Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Results For Programming Challenge Season 2 - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Results For Programming Challenge Season 2 (3461 Views)

Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- / Results For Programming Challenge For Beginners / Programming Challenge For Beginners N20000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Results For Programming Challenge Season 2 by sisqology(m): 9:32am On Aug 17, 2014
The topic Programming Challenge for beginners season 2 https://www.nairaland.com/1816227/programming-challenge-beginners-competition-two
is now a wrap. We will be posting grading and remarks here. Remember, the following below;

First Person to do the last check in: 10% (we add this to you total achieved point)
Second Person to do the last check in: 5% (we add this to you total achieved point)

Grading Stats:

Code Neatness: 15%
Naming Conventions: 15%
Code Indentation Consistency: 15%
Rules Adhering: 15%
Official Rules(by language) Adhering: 10%
Project Features: 10%
Extra features as mentioned in competition: 5%
Unbroken Code and Links: 10%
Successful Check in with good readme: 5%

However, when the two judges judge, if judge A overall mark for Mr A's project is 70% and Judge B's overall mark for Mr A's project is 50%, it means Mr A total mark will be (70 + 50)/2 = 60%. The the add ons like (first to submit 10% and second to submit 5% could be added.)

But any situation where we have only a judge, we will use the final score from the judge for you smiley

Totally, we have 8 people that submitted successfully before deadline; 3 web designers, 5 web developers/programmers.

They are listed below;

Design
Name: Daniel Chinedu
Sex: Male
Challenge: Design
Language(s): HTML, CSS, JavaScript

Name: Alagbe Emmanuel
Sex:Male
Language: HTML, CSS, Javascript.

Name: Isaac Joe
Sex: Male
Challenge type: Design
Language(s): HTML, CSS and javascript.

Programming

Name: Oniosun Ayodele.
Sex: Male.
Challenge: Development/Programming.
Language: PHP

Name: Bello folayemi
Sex: m
lang: python
contest: programming

Name: Olajide Afeez
Sex: MALE
Challenge: DEVELOPMENT/PROGRAMMING
Language: PHP
Framework: Laravel

name ::: temidayo temitope
sex :::: male
language ::::: python
challenge :: programming/development

name: Babalola Adedoyin.
sex: male.
competition:development.
language:php.

Watchout
Re: Results For Programming Challenge Season 2 by sisqology(m): 9:33am On Aug 17, 2014
We will be posting the results for designs now and programming later today(maybe)
Re: Results For Programming Challenge Season 2 by sisqology(m): 9:37am On Aug 17, 2014
[size=15pt]Isaac Joe AKA zicjoe[/size]
Code Neatness: 12% of 15%
Naming Conventions: 11% of 15%
Code Indentation: 13% of 15%
Rules Adhering: 10% of 15%
Official Rules: 4% of 10%
Project features: 8% of 10%
Extra features: 3% of 5%
Unbroken code and links: 10% of 10%
Successful check: 3% of 5%
==========================================Remarks========================================================

You did finer than the first competition you participated in;
In the future, make sure you deal with textarea drawbacks, try to make your textarea not draggable, it is good atimes. You also have some excess white spaces in your layout, try to improve in this. Also, the horizontal rule at the footer is kind of unprofessional. See your screenshot below smiley

Your readme does not teach a dummy how to run the project well, not quite good. So i give you 3% of 5% in successful check in

1 Like

Re: Results For Programming Challenge Season 2 by fattbabakay(m): 9:39am On Aug 17, 2014
*walks in*
Re: Results For Programming Challenge Season 2 by spikesC(m): 9:49am On Aug 17, 2014
[size=18pt]Zicjoe[/size]

Almost perfect, keep trying. All child elements should go under the parent element and indented. Javascript inclusion should be at the top or bottom, not in the middle of a script
Code Neatness: 12%

Naming Convetions: 12%

Code Indentation Consistency: 13%

I must say, you followed every bit of the rules
Rules Adhering: 15%

Official Rules(by language) Adhering: 7%

Nice monochrome color combination.
Project Features: 10%

Extra features as mentioned in competition: 4%

Skype doesn't have a public username view grin
Unbroken Code and Links: 8%

Successful Check in with good readme: 4%

Note: Improve on your aesthetics, wow your audience. Your code is near perfect but your users aint interested in that.
Re: Results For Programming Challenge Season 2 by sisqology(m): 9:54am On Aug 17, 2014
[size=15pt]Alagbe Emmanuel AKA Daraplato[/size]
Code Neatness: 2% of 15%
Naming Conventions: 5% of 15%
Code Indentation: 2% of 15%
Rules Adhering: 7% of 15%
Official Rules: 1% of 10%
Project features: 3% pf 10%
Extra features: 0% of 5%
Unbroken code and links: 0% of 10%
Successful check: 2% of 5%
===================================================Remarks==========================================

You have a pretty bad layout, I can see you are a learner; you are just starting, but never give up. Before you design websites, always look around the web and see websites that you like, try to “look” one or two things you like on the website and you can implement in yours. Maybe the color combo, etc etc.
Your color combo is still bad and you don’t know how to do layouts yet, go and read on it again, always talk to anyone in PMs on Nairaland whenever you are stucked, you can see your black text on yellow background, does it look nice to your face too? Learn CSS very well. Where is your slider?
You just dumped texts all for the sake of it, too long… learn to use a “read more”. Your folder arrangement too is very bad.
Bad read me too.

