Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,808 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:07 PM

Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » (49650 Views)

Mbaka, Catholic And Politics: Nigerian Tweets Interesting Facts / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by BrotherJohn: 4:20am On Aug 17, 2014
kcowen: Another Interesting Fact (1)You Cant Read The Bible straight 3hours without getting Confused(cos its the most confused and controversial Book,but still truth) (2)The most used and Popular verse in the Bible is John 3:16 "For God so Love The World that he gave his only begotten son...................

Look friend, I've been enjoying the beautiful Florida weather in Orlando with the rain, humidity and fresh air and you dare come and say this nonsense? Please, don't get me started.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by ramalot(m): 4:22am On Aug 17, 2014
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by cloudstar: 4:23am On Aug 17, 2014
chukwudi44: The Bible contains 73 books and not 66.The actual breakdown is 46 books in the old testament and 27 in the new testament.Please kindly correct that.

Which Bible are you referring to?

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by cloudstar: 4:25am On Aug 17, 2014
GodMode: There is no god
(I know people are gonna quote "the fool says in his bla bla bla)...

If Africans were more focused on reality they will be better by now.
Religion is man made.

Why hasn't your god removed ebola from nigeria

If God removes Ebola from Nigeria does that make him any less God or does that give you a ground to believe in Him?

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by cloudstar: 4:25am On Aug 17, 2014
GodMode:

The bible and other "holy books" is a script and a way to keep blacks from reality.

You don't say - care to explain what you are talking about?
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by opeano(m): 4:27am On Aug 17, 2014
alcuin: A book of fables. How can someone believe in the tower of babel? If God was so pissed with men that sought to build a structure to reach the sky, I wonder what he will do modern space scientist.

The world was flooded in 40 days by rain? Today rain falls for over 100 days in some pacific islands.

Virgin birth Now seriously, if ur wife approaches u today and tells u that she's pregnant by the power of the Holy Spirit, would u believe.

How can a reasonable person believe in a book whose writers never saw what are writing about. Paul never saw Jesus. Matthew, John, Mark, Luke are pen names of unknown writers.

Pauls case is more interesting. Can u imagine Adolf Hitler after killing millions of Jews, taking a stroll to Berlin and said he has changed and started writing Jewish scriptures and expect the Jews to take me seriously?

Let me stop here
I would av loved to make you see The Bible clearer than you have seen it, but It will require that you open ur heart from all prejudice, I will try the little I can.
1.The virgin birth: It was made possible cos God wanted to show supremacy, if He is sending his son to Earth through Humans, He needs to distinguish HIM from them, Joseph refused the pregnancy, just like anyone today will do, but It took God's intervention for him to accept Mary
2. paul was persecuting a small number of christians(not a nation or a race) and the christian religion doesnt teach us to stone our enemy, rather, it asks us to bless doz dat curse us, pray for them etc. (Matt 5 vs 44), so, u wouldnt expect us to kill someone that was an enemy and later came confessin the same faith He was persecuting.
I can go on and on showing you things you couldnt see, but then, I wouldnt b sure if You av the open mind to reason with me
btw, wat Do U believe?

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by cloudstar: 4:28am On Aug 17, 2014
GodMode:

The bible can not accurately tell future. The bible and other "holy books" are scripts that are been followed thereby making it seem like its predicting the future. There is no god

If you are looking for the winning numbers of the lottery - no book will give that to you as well. What is your basis for claiming that there is no God?
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by DonaldGenes(m): 4:31am On Aug 17, 2014
patostation:

As an 'educated' person, I believe you used a sort of book to learn: how to be a lawyer, how to be a doctor, how to be an engineer etc. If you were able to get your "knowlege" from what the authors wrote without meeting those authors physically, I expect you to use your intellect similarly regarding whatthe Bible teaches on child upbringing, business, relationship with others. If you want me to spell it out, YOU CAN READ GOD'S BOOK WITHOUT GOD COMING DOWN TO SEE YOU IN YOUR HOUSE.

I am unable to get a firm grasp of what you scribbled down bros, I am a guy of few words, if you believe in a mere man like you than believe in God then so be it..Nobody forces you to believe, it is your own cup of tea but time will definitely tell who owns your life .. I am sure you you have never ask yourself "All these scientists who came up with one or few theories, where are they now? Were they able to help themselves by making themselves immortal? Nope, What did The bible say about the wages if sin? death which is appointed for all human at a given time? Every thing has time..Day/Night/Heaven/Earth/ everything God made is perfectly synchronised - Am sure you still wanna disbelieve that right?

