Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,522 members, 7,854,249 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 01:10 PM

Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors (36563 Views)

Why Sacked Doctors May Not Be Recalled - Fashola / Lagos Issues Quit Notice To Sacked Doctors. / Lagos Government Willing To Negotiate With Sacked Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by mikolo80: 7:52am On Aug 17, 2014
coldsummer: Great.

Medical profession should be more of saving lives and not more of making money
do you think anybody will do that wahala for free or do you know any school that trains them for free

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by Nobody: 7:53am On Aug 17, 2014
ALISMILE: For me I agree wit d FG on this one. These Drs ve no value for human lives they re suppose to b protectin. They re naturally well paid already. Wat else do they want? Must evrybdy milk this country dry. For me the most dangerous job in this country is being a Policeman. They re killed on a daily basis and there is no person to fight for them. They re d least paid in d world and they can't even go on strike. Thank God I don't fall sick wit my constant MORINGA and my early mornin water therapy.
in d end you will still die of sickness or accident. i pray in ur old age ur children will take you to hospitals for medical attention . by then medical profession will be history in nigeria. i am going to ensure that all hospitals are close in this country. india is not too far.

2 Likes

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by mikolo80: 7:53am On Aug 17, 2014
ObiOkpor: vote him out and vote who in my darling? Your elder brother? No!
Goodluck go finish his second tenure,if u no like am,na u sabi!
god forbid
Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by ObiOkpor(m): 7:53am On Aug 17, 2014
mikolo80: when do you want them to go on strike.when they're not needed abi.if you don't(afraid) want to fight for your rights and privileges don't hate OTHERS cos they man enough to do so
Don't really get what you typed...Can you please,rephrase?
Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by mikolo80: 7:54am On Aug 17, 2014
lafuria1: If this doctors start carrying arms and blowing up hospitals , this goverment will not only grant them amnesty but also sponsor them to the best teaching hospital in the world.

The doctors won't lose that much, all they need is open private hospitals or travel and be doctors in other countries.
gbam
Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by ObiOkpor(m): 7:55am On Aug 17, 2014
mikolo80: god forbid
your village god? That's good for ya,but my God has destined it to be so......So,get that facts straight to ya skull..
Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by ayusco85(m): 7:55am On Aug 17, 2014
felixchip:

And, have the Doctors been doing their supposed jobs? They're aware of the present state of health in the country and they sat their asses at home. And now that GEJ has permitted them to remain at home, they're now making noise. Educated FOOLS!

If they were doing what they ought to do, there wouldn't be any of these. They got what they bargained for.

Fair enough. They are not completely innocent. I blame ASUU. They tot everyone how to strike

1 Like

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by adorable29(f): 7:57am On Aug 17, 2014
thandii1:

And your own family members are immune from accident or serious illness? Or even you and your colleagues? Or you can treat yourself at a terrible accident scene where you are bleeding or even unconscious?

I don't even know what the fuss is all about. You and your colleagues have been on strike for close to two months and the hospitals have not been shut down, so please what difference does it make now that you have been sacked? FG only made it offical, you have been useless in the last 2months. I thought you all were enjoying the strike and adamant on not returning? You have been begged to resume, but you refused, preferred to see the patients die and suffer, now your employee decides to sack you and you are all crying over the internet threatening nigerians.

There is so much rot in the health system and instead of you all to come together with joeshu or whatever they call themselves to ask for what is right, good working conditions, better facilities, you are busy fighting yourselves over 'who heads the hospital that is already in shambles', poknosing your long nose into who becomes a consultant in his field, requesting for increase in hazard allowance for yourselves only, constantly talking down on other professionals that help your job well done. How does it feel that the almighty indispensable doctors have been dispensed?

Also, a great percentage of resident doctors are not retained after their training. After their 6years they leave the hospital in search for jobs or retired to their private clinics, as their contract will be terminated and only a few of them are reabsorbed back as consultants.

I hate this administration with so much passion but doctors should please stop with this sense of over importance.

Ps-when ASUU goes on strike, nigerians curse them like there is not tomorrow, so get over yourselves with 'nigerians hate doctors". Nigerians generally do not like when unions fight more for their pockets than the interest of the nation.
Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by Kunlexic(m): 7:59am On Aug 17, 2014
onatisi: when you correct your own english
undecided undecided correct me na
Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by adorable29(f): 8:02am On Aug 17, 2014
thepathologist:

medical doctors are not needed in nigeria. sack all doctors. close medical schools.close all hospitals. let ebola kill stupid nigerians that think salt water cure ebola. slowpoke citizens + silly leaders= ebola

I sincerely hope you are NOT a doctor cos you strike me more as a car park tout, an agbero! If you are, then I shiver, I trully fear for your patients!

