Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,109 members, 7,825,504 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

General Patrick Aziza Is Dead - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / General Patrick Aziza Is Dead (54222 Views)

Dasuki Linked To Bombing Of Aziza And Suntai / The Urhobo Nation Looses A Great Son:General Patrick Aziza Dies At 67 / Gov Yakowa Of Kaduna State And Aziza. Feared Dead?! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by jp4shot(m): 6:38pm On Aug 18, 2014
tongue
Temptee101: Who dey man be?
Aziza broom

1 Like

Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 18, 2014
Ha!!! what happend to the Whatsapp error thread of last few mins. Did it dissapear
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by Dreal1247: 6:39pm On Aug 18, 2014
Obj will never forget Gen Aziza in a hurry. He is the man that jailed him.
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 18, 2014
Ur weed started working thats why u didn't see it
mayvia: Ha!!! what happend to the Whatsapp error thread of last few mins. Did it dissapear
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by BlueMagic2(m): 6:42pm On Aug 18, 2014
Who care. cos i really don't.................
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 18, 2014
I knew him back in sapele dats was as far back as 1997. We always talked about his mansion was the badest then.
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by tommykiwi(m): 6:45pm On Aug 18, 2014
hazyfm: wetin kill am??
you want hear if na Ebola,sori no be Ebola na death kill am....RIP.
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by RebelLeader15(m): 6:47pm On Aug 18, 2014
atlwireles: [s][/s]
why all this rubbish, you get sense at all?
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by atlwireles: 6:48pm On Aug 18, 2014
[s]
RebelLeader15: why all this rubbish, you get sense at all?
[/s]
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by AdeniyiA(m): 6:53pm On Aug 18, 2014
no be death dey kill person?
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by J3da: 6:56pm On Aug 18, 2014
blink182: UPF? Bunch of scallywags that are out to destroy the urhobo nation. Amori will never achieve true status of urhobo leader.
I am no politician and dont care about it... All i know is i am proud to be an Urhobo chic and that all i care about.
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by freshness2020: 6:56pm On Aug 18, 2014
Restez en Paix..... Desole General,car ici en Paris, on ne te connait pas..
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by Bertbert: 6:56pm On Aug 18, 2014
Aziza....as in broom? Wetin we go come dey use sweep nah?...anyway RIP to the dead.
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:56pm On Aug 18, 2014
Deltans, we've lost a great son.
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by sylve11: 6:59pm On Aug 18, 2014
rash47: Many people here don't know this man,one of Gen. Abacha's loyal dog in charge of his kangaroo court as recent as 1998.... Too many kids on nairaland indeed.

Yh, too many kids in here. I have reason for terming him a great man. Very very loyal to abacha. cool

1 Like

Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by wayne4loan: 7:00pm On Aug 18, 2014
Is this the nigger dat said " PDP is bokohram and bokohram is PDP". ?
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by capuro(m): 7:04pm On Aug 18, 2014
Since on Saturday? May his soul RIP
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by sylve11: 7:05pm On Aug 18, 2014
blink182: Amori will never achieve true status of urhobo leader.

I feel u on dis. cool

1 Like

Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 18, 2014
J3da:
I am no politician and dont care about it... All i know is i am proud to be an Urhobo chic and that all i care about.
well there is no way I can avoid urhobo politics, I was born into it and it pains me when I see paupers and people of no substance pre-1999, people I grew up to see washing cars now wanting to claim to be what they are not. It is because of groups like upf and g3 the urhobo nation is being relegated even in delta state politics.
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by kabba7(m): 7:11pm On Aug 18, 2014

The Gen . died over 10 years ago after pronouncing his ABACHA detah sentence on Gen.OBASANJO for the phantom ABACHA coup . Ever sincs he has being one leg in this world one leg in the grave on his way to porgatory where the cayholic people say "they " could repent .
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by Sirjohn84(m): 7:14pm On Aug 18, 2014
MaxDick9ja:

I no get idea. E be like say na apc member
President Upu nigeria..urhobo progressive union..the urhobo people union
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by initialize(m): 7:15pm On Aug 18, 2014
Death is on its own time.... RIP Man

