Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,151 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? (35619 Views)

Big White Cockroaches ; Not The People From Your Village / Brain–brain Interface Allows Humans To Control Cockroaches With Their Minds / Cockroaches With Microphones Could Help Save Lives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by deebrain(m): 4:02pm On Sep 10, 2014
Winners72: because jonathan is a cockroach.

Even fools see themselves as conquerors when manifesting stupidity.
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by Beennkumar(m): 4:05pm On Sep 10, 2014
They are simply lifting up their limbs and saying, "To you oh Lord I commit my spirit"
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 10, 2014
KillerBeauty: I really don't know why they die upside down
But I do know that whenever I see a cockroach lying straight up I pick up my slippers and I smash it to the ground.

That's all I care about
She's a killer through and through.
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by jennylove7575(f): 4:06pm On Sep 10, 2014
Its because they had sex with the wrong cockroach... They were molested.
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by shumuel(m): 4:06pm On Sep 10, 2014
corneremperor: Same reason why human beings don't die on their feet!

my point also, @Op, why do humans die laying on dre back after they fall ? Ans this and u've gottn ur ans already
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by frank317: 4:08pm On Sep 10, 2014
Largas: You could have asked the one you saw in your shoes and killed.

whats that? you dont know the answer and u have never been curious... stop shutting down inquisitive people with fooolish answers. some people think if u dont.

next time whenever u see this kind of question, tell yourself something "This guy is way too smarter than me"
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by Waspy(m): 4:09pm On Sep 10, 2014
jennylove7575: Its because they had sex with the wrong cockroach... They were molested.
You think abt sex per second. Haba. Na so you like am reach?
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by Odinaka00(m): 4:10pm On Sep 10, 2014
lepasharon:

Have u also noticed with the insecticide when u spray them this capsule thing comes out of them ? Urghh *shudders*

Ajibota.....anafomu na internet....Urghhh
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by bigtt76(f): 4:22pm On Sep 10, 2014
Better pikin ....you go school jaaaare grin

whatofyou: Most cockroaches that die upside down are the ones killed by insecticides. Something tells me that these insecticides work by blocking the holes in their abdomens, called spiracles. In a bid to 'draw' more air (surface area) as they tussle for life with the insecticide, they overturn themselves, then they die in that position.
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by clem305D(m): 4:30pm On Sep 10, 2014
why dont you do the experiment yourself...get a cock^^^^^ and do the maths.. grin
Airforce1: ive been noticing this .... why is it ? how do they get upsidedown ? undecided
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by Adesiji77: 4:31pm On Sep 10, 2014
@Seun

While I appreciate a good sense of humour, sometimes I wonder how topics like this make FP while others that will encourage interchange of knowledge often fail to do so.

Is it a reflection of the type of mods that we now have on NL? What determines whether a topic makes FP? Just wondering.

I created a thread that requires the input of Agribusiness professionals and specifically requested that mods help move it to FP for maximum exposure.

Despite sending mails to the mods and supermod, there was no positive action on their part.

On a lighter mood, the topic is a comic relief from this Lagos traffic. grin
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by blakky97(m): 4:34pm On Sep 10, 2014
Wtf! This topic is about cockroach? Oh! You've crossed the boundary. I'm out!
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by clem305D(m): 4:35pm On Sep 10, 2014
hmmmm nwanne m ife nke a dikwa ya bu egwu...ma ndi ulo fa bu so ochicha ochicha ana afomu...okay o!!!
Odinaka00:

Ajibota.....anafomu na internet....Urghhh
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by ElNur1: 4:40pm On Sep 10, 2014
I also notice they sleep upside down
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by iceberylin(m): 4:41pm On Sep 10, 2014
Thanks dear grin
[quoteauthor=Kachisbarbie]
Hahahahhahahahahaha...your question is epic![/quote]
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by ElNur1: 4:46pm On Sep 10, 2014
UchihaItachi: Anyone else seeing what I'm seeing? shocked

repeated Thread?
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by mztubsy(f): 4:51pm On Sep 10, 2014
Crap....crappier.......crappiest
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 10, 2014
hmmmmm...
jennylove7575: Its because they had sex with the wrong cockroach... They were molested.
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by EbolaParasite: 4:54pm On Sep 10, 2014
Atmmachine:

