Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,951 members, 7,952,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:50 AM

Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery (29988 Views)

Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. / Patrick Sawyer's Widow Apologises To Adadevoh's Family / Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by dasparrow: 12:59pm On Aug 20, 2014
milehigh06:

why do we derive so much joy from being ignorant? so any African who has migrated to America now becomes an Agent of Americayou want the USA to give you what they don't have?or how many explanations on why Zmap was not sent to Nigeria do you all want?they did not have enough and sent to the countries who have no capacity to help themselves and also develop an anti-ebola drug which Nigeria would never ever ever been able to do if we had been given Zmap..rather than see this as a blessing in disguise which has led to Nigerian scientist finally justifying their tag,you are all buisy blaming another country for refusing to be bid daddy to Nigeria then tomorrow you will have some stupid nationalist shouting Naija for ever while busy admonishing USA for not helping (you want independence but don't want the responsibilities)

RIP to the DR but lets stop blaming sawyer but the irresponsible people we have in power who knew about Ebola months ago but still allowed people from those infected countries to travel to Nigeria without being checked....coming to the US you would think you were going fpor a medical convention with all the tests you have to do but Naija,just carry passport and stroll through Airport

Stop all this preaching. There is no way America's name will not be mentioned in this since it was a Liberian-American that brought the deadly virus to Nigeria. Why did Sawyer's ebola-stricken azz not go straight to USA? Does USA not have a better healthcare system than Nigeria? Sawyer's sister died from the ebola virus and he (Sawyer) attended her funeral and also visited her in the hospital while she was sick even when he was told not to. After Sawyer caught the virus, he refused to remain quarantined in Liberia but rather made his way to Nigeria. Can you blame those Nigerians who think that there is some conspiracy going on? No human being or country can be trusted because even the bible says that "the heart of man is desperately wicked. Who can know it?" So no one truly knows what a country's motive maybe. I get sick and tired of some of you america's azz kissers who are always looking for ways to make excuses for your pay masters. Since you love america so much, you should take yourself to an american forum. Don't you think?

@Post

Its unfortunate. May Jehovah God console the doctor's family. Amen.
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by Nobody: 12:59pm On Aug 20, 2014
Tz only after a person dies dats when some set of nigerians will start forming pity and sympathy. When she was still alive no publicity by a celeb was made to honour her for her patriotic work except for her family members who made public a report on her situation saying that she musnt die. Now d woman is dead dats when dese fake azz nigerians are claiming 2 care. Heartless souls. Celebrate people when dey are alive cos dey will value it more dan when dey dead.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by jeffoe(m): 1:00pm On Aug 20, 2014
r.I.p doc. I salute your courage, bravo!.
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by armadeo(m): 1:00pm On Aug 20, 2014
tsolz90: If Mr sawyer were to be a poor man;this lady wont have touched him..walahi;i hate nnigerian doctors..RIP though..@ the celebs;funny how dose attention seeking mofos uses every medium to garner public attention..

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by whitecat007: 1:02pm On Aug 20, 2014
Every nurse and doctor who has died helping ebola victims deserves the praises and compesation for their families, no special treatment for select few please and this should not be a case of who is well connected, they all meant the world to their families.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by Caseless: 1:04pm On Aug 20, 2014
barcanista: Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh, I have never met you but for what you did for Nigeria...I love You!!!

Rest In Peace Great Woman
Suffer In Misery Mr. Patrick Sawyer
grin grin u made me laff here.
It wil b easier for hamas to forgive netanyahu than me forgiving patrick sawyer.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 20, 2014
caseless: grin grin u made me laff here.
It wil b easier for hamas to forgive netanyahu than me forgiving patrick sawyer.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by freshness2020: 1:13pm On Aug 20, 2014
Brave woman.... Sleep well ma.
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by trendystuf(f): 1:14pm On Aug 20, 2014
Rip Maám

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by makzeze: 1:21pm On Aug 20, 2014
Mr. Sawyer is a murderer.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by ceejayluv(m): 1:26pm On Aug 20, 2014
rapmike:
He is an American I should guess, and judging from the rather reluctant way they behaved towards this Ebola issue in Nigeria, I have a feeling that they (Or some people related to them) Have something to do with this. Just a thought tho.
Same way one buffoon could allege that the Lagos state govt purposely sent that nurse to enugu to further spread the disease.... Does it make sense?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by patwilly(m): 1:30pm On Aug 20, 2014
Sweetlemon: Thank God she kept the guy in the hospital knowing what would have happened should he have left there when they were no isolation wards in the country at that moment.