I hope you don't deny yourself one day...

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Atmmachine(m): 4:39am On Aug 17, 2014
Please, who wrote the bible ??

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by DonaldGenes(m): 4:39am On Aug 17, 2014
ramalot:

Please point me in the direction of any sense in what you've written.

That's why you need help like seriously?

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by DonaldGenes(m): 4:45am On Aug 17, 2014
Atmmachine: Please, who wrote the bible ??
I stand to be corrected though....
No other book took so long to complete as the Bible. In 1513 B.C.E. Moses began Bible writing. Other sacred writings were added to the inspired Scriptures until sometime after 443 B.C.E. when Nehemiah and Malachi completed their books. Then there was a gap in Bible writing for almost 500 years, until the apostle Matthew penned his historic account. Nearly 60 years later John, the last of the apostles, contributed his Gospel and three letters to complete the Bible’s canon. So, all together, a period of some 1,610 years was involved in producing the Bible. All the cowriters were Hebrews and, hence, part of that people “entrusted with the sacred pronouncements

But above all, The signature of God is nothing but LOVE AND PEACE FOR ALL OF US INCLUDING THOSE WHO DON'T BELIEVE IN HIM..
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by blakky97(m): 4:45am On Aug 17, 2014
I believe the Bible to be the work of man that has been corrupted many hundreds of times over the years to fit in with the ideology of the times. Many of you choose to read and take all the Bibles writings as being true and accurate without question. I am more open minded and willing to question the facts.

I do not want to attack anybody, but below are a list of contradictions in the Holy Bible and I would be interested in hearing from people and how such mistakes and errors can be possible in the book of God?

1. Who incited David to count the fighting men of Israel?

* God did (2 Samuel 24: 1)
* Satan did (I Chronicles 2 1:1)

2. In that count how many fighting men were found in Israel?

* Eight hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)
* One million, one hundred thousand (I Chronicles 21:5)

3. How many fighting men were found in Judah?

* Five hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)
* Four hundred and seventy thousand (I Chronicles 21:5)

4. God sent his prophet to threaten David with how many years of famine?

* Seven (2 Samuel 24:13)
* Three (I Chronicles 21:12)

5. How old was Ahaziah when he began to rule over Jerusalem?

* Twenty-two (2 Kings 8:26)
* Forty-two (2 Chronicles 22:2)

6. How old was Jehoiachin when he became king of Jerusalem?

* Eighteen (2 Kings 24:
* Eight (2 Chronicles 36:9)

7. How long did he rule over Jerusalem?

* Three months (2 Kings 24:
* Three months and ten days (2 Chronicles 36:9)

8. The chief of the mighty men of David lifted up his spear and killed how many men at one time?

* Eight hundred (2 Samuel 23:
* Three hundred (I Chronicles 11: 11)

9. When did David bring the Ark of the Covenant to Jerusalem? Before defeating the Philistines or after?

* After (2 Samuel 5 and 6)
* Before (I Chronicles 13 and 14)

10. How many pairs of clean animals did God tell Noah to take into the Ark?

* Two (Genesis 6:19, 20)
* Seven (Genesis 7:2). But despite this last instruction only two pairs went into the ark (Genesis 7:8-9)

11. When David defeated the King of Zobah, how many horsemen did he capture?

* One thousand and seven hundred (2 Samuel 8:4)
* Seven thousand (I Chronicles 18:4)

12. How many stalls for horses did Solomon have?

* Forty thousand (I Kings 4:26)
* Four thousand (2 chronicles 9:25)

13. In what year of King Asa's reign did Baasha, King of Israel die?

* Twenty-sixth year (I Kings 15:33 - 16:
* Still alive in the thirty-sixth year (2 Chronicles 16:1)

14. How many overseers did Solomon appoint for the work of building the temple?

* Three thousand six hundred (2 Chronicles 2:2)
* Three thousand three hundred (I Kings 5:16)

15. Solomon built a facility containing how many baths?

* Two thousand (1 Kings 7:26)
* Over three thousand (2 Chronicles 4:5)