I live in Texas but i haven't seen one..
Even those little brownish ants that licks sugar in Nigeria is not here

You be johnny just come then. Go to southwest houston. Precisely fondren, west belfort, beltway 8 and bissonett, and you will see flying cockroaches.
Sugar ants may not be common but houston has some other nasty ants that can mess up the foundation to your house.
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by lymelyte(m): 4:58pm On Sep 10, 2014
Na wa ooo cheesy

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by Eberex(m): 4:59pm On Sep 10, 2014
tongue

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by Legendoscar2: 5:05pm On Sep 10, 2014
KillerBeauty: I really don't know why they die upside down
But I do know that whenever I see a cockroach lying straight up I pick up my slippers and I smash it to the ground.

That's all I care about
Innwhin. grin
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by Legendoscar2: 5:08pm On Sep 10, 2014
EbolaParasite:

You be johnny just come then. Go to southwest houston. Precisely fondren, west belfort, beltway 8 and bissonett, and you will see flying cockroaches.
Sugar ants may not be common but houston has some other nasty ants that can mess up the foundation to your house.

Those your Fondren and Bisonnet Area na..... lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by Nestor021: 5:08pm On Sep 10, 2014
Hello, visit and register on www.felicityglobal.com.ng for free tutorial on how to program your own GAME App for any mobile platform.

You can also benefit from our other free tutorials posted inside the forum.

Registration is FREE

Shara & Enjoy!!!
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by Atmmachine(m): 5:13pm On Sep 10, 2014
EbolaParasite:

LOL
Johnny just come ??
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 10, 2014
Ko kan aye

Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by ChiSun27(m): 5:18pm On Sep 10, 2014
Winners72: because jonathan is a cockroach.

Wen wil u strt bein useful 2 ur coun3?

Must u insult ur president?

N wat has Uncle Jona got to do with wat d OP postd?
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by ChiSun27(m): 5:21pm On Sep 10, 2014
ElNur1: I also notice they sleep upside down

Do u folo dem in2 dia closet?
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by adanny01(m): 5:21pm On Sep 10, 2014
Why Do Cockroaches Die on Their Backs

I know that somehow you've wondered why cockroaches flip over when they die (not unless you decided to step on them).It really is mind-boggling, isn't it? Here's a simplified explanation to that:

Cockroaches, apparently, have bulky bodies (composing of 3 heavy body segments) which are only supported by 6 long thin legs, As they die, they lose muscle-control causing the leg muscles to contract. As a result, the legs are forced to be pulled beneath the body causing them to lose their balance, and topple over. This also explains why cockroaches on the wall fall off when they were crawling on the wall and got sprayed with insecticides.

Is flipping over always the case?

No. There is still a possibility for a cockroach to die without toppling over. However, it is inherent upon these insects to involuntary experience muscle contraction and end up lying on their back upon dying.
www.yougotme.hubpages.com/hub/Why-Do-Cockroaches-Topple-Over-When-They-Die
Re: Why Do Cockroaches Die Upside Down? by emeryj(f): 5:22pm On Sep 10, 2014
whatofyou: Most cockroaches that die upside down are the ones killed by insecticides. Something tells me that these insecticides work by blocking the holes in their abdomens, called spiracles. In a bid to 'draw' more air (surface area) as they tussle for life with the insecticide, they overturn themselves, then they die in that position.

Such wisdom... Never thought of it that way

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mysterious Fireball Spotted In Sky Across Metro Detroit USA ( Pics, Video) / Nigerian Man Constructs A Transformer In Aba, Abia State (Photos, Video) / Top5 Strange Animals In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.