Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,818 members, 7,831,666 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Top 12 Most Famous African Entertainers ( Photos ) - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top 12 Most Famous African Entertainers ( Photos ) (52938 Views)

Ten Most Famous People In Nigeria 2016 / PROF PELLER, The Enchanting Story Of Nigeria’s Most Famous Magician [PHOTOS] / Famous African-americans Of Igbo Descent. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 12 Most Famous African Entertainers ( Photos ) by Eyop: 9:58pm On Aug 27, 2014
Archildao:
Oops!Sorry,i'm A Sister.Call Me Old School I Dnt Care!All I Care About Is Good Music...I Also Love 'mario' By Franco.We've Got All The Above Collections In Our Archive Too.Glad To Meet Someone Who Shares Same Interest As Me!

Wow!! I love this and am impressed. Glad to meet a lady that appreciates 100% African music. "Mario" by franco was a fantastic album too and it was released in the 80's,I have franco's album from the late 60's till late 80's i.e 1989 because that's the year he died and his last album was "ATTENTION NA SIDA" meaning Beware of Aids.
Re: Top 12 Most Famous African Entertainers ( Photos ) by Archildao: 10:06pm On Aug 27, 2014
Eyop:

Wow!! I love this and am impressed. Glad to meet a lady that appreciates 100% African music. "Mario" by franco was a fantastic album too and it was released in the 80's,I have franco's album from the late 60's till late 80's i.e 1989 because that's the year he died and his last album was "ATTENTION NA SIDA" meaning Beware of Aids.
I Wish I Understood French It Will Help Me Appreciate Their Music More.Any Way,music Is All About Rythm...And These Guys Have Got Loads Of It.
Re: Top 12 Most Famous African Entertainers ( Photos ) by Eyop: 10:11pm On Aug 27, 2014
Archildao:
I Wish I Understood French It Will Help Me Appreciate Their Music More.Any Way,music Is All About Rythm...And These Guys Have Got Loads Of It.

Well, it's never late to learn French if you really have the interest in it. Do you know one of the Artist in the Group "Et le groupe Loketo" by name Jean Baron? That was another fantastic artist and i was shocked to receive the news of his death. He died 2005 i guess. I would have loved to create a thread about all these artists but the problem is that i wouldn't know the number of people that will appreciate such a thread. You know most people in Nija are so much with the new generation music that only last between 6 months and 1 year but unfortunately i can never invest my money in such musics.
Re: Top 12 Most Famous African Entertainers ( Photos ) by Archildao: 11:14pm On Aug 27, 2014
Eyop:

Well, it's never late to learn French if you really have the interest in it. Do you know one of the Artist in the Group "Et le groupe Loketo" by name Jean Baron? That was another fantastic artist and i was shocked to receive the news of his death. He died 2005 i guess. I would have loved to create a thread about all these artists but the problem is that i wouldn't know the number of people that will appreciate such a thread. You know most people in Nija are so much with the new generation music that only last between 6 months and 1 year but unfortunately i can never invest my money in such musics.
Sad!Didnt Know Jean Baron Is Dead.I Think Arlus Mabele Is Also A Member Of The Loketo Group?Would Love To Learn French,but Its Not Easy To Seek A New Hubby While Combining Family And profession At The Same Time.
I Only Visit Nairaland To Cool Off From The Days Stress.
Re: Top 12 Most Famous African Entertainers ( Photos ) by Nobody: 11:51pm On Aug 27, 2014
Archildao:
My Whole Family Is In Love With His Music,most Especially My Dad.These DRC Guys Knows The Definition Of Good Music When It Comes To Entertainment.I Still Like Papa Wemba, Madilu(RIP), Yondo Sister, Mbilia Bel E.T.C.These Guys Rock!
Thumbs up! I didn't include some very good musicians from back then, because many people wouldn't even know them... Mbilia Bel was my icon while growing up. I liked Kanda Bongo man, Papa Wemba, Tabu Ley Rocheraux, Ernesto Dje Dje (cote D'Ivore), Bongos Ikwue (Nigeria), Rex Lawson, Nelly Uchendu, Onyeka Onwenu, Ebenezer Obey, Victor Olaiya, Oliver De Coque, Ewa Henshaw, E.T. Mensah (Ghana), Nada Al Qalaa (Sudan), Nico Mbarga (Cameroun), Angelique Kidjo (Benin), Brenda Fassie (South Africa), Mama Makiba, Lucky Dube.... The list is unending!