That's what makes her a heroine to me and not because she was on duty because she worked in a high brow private hospital for crying out loud!
is it only me that thinks this comment is highly insensitive and unnecessary. so what of she works in a private hospital?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by Songitto(m): 1:32pm On Aug 20, 2014
Well death is inevitable, RIP madam your legacy will live on
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by rapmike(m): 1:42pm On Aug 20, 2014
milehigh06:

why do we derive so much joy from being ignorant? so any African who has migrated to America now becomes an Agent of Americayou want the USA to give you what they don't have?or how many explanations on why Zmap was not sent to Nigeria do you all want?they did not have enough and sent to the countries who have no capacity to help themselves and also develop an anti-ebola drug which Nigeria would never ever ever been able to do if we had been given Zmap..rather than see this as a blessing in disguise which has led to Nigerian scientist finally justifying their tag,you are all buisy blaming another country for refusing to be bid daddy to Nigeria then tomorrow you will have some stupid nationalist shouting Naija for ever while busy admonishing USA for not helping (you want independence but don't want the responsibilities)

RIP to the DR but lets stop blaming sawyer but the irresponsible people we have in power who knew about Ebola months ago but still allowed people from those infected countries to travel to Nigeria without being checked....coming to the US you would think you were going fpor a medical convention with all the tests you have to do but Naija,just carry passport and stroll through Airport

So Sawyer is innocent, right? Am asking you. Somebody, who the Liberian Govt claimed sneaked into Nigeria and stayed here without informing people that he carried the virus and you are absorbing him from the blame? Ok o, no problem, just pray that something bigger than Ebola does not come our way.
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by luvinhubby(m): 1:51pm On Aug 20, 2014
Love you ma, will forever respect & cherish you for your heroic act for our country & mankind.

RIP ma. cry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by rasputinn(m): 2:04pm On Aug 20, 2014
Most times,God sends His angels in human form to protect us.As a doctor,who had recently diagnosed the evil American(every pun intended) Patrick Sawyerr of the Ebola virus disease,she knew the risk she had been exposed to,for her to even go ahead and keep the satanic mad Sawyerr in her clinic and stop him from going to spread the virus to more Lagosians before going to Calabar shows that she was indeed an ANGEL.
God bless you Angel Adadevoh
The FG should immortalise her and the other nurse,as well as immediately work out some financial assistance for their families and other medical personnel that have defied the strike action by Nigerian doctors and are lending a hand in combating the ebola spread in Nigeria
God bless Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 20, 2014
She's ghanaian! On one ghanaian page on fb they were suprised that she bears ghanaian name but called a nigerian...........R.i.p madam
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by expozey(f): 2:12pm On Aug 20, 2014
RIP Lovely one. Our wellbeing is as a result of your great courage and sacrifice.
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by arsetalks(m): 2:13pm On Aug 20, 2014
This woman ought to be given a national award but I doubt she will get one. The FG rather give Aki and Pawpaw an award for been adults acting the role of kids in movies. Disgusting.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by twopointtwo: 2:15pm On Aug 20, 2014
LMAyedun: Nigerians celebrate you, Dr. Ameyo
Give Patrick Sawyer a knock on his head, if you happen to see him on your way to heaven.

R I P Doc.

What will patrick sewyer be doing on the way to heaven,he must have been in hell.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by jocelyncherish: 2:29pm On Aug 20, 2014
Rest well ma...you are indeed a great woman,a rare gem.Nigerians love uuuu
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by temi127: 2:45pm On Aug 20, 2014
Sweetlemon: Thank God she kept the guy in the hospital knowing what would have happened should he have left there when they were no isolation wards in the country at that moment.

