Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? (35615 Views)

Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village / Brain–brain Interface Allows Humans To Control Cockroaches With Their Minds / Cockroaches With Microphones Could Help Save Lives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by spinall: 2:47pm On Sep 10, 2014
As we all know everyone in dis world is born wif a mission, cockroaches inclusively. on the part of roaches, dere mission is to ten pipu's life upside down. 2 cut d long story short, dos roaches u see upside down failed 2 complete dere mission and the curse backfired. while dos dat still jump around like Hancock are yet to complete deres.while dos dat died in a good position simply means dey are at d right hand side of dere maker jollying. I hope u find dis short article helpful huh. gracias
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by Bergs(m): 2:47pm On Sep 10, 2014
c jamb 2020 question.....

anyway, I think IFÁ must provide answer to this ......chikena
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Sep 10, 2014
lynpetra: *rushes into the house;pulls her shirt off,run to the toilet pulls of her trousersz,sits down in the toilet,grabs the scissors beside her toilets stand and starts cutting her braids short,packs them short braids up with a rubber band to relax better*True talk,this woman agbo jedi jedi really dey work!*Wipes her wet face with tissue* Now,which thread am i?
Your the only person i know that sits in the toilet grin grin
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by rashygenius: 2:49pm On Sep 10, 2014
kaka22: #Searching for crockroach. Found one#
Me: Eh crockroach, why do your mates die upside down?

Crockroach: we die upside down because we like to go out gallantly but that's none of your business
Me: shocked
BORING!
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by yungchop: 2:54pm On Sep 10, 2014
princessayesha: A thread for cockroaches.... ewwwww angry
what's up with you now?
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by Atmmachine(m): 2:54pm On Sep 10, 2014
EbolaParasite:

Which America is that. Don't be Ignorant. The fact you haven't seen one in the state you live in does not mean they don't exist. If you live in the east coast, chances are you'll probably see little roaches and not cockroaches. On the other hand, go to HOT STATES like Florida, Texas, Louisiana, and Oklahoma and you will even see FLYING COCKROACHES SEF

I live in Texas but i haven't seen one..
Even those little brownish ants that licks sugar in Nigeria is not here
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by Nastydroid(m): 2:55pm On Sep 10, 2014
hensben: Cockraches dont naturaly die upsied down.They sometimes die upsied down because when they are on their backs they cant get up so they do nothing and just die. Creatures with exoskeletons frequently have a primitive muscle/blood flow circulation system tied into each other and it is hydraulic by nature. The natural state of their legs is curled up and a force of exertion combined with the pushing of blood through their legs causes them to straighten. They have fine motor control of this which allows them to move, in fact it's probably unconscious such as the way we move our limbs, the process is lsot on us we just know we can do it. Now, when the insect in question hasn't got enough food or water they grow weak, or with something like old age. So they find it harder to exert to force their legs "open" So imagine their standing on all their legs and can't summon the effort to keep the set on one side open. That side will collapse and they will tip. This causes them to roll over onto their backs. You can try this with a healthy insect and they will tilt and get back up but it's a strain and they use their legs a lot. When they are too weak to do this they are stuck, and frequently die shortly afterwards as they become too weak to right themselves.
so starvation would make them die upside down shocked
hensben: Cockraches dont naturaly die upsied down.They sometimes die upsied down because when they are on their backs they cant get up so they do nothing and just die. Creatures with exoskeletons frequently have a primitive muscle/blood flow circulation system tied into each other and it is hydraulic by nature. The natural state of their legs is curled up and a force of exertion combined with the pushing of blood through their legs causes them to straighten. They have fine motor control of this which allows them to move, in fact it's probably unconscious such as the way we move our limbs, the process is lsot on us we just know we can do it. Now, when the insect in question hasn't got enough food or water they grow weak, or with something like old age. So they find it harder to exert to force their legs "open" So imagine their standing on all their legs and can't summon the effort to keep the set on one side open. That side will collapse and they will tip. This causes them to roll over onto their backs. You can try this with a healthy insect and they will tilt and get back up but it's a strain and they use their legs a lot. When they are too weak to do this they are stuck, and frequently die shortly afterwards as they become too weak to right themselves.
so starvation would make them die upside down? Hope you know that a cockroach can live without his head for some days
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by Hardeyoye: 2:59pm On Sep 10, 2014
Becos when they die, their weight is too heavy for d tiny legs to carry thereby making them turn over. Shikena.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 10, 2014
Jona ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by qadeerkug(m): 3:01pm On Sep 10, 2014
ayusco85: Alakoba....... See queshion....... Hw I wan take knw? Shey I be cockroach?
hahahahaha bro u funny
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 10, 2014
banega: Your the only person i know that sits in the toilet grin grin
lol.I hate English!By the way,with what i passed through,i need to be inside the toilet.cheesy
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by IseOluwa777(m): 3:07pm On Sep 10, 2014
why do humans die lying down ?
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by unmask: 3:07pm On Sep 10, 2014
they are looking to heaven
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by emekson(m): 3:09pm On Sep 10, 2014
Which kind question be dis, have u Ever seen humanbeing
Dead standing