1 Like

Re: Top 12 Most Famous African Entertainers ( Photos ) by tomiobj(m): 1:56am On Aug 28, 2014
lalasticlala: lupita
. Who the he'll is lupita iyong. Based on popularity. Wiz kid nd davido should be no2 nd 3.
Re: Top 12 Most Famous African Entertainers ( Photos ) by punta(f): 2:10am On Aug 28, 2014
I have never been one to go crazy about celebrities but Fally Ipupa changed that for me. He looks kinda gay though but I don't want to know about that I am seriously tripping for that young man. I just might go seek him out one of these days. smiley
Re: Top 12 Most Famous African Entertainers ( Photos ) by easystudy101: 2:22am On Aug 28, 2014
wink winkna wa oo!

why i no dey dis list sef?

was it an omission? winkna wa oo111!

why i no dey dis list sef?

was it an omission?
Re: Top 12 Most Famous African Entertainers ( Photos ) by Eyop: 5:58am On Aug 28, 2014
Archildao:
Sad!Didnt Know Jean Baron Is Dead.I Think Arlus Mabele Is Also A Member Of The Loketo Group?Would Love To Learn French,but Its Not Easy To Seek A New Hubby While Combining Family And profession At The Same Time.
I Only Visit Nairaland To Cool Off From The Days Stress.

Yeah he's dead. Diblo Dibala formed the Group "Loketo" and Yes Aurlus mabele was also a member of that Group before the group broke up in the 90's. Yes i understand but at your leisure start with the basics and gradually improve on them. Cheers smiley

1 Like

Re: Top 12 Most Famous African Entertainers ( Photos ) by felzylix(m): 7:30am On Aug 28, 2014
Beesluv:

Wow, its like you know me from somewhere. you are so rightttt. Come for an elderly hug wink
save it for your grandies
Re: Top 12 Most Famous African Entertainers ( Photos ) by Beesluv: 8:36am On Aug 28, 2014
angry embarassed
felzylix: save it for your grandies
Re: Top 12 Most Famous African Entertainers ( Photos ) by Phame: 10:00am On Aug 28, 2014
Lalasticlala, i did not see oumou sangare, yusuf ndour, brenda, salisou(that albino frm senegal or mali). Ur list is questionable.
Re: Top 12 Most Famous African Entertainers ( Photos ) by Eyop: 10:07am On Aug 28, 2014
Phame: Lalasticlala, i did not see oumou sangare, yusuf ndour, brenda, salif Keita(that albino frm mali). Ur list is questionable.
smiley
Re: Top 12 Most Famous African Entertainers ( Photos ) by lalasticlala(m): 10:09am On Aug 28, 2014
Eyop:
smiley

BRENDA FASY was a top singa i knw
Re: Top 12 Most Famous African Entertainers ( Photos ) by Eyop: 10:13am On Aug 28, 2014
lalasticlala: BRENDA FASY was a top singa i knw
The South African artist. Yeah she was.
Re: Top 12 Most Famous African Entertainers ( Photos ) by Phame: 10:14am On Aug 28, 2014
Eyop:
smiley

thank u, bro!
Re: Top 12 Most Famous African Entertainers ( Photos ) by secnelly: 11:58am On Aug 28, 2014
okparaugo:

How much sef ? Smh.

You sellers..

just your gf.
Re: Top 12 Most Famous African Entertainers ( Photos ) by Nobody: 11:12pm On Aug 28, 2014
Afam4eva: What are Jackie Appiah and Lupita doing there? Where's PSquare?

You don't have to like Lupita, but she is FAMOUS whether people like it or not. It's not everyday people grace Hollywood magazines, one after another. We can't deny that Hollywood has made her famous. The only difference between Lupita and the other famous people is that she became famous overnight while others took 15-20 years to be who they are today. Fame just fell on her doorstep while the rest had to go through hell to acquire it. Oh well, what can we say? Some call it Mother Luck, others call it Lucky Star, Christians call it God's Favour. If you think she ain't famous, think again.