Nairaland Mobile HQ ...::::Click Here::::....
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by padeolu: 7:15pm On Aug 18, 2014
blink182: Very real, heard it since Saturday morning but wanted verification before posting here.
wikipedia can be wrong at times
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by poiZon: 7:17pm On Aug 18, 2014
sirjohnson: Its true, he is dead. Read full story HERE

na lie , he s not dead but he died.
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by atlwireles: 7:19pm On Aug 18, 2014
URHOBO nation was Saturday, thrown into mourning as the cold hands of death snatched the President General of the Urhobo Progress Union, UPU, General Patrick Aziza (rtd) away. He died at the age of 67.
Aziza who has been sick of cancer, reportedly died in Abuja about 3:45am . The news of his death took the urhobos and Deltans aback as people were seen in groups discussing the sudden death of the onetime minister of Communication under the military government of late General Sani Abacha.
His kinsmen at Adagbrasa who could not control their emotions were seen wailing and crying; “our iroko has fallen.” Reacting to his death, the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Dr. Steve Oru, described Aziza’s demise as very sad. “The Urhobo nation has lost a true son, a General indeed who had served the nation in the armed forces so successfully and at a point, he was even a minister in charge of communication in our nation and he performed creditably well.
“He emerged as the President General of UPU and he has been steering the ship of state of the Urhobo nation quite creditably. He has succeeded in promoting peace and unity amongst the Urhobo people. We will all surely miss him, but there is a time to come and a time to go as the saying goes. ‘There is a time when one is born and a time when one dies’.
“If it was possible, we would have prayed God to postpone his death. We all love him, but God loves him more and we wish him a peaceful rest in the bosom of the lord. He will be remembered for his astute management of the UPU and his performance as a very sound member of the Nigerian Army who served our nation creditably.
“He will surely be remembered for being a man that stood for the Urhobo course and promoted the emergence of an Urhobo minister because I can remember, during his first tenure he led a delegation to MR. President, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan to advocate for the appointment of an Urhobo son and today I am one of those that benefitted at the national level, so my missing him is even more.”
On his advice to the Urhobo people, he said “I will tell them to mourn but also accept the will of God as the omnipotent and omnipresent that knows it all. Let them also take solace in the fact that those the lord calls early are the ones he loves most. They should take solace in that and pray for the soul of the reposed in the bosom of the lord.”
On his past, Senator representing Delta Central at the National Assembly, Senator Emmanuel Aguariavwodo described Aziza’s death as tragic and sad.
He said: “It is so sad that we don’t even know what to think. We have talked to some of our leaders and everybody is still in shock. In fact there is nothing to say now except to say that we are sad, we mourn his passage and we pray that for the repose of his soul that God should accept his soul. Meanwhile we await what the family will say and what UPU will say so that we can all have a meeting on what to do next.
“He stood strongly for the unity of the Urhobo nation and he was a fine soldier, he served Nigeria very well. After all that, he came home to serve his people. He was a true servant of the people.”

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/aziza-dies-67/#sthash.mOVT4bD8.dpuf

1 Like

Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by atlwireles: 7:23pm On Aug 18, 2014
Aziza: An Irreplaceable Statesman, Laments Uduaghan

Delta State Governor, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan has lamented the death of President General of the Urhobo Progress Union (UPU), Maj. Gen. Patrick Aziza, describing him as an irreplaceable statesman.

Governor Uduaghan in a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Sunny Ogefere described the death of General Aziza as a big blow and irreparable loss to Nigeria, Delta State and the Urhobo nation.

Dr. Uduaghan noted that the loss itself was devastating but was worsened by the timing when the invaluable contribution and experience of the late general were needed at this critical period of Nigeria's history.

"In General Patrick Aziza we have lost one of the finest military officers, administrators, peace builders, nationalists and more fundamentally a statesman of repute.

"My administration enjoyed unparalleled support and cooperation from General Aziza as President General of the UPU, who was always there to share his wealth of experience with me anytime I called on him," he said.

The Governor also described the late General Aziza as an industrialist whose business interests, ranging from hospitality, oil and gas among others helped to create employment for a sizeable number of Deltans.

"We will miss General Aziza's calm demeanour, wise counsels and stabilising role in the politics and governance of Delta State," he added.

Governor Uduaghan expressed his deep condolences to his immediate family, the Urhobo nation and the people of the State on the loss of General Aziza.
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by platz(m): 7:23pm On Aug 18, 2014
let the dead bury the dead
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by faceve: 7:25pm On Aug 18, 2014
Rip to d dead
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by singletee(m): 7:30pm On Aug 18, 2014
rip mr aziza
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by pussygotlips: 7:36pm On Aug 18, 2014
How many time the man go die

No be azazi who says pdp is boko haram ?
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 18, 2014
padeolu: wikipedia can be wrong at times
Yeah

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ihedioha Adopts David Wisdom Uchechukwu For Life After Viral Recitation Video / Lagos Embarks On “Operation Show Your Planning Permit” (photos) / Nnamdi Nwanwuo: Native Doctor Is PRP Candidate In Anambra Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.