Re: Results For Programming Challenge Season 2 by spikesC(m): 9:56am On Aug 17, 2014
[size=18pt]Daraplato[/size]

Css should be on a seperate file and learn to use code indentation.
Code Neatness: 4%

You should use descriptive names for your classes and ID's. Imagine handing your project to another designer and working with someone on this project.
Naming Conventions: 7%

Code Indentation Consistency: 5%

No fixed layout, only yourtube embedding works etc.
Rules Adhering: 10%

Official Rules(by language) Adhering: 8%

There's literally no design on your contact page
Project Features: 7%

Extra features as mentioned in competition: 2%

Literally no page linking. Only youtube embed works
Unbroken Code and Links: 4%

Aside:
I can see you're very much new in web designing. You're really trying, just keep it up
Re: Results For Programming Challenge Season 2 by sisqology(m): 10:00am On Aug 17, 2014
[size=15pt]Daniel Chinedu AKA blueyedgeek[/size]
Code Neatness: 11% of 15%
Naming Conventions: 9% of 15%
Code Indentation: 13% of 15%
Rules Adhering: 8% of 15%
Official Rules: 7% of 10%
Project features: 4% of 10%
Extra features: 3% of 5%
Unbroken code and links: 10% of 10%
Successful check: 3% of 5%

==========================================Remarks=============================================
You always have good eyes for color combo, I like your design style, keep it up, but I would love to see you without bootstsrap and see your abilities. You are not making your responsiveness perfect, on 900px width up to 1280px; but greater, crappy. Also, on smaller screens, below 880px too, I have horizontal scroll bars. You can decrease those white spaces around, maybe cut them down a bit. See screenshot.

You are showing different people's tweets

Bad readme too, doesn't teach a dummy how to run it well

Re: Results For Programming Challenge Season 2 by spikesC(m): 10:02am On Aug 17, 2014
[size=18pt]Chinedu daniel[/size]

First of all, you don't really need to include the downloadable archives as bitbucket has provided that feature already. I am afraid you might not have been updating the archives on your subsequent commits, so i am forced to download the whole thing just to run the most relevant files, which includes the official readme file that can't be found in the archives

Code Neatness: 15%

Frameworks does not offer good naming conventions
Naming Convetions: 8%

Code Indentation Consistency: 13%

You were told to use a fixed width of 980px not a minimum width.
email and address, not email address. You're always making this mistake. Also, no youtube video
Rules Adhering: 9%

Official Rules(by language) Adhering: 9%

Project Features: 8%

Extra features as mentioned in competition: 4%

Unbroken Code and Links: 10%

Aside: Nice color combo and aesthetics. Nice gallery. Just like before, you have a very good eye for design. Keep it up
Re: Results For Programming Challenge Season 2 by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 17, 2014
Space Reserved
Re: Results For Programming Challenge Season 2 by sisqology(m): 10:05am On Aug 17, 2014
Daniel Chinedu AKA blueyedgeek
You submitted first, your first commit was on the 22nd of last month and that is the date of your last commit as well.
===========================================
(15+8+13+9+9+8+4+10+5) = 81
(11+9+13+8+7+4+3+10+3) = 68
(81 + 68)/2 = 74.5 + 10(for first commit) = 84.5%

Alagbe Emmanuel AKA Daraplato
Your first commit was on the 31st of last month and that is the date of your last commit as well.
(4+7+5+10+8+7+2+4+5) = 52
(2+5+2+7+1+3+0+0+2) = 22
(22+52)/2 = 37%

Isaac Joe AKA zicjoe
You submitted second. Your first commit was on the 26th of last month and that is the date of your last commit as well.
(12+12+13+15+7+10+4+8+4) = 85
(12+11+13+10+4+8+3+10+3) = 74
(85+74)/2 = 79.5% + 5(second to submit) = 84.5%

zicjoe and blueyedgeek
Since we have the same point for the both of you, I personally suggest we should share the prize into 50% for each of you.

Others, please let us vote on what to decide. Let me know if this is okay.
Re: Results For Programming Challenge Season 2 by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 17, 2014
spikesC: This space is not for sale. beware of oga dhtml
OMG, i was just a second late. I forgot to apply my FTC skills of typing g, save then modify.
Re: Results For Programming Challenge Season 2 by spikesC(m): 10:53am On Aug 17, 2014
dhtml18: Where are the other results? na only Isaac Joe AKA zicjoe waka come? Time to close, will be back later in the evening to see the other results.