1 Like

Re: Top 12 Most Famous African Entertainers ( Photos ) by Afam4eva(m): 4:33am On Aug 29, 2014
GoodGirl2:

You don't have to like Lupita, but she is FAMOUS whether people like it or not. It's not everyday people grace Hollywood magazines, one after another. We can't deny that Hollywood has made her famous. The only difference between Lupita and the other famous people is that she became famous overnight while others took 15-20 years to be who they are today. Fame just fell on her doorstep while the rest had to go through hell to acquire it. Oh well, what can we say? Some call it Mother Luck, others call it Lucky Star, Christians call it God's Favour. If you think she ain't famous, think again.
Someone who just became famous at her own level just last year is now one of the most famous Africans? You got to be kidding me. And btw, i love Lupita but she shouldn't be on that list.
Re: Top 12 Most Famous African Entertainers ( Photos ) by Nobody: 8:09am On Aug 29, 2014
secnelly:

just your gf.

Can you pay ?
Re: Top 12 Most Famous African Entertainers ( Photos ) by Eyop: 2:35pm On Aug 29, 2014
Re: Top 12 Most Famous African Entertainers ( Photos ) by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 30, 2014
Afam4eva:
Someone who just became famous at her own level just last year is now one of the most famous Africans? You got to be kidding me. And btw, i love Lupita but she shouldn't be on that list.

I really don't think it matters whether she became famous in 2013 or 1997, point is, she is famous NOW.
Re: Top 12 Most Famous African Entertainers ( Photos ) by Afam4eva(m): 6:42pm On Aug 30, 2014
GoodGirl2:

I really don't think it matters whether she became famous in 2013 or 1997, point is, she is famous NOW.
But not that famous for her to be one of the most famous Africans.
Re: Top 12 Most Famous African Entertainers ( Photos ) by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 30, 2014
If you say so. undecided undecided
Re: Top 12 Most Famous African Entertainers ( Photos ) by frodobee: 2:39pm On Sep 01, 2014
echobee:
Re u ok sir? undecided
echobee ur name tempted me to answer your question. am OK. the answer to my question is the name of my top entertainer. do you get me?
Re: Top 12 Most Famous African Entertainers ( Photos ) by frodobee: 2:40pm On Sep 01, 2014
echobee:
Re u ok sir? undecided
Re: Top 12 Most Famous African Entertainers ( Photos ) by ifyonoj: 8:41pm On Sep 01, 2014
i beg why is fally ipupa looking like peter of psquare
Re: Top 12 Most Famous African Entertainers ( Photos ) by Sweetguy25: 7:01pm On Sep 15, 2017
Eyop:

. I would have loved to create a thread about all these artists but the problem is that i wouldn't know the number of people that will appreciate such a thread.You know most people in Nija are so much with the new generation music that only last between 6 months and 1 year but unfortunately i can never invest my money in such musics.

That makes two of us. I am die hard soukous fan. I can listen to soukous all day. In fact, i listen to soukous/rumba/kwasa kwasa all day. Its nice to see a Nigerian who shares same interest.
Re: Top 12 Most Famous African Entertainers ( Photos ) by Eyop: 10:45am On Sep 23, 2017
Sweetguy25:

That makes two of us. I am die hard soukous fan. I can listen to soukous all day. In fact, i listen to soukous/rumba/kwasa kwasa all day. Its nice to see a Nigerian who shares same interest.

I don't belong to the class of new generation music. Everyone that knows me well can answer that as a question. And my interest for the old generation music won't change. If the kind of music being released these days was the type released in the 60's, 70's, 80's...then i won't have any music to listen to.

Rhumba is good and if you are a die hard lover of Rhumba like you wrote, then you should appreciate Franco Luambo Makiadi who was the leader of ET LE TP OK JAZZ.

Soukouss is also good mostly when you listen to artist such as Alain kounkou, Alain makaba, Jean Baron, Diblo dibala, Freddy de majunga, Aurlus Mabele, Kanda bongo man, etc.

I invest in good music and that's the way it must be. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chinedu Ikedieze (Aki) Is An Old Man In "The Johnsons" (Photos) / D'banj Is Finally Getting Married; Wedding Billed To Hold On 12th December / Tiwa Savage Set To Remove Her Braces (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.