16. Of the Israelites who were freed from the Babylonian captivity, how many were the children of Pahrath-Moab?

* Two thousand eight hundred and twelve (Ezra 2:6)
* Two thousand eight hundred and eighteen (Nehemiah 7:11)

17. How many were the children of Zattu?

* Nine hundred and forty-five (Ezra 2:
* Eight hundred and forty-five (Nehemiah 7:13)

18. How many were the children of Azgad?

* One thousand two hundred and twenty-two (Ezra 2:12)
* Two thousand three hundred and twenty-two (Nehemiah 7:17)

19. How many were the children of Adin?

* Four hundred and fifty-four (Ezra 2:15)
* Six hundred and fifty-five (Nehemiah 7:20)

20. How many were the children of Hashum?

* Two hundred and twenty-three (Ezra 2:19)
* Three hundred and twenty-eight (Nehemiah 7:22)

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by blakky97(m): 4:46am On Aug 17, 2014
21. How many were the children of Bethel and Ai?

* Two hundred and twenty-three (Ezra 2:28)
* One hundred and twenty-three (Nehemiah 7:32)

22. Ezra 2:64 and Nehemiah 7:66 agree that the total number of the whole assembly was 42,360. Yet the numbers do not add up to anything close. The totals obtained from each book is as follows:

* 29,818 (Ezra)
* 31,089 (Nehemiah)

23. How many singers accompanied the assembly?

* Two hundred (Ezra 2:65)
* Two hundred and forty-five (Nehemiah 7:67)

24. What was the name of King Abijahs mother?

* Michaiah, daughter of Uriel of Gibeah (2 Chronicles 13:2)
* Maachah, daughter of Absalom (2 Chronicles 11:20) But Absalom had only one daughter whose name was Tamar (2 Samuel 14:27)

25. Did Joshua and the Israelites capture Jerusalem?

* Yes (Joshua 10:23, 40)
* No (Joshua 15:63)

26. Who was the father of Joseph, husband of Mary?

* Jacob (Matthew 1:16)
* Hell (Luke 3:23)

27. Jesus descended from which son of David?

* Solomon (Matthew 1:6)
* Nathan(Luke3:31)

28. Who was the father of Shealtiel?

* Jechoniah (Matthew 1:12)
* Neri (Luke 3:27)

29. Which son of Zerubbabel was an ancestor of Jesus Christ?

* Abiud (Matthew 1: 13)
* Rhesa (Luke 3:27) But the seven sons of Zerubbabel are as follows: i.Meshullam, ii. Hananiah, iii. Hashubah, iv. Ohel, v.Berechiah, vi. Hasadiah, viii. Jushabhesed (I Chronicles 3:19, 20). The names Abiud and Rhesa do not fit in anyway.

30. Who was the father of Uzziah?

* Joram (Matthew 1:
* Amaziah (2 Chronicles 26:1)

31. Who was the father of Jechoniah?

* Josiah (Matthew 1:11)
* Jeholakim (I Chronicles 3:16)

32. How many generations were there from the Babylonian exile until Christ?

* Matthew says fourteen (Matthew 1:17)
* But a careful count of the generations reveals only thirteen (see Matthew 1: 12-16)

33. Who was the father of Shelah?

* Cainan (Luke 3:35-36)
* Arphaxad (Genesis II: 12)

34. Was John the Baptist Elijah who was to come?

* Yes (Matthew II: 14, 17:10-13)
* No (John 1:19-21)

35. Would Jesus inherit Davids throne?

* Yes. So said the angel (Luke 1:32)
* No, since he is a descendant of Jehoiakim (see Matthew 1: I 1, I Chronicles 3:16). And Jehoiakim was cursed by God so that none of his descendants can sit upon Davids throne (Jeremiah 36:30)

36. Jesus rode into Jerusalem on how many animals?

* One - a colt (Mark 11:7; cf Luke 19:3 5). And they brought the colt to Jesus and threw their garments on it; and he sat upon it.
* Two - a colt and an Bottom (Matthew 21:7). They brought the Bottom and the colt and put their garments on them and he sat thereon.

