Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,961 members, 7,814,255 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

2015: Should Women Be Given Chance To Rule Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Should Women Be Given Chance To Rule Nigeria? (3081 Views)

Why Sambo Dasuki Will Never Allow Buhari To Rule Nigeria / 2015: Should Ethnicity And Religion Determine The Outcome Of Elections? / Bankole - Our Leaders Love To Rule And Die In Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: Should Women Be Given Chance To Rule Nigeria? by Sirniyeh(m): 1:52pm On Aug 20, 2014
If we keep on with same methodology in nigeria, we will endup in same direction!
It's time to allow women to take some principal post in Nigeria like presidency, CBN and etc.
What is your opinion? Do women reason like men? Should they be given opportunity to preside over nigeria?
Who is most suitable, intelligent, and purpose-driven among nigerian women to be president of Nigeria? Why?
This is democracy. Mission to transform nigeria 2015
Re: 2015: Should Women Be Given Chance To Rule Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 20, 2014
Interesting. Well, I'm not that much into our politics and as such I don't know our prominent female politicians by name or face. But what I know is, it's not yet time.

Personally, I don't think a woman can withstand the emotional terrorism unveiling presently. She'd probably end up as a Pawn. Those hard core decisions, she will play soft. No offense but take a look at the first lady chibok saga. We don't want our president begging do we.

So I think the right time for a woman to govern this country should be when the security tension is completely overhauled. Maybe In the next 12 years or so.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Should Women Be Given Chance To Rule Nigeria? by Sirniyeh(m): 9:01am On Aug 21, 2014
Ceasar1: Interesting. Well, I'm not that much into our politics and as such I don't know our prominent female politicians by name or face. But what I know is, it's not yet time.

Personally, I don't think a woman can withstand the emotional terrorism unveiling presently. She'd probably end up as a Pawn. Those hard core decisions, she will play soft. No offense but take a look at the first lady chibok saga. We don't want our president begging do we.

So I think the right time for a woman to govern this country should be when the security tension is completely overhauled. Maybe In the next 12 years or so.
Well said
Re: 2015: Should Women Be Given Chance To Rule Nigeria? by redsun(m): 9:14am On Aug 21, 2014
Nobody will give it to them,they have to grab it if they are truly awake. But I don't think they are awake,they are just as awkward as the men politicians
Re: 2015: Should Women Be Given Chance To Rule Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 21, 2014
WOMEN RULE NIGERIA WHEN HAUSA/Fulani SLAVES FROM SOUTH-WASTE ARE CLAMOURING FOR THE PROPHET OF ISLAM (BUHARI) PISS AND POO BE UPON HIM angryTO TAKE OVER THE MANTLE OF LEADERSHIP IN 2015.
Re: 2015: Should Women Be Given Chance To Rule Nigeria? by Sirniyeh(m): 9:45am On Aug 21, 2014
AKUNWATA1: WOMEN RULE NIGERIA WHEN HAUSA/Fulani SLAVES FROM SOUTH-WASTE ARE CLAMOURING FOR THE PROPHET OF ISLAM (BUHARI) PISS AND POO BE UPON HIM angryTO TAKE OVER THE MANTLE OF LEADERSHIP IN 2015.
Please this is a serious thread. No tribalism and no bigotry.
Women are clamouring that they can do better. What a man can not do, a woman can do better.. It is becoming more glaring that all men corrupt except...
I suggest these four women:
pastor mrs Adeboye/Fashola
pastor mrs Oyedepo/Ribadu
pastor mrs Oritshajafor/Osiomole
pastor mrs Olukoya/Buhari
Re: 2015: Should Women Be Given Chance To Rule Nigeria? by size38: 10:38am On Aug 21, 2014
B4, I would have agreed to this suggestion that women should be allowed to rule Nigeria. But with the character and penchant for stealing displayed by some of the women in Nigeria like Patience Jonathan a.k.a (Shipopotamus) Stella Oduah, Diezani Maduekwe etc I will say capital NO to this.
Re: 2015: Should Women Be Given Chance To Rule Nigeria? by delishpot: 11:37am On Aug 21, 2014
size38: B4, I would have agreed to this suggestion that women should be allowed to rule Nigeria. But with the character and penchant for stealing displayed by some of the women in Nigeria like Patience Jonathan a.k.a (Shipopotamus) Stella Oduah, Diezani Maduekwe etc I will say capital NO to this.

