Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,305 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

Pray For Israel! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pray For Israel! (4089 Views)

For Or Against: Christians United For Israel (CUFI) / Another Letter Received From Christians United For Israel. / Yesha Leader In Nigeria To Rally Support For Israel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pray For Israel! by ocelot2006(m): 6:46pm On Oct 18, 2009
Those who call themselves christians but support the atrocities in Gaza ought to be ashamed of themselves. You guys are nothing more than hypocrites. You people really need to pick up your books and go through the history of that region. No christian in his/her right mind will support the killing of innocent people on both sides and support the inequality and justice that goes on in that area. Or are you guys trying to say that Palestinians aren't humans and don't deserve to live a peaceful life? What the hell happened to the 2nd of the two golden rules laid out by Jesus in the New Testament angry ?
Re: Pray For Israel! by DeepSight(m): 6:50pm On Oct 18, 2009
ocelot2006:

Those who call themselves christians but support the atrocities in Gaza ought to be ashamed of themselves. You guys are nothing more than hypocrites. You people really need to pick up your books and go through the history of that region. No christian in his/her right mind will support the killing of innocent people on both sides and support the inequality and justice that goes on in that area. Or are you guys trying to say that Palestinians aren't humans and don't deserve to live a peaceful life? What the hell happened to the 2nd of the two golden rules laid out by Jesus in the New Testament angry ?

Help me ask them ooo? I can't understand a "Christian" like Davidlylan being like this. . . aside from the fact that the thread ab-initio is so conceptually misplaced in its entirety. It seems fairly clear to me that that fellow is more into the "Dogma" of his religion, than into the "Ethics" espoused by Christ. Come to think about it, the aggression he supports in Israel, is the same aggression he displays towards all who disagree with him on this forum. Ha! That ties it up!
Re: Pray For Israel! by ocelot2006(m): 7:05pm On Oct 18, 2009
The irony of all this mess is that compared to the Isrealis, a considerable percentage of Palestinians are christians. But hey, the Palestinians don't deserve to live.
Re: Pray For Israel! by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 18, 2009
ocelot2006:

[size=13pt]Maybe if Isreal stops the stealing of Palestinian lands[/size], [size=13pt]freezes the building of new settlements on stolen[/size], stop the targeted assassination of Palestinians, hands over Shebba farms to Lebanon, vacate the territorial waters and airspace of Gaza, end the blockade of basic aids (food, medicine, etc) to Gaza, then maybe young Palestinians and members of Hezbollah will not be pushed to carry out acts of terror. Remember, when you push a poor man who has lost EVERYTHING (loved ones, friends, his dignity, etc), he will be forced to act `cos he no longer has anything to lose.

So i highlighted the above to address the ridiculous and frankly stupid accusations thrown around by folks who simply work with propaganda rather than facts.

Myth 1: Israel is living on STOLEN palestinian lands - Alright this is about the most pernicious of all arab lies that has been allowed to gain some form of legitimacy because those who know the truth refuse to speak up. A "palestinian" in 1948 was a JEW not an arab! Infact as at 1949, the Jewish flagship newspaper (Jerusalem Post) was called the PALESTINIAN POST! Certainly not an arab newspaper.

There are pictures even on wikipedia showing the founding of Tel Aviv (Israel's capital today) on empty desert and sand dunes as early as 1909 from land bought by jews from bedoiuns (who surprisingly ARE NOT THE ARABS CRYING THAT THEIR LANDS HAVE BEEN STOLEN TODAY!) . . .

By the way, can someone please tell us EXACTLY which "palestinians" were robbed of their lands by the jews? Where was this arab palestinian nation state? Where is its flag? who was its first leader prior to 1948 and why did it take Yassar Arafat (himself an Egyptian self-styled leader of the palestinians) up until 1988 to declare palestine an arab state?

Myth 2: The condition for peace is the freezing of "settlements" - This would be funny if it werent so vapid. Alright . . . there were NO settlements in 1948, no settlements in 1953, no settlements in 1973, no settlements in 1967 . . . wonder why 6 arab nations kept ganging up to destroy Israel all that while.

But wait . . . these "settlements" are built on land seized from Jordan and Egypt in 1967 NOT palestinian arabs! shocked But all the time (19 yrs to be exact) that old jerusalem for example was under Jordanian administration, we NEVER HEARD of occupation or settlement building . . . hmmm i wonder why!

Infact when the PLO (FATAH today) wrote its first charter in 1964 (when there were no settlements or occupation of course, just Israel's mere existence on a piece of land no more than the size of western nigeria) . . . it categorically made this claim in article 24 - [size=14pt]This Organization does not exercise any territorial sovereignty over the West Bank in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, [or] on the Gaza Strip, [/size]

hmmm so not only did FATAH clearly agree that the West bank was the territory of Jordan . . . but it also made no claims on the Gaza strip. So just whose land is Israel really "stealing"?