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by ndidibabe(f): 3:10pm On Sep 10, 2014
I hate Cockroaches a lot. I can't even stand them. I believe they are devilish. Sometimes, I wonder how a cockroach finds its way into a well secured house. Annoyingly, they can fly. They fly towards you like they are coming to pluck your eye. I just hate them...

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by missojugo(f): 3:18pm On Sep 10, 2014
How do these topics get on FP seriously? What am I missing?
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 10, 2014
sirjohnson: Read why cockroaches die upside down Here. The post explain in full details why some of them die upside down and why some dont
undecided
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by Ksslib(m): 3:27pm On Sep 10, 2014
So only 2 comments now make-up a page on NL?

Abi i dey see double?
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by jaggedboi(m): 3:28pm On Sep 10, 2014
When they r bout to die,dey seem to b laughing themselves out a lot. So,its too much laughter b4 death ;DWhen they r bout to die,dey seem to b laughing themselves out a lot. So,its too much laughter b4 death
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by UchihaItachi(m): 3:28pm On Sep 10, 2014
Anyone else seeing what I'm seeing? shocked

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by abarry001: 3:30pm On Sep 10, 2014
Airforce1: ive been noticing this .... why is it ? how do they get upsidedown ? undecided

Ask Google
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by Konection(m): 3:30pm On Sep 10, 2014
First 2 comment
they die dat way cos dats aw God wants it
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by Godmystrength: 3:34pm On Sep 10, 2014
DickDastardly: Did u just mention our name
Are you a cockroach
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by cirmuell(m): 3:37pm On Sep 10, 2014
Seun why are threads two post per page?
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 10, 2014
DickDastardly: Did u just mention our name

ehhn??
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by BodyKiss(m): 3:39pm On Sep 10, 2014
cirmuell: Seun why are threads two post per page?

He's busy toying and experimenting with nairaland. It's only a matter of time before he mistakenly delete the whole database.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by MissBritney(f): 3:43pm On Sep 10, 2014
Scientists in the house.. What's your take on this?
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by ayusco85(m): 3:57pm On Sep 10, 2014
qadeerkug: hahahahaha bro u funny

Lmao cheesy
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by Fabdedon(m): 3:57pm On Sep 10, 2014
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by PenSniper: 4:01pm On Sep 10, 2014
nwaobitex: jobless people

Hm, he has time for only money matters, i bet. Europeans go out of their way to find out such things hence their abundance knowledge. If the cause is natural, dont be surprised if in future they begin to make amphibious cars that,can overturn itself to ply rivers. Indolence is the bane of advancement.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mysterious Fireball Spotted In Sky Across Metro Detroit USA ( Pics, Video) / Nigerian Man Constructs A Transformer In Aba, Abia State (Photos, Video) / Top5 Strange Animals In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.