Are the men any better?

To me o, man o, woman o, all are good to go as long as they suround themselves with worthy officers who serve under them and are willing to take naija to the promise land. The leadership of a country does not lie only in the hands of the president but includes, all those who are serving under him and even extends to the citizens of the country following set rules and regulation while the leadership is firm and determined to keep everyone in check.
Re: 2015: Should Women Be Given Chance To Rule Nigeria? by Sirniyeh(m): 12:24pm On Aug 21, 2014
delishpot:

Are the men any better?

To me o, man o, woman o, all are good to go as long as they suround themselves with worthy officers who serve under them and are willing to take naija to the promise land. The leadership of a country does not lie only in the hands of the president but includes, all those who are serving under him and even extends to the citizens of the country following set rules and regulation while the leadership is firm and determined to keep everyone in check.
Well said
Re: 2015: Should Women Be Given Chance To Rule Nigeria? by eureka: 4:16pm On Aug 21, 2014
It is time. If some more matured democracies(India,Norway, UK, Argentina, Brazil) and even Islamic country-Pakistan can produce women as presidents, Nigeria is just 15years old in consistent civil rule. It is not rocket science. We can and it is possible.
Re: 2015: Should Women Be Given Chance To Rule Nigeria? by Sirniyeh(m): 6:45pm On Aug 21, 2014
eureka: It is time. If some more matured democracies(India,Norway, UK, Argentina, Brazil) and even Islamic country-Pakistan can produce women as presidents, Nigeria is just 15years old in consistent civil rule. It is not rocket science. We can and it is possible.
EUREKA FOR PRESIDENT!
Kudos to your courage. If you are voted in, how will you tackle nigeria problem? Will you withstand manly influences?
How will you handle Babangida, Obasanjo, Buhari, Tinubu, Atiku, etc
Re: 2015: Should Women Be Given Chance To Rule Nigeria? by vicadex07(m): 7:01pm On Aug 21, 2014
You mean women like;

Patience Jonathan
Ngozi Iweala
Patricia Eteh
Stella Oduah
Alison madueke

They have been tried in leadership positions and most have failed. There is nothing special about them. Look at Liberia with a female president. Does that solve all their problems. Abeg talk another thing.

The only outsanding woman I ever knew to weild political power was Dora, but now she is gone.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Should Women Be Given Chance To Rule Nigeria? by Sirniyeh(m): 9:28pm On Aug 22, 2014
vicadex07: You mean women like;

Patience Jonathan
Ngozi Iweala
Patricia Eteh
Stella Oduah
Alison madueke

They have been tried in leadership positions and most have failed. There is nothing special about them. Look at Liberia with a female president. Does that solve all their problems. Abeg talk another thing.