Of course i dont expect those whose vested interest is the continued demonisation of Israel to pretend to deal with facts. Its ok to trot our fallacious and self righteous lies.
Re: Pray For Israel! by Nobody: 9:14pm On Oct 18, 2009
ocelot2006:

Atrocities like? I mean when are we going to get an explanation of this oft abused word?
Re: Pray For Israel! by Abuzola(m): 9:18pm On Oct 18, 2009
Ocelot, i feel your point jare. They target innocent people, why on earth will you use phosphorus gas fire on ur fellow human, they massacre palestinian so that they can shrink the muslim population, hahaha wat a fantasy
Re: Pray For Israel! by Nobody: 9:21pm On Oct 18, 2009
ocelot2006:

Seriously, have you really been following the news about that region? Hamas controls Gaza because they won the last elections fair and square. Even the foreign election observers, including US ex-president Jim Carter, said exactly the same thing. Fatah couldn't stomach their loss. Thus they evicted Hamas from the West Bank with Hamas retailiating in kind. What followed next was the imposition of a blockade of the Gaza strip by the Isrealis and Egyptians (under preassure from Isreal and the USA), the increased restriction of basic aids (food, water, medicine, etc), and the control of Gaza's airspace and territorial waters. And why did this all happen? Because the Palestinians voted for the "wrong" party. There is simply no hope in that area with people basically living in an open prison and the young (men and women) having absolutely no future.

So note this: as long as Isreal treat those people (men, women, and children) as subhumans, taking away their basic freedoms, Isrea will know absoutely no peace and will continue to live in a state of fear. That is the cold hard truth.

Do those "basic freedoms" include the right to lob rockets at defenceless Israelis for 8 yrs non-stop while hypocrites like you looked the other way?

Now have you ever asked yourself why Egypt shuts its own borders with Gaza? Well i'm sure i will get the usual infantile lie about this being "pressure from Israel and USA" . . . but then is it this same 2 states that pressured Jordan into expelling the PLO in the 1970s, killing over 25,000 palestinian arabs in the process? Of course this does not constitute killing, just wait until Israel kills 1 arab in retaliation for suicide attacks on innocent Israelis and out come the usual parade of satanic hypocrites bawling like loving humanists.

Hmmm the "increased restriction on food"? So Israel is OBLIGATED to provide food to those who are basically established to destroy them? Wonder why Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon and co are not too keen on sending food to Gaza either. Wonder why Gazans who are sick would rather cross over into Israel for treatment than Egypt or Jordan . . . must be the "pressure" from Israel and the US too right?

lol there is no hope in Gaza? It has a per capita yearly budget that dwarfs anything your hopeless Nigeria can ever dream of with all its oil. All funded by the wicked US, Israel and the Europeans of course . . . while the arabs just concentrate on sending bombs to Gaza to use to destroy the jews. What a lovely scenario . . .

but of course its easier to depend on revisionist history and sniveling hypocrisy.
Re: Pray For Israel! by Nobody: 9:23pm On Oct 18, 2009
Abuzola:

Ocelot, i feel your point jare. They target innocent people, why on earth will you use phosphorus gas fire on your fellow human, they massacre palestinian so that they can shrink the muslim population, hahaha wat a fantasy

these hypocrites and sons of satan can be funny at times . . .

ok over 100 pakistanis killed by suicide attacks in the last one week, 5 top RG commanders in Iran killed by a suicide bomber today . . . and all this fool cares about is the "massacre" that took place in January?  cheesy

If Isreal was "massacring" the palestinians to shrink the muslim population then i wonder why 20% of Israel still remains arab muslim. One would suppose Israel would start the massacre from within its own borders no? But of course rational thinking is not the domain of a muslim when it comes to Israel.

You cant help but feel the palpable hate that wells up from the pores of these deluded fools.
Re: Pray For Israel! by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 18, 2009
Abuzola:

Ocelot, i feel your point jare. They target innocent people, [b]why on earth will you use phosphorus gas fire on your fellow huma[/b]n, they massacre palestinian so that they can shrink the muslim population, hahaha wat a fantasy

I'm sure this devil was alive when Saddam used Sarin gas against the Kurds.

But of course we only care when the Joos use phosphorus flares during war.
Re: Pray For Israel! by Abuzola(m): 10:18pm On Oct 18, 2009
I pity the day u die, may God guide u aright amin. Israel aim is to exterminate palestinian.
Re: Pray For Israel! by Nobody: 10:24pm On Oct 18, 2009
Abuzola:

I pity the day u die, may God guide u aright amin. Israel aim is to exterminate palestinian.

