Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,318 members, 7,829,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Cool Whatsapp Facts You Sgould Chill With This Evening. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Cool Whatsapp Facts You Sgould Chill With This Evening. (3495 Views)

Cool Whatsapp Tips You Need To Know / Some COOL WhatsApp Tips & Tricks (My Guide ) / Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cool Whatsapp Facts You Sgould Chill With This Evening. by PrinceCEE(m): 10:24am On Aug 20, 2014
I ended 1st page

and started page 2

grin
Re: Cool Whatsapp Facts You Sgould Chill With This Evening. by Nobody: 11:00am On Aug 20, 2014
PrinceCEE: observing
observe fine o! Make thunder no burst your eye
Re: Cool Whatsapp Facts You Sgould Chill With This Evening. by PrinceCEE(m): 11:06am On Aug 20, 2014
] observe fine o! Make thunder no [color=#990000:
burst [/color] your eye
burst ke
Re: Cool Whatsapp Facts You Sgould Chill With This Evening. by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 20, 2014
Hello
Re: Cool Whatsapp Facts You Sgould Chill With This Evening. by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 27, 2014
This I cool op!
][size=6pt:
please note that this wasn't written by me... I just saw this on the net and decided to share it with you guys [/size]

[size=18pt] 16 Facts About WhatsApp [/size]

WhatsApp founded in 2009 by former Yahoo! employees Brian Acton and Jan Koum

Sequoia Capital invested $8 million in 2011

70% of users are active on a daily basis

WhatsApp says they are adding 1 million users everyday.

They currently employ 50 people
32 engineers working on WhatsApp, i.e. one engineer is responsible for 14 million active users!!

400 million active users in December
Rising to 450 million active users according to Facebook’s press release.

The app is the 5th most downloaded app on Android

WhatsApp doesn’t sell ads and zero have appeared on the app
The founders hate ads

Twitter and Facebook had the chance to hire founder Brian Acton but didn’t!

The total value of the deal(To sell whatsapp): $19 Billion ($4 billion in cash, $12 billion in stock, and $3 billion in restricted stock)

$1 Billion Break-up fee should the deal not go through.

Jan Koum(whatsapp founder) keeps a note from Brian (whatsapp founder) taped to his desk that reads “No Ads! No Games! No Gimmicks!” To keep them focused on building a pure messaging experience.

WhatsApp spent ZERO cash on marketing, PR and user acquisition

WhatsApp’s messaging volume is approaching the entire global telecom SMS volume

On Dec 31st 2013 users sent a total 54 billion messages during the day (3x increase from 2012)

How it became so popular?

Looking at those numbers reads like a fairy tale and is an inspiration to aspiring entrepreneurs. But what exactly made WhatsApp so popular? Here’s a short list that contributed to its increasing usage since 2009:

All you need to sign up is your phone number.

WhatsApp tapped into your contact list to display friends already using the app.

2G & 3G data plans paved the way for affordable messaging across borders (all you need for WhatsApp is an internet connection)

Free for a year and $0.99 a year for unlimited messages

MMS was rarely used due to its cost, WhatsApp made it affordable with its photo sharing feature

Cross platform compatibility (still includes Symbian&java!!) saw users in emerging marketing jump on the bandwagon

WhatsApp got a lot things right in the beginning and its growth rate is reportedly faster than Facebook’s. With Mark Zuckerberg even saying “WhatsApp is on a path to connect 1 billion people.” But with such a huge amount of money on the table – one has to wonder what $19 billion could’ve been used for instead?

[size=15pt] culled [/size] Google.com

Learn how to run android games/apps on your Pc click here

Wanna subscribe for bis...? Click here

Tired of recharging..? Wanna make free calls..? click here
Re: Cool Whatsapp Facts You Sgould Chill With This Evening. by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 13, 2014
Wow

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tecno Boom J8 Review By Dignited / Android 7.0 Nougat Is Here!!! / Exclusive: Full Details Of Upcoming Itel S13 And Itel S33 Leaked Ahead Of The Of

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.