Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,217 members, 7,836,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

General Patrick Aziza Is Dead - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / General Patrick Aziza Is Dead (54240 Views)

Dasuki Linked To Bombing Of Aziza And Suntai / The Urhobo Nation Looses A Great Son:General Patrick Aziza Dies At 67 / Gov Yakowa Of Kaduna State And Aziza. Feared Dead?! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by iyaire: 11:10pm On Aug 18, 2014
[quote author=LyfeJennings]Eyahh
I knew his sons back in High school years. May his soul RIPP
You must be a badorian
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by presley64(m): 11:49pm On Aug 18, 2014
J3da: URHOBO´S GREAT LOSS; AN IROKO HAS FALLEN - UPF MOURNS AZIZA!!!!!

no b only iroko na banana tree...
Dis were d men dat shake Nigeria in d past

rip #respect to d dead
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by presley64(m): 11:55pm On Aug 18, 2014
rash47: Many people here don't know this man,one of Gen. Abacha's loyal dog in charge of his kangaroo court as recent as 1998.... Too many kids on nairaland indeed.

seriously if i have my way i wud say dis dude don't deserve rip..

But rip sha
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by presley64(m): 12:04am On Aug 19, 2014
atlwireles: URHOBO nation was Saturday, thrown into mourning as the cold hands of death snatched the President General of the Urhobo Progress Union, UPU, General Patrick Aziza (rtd) away. He died at the age of 67.
Aziza who has been sick of cancer, reportedly died in Abuja about 3:45am . The news of his death took the urhobos and Deltans aback as people were seen in groups discussing the sudden death of the onetime minister of Communication under the military government of late General Sani Abacha.
His kinsmen at Adagbrasa who could not control their emotions were seen wailing and crying; “our iroko has fallen.” Reacting to his death, the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Dr. Steve Oru, described Aziza’s demise as very sad. “The Urhobo nation has lost a true son, a General indeed who had served the nation in the armed forces so successfully and at a point, he was even a minister in charge of communication in our nation and he performed creditably well.
“He emerged as the President General of UPU and he has been steering the ship of state of the Urhobo nation quite creditably. He has succeeded in promoting peace and unity amongst the Urhobo people. We will all surely miss him, but there is a time to come and a time to go as the saying goes. ‘There is a time when one is born and a time when one dies’.
“If it was possible, we would have prayed God to postpone his death. We all love him, but God loves him more and we wish him a peaceful rest in the bosom of the lord. He will be remembered for his astute management of the UPU and his performance as a very sound member of the Nigerian Army who served our nation creditably.
“He will surely be remembered for being a man that stood for the Urhobo course and promoted the emergence of an Urhobo minister because I can remember, during his first tenure he led a delegation to MR. President, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan to advocate for the appointment of an Urhobo son and today I am one of those that benefitted at the national level, so my missing him is even more.”
On his advice to the Urhobo people, he said “I will tell them to mourn but also accept the will of God as the omnipotent and omnipresent that knows it all. Let them also take solace in the fact that those the lord calls early are the ones he loves most. They should take solace in that and pray for the soul of the reposed in the bosom of the lord.”
On his past, Senator representing Delta Central at the National Assembly, Senator Emmanuel Aguariavwodo described Aziza’s death as tragic and sad.
He said: “It is so sad that we don’t even know what to think. We have talked to some of our leaders and everybody is still in shock. In fact there is nothing to say now except to say that we are sad, we mourn his passage and we pray that for the repose of his soul that God should accept his soul. Meanwhile we await what the family will say and what UPU will say so that we can all have a meeting on what to do next.
“He stood strongly for the unity of the Urhobo nation and he was a fine soldier, he served Nigeria very well. After all that, he came home to serve his people. He was a true servant of the people.”