37. How did Simon Peter find out that Jesus was the Christ?

* By a revelation from heaven (Matthew 16:17)
* His brother Andrew told him (John 1:41)

38. Where did Jesus first meet Simon Peter and Andrew?

* By the sea of Galilee (Matthew 4:18-22)
* On the banks of river Jordan (John 1:42). After that, Jesus decided to go to Galilee (John 1:43)

39. When Jesus met Jairus was Jairus daughter already dead?

* Yes. Matthew 9:18 quotes him as saying, My daughter has just died.
* No. Mark 5:23 quotes him as saying, My little daughter is at the point of death.

40. Did Jesus allow his disciples to keep a staff on their journey?

* Yes (Mark 6:
* No (Matthew 10:9; Luke 9:3)

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by sugaarbear(m): 4:47am On Aug 17, 2014
intresting
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by ramalot(m): 4:49am On Aug 17, 2014
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by BrotherJohn: 4:51am On Aug 17, 2014
blakky97: I believe the Bible to be the work of man that has been corrupted many hundreds of times over the years to fit in with the ideology of the times. Many of you choose to read and take all the Bibles writings as being true and accurate without question. I am more open minded and willing to question the facts.

I do not want to attack anybody, but below are a list of contradictions in the Holy Bible and I would be interested in hearing from people and how such mistakes and errors can be possible in the book of God?

2. In that count how many fighting men were found in Israel?

* Eight hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)
* One million, one hundred thousand (I Chronicles 21:5)

3. How many fighting men were found in Judah?

* Five hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)
* Four hundred and seventy thousand (I Chronicles 21:5)

4. God sent his prophet to threaten David with how many years of famine?

* Seven (2 Samuel 24:13)
* Three (I Chronicles 21:12)

5. How old was Ahaziah when he began to rule over Jerusalem?

* Twenty-two (2 Kings 8:26)
* Forty-two (2 Chronicles 22:2)

* Eighteen (2 Kings 24:

7. How long did he rule over Jerusalem?

* Three months (2 Kings 24:
* Three months and ten days (2 Chronicles 36:9)

8. The chief of the mighty men of David lifted up his spear and killed how many men at one time?

* Eight hundred (2 Samuel 23:
* Three hundred (I Chronicles 11: 11)

9. When did David bring the Ark of the Covenant to Jerusalem? Before defeating the Philistines or after?

* After (2 Samuel 5 and 6)
* Before (I Chronicles 13 and 14)

10. How many pairs of clean animals did God tell Noah to take into the Ark?

* Two (Genesis 6:19, 20)
* Seven (Genesis 7:2). But despite this last instruction only two pairs went into the ark (Genesis 7:8-9)

11. When David defeated the King of Zobah, how many horsemen did he capture?

* One thousand and seven hundred (2 Samuel 8:4)
* Seven thousand (I Chronicles 18:4)

12. How many stalls for horses did Solomon have?

* Forty thousand (I Kings 4:26)
* Four thousand (2 chronicles 9:25)

13. In what year of King Asa's reign did Baasha, King of Israel die?

* Twenty-sixth year (I Kings 15:33 - 16:
* Still alive in the thirty-sixth year (2 Chronicles 16:1)

14. How many overseers did Solomon appoint for the work of building the temple?

* Three thousand six hundred (2 Chronicles 2:2)
* Three thousand three hundred (I Kings 5:16)

15. Solomon built a facility containing how many baths?

* Two thousand (1 Kings 7:26)
* Over three thousand (2 Chronicles 4:5)

16. Of the Israelites who were freed from the Babylonian captivity, how many were the children of Pahrath-Moab?

* Two thousand eight hundred and twelve (Ezra 2:6)
* Two thousand eight hundred and eighteen (Nehemiah 7:11)

17. How many were the children of Zattu?

* Nine hundred and forty-five (Ezra 2:
* Eight hundred and forty-five (Nehemiah 7:13)

18. How many were the children of Azgad?

* One thousand two hundred and twenty-two (Ezra 2:12)
* Two thousand three hundred and twenty-two (Nehemiah 7:17)

19. How many were the children of Adin?

* Four hundred and fifty-four (Ezra 2:15)
* Six hundred and fifty-five (Nehemiah 7:20)

20. How many were the children of Hashum?

* Two hundred and twenty-three (Ezra 2:19)
* Three hundred and twenty-eight (Nehemiah 7:22)

Some people are just too sick that only God can help them! I think you're one of them, was this thread for picking out what you claim to be bible mistakes? Why can't you just start another thread instead of hijacking this one?