1 Like

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by mikolo80: 8:03am On Aug 17, 2014
ObiOkpor: Don't really get what you typed...Can you please,rephrase?
the only time strikes are effective is when the strikee has som'n to lose.this is why ASUU strikes are ineffective and nupeng strikes are not cos the politicians can move their children to ghana OR USA but they have to buy fuel here and their staff cannot serve them when there is no public transport.so now is the best time to get anything they want from govt just like army is collecting nooney to fight boko or militants getting salary and scholarship to allow oil to keep flowing.why they don't give us roads or hospitals cos we'll vote for 10k and some rice,fufu or kerosene
Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by mikolo80: 8:06am On Aug 17, 2014
[quote author=adorable29][/quote]nigerians dont like fighting for their rights.they prefer to coast about travelling to readymade places where the citizens have food all the fighting
Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by mikolo80: 8:06am On Aug 17, 2014
[quote author=adorable29][/quote]nigerians dont like fighting for their rights.they prefer to coast about travelling to readymade places where the citizens have done all the fighting

2 Likes

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by mikolo80: 8:09am On Aug 17, 2014
ObiOkpor: your village god? That's good for ya,but my God has destined it to be so......So,get that facts straight to ya skull..
if truly he destined by the almighty fine then we must have done some evil things in the past to deserve this kind of leader. I pray he forgives us before may 29
Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by mikolo80: 8:13am On Aug 17, 2014
yinkard4me: They shd be sacked. Wen dem no sack dem, wetin dem dey do?Abeegi... This Is d time d country needs dem most. Wah happened to d Oath they took for a critical time like dis? What if our millitary embarked on strike during dis Boko haram security issue? Would dia be any doctor alive to go on a stupid strike? Shioooor
this is why army is well paid,house,honoured,feared cos if kasala burst na who no know go know say after God na armed forces
Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by Sirgen05(m): 8:15am On Aug 17, 2014
Read for your good, not for your sympathy but to let u know more about the Nigerian doctor

Slaves of the M.O.D, Exposé:

Nigerian Ministry of Defence Owes Doctors and Interns
Salaries For 6 Months
There is a very sad situation affecting the brightest of our youngest
minds.
Medical doctors who were employed as House Officers and the
interns in other paramedic disciplines undergoing their One-year
compulsory training in the 5 Reference Hospitals under the Ministry of
Defence, have not been paid their salaries since they were appointed
6 months ago!
The hospitals involved in this scandal are:
•The 68 Nigerian Army Reference Hospital, Yaba
•Military Hospital, Lagos
•44 NARHY, Kaduna
•Nigerian Navy Reference hospital, Ojo
•Nigerian Airforce Reference Hospital, Ikeja.
Normal civil service practices stipulate that normally, interns and
House Officers are not paid until 2 or 3 months after employment, but
these doctors have been counting down the months since receiving
their appointment letters in February (2014) with no hope of when
they are even going to get paid.
Various pleas to the authorities in their various hospitals have fallen
on deaf ears as the doctors are always being told that their salaries
are coming from the Ministry of Defence headquarters in Abuja.
Letters delivered to the Ministry of Defence by the interns always go
unanswered.
To make matters worse, doctors in these 5 affected hospitals are not
allowed to go on strike actions and they are the only government
hospitals that have been working in full capacity during the strike
action embarked on by the Nigerian Medical Association.
The patient loads in these hospitals have tripled since the strike and
the hospitals, especially the Army hospitals, have not paid a dime as
compensation to these health workers who have been enslaved by the
system they've found themselves in.
The Ebola Threat
Added to the myriads of troubles these doctors are facing already is
the Ebola threat which arrived Nigeria with the entrance of the late Mr.
Patrick Sawyer .
The doctors are made to take General Outpatient calls, meaning that
they are the first contact with all kinds of patients even when the
hospitals have not provided any kind of protective gear for the
doctors.
All there is on ground, are the face masks and hand gloves which
serve only minimal protective functions. The emergency rooms remain
as broken down as those in any government hospital and with the
heavy patient loads in these hospitals, it is almost impossible for
doctors to observe proper precaution. These hospitals offer no form of
insurance cover or hazard allowance for the increased health risks
their doctors face daily.
The situation appears to be most pathetic at the 68, Nigerian Army
Reference Hospital in Yaba where doctors under anonymous sources
have complained of been overworked and understaffed.
While the Airforce base hospital in Ikeja is highly selective with the
kind of patients the doctors attend to, the military hospital in Yaba
(which is a next door neighbour to the Infectious Diseases Hospital
where the Ebola patients are quarantined in Lagos) accepts all kinds
of patients as the hospital has enjoyed a financial boost throughout
the strike period.
Bed of Corruption
Dr. Orji (not real names) spoke of moving to Lagos from Enugu for his
housemanship with all excitement but has been forced to depend on
his aged parents to continue sending him money from their meagre
pensions.
“I thought that my life would be different now, but almost 7 months
into my training, the medical students are better than me.”
He continues, “My hospital (Yaba) makes millions daily from this
strike but nobody has asked us doctors how we are faring. The other
day, we were asked to pay 4,000 Naira for sanitation fees otherwise
they would kick us out of the accommodation premises that were
assigned to us. Where do they think the money will come from?”
These appalling conditions are what medical doctors and interns who
left school less than a year ago, are being put through by their
country. Some few individuals in the top echelon of the ministry of
defence — emboldened by the silence of the heads of these hospitals 
— have conspired to sit on the salaries these doctors have worked
hard for, and at the same time, exposing them to all the risks and
hazards imaginable.
These monies which have been approved and released, are fixed in
bank deposits where they are rolled over every month with the ogas at
the top profiting from the sweat of the young men and women who
are doing all the work under the most inhumane conditions.
Is it any wonder why every young doctor is struggling to leave the
country?
As it is, there is nothing here for them.