[aside]
Guys i am having a strange nairaland problem. I posted a topic about 1.5 hrs ago, and since then i have been unable to create another, i keep getting => Please wait for a few minutes before submitting this post. Our server is overwhelmed.
I dont know if it is just me or maybe this is a new trend on nairaland to possibly curb spammers.
[/aside]

maybe, but nairaland is not loading on my pc.
Re: Results For Programming Challenge Season 2 by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 17, 2014
spikesC:

maybe, but nairaland is not loading on my pc.
This calls for an investigation.
Re: Results For Programming Challenge Season 2 by asalimpo(m): 10:03pm On Aug 17, 2014
Awaitg panel review and results for the programming quiz.
Nice wrk sisqo (and sponsors)
keep up d good work.
Re: Results For Programming Challenge Season 2 by Daraplato(m): 12:44pm On Aug 18, 2014
Congrats to the winners. We go get there one day. grin cheesy
Re: Results For Programming Challenge Season 2 by spikesC(m): 1:25pm On Aug 18, 2014
@sisqology
i think sharing it equally is ok, if the competitors agree
Re: Results For Programming Challenge Season 2 by blueyedgeek(m): 2:35pm On Aug 18, 2014
spikesC: @sisqology
i think sharing it equally is ok, if the competitors agree
Since we were only three that submitted, split it into a 4 - 4 - 2 formation grin grin
Everyone is a winner.

1 Like

Re: Results For Programming Challenge Season 2 by spikesC(m): 3:00pm On Aug 18, 2014
blueyedgeek: Since we were only three that submitted, split it into a 4 - 4 - 2 formation grin grin
Everyone is a winner.

Nope, the competition expects just 2 winners and we have them
Re: Results For Programming Challenge Season 2 by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 18, 2014
This is interesting, that naturally means I must pick interest in this zicjoe as well.
Re: Results For Programming Challenge Season 2 by Dlastofmykind(m): 3:50pm On Aug 18, 2014
When should we be expecting the result for the developers?
Re: Results For Programming Challenge Season 2 by Daraplato(m): 7:54pm On Aug 18, 2014
Can you kindly provide the link to the commits (on Github) of the zicjoe and blueyedgeek. I like their submissions. I could also learn some things.
Re: Results For Programming Challenge Season 2 by zicjoe(m): 8:13pm On Aug 18, 2014
Hmm. Dnt kno what 2 say. All i can say is dat i've learnt alot from d last two contest. This contest has really been an eye opener for me. Gud 2 kno frm spikesc, sisquology, dhtml nd all others dat i'm improving. Gt 2 improve my aesthetics. Putting ma hands on javascript, nt easy tho.
Re: Results For Programming Challenge Season 2 by zicjoe(m): 8:16pm On Aug 18, 2014
dhtml18: This is interesting, that naturally means I must pick interest in this zicjoe as well.
really
Re: Results For Programming Challenge Season 2 by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 18, 2014
Hmn, this is really good and inspiring indeed.
Re: Results For Programming Challenge Season 2 by zicjoe(m): 8:25pm On Aug 18, 2014
dhtml18: Hmn, this is really good and inspiring indeed.
saw my email?
Re: Results For Programming Challenge Season 2 by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 18, 2014
zicjoe: saw my email?
No I did not, I need volunteers among the contestants(the judges are top-klass extremely busy developers) for a small free side-project I am working on - namely - setting up my online classroom again. I had one before which was doing well, but I had to pull it down because I could not afford time to maintain it.
Re: Results For Programming Challenge Season 2 by zicjoe(m): 8:54pm On Aug 18, 2014
dhtml18:
No I did not, I need volunteers among the contestants(the judges are top-klass extremely busy developers) for a small free side-project I am working on - namely - setting up my online classroom again. I had one before which was doing well, but I had to pull it down because I could not afford time to maintain it.
ok. sent u a mail.
Re: Results For Programming Challenge Season 2 by Dlastofmykind(m): 9:19pm On Aug 18, 2014
dhtml18:

Can we talk abt dt on whatsapp ?
Wanna give it a try.
Re: Results For Programming Challenge Season 2 by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 18, 2014
zicjoe: ok. sent u a mail.
Maybe the email don dissappear be that.

Dlastofmykind:
Can we talk abt dt on whatsapp ?
Wanna give it a try.
Is alright, but you shall need to connect to me via facebook first.

dhtml18:
For anyone (except seun) that is interested in my side-project, whether spectator, potential students, sponsors, judges - just visit http://dhtmlhub.com/klass to get started, I dont want to side-track this thread too much - just because I am one of the sponsors (I might get banned yet again).

1 Like

Re: Results For Programming Challenge Season 2 by sisqology(m): 3:11am On Aug 20, 2014
We share 50-50 then; the winners should kindly send their account details to my Email.

scuby1000 at gmail dot com

Thanks
Re: Results For Programming Challenge Season 2 by Nobody: 6:56am On Aug 20, 2014
sir please when is the next contest i want to apply
i do html and css and am currently learning javascript

sisqology: We share 50-50 then; the winners should kindly send their account details to my Email.

scuby1000 at gmail dot com

Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is Data Science And Its Application / Nigeria's Own Facebook(social Network) / Z-library Is Down. Since 2009 - 2022. Our Beloved Book Library Website Is Gone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.