That's what makes her a heroine to me and not because she was on duty because she worked in a high brow private hospital for crying out loud!
[color=#006600][/color]

did you have to add that last paragraph?....like seriously??.... Nigerians tho...smh.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by Rastamann: 2:48pm On Aug 20, 2014
RIP
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by temi127: 2:54pm On Aug 20, 2014
tsolz90: If Mr sawyer were to be a poor man;this lady wont have touched him..walahi;i hate nnigerian doctors..RIP though..@ the celebs;funny how dose attention seeking mofos uses every medium to garner public attention..

i really dont av a problem with this post.... but it really does amaze me that another human clicked the 'like button'. like seriously?..

smh

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by Biggyd2: 3:08pm On Aug 20, 2014
For those who are saying not to blame Mr. Sawyer for this, do ask yourselves if Mr. Sawyer or his government knew or suspected that he had this disease. If it got to Nigeria inadvertently, it is a differently matter.When you blame the Nigerian doctor/government for not being ready for this, look also at the other side of the coin.

And we should all remember that if this is not contained now, a disaster is going to happen. Nigeria is not completely out of the woods yet.
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by Biggyd2: 3:10pm On Aug 20, 2014
EXCLUSIVE: Patrick Sawyer deceived us, ECOWAS to travel to Nigeria — Liberian Minister
Nicholas Ibekwe - 6 days ago
Featured News, News

Patrick Sawyer, the late Liberian-American, who brought the deadly Ebola virus to Nigeria, deceived and manipulated the Liberian government and the Economic Community of West African States, ECOWAS, to enable him travel to Nigeria, an official, who admitted approving Mr. Sawyer’s travel, has said.

Sebastian Muah, who until recently was the Liberian Deputy Minister of Finance for Fiscal Affairs, said in an email to PREMIUM TIMES that the late Mr. Sawyer deceived the Liberian government into believing that he was “Ebola Free’.

Mr. Muah was responding to this newspaper’s exclusive report on Tuesday indicating that he, on behalf of the Liberian government, cleared Mr. Sawyer to head to Nigeria even when the administration knew he was under observation for Ebola.

In his response, the former minister said Mr. Sawyer told his ministry that he had no contact with his younger sister who died of the disease on July 8 and that he had voluntarily subjected himself for testing which showed he was free of Ebola.

Mr. Muah said even to secure employment as a Liberian Government official, a position that qualified him for the trip, Mr. Sawyer lied that he had quit his employment as Public Health Manager of ArcelorMittal, an iron ore mining company in the country.

The former minister said Mr. Sawyer told the same lies to ECOWAS, and at a point, sidestepped the Liberian Minister of Finance, dealing directly with ECOWAS on matters concerning the trip.
On the whole, Mr. Muah blamed the slip that enabled Mr. Sawyer to travel to Nigeria on a “broken system of communication” within the Liberian bureaucracy.

Nigeria was free of Ebola until July 20 when Mr. Sawyer arrived. He became terribly ill on his flight and was rushed to the First Consultant Hospital Obalende, Lagos, where he died on July 24.
Nigeria’s Health Minister, Onyebuchi Chukwu, said on Monday that although the Liberian government has apologized for the incidence, it was pertinent to note that Nigeria was free of Ebola Virus until its importation by the Liberian-American.

Mr. Sawyer’s action, he said, has placed unnecessary stress on Nigeria’s health system. An apparently angry President Goodluck Jonathan also described Mr. Sawyer’s action as “madness”. Since the Liberian’s death in a Lagos hospital, three other persons who had contact with him have died of the virus.

At least seven others have also tested positive to the infection and have been quarantined at a Lagos hospital. President Goodluck Jonathan has since declared a national emergency on the disease while the federal health ministry in conjunction with health ministries in the 36 states are working to prevent the spread of the virus, which has killed over 1,000 people in Guinea, Liberia, and Sierra Leone.

Read Mr. Muah’s explanation in full below:
“Sawyer’s travel was made possible not by the GoL (Government of Liberia). My office has a review and approval process for ECOWAS related travel. Sawyer, if you must know, was asked not to report to work even at the Ministry of Finance.

