side with any Africa group that will give her access to Africa's market and resources.

Remember the Biafran war

Ojukwu was opposed by white capitalists because he seems to be among those Africans who will not give the white capitalists access to Africa's wealth and resources.

Pls note one fact

These white capitalists hold no allegiance to themselves or the white population.

The Best way to overcome them is to play along with them for now while reforming our education and connecting it with investors who will build industries out of it

For example

Imagine all private/public higher institutions decides to ask students to contribute 1000naira so that they can use it to design and fabricate a DRONE with the intention to invite people like Dangote to build an industry out of it that will fetch money for them and the investors. Do you know that they would have goon far by now.

But ask yourself

What is National University Commission doing concerning this ideal I stated above.? Nothing Nothing Nothing.

Nice to hear your opinion. But, I've already talked in details about early science education as the solution at http://www.africason.com/2014/06/african-school-of-grassroots-science.html?m=1
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by amanikondo: 7:18pm On Aug 16, 2014
emmydeep: So Lagos state APC government rejected Nigeria's found Nanosilver simple because America told them not to accept it?

Where is the brains of these APC people? Why won't they use there brain for once?

Africa will remain enslaved to the evil western world unless, we change and let true love lead.

We have to emancipate ourselves from mental slavery to take charge of our destiny.

In Africa, WE HAVE THE PEOPLE, WE HAVE THE POWER, THE WISDOM AND KNOWLEDGE TO LEAD THE WORLD BUT BITTERNESS AND HATERADE WON'T LET US GROW.

Please someone should tell Fashola to stop his level of stupidity and madness. He should ignore America that hates Nigerians.
Always blaming West for their predicament. The West you first run to for help for Zmapp. The West from WHO,still the main doctor treating Ebola at Yaba while your folks ran.

Please google Nano Silver. Which Nigerians will make a drug like that that will not attached his or her name to it. That was a fake Nano silver announced by your incompetent Minister. http://drrimatruthreports.com/ebola-threat-dr-rima-recommends-nano-silver/
Re: Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver by BTT(m): 7:22pm On Aug 16, 2014
chukwuma101: Easy! I have not come here to argue "politicking" and how it "makes us stop employing our brains". I do not support the administration of an under researched drug on humans. I only raised an objective concern that highlights Western hypocrisy. Last year in USA, a police man was fired for shooting @ a squirrel, but the same nation intentionally injects a lethal virus in an animal to text the efficacy of their drug. My question is, "Is it right or wrong" "how negligible or otherwise is the life of an animal" what is the stand of the world in violence against animals" How much does the sacrosanctity of our life compare to that of our animal brothers?

ok

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Swollen Testicles: My Right Egg Is 3 Times The Size Of My Left Egg, Help / Nigeria's Coronavirus Index Patient Discharged After Testing Negative / I Have The Feeling To Urinate After Every One Hour, Please Help A Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.