The only outsanding woman I ever knew to weild political power was Dora, but now she is gone.
Clap for yourself! You made a sensible point. But what is the percentage of the few women you mentioned to other credible women in Nigeria? Have you heard tha ALAKIJA- the richest woman in Africa is warming up for presidency?
Re: 2015: Should Women Be Given Chance To Rule Nigeria? by Haywhymido(m): 9:34pm On Aug 22, 2014
AKUNWATA1: WOMEN RULE NIGERIA WHEN HAUSA/Fulani SLAVES FROM SOUTH-WASTE ARE CLAMOURING FOR THE PROPHET OF ISLAM (BUHARI) PISS AND POO BE UPON HIM angryTO TAKE OVER THE MANTLE OF LEADERSHIP IN 2015.
what u wrote here big pass ur grand father's mouth. I guess u knw jonadraft wil fail come 2015 dat y u r afraid of dose u mentioned above. e-goat
Re: 2015: Should Women Be Given Chance To Rule Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 22, 2014
Sirniyeh: If we keep on with same methodology in nigeria, we will endup in same direction!
It's time to allow women to take some principal post in Nigeria like presidency, CBN and etc.
What is your opinion? Do women reason like men? Should they be given opportunity to preside over nigeria?
Who is most suitable, intelligent, and purpose-driven among nigerian women to be president of Nigeria? Why?
This is democracy. Mission to transform nigeria 2015
First and foremost , a woman won't win presidential election in this present Nigeria ..

Secondly , it is either she emerge the worst president in a worst Nigeria since history or she get assasinated for ruling as Margaret thatcher !

A woman President can't fare better than male in this systemic-problem embattled Nigeria !!
Re: 2015: Should Women Be Given Chance To Rule Nigeria? by vicadex07(m): 9:44pm On Aug 22, 2014
Sirniyeh:
Clap for yourself! You made a sensible point. But what is the percentage of the few women you mentioned to other credible women in Nigeria? Have you heard tha ALAKIJA- the richest woman in Africa is warming up for presidency?

Yes and your mum will be her vice. Are you sure you're male cos I don't understand what your true motives are.

Alakija ko, jagun-jagun ni
Re: 2015: Should Women Be Given Chance To Rule Nigeria? by Sirniyeh(m): 9:51am On Aug 23, 2014
donroxy: First and foremost , a woman won't win presidential election in this present Nigeria ..

Secondly , it is either she emerge the worst president in a worst Nigeria since history or she get assasinated for ruling as Margaret thatcher !

A woman President can't fare better than male in this systemic-problem embattled Nigeria !!
Right opinion. But what if the person becomes the people's choice? What is your perception towards that?
Re: 2015: Should Women Be Given Chance To Rule Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 23, 2014
Sirniyeh:
Right opinion. But what if the person becomes the people's choice? What is your perception towards that?
The fact that a woman won't win election in present Nigeria already negate the concept of ''people's choice'' because it is obvious that the North won't allow woman to preside since they have a cultural orientation against such and they have a decisive population for presidential electoral victory !!

Nonetheless, women, just few cases, have not been known for managing to success a depleted debacle like present Nigeria but to me women are superb than men in managing success to stardom ...

Thus, The problems of Nigeria still lies with the men in providing solutions to this systemic routs the critical sector to look at is

EDUCATION,

CITIZEN ORIENTED GOVERNMENT (government by responsibilities and responsiveness)

and

NATIONAL RE-ORIENTATION !!!

1 Like

Re: 2015: Should Women Be Given Chance To Rule Nigeria? by rocgirl: 1:15pm On Aug 23, 2014
Yes, it's about time women rule the states and this country!
Re: 2015: Should Women Be Given Chance To Rule Nigeria? by Sirniyeh(m): 6:18pm On Aug 23, 2014
donroxy: The fact that a woman won't win election in present Nigeria already negate the concept of ''people's choice'' because it is obvious that the North won't allow woman to preside since they have a cultural orientation against such and they have a decisive population for presidential electoral victory !!

Nonetheless, women, just few cases, have not been known for managing to success a depleted debacle like present Nigeria but to me women are superb than men in managing success to stardom ...

Thus, The problems of Nigeria still lies with the men in providing solutions to this systemic routs the critical sector to look at is

EDUCATION,

CITIZEN ORIENTED GOVERNMENT (government by responsibilities and responsiveness)

and

NATIONAL RE-ORIENTATION !!!
Thanks for the enlightenment. I've known what I never thought of before. Kudos to your understanding

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Cannot Win In 2015---Asari Dokubo / Goodluck Has Lost Anambra / Obj Speaks On Gmb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.