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by famora(m): 4:52am On Aug 17, 2014
AlfaSeltzer: The bible is the first zombie book to be translated into more than 200 languages.
. Stupidity of the highest order, ibi ti o ti ma n bere le le yi o
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by sugaarbear(m): 4:52am On Aug 17, 2014
tobyemmanuel:
Wetin concern me. A book you will start reading till the end of your life(I prophesy).
and in that same book lies your blessing, deliverance ,and salvation
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by patostation(m): 4:57am On Aug 17, 2014
DonaldGenes:

I am unable to get a firm grasp of what you scribbled down bros, I am a guy of few words, if you believe in a mere man like you than believe in God then so be it..Nobody forces you to believe, it is your own cup of tea but time will definitely tell who owns your life .. I am sure you you have never ask yourself "All these scientists who came up with one or few theories, where are they now? Were they able to help themselves by making themselves immortal? Nope, What did The bible say about the wages if sin? death which is appointed for all human at a given time? Every thing has time..Day/Night/Heaven/Earth/ everything God made is perfectly synchronised - Am sure you still wanna disbelieve that right?

I hope you don't deny yourself one day...

You need to read what I said properly, you kind of failed to see that I was responding to someone who asked me whether I will wait for God to come down from heaven to teach me child upbringing etc.

It appears you believe in God just as I do. Read my earlier posts.

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by chuqudy(m): 5:00am On Aug 17, 2014
DikeTonto
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by iceberylin(m): 5:04am On Aug 17, 2014
when i saw samson and solomon as the strongest and wisest....i was surprised cause the OP didnt say Respectively,nai i km dh wonder if samSon na the wisest nai be say all the people for bible na Odeh
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by DonaldGenes(m): 5:06am On Aug 17, 2014
[quote author=blakky97]

1. Who incited David to count the fighting men of Israel [quote]
Let me help,

2 Samuel 24:1 “And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah.”

1 Chronicles 21:1 “And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.”

In 2 Samuel it says “he” moved David to number God’s people. In the context “he” seems to be the “LORD” because no other name is mentioned in that verse. Also that verse tells us the “anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel”. We are not told as to why the Lord was angry. It is probably the setting in of pride and self confidence because of the greatness that Israel attained under the rule of King David. Instead on depending of God they were relying on the arm of flesh.

When David went to fight the mighty giant Goliath he did not trust in the armor of King Saul and earthly instruments of war. He trusted in the Lord and went with the shepherd’s sling and stones, and filled with faith in God. And the Lord gave him victory. Now David and started to count on the strength of the men of war that he had and was loosing sight of God who was their shield and defense.

Now was it the Lord or Satan who provoked David to number Israel and Judah? Well, both are true. It is the two sides of the same coin. When we place ourselves in the side of Satan and sin then God permits the devil to have his way on us. The Devil cannot touch us unless God’s restraining power is removed as we see in the case of Job. Satan struck Job but it was God who gave him permission to do so for a reason. (See Job chapter 1)

~So also in the case of Adam and Eve—God permitted the Devil to tempt the couple. If God didn’t allow the devil to come there he couldn’t. But God warned them what to do. The choice was theirs.

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by GodMode: 5:07am On Aug 17, 2014
DonaldGenes:

If you say, it therefore means there is NO you., you don't exist since You created yourself alone...

Ignorant is seriously a deadly disease

The creator created everything in the world. The creator is not god
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by GodMode: 5:08am On Aug 17, 2014
patostation:

The Bible itself says something interesting about those who say God does not exist (Ps 14 and 53) Ro 1:20 says that after seeing all of God's creations including yourself, that you have no excuse not to believe in him. Heb 3:4 concludes that if someone built the house you live, then you should not question who made the universe, the cells, the DNA, the elements and you yourself.

Regarding prophecy, I'll tell you the one fulfilling now: 2Pet 3:3,4 (ridiculers); 2Tim 3:1-5 (blasphemers and lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God); Luke 21:10,11/Revelation 6:1-8 (plagues and pestilence incuding ebola, increased strife earthwide).

For those who claim they don't believe in God, we know what they always do when they are sick, in danger or when they are about to die. They usually but belatedly cry for God's intervention: "God pls help me", "God pls help my wife to deliver safely", "God heal me of this sickness", "God...God...God..."