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/aziza-dies-67/#sthash.mOVT4bD8.dpuf

y na only urhobo peeps dey miss am?
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by presley64(m): 12:05am On Aug 19, 2014
platz: let the dead bury the dead

sleep dey your eye? Wat d meaning of ur proverb
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by Cholison(m): 4:45am On Aug 19, 2014
Death the leveler of all mortals. Bye bye. Of all you did people are only remembering you for the sadistic role of a Military Tribunal Judge. R. I P.
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by deletrue: 7:37am On Aug 19, 2014
ZACHIE: SANI SHEHU:

The death has been reported of General Patrick Aziza retired,

the officer who headed the Abacha special military tribunal which sentenced me and late Dr Beko Kuti and other journalists, to life imprison for treason

and which also sentenced late Shehu Musa yar'adua and others to death in 1995

.He was said to have died of Cancer;Even though he presided over our torture in underground military cells,humiliation,prolonged pain and incarceration on false charges,
I have forgiven him;May His Lord also forgive him.My condolences to his family.I appeal to my former prison mates to also forgive him,while conscious of the fact that it's not easy for many of you to agree with me.
Why do u think many will disagree with u? I was then working with an oil comppany. It was this devilish urhobo man from Aladja community, close to DSC, Udu LGA, warri, Delta State, who arranged with millitary men to burn down completely Ogbe Ijoh community now Head quarters,Warri South West LGA, Delta State. The man actually committed so much attrocities against many people then. You have told us just the truth. It is not bad to forgive, but those evil deeds must be told whenever his name is mentioned.

1 Like

Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by deletrue: 7:38am On Aug 19, 2014
ZACHIE: SANI SHEHU:

the officer who headed the Abacha special military tribunal which sentenced me and late Dr Beko Kuti and other journalists, to life imprison for treason

.He was said to have died of Cancer;Even though he presided over our torture in underground military cells,humiliation,prolonged pain and incarceration on false charges,
I have forgiven him;May His Lord also forgive him.My condolences to his family.I appeal to my former prison mates to also forgive him,while conscious of the fact that it's not easy for many of you to agree with me.
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by deletrue: 7:43am On Aug 19, 2014
olanje: R.I.P my formal military governor and probably d best gov we've ever had in d state... Ur gud works lives on AZiZa
You know wetin you dey talk so? Urhobo wayo indeed.
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by greenek001: 7:46am On Aug 19, 2014
[quote author=ZACHIE]SANI SHEHU:

I have for

dis sani shehu dosnt knw what forgivenesss is about
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by deletrue: 7:57am On Aug 19, 2014
dat9jaguy:

I just reread your post.Sorry for jumping into conclusion but i just responded emotionally.Meanwhile i agree that Amouri and co are
doing the Urohbo nation more harm than good.
Amoung the three tribes in Delta, Urhobos are the most 'tortoise like' people, very cunning group of people. They are never straight forwards. It was as a result of this character that made others to nick name them 'Urhobo Wayo'. meaning, people who can stay an hour with telling lies and tricking others.
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by jared007: 8:29am On Aug 19, 2014
deletrue: Amoung the three tribes in Delta, Urhobos are the most 'tortoise like' people, very cunning group of people. They are never straight forwards. It was as a result of this character that made others to nick name them 'Urhobo Wayo'. meaning, people who can stay an hour with telling lies and tricking others.
don't be silly delete-true(deleted truth and left lies) you are a chronic liar. We and ur tribesmen in delta know u well.
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by coputa(m): 8:32am On Aug 19, 2014
A great urhobo son has fallen'he made his mark toward the development of nigeria,we hope he will be given a national burial..
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by coputa(m): 8:39am On Aug 19, 2014
deletrue: Amoung the three tribes in Delta, Urhobos are the most 'tortoise like' people, very cunning group of people. They are never straight forwards. It was as a result of this character that made others to nick name them 'Urhobo Wayo'. meaning, people who can stay an hour with telling lies and tricking others.
is your tribe an exception to your accusation,can you mention one ethnic group that is accomodating,hospitable and truthful as the urhobos in nigeria,you are just a jealous tribal coward...
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by sidosky(m): 9:17am On Aug 19, 2014
His soul wasn't gentle. He sentenced innocent Military men to death. The real comment should be may God have mercy on his wicked soul
may his soul Rest in perfect peace.Amen[/quote]

1 Like

Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by ManTiger(m): 9:56am On Aug 19, 2014
MaxDick9ja:

I no get idea. E be like say na apc member

He was SDP's Abiola presidential running mate in 1993 election. Google is your friend.
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by 9JAgosurvive: 10:58am On Aug 19, 2014
See an interesting twist to the manner this story was reported here

https://www.nairaland.com/1863074/confusing-gen-patrick-azizawith-gen#25578354
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by ebonylady4real(f): 12:43pm On Aug 19, 2014
alexandakin: I got info dat Adebayo Faleti is also dead.

