Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,181 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Nairaland Login Notification- Seun Address This - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nairaland Login Notification- Seun Address This (673 Views)

Pls How Do I Stop The Nairaland Login Notifications In My Email Inbox? / What's Wrong With Nairaland Login / Nairaland Login Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Login Notification- Seun Address This by jmoore(m): 8:14am On Aug 19, 2014
I don't want to keep getting emails whenever I log in. Why not provide a setting where a user can turn off the notification?
Re: Nairaland Login Notification- Seun Address This by Seun(m): 8:31am On Aug 19, 2014
How often do you login, sir? Why don't you remain logged in? We want to understand this because we don't expect users to login frequently.
Re: Nairaland Login Notification- Seun Address This by nwaobitex: 8:43am On Aug 19, 2014
when i used the logout all feature i am always being logged out anytime i open nairaland on my phone @seun
Re: Nairaland Login Notification- Seun Address This by jmoore(m): 8:59am On Aug 19, 2014
Seun: How often do you login, sir? Why don't you remain logged in? We want to understand this because we don't expect users to login frequently.

3- 4 times a day. Please, implement turning off the notifications.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Login Notification- Seun Address This by jmoore(m): 9:01am On Aug 19, 2014
nwaobitex: when i used the logout all feature i am always being logged out anytime i open nairaland on my phone @seun

That's the purpose. "logout all" logs you out from all devices.

If you want to be logged out from just your current device, then click on "logout" only.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Login Notification- Seun Address This by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 19, 2014
Yahoo mailbox has a way of filtering unwanted stuffs to a special folder, so they wont enter your inbox and will not enter spam. This was how i solved my facebook notifications (before i knew you could disable it) and nairaland topic subscription stuffs as well.
Re: Nairaland Login Notification- Seun Address This by jmoore(m): 10:45am On Aug 19, 2014
dhtml18: Yahoo mailbox has a way of filtering unwanted stuffs to a special folder, so they wont enter your inbox and will not enter spam. This was how i solved my facebook notifications (before i knew you could disable it) and nairaland topic subscription stuffs as well.

Yes, I created a special folder for nairaland.

Webmaster like you never knew you could disable fb notification. grin
Re: Nairaland Login Notification- Seun Address This by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 19, 2014
jmoore:

Yes, I created a special folder for nairaland.

Webmaster like you never knew you could disable fb notification. grin
It was not like that, I wanted the notifications in my email but i did not want it to display in my inbox. Till date I store my facebook and nairaland notifications in special folders.
Re: Nairaland Login Notification- Seun Address This by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 19, 2014
Seun: How often do you login, sir? Why don't you remain logged in? We want to understand this because we don't expect users to login frequently.
Possible reasons:
1. Some people have the habit of logging out of their devices so that another person does not masquerade as them.
2. Many nairalanders even browse from public systems like cybercafes and do not even have their own devices/internet.
3. Some are logged in from their office computers and log out when going home
4. Some developers like me might want to clear their cache, cookies and all that when doing some special work.
5. Some people simply move around like me once again and dont use the same device all the time.
6. Some nairalanders share a device, e.g. a couple that both are on nairaland, some might borrow the device of their spouse.
7. Some people (like the banned dhtml not me) use multiple identities for various reasons.

Err, I could go on and on, but i think i have highlighted some important factors.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Login Notification- Seun Address This by nwaobitex: 1:51pm On Aug 19, 2014
jmoore:

That's the purpose. "logout all" logs you out from all devices.

If you want to be logged out from just your current device, then click on "logout" only.
no i mean anytime i open nairaland i will have to login again
Re: Nairaland Login Notification- Seun Address This by Seun(m): 6:30pm On Aug 19, 2014
nwaobitex: no i mean anytime i open nairaland i will have to login again
That should not be the case. Which browser and mobile device do you use?
Re: Nairaland Login Notification- Seun Address This by nwaobitex: 6:56pm On Aug 19, 2014
Seun:
That should not be the case. Which browser and mobile device do you use?
uc browser. tecno m3
Re: Nairaland Login Notification- Seun Address This by jaybossYBNL(m): 11:21pm On Aug 19, 2014
nwaobitex: uc browser. tecno m3
I use M3 too, when you log in just save your password it won't notify you when you open Nairaland again and remember not to be logging out

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Web Training In Enugu State / Partners Needed Urgently / Please Help ..how Do I Appeal The Blacklisting Of My Website On Nairaland.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.