“The fact of the matter, this many of us now know, is when you’re tested for Ebola right after contact, your test will come back negative. Being a non-medical officer, and seeing his emails from the time he was still supposedly employed by Mittal as their Public Health Manager (which he was still employed until his death deceiving us that he was no longer in their employ), he said he’d was in NO direct contact and that he had submitted himself for testing, but anyone can claim they’re “Ebola Free” if tested right after contact (something his email claimed he had NOT made with his sister [Direct contact with fluids]).

“Further, the fact that he requested e-tickets and I was NOT copied on those communications says that he did not want me informed. But I have a process of approval and believed that any such travel would meet that approval process; hence my assertion as to making the approval.

“But apparently, people were self-contracting on an “honour” system of quarantining themselves. Because I did not get a watch list to know who were to be quarantined or not. But shifting blame is NOT a part of who I am, I believe institutions should be the basis of functionality and not individuals.
“The system of approval for Travel was NOT followed and for the record, Sawyer’s trip was not approved by the system I had in place and hence did NOT meet my approval.

My folks indicated to me that no request was made through the system.
“He travelled because he did NOT inform the ECOWAS commission who purchased his plane tickets and paid per diem for his travel; and because we did not have this ticket information to actually alert relevant authorities to stop such.
“Upon checking his government emails I was able to uncover that he was communicating differently and directly with ECOWAS Commission (both using his Yahoo and gov.lr) and got an e-ticket from the Commission’s travel Unit. He did NOT even inform the ECOWAS Ambassador in Liberia, who was traveling with him about his situation. His email to folks at ECOWAS only said he had lost his sister.
“Further to that, he WAS in the employ of Mittal, this was information I was NOT made aware. When there is a broken system of communication and silo institutional structure, someone intending to deceive can get away with such.

“The ticket below shows who actually paid for Mr. Sawyer’s travel to Nigeria. No senior management at MoF saw Sawyer from the inception of his letter until his demise. Key here is when there is no strong integration around institutional communication, people can dupe the system.

“In this case Sawyer for no reason whatsoever I can imagine decided that he was going to travel while sick. A fundamental challenge with the fight that we have to make against this Disease. Ebola is a disease that can thrive on deceit, self-denial, pride, envy, non-patriotic behaviour.”
Below is the ticket with which Mr. Sawyer would have travelled to Calabar.

Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 10:26:19 +0000
Subject: SAWYER/PATRICK 21JUL2014 LOS CBQ
To: ECWTRAVELUNIT@gmail.com
ECOWAS COMMISSION BOOKING REF: YMYUNZ
101 YAKUBU GOWON CRESCENT DATE: 18 JULY 2014
ASOKORO
ABUJA SAWYER/PATRICK
NIGERIA
TELEPHONE: 234 7064189247, 8076229479
FAX: 234 09-314005
EMAIL: ECWTRAVELUNIT@GMAIL.COM
FLIGHT(S) CALCULATED AVERAGE CO2 EMISSIONS IS 169.93 KG/PERSON
SOURCE: ICAO CARBON EMISSIONS CALCULATOR
 http://www.icao.int/environmental-protection/CarbonOffset/Pages/default.aspx
GENERAL INFORMATION
—————————————————————————–
https://m.premiumtimesng.com/news/166720-exclusive-patrick-sawyer-deceived-us-ecowas-to-travel-to-nigeria-liberian-minister.html
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 20, 2014
oboi mtn do well o i just came accroos dis www.casygist.tk i no say una like freebies oya check am
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by Wadosky(m): 3:59pm On Aug 20, 2014
I heard ur story and prayed God save your life but the reverse happened.my prayer and hope is that I will meet you in heaven someday and tell how u wia a mother to the whole nation.
Love you ma.
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by upchair(m): 4:23pm On Aug 20, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: She's ghanaian! On one ghanaian page on fb they were suprised that she bears ghanaian name but called a nigerian...........R.i.p madam

Her father's mother was Nigerian while her father's father was Ghanian. In Ghana you pick where your mother comes from which made her father Nigerian which invariably makes her Nigerian.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ebola Virus Scare in Ogun State / 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster / Black Smoke Coming From Lagos Dump Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.