Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,870 members, 7,810,318 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

Please Help A Java Newbie - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please Help A Java Newbie (868 Views)

Help A Java Newbie With This Simple Java Program / Help A JAVA Newbie / Im A Java Expert Here To Teach Those Who Wants To Learn. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help A Java Newbie by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 16, 2014
Good day great minds of the this section

I'm so passionate in learning java, I've gone thru some threads here seen some tutorials on YouTube, but the stuf is still not clean

Abeg some body should tell me In plain understandable Naija language the softwares/application I need to download or install to start programming in java

I know of java jdk(don't know the version tho)
I know notepad ++
I know eclipse ide(don't know the version)

these are the few kits I've been able to read up online

please someone help with the full list of the kits, versions and probably the download link

and also can I go out and buy those softwares cds and install them myself?

NB: I don't have any prior knowledge in programing

Thanks in advance
Re: Please Help A Java Newbie by Drniyi4u(m): 1:57pm On Aug 16, 2014
For beginner, I'll advise u use your notepad and command prompt because in case of any mistake, U'll av to work hard and get it yourself.
Better still, u can use Netbeans, Plato IDE, JCreator nd various other IDEs available
Re: Please Help A Java Newbie by cyrielo(m): 2:49pm On Aug 16, 2014
Yungwizzzy: Good day great minds of the this section

I'm so passionate in learning java, I've gone thru some threads here seen some tutorials on YouTube, but the stuf is still not clean

Abeg some body should tell me In plain understandable Naija language the softwares/application I need to download or install to start programming in java

I know notepad ++

please someone help with the full list of the kits, versions and probably the download link

Thanks in advance

All your questions answered here

https://www.nairaland.com/1147325/want-learn-programming-which-language
Re: Please Help A Java Newbie by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 16, 2014
cyrielo:

All your questions answered here

https://www.nairaland.com/1147325/want-learn-programming-which-language

I've been all over that thread, but I seem not to understand where I can get the necessary kits and accordingly

thanks
Re: Please Help A Java Newbie by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 16, 2014
Drniyi4u: For beginner, I'll advise u use your notepad and command prompt because in case of any mistake, U'll av to work hard and get it yourself.
Better still, u can use Netbeans, Plato IDE, JCreator nd various other IDEs available

you forgot I don't know does software's you're talking about

pls just list the 'only necessary' software/apps I need on my laptop to write java, and I'll continue from there

thanks
Re: Please Help A Java Newbie by Drniyi4u(m): 4:36pm On Aug 16, 2014
Yungwizzzy:

pls just list the 'only necessary' software/apps I need on my laptop to write java, and I'll continue from there

thanks
notepad nd cmd is enough!

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Java Newbie by Ymodulus: 5:44pm On Aug 16, 2014
Drniyi4u: notepad nd cmd is enough!
suggest an editor that can give him highlighting functions , syntax or all the full functions that can be expected from a good editor
Re: Please Help A Java Newbie by GodMode: 5:44pm On Aug 16, 2014
Yungwizzzy:

thanks

Lies you have not watched any youtube videos cos they always explain what you need or you probably watched something else.

Only necessary software
1) Netbeans ide or eclipse ide
2) Jdk

Check out this videos
http://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFE2CE09D83EE3E28&itct=CFsQojAiEwj084OJnZjAAhXEs8IKHYgBABM%3D&gl=DE&hl=en&client=mv-google

Now get out of here and go bcom a java lord
HAPPY CODING
Re: Please Help A Java Newbie by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 16, 2014
GodMode:

Lies you have not watched any youtube videos cos they always explain what you need or you probably watched something else.

Only necessary software
1) Netbeans ide or eclipse ide
2) Jdk

Check out this videos
http://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFE2CE09D83EE3E28&itct=CFsQojAiEwj084OJnZjAAhXEs8IKHYgBABM%3D&gl=DE&hl=en&client=mv-google

Now get out of here and go bcom a java lord
HAPPY CODING

thanks boss
Re: Please Help A Java Newbie by henryobinna(m): 9:32pm On Aug 16, 2014
Yungwizzzy: Good day great minds of the this section

I know notepad ++

Thanks in advance
is this not Yungwizzy the brother of Andyblaze, the two hoax posters?
Yungwizzy is this one of your hoax?

anyway you need jdk7 (usually written jdk1.7) or the latest jdk 8 and note anyone you are downloading download it with its doc file. preferably go to their official site. oracle.com click on download and select your choice of jdk version.
then if you think you need an IDE(its important for future use)
try out eclipse, its one of the most popular (if not)
to download it go to eclipse.org select your prefered version and your machine(your PC os, linux, mac, windows.)

hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Java Newbie by sealteam66(m): 10:41pm On Aug 16, 2014
Yungwizzy

You can use a jdk and note pad

Or you can install a netbean IDE Jdk combo

(I would have asked for your email address so i can send it to you, but I will use up most of my data)

Here is the link http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk-7-netbeans-download-432126.html

The program that you are looking for is jdk-7u65-nb-8-windows-i586.exe

Ok

(1) (Reply)

Help Needed ... A Newbie In Php And Javascript / How To Edit The Source Code Of Joomla Individual Pages / Rust & Go - Two Programming Languages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.