There is no god... Keep reading the holy books you know nothing about.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by GodMode: 5:10am On Aug 17, 2014
cloudstar:

If you are looking for the winning numbers of the lottery - no book will give that to you as well. What is your basis for claiming that there is no God?

cloudstar:

If God removes Ebola from Nigeria does that make him any less God or does that give you a ground to believe in Him?

cloudstar:

You don't say - care to explain what you are talking about?

The creator is not god.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by DonaldGenes(m): 5:10am On Aug 17, 2014
patostation:

You need to read what I said properly, you kind of failed to see that I was responding to someone who asked me whether I will wait for God to come down from heaven to teach me child upbringing etc.

It appears you believe in God just as I do. Read my earlier posts.

Why wouldn't I believe in God who created me? Abi I dey mad? Oh yea, maybe i didn't understand what you wrote now I do...
God is Great all the time... He is the reason i am alive
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by DonaldGenes(m): 5:12am On Aug 17, 2014
GodMode:

The creator created everything in the world. The creator is not god

Lmao! This boy, youd brain need real formatting

So, the creator is who? Your papa abi

Go and sleep
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Nobody: 5:14am On Aug 17, 2014
GodMode: There is no god
(I know people are gonna quote "the fool says in his bla bla bla)...

If Africans were more focused on reality they will be better by now.
Religion is man made.

Why hasn't your god removed ebola from nigeria??
There is one chapter that is
repeated twice in the Bible: (Psalms
14 and Psalms 53) 'The fool says in
his heart, "there is no God." They
are corrupt, their deeds are vile;
there is no one who does good.'
However, they are not mirror
images of each other.

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Malakh: 5:22am On Aug 17, 2014
Number one best selling book every year, it is the hope of mankind through the Hamashiac, I'm incomplete without it

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by patostation(m): 5:33am On Aug 17, 2014
I believe the Bible to be the work of man that has been corrupted many hundreds of times over the years to fit in with the ideology of the times. Many of you choose to read and take all the Bibles writings as being true and accurate without question. I am more open minded and willing to question the facts.

* Eighteen (2 Kings 24:

I have not gone through all you mentioned. But I have checked No. 6 and it is false. Both scriptures say 18 years. If you compare No. 1 in different translations, you will notice that both are saying the same thing. The NWT says at 2Sam 24:1 "The anger of God blazed against Israel when 'one' incited David..." 1Chr now calls that 'one' by name Satan

But where discrepancies exist, they can only be explained the way you expain typographic errors today. Think about this: if your boss asks you to write 200 and you thought you heard 300, your boss will not be blamed.

Also a prince may be too young to mount the throne when his father died can be reported by one writer as having started his reign at say 4 years of age while another writer may include more information to the effect that the prince started ruling via a regent. Both information will be correct.

Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Rexyl(m): 5:38am On Aug 17, 2014
alcuin: A book of fables. How can someone believe in the tower of babel? If God was so pissed with men that sought to build a structure to reach the sky, I wonder what he will do modern space scientist.

The world was flooded in 40 days by rain? Today rain falls for over 100 days in some pacific islands.

Virgin birth Now seriously, if ur wife approaches u today and tells u that she's pregnant by the power of the Holy Spirit, would u believe.

How can a reasonable person believe in a book whose writers never saw what are writing about. Paul never saw Jesus. Matthew, John, Mark, Luke are pen names of unknown writers.

Pauls case is more interesting. Can u imagine Adolf Hitler after killing millions of Jews, taking a stroll to Berlin and said he has changed and started writing Jewish scriptures and expect the Jews to take me seriously?

Let me stop here

2 Timothy 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
the bottom line.....
how I wish your blinded eyes are open to know and uphold the scriptural truth instead of playing with sin and deriving pleasure in it. Man you need to understand the Bible before talking jargons about it.
Re: Interesting Facts About The Bible!!! » » » by Okijajuju1(m): 5:39am On Aug 17, 2014
johnwizey: If you don't believe in him, pls don't try to confuse those that do....................everyman to his/her opinion

But you have no problems confusing others and staying confused.. grin

Oga, go and pay your tithe. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Sharon Oyakhilome And Phillip Frimpong Dance At Traditional Wedding (Video) / Dr. Sign Fireman: Man Of God Or Man Of Money? (Video Documentary) / What Christians Did For Muslims In Kaduna State

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90