Actor Adebayo Faleti is NOT dead.
Theatre Arts and Motion Pictures Practitioners Association Of Nigeria(TAMPAN), Oyo State chapter, has dismissed the report as false. This was confirmed in a broadcast message sent by Yeye Rose Odika( Chairperson, TAMPAN Oyo State), Baba Adebayo Akande Faleti Ode Ababa is at his Ojoo residence(in Ibadan)
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by basadenet: 1:34pm On Aug 19, 2014
Is it the same Gen. Patrick Aziza that was involved in plane crush sometimes last year while coming from a retreat?
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by Vikky014(f): 2:17pm On Aug 19, 2014
AtbuAbdul: Who is Patrick Aziza? My thought went to Azazi, just on sighting the post. RIP
messenger of war right?@ur signature
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by AdeniyiA(m): 3:17pm On Aug 19, 2014
AtbuAbdul: Who is Patrick Aziza? My thought went to Azazi, just on sighting the post. RIP
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by LyfeJennings(m): 4:10pm On Aug 19, 2014
[quote author=iyaire][/quote]

lool.
& U are??
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by fxskye: 4:14pm On Aug 19, 2014
sylve11:

Yh, too many kids in here. I have reason for terming him a great man. Very very loyal to abacha. cool

But liar to Nigeria as a nation.
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by iyaire: 4:41pm On Aug 19, 2014
[quote author=LyfeJennings]
Caught you there, am proud to be Badorian
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by iheneme(m): 4:52pm On Aug 19, 2014
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by Smooyis(m): 6:50pm On Aug 19, 2014
Eeeyah. May his soul rest in perfect peace. May God comfort the family he left behind.
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 8:08pm On Aug 19, 2014
Good riddance.

May the person rot in hell.
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by dat9jaguy(m): 9:13pm On Aug 19, 2014
[quote author=deletrue]Amoung the three tribes in Delta, Urhobos are the most 'tortoise like' people, very cunning group of people. They are never straight forwards. It was as a result of this character that made others to nick name them 'Urhobo Wayo'. meaning, people who can stay an hour with telling lies and tricking others.[/quot

Bros don't hate,life is too short for that.Na Uhrobo wado people come change to Uhrobo wayo,chei Der is God o
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by misterjosh(m): 9:43pm On Aug 19, 2014
sirjohnson: Its true, he is dead. Read full story HERE
chei see confirm copy nd paste for this link, dem no try one bit
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by platz(m): 10:35pm On Aug 19, 2014
presley64:

sleep dey your eye? Wat d meaning of ur proverb
wake me up
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by guiddoti: 9:45pm On Aug 20, 2014
mrsolutionm: Rip greet mandela for me
Your mandela wey dey give false verdict on innocent citizens.
Re: General Patrick Aziza Is Dead by tonjeola(m): 8:15am On Aug 21, 2014
Carlmax: Dude is my neighbor at Ugbeyiyi sapele, and I just dey see am for nairaland. Well I nor dey town. RIP General, funny how this generation don't know you and how the little history they read/hear don't speak too well of you, exactly how in 20 years most big names today will matter little, we should always try to leave a legacy, something good to remember. NB: he was the owner of peemos hotel and resort.
U be real pelele guy o, how area na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senate Confirms 45 Nominees As Ministers; steps down Okotete, Danladi, El-rufai / Nnamdi Nwanwuo: Native Doctor Is PRP Candidate In Anambra Governorship Election / Independence Anniversary Expenditure For The Past 5 Years. - Nasir El-rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.