And yet 20% of their population is palestinian? cheesy What a satanic, lying fool.
Re: Pray For Israel! by Abuzola(m): 10:34pm On Oct 18, 2009
Huh ? Palestinians are banished from their homes and sold to israeli and segregated in Israel, don't you know, they don't ve option thats y
Re: Pray For Israel! by Nobody: 10:42pm On Oct 18, 2009
Abuzola:

Huh ? Palestinians are banished from their homes and sold to israeli and segregated in Israel, don't you know, they don't ve option thats y

which homes? Show us pls.

Its funny though and the above post highlights the falsehood in the palestinian arab claims.

they say Israel stole their homes, banishes them from their land and segregates them in Israel . . . YET when a referendum was held for arab Israelis to choose if they would prefer to remain a nation with the jews or retain their land but revert to palestinian arab control, a huge majority voted overwhelmingly to REMAIN A NATION WITH THE JEWS!

What homes for example did the Israelis banish palestinian arabs from when Tel Aviv was founded in 1909? Take a look at this photo from wikipedia (certainly not a pro-Israeli site) . . .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:TelAviv-Founding.jpg

Exactly where are these palestinian homes? Under the sand dunes?
Re: Pray For Israel! by Abuzola(m): 10:49pm On Oct 18, 2009
Referendum ? Holy ghost liar. Which year uncle mechonu
Re: Pray For Israel! by Nobody: 10:58pm On Oct 18, 2009
Abuzola:

Referendum ? Holy ghost liar. Which year uncle mechonu

Read . . . you despicable liar.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/995466.html

funny how he wont show us which homes the palestinians where removed from.
Re: Pray For Israel! by Marlbron: 9:21am On Oct 19, 2009
Davidylan,

Why is it important to pray for Israel? I guess you are still living off the old wine?[img][/img]

Under the new convenant, we are all Israelites, children of Abraham, because of Christs ultimate sacrifice for mankind. That blood was for Jews, muslims, buddist, Aetheist all humanity, but is accessible through practice of the commandment of our Lord Jesus Christ which is Love. Love now  reigns, so no man is superior or inferior. We are one!

I think we should be looking foward to the New Jerusalem which cannot be the present strife filled Jerusalem under dispute. Are you sure that New Jerusalem is not in Africa?
Re: Pray For Israel! by olabowale(m): 10:36pm On Oct 19, 2009
if davidylan didnt have ijebu name, he probably will deny that he is a yoruba man, by his demanding that people should pray for israel, while he never at anytime make even a request for african prayer, or 9ja prayer, or yoruba prayer or the very ijebu ode blood that is very prominent in his veins?david, respond and call me out please. omo obanta to ni ki won magbadura fun juu. awon alsho dudu omo atowunrewa ti won paa oloun david.

@marbron alhamdulIllah, Ibrahim had more than Isiaq, and Yaquub was the only child of Isiaq, so where do fit the children from other than Yaquub/Israil? even when the children of Israil are doers of evil, are they still covered under Ibrahim's relationship? let me just ask you this, will any of the children of Israel, now considdering yourself Israelite, will end up in hellfire and why, if Ibrahim is really the source, even in perception of your old and new covenants?
Re: Pray For Israel! by theseeker2: 10:11am On Oct 20, 2009
sometimes i wish the holocaust myth was true. If Hithler had atually killed six million jews we would not be having all the trouble we are having in the world today
Re: Pray For Israel! by Tudor6(f): 11:16am On Oct 20, 2009
^^^
Yeah the holocaust was fabricated and bla bla bla. . .next please!!
Re: Pray For Israel! by Maykelly(f): 12:52pm On Oct 28, 2009
Do not worry about Isreal, Isreal is blessed forever.

Light came that they may see (woe to them that refused to accept Lord Jesus as their Saviour) but they choose darkness. Bombing, Bombing- because they know not the Prince of Peace.
Re: Pray For Israel! by MyJoe: 1:11pm On Oct 28, 2009
May kelly:

Do not worry about Isreal, Isreal is blessed forever.

Light came that they may see (woe to them that refused to accept Lord Jesus as their Saviour) but they choose darkness. Bombing, Bombing- because they know not the Prince of Peace.

And do the Israelis "accept Lord Jesus as their Saviour"?
Re: Pray For Israel! by Horus(m): 1:36pm On Oct 28, 2009
The so-called Jews never refer to themselves as Hebrews; it's Israeli or Jewish. These words, Jewish or Israeli are not in the scriptures. These terms are used because they know that they are not the original Israelites. That's why they never say that they live in the land Israel. They use the term, the state of Israel. The word "Jew" itself was a nickname for one of the tribes of Judah (Genesis 29:31-35); and other people (Go-Ee, Gentiles), who were not Hebrews, but managed to adopt the way of life of the tribe of Judah.
Re: Pray For Israel! by obi1o1: 7:28pm On Oct 28, 2009
^^^ could you elaborate better?How come u'r using the bible as defense when you don't believe in it? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Pastor Beat World Record / I NEED AN ANSWER CHRISTIANS! I NEED AN ANSWER! / Interview With The Founder Of Celica Church Of Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.