2 Likes

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by ObiOkpor(m): 8:16am On Aug 17, 2014
mikolo80: the only time strikes are effective is when the strikee has som'n to lose.this is why ASUU strikes are ineffective and nupeng strikes are not cos the politicians can move their children to ghana OR USA but they have to buy fuel here and their staff cannot serve them when there is no public transport.so now is the best time to get anything they want from govt just like army is collecting nooney to fight boko or militants getting salary and scholarship to allow oil to keep flowing.why they don't give us roads or hospitals cos we'll vote for 10k and some rice,fufu or kerosene
hnmm,please endeavour to part-take in the next rice sharing.....
I got you now..
Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by felixchip(m): 8:20am On Aug 17, 2014
[quote author=thepathologist][/quote]
Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by mikolo80: 8:20am On Aug 17, 2014
ObiOkpor: hnmm,please endeavour to part-take in the next rice sharing.....
I got you now..
already have. All this mouth na because you get work .make them crash nigeria finish,when you have to go to farm with god and cutlass lets see he you'll still be defending thieves unless of course you're benefitting from the thieves.me de find work cos i refused to benefit from free money.trust me its not fun and i doubt i'd rock the boat again if there is a do over
Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by felixchip(m): 8:22am On Aug 17, 2014
[quote author=thepathologist][/quote]

MUMU. So, this was how US came about their zMapp, by going on strike and remaining at Home.

If they don't want to work, there are a good number of people who are able and willing to.

Which Profession pays higher than that of the Doctors? And yet they go on strike when they're needed most.

Go and advance your mindset a little.
Imb....

1 Like

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by Baba419(m): 8:26am On Aug 17, 2014
Seven devils all around us
Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by kingthreat(m): 8:32am On Aug 17, 2014
ObiOkpor: Aish!
Wish am a doctor,i would have applied to be taken....

Useless bunch of doctors on strike,when the nation needed them most.....They should all GO TO HELL!
You are very retarded for insulting medics. Maybe when ur life is in their hands, you will value them
Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 8:41am On Aug 17, 2014
y would doctors goes on strike wen Nigerians need dem? I pity for dis country every association want to extort money from FG
Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by Arsenate(m): 8:41am On Aug 17, 2014
adorable29:

I sincerely hope you are NOT a doctor cos you strike me more as a car park tout, an agbero! If you are, then I shiver, I trully fear for your patients!
Lol, he probably is. trust me sis, that's how most of them are. as Sagamite usually says; "products of failed education"...

1 Like

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by armadeo(m): 8:42am On Aug 17, 2014
MOBBDEEP:

But you get ample time to answer these haters oohhhh!!!
Don't you have other things to divert & invest your energy in?
What would be the outcome of your jostling words with them?
You sight sense in flogging a dead horse?
Or you think you can change their reasoning?
It pains me to the marrow each time I see your reply posts/comments.
By the way, can't you realise they are already making you reason like them?
Please, just relax & be watching as the panoramic events unfold.

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by ellaV(m): 8:42am On Aug 17, 2014
suwailad: [size=18pt]GUYS VOTE GEJ OUT 2015! THIS MAN IS DESTROYING THE NATION! [/size]
u don't know Wat u are saying YEh must stay
Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by Faposky95: 8:51am On Aug 17, 2014
D problem of d country. Politics we dont know how to play. Wen will we stop identifying black as ash. We need a humane and intel driven govt. That way we will av a defined path to d future
Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by Fitz22(f): 8:53am On Aug 17, 2014
thepathologist:

doctors are doing work of members of johesu? u an international joke. pls do u know meaning of medicine? pls do not tell u get ur waec/neco thru fraud.

U pple make is seem as if medicine is one big thing, is it not d same fine dey practice abroad?. Nigeria Doctors and deir foolish mentality. Yeah medicine in this country is different because while dey were in school dey tot dem d importance of being a doctor, dat doctors are so important, dat without dem we can't survive. That is why u foolish pple are waiting 4 GEJ to go down on his knees to beg u. Dem force you study medicine in d 4st place.
If u don't like ur job den quit.

1 Like

Re: Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors by Mekateka: 9:03am On Aug 17, 2014
suwailad:

woe betide your bastard father and your mother of a w h o r e wink wink
more obvious and very convincing now that your brain box is carrying the brain of a cow just like your father.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Woman In Wheelchair Begs Dangote To Give Her The Dollar He Promised Super Eagles / Does Over Stress Or Not Having Sex For Too Long Cause Erectile Dysfunction? / She Throws Up After Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.