Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,693 members, 7,820,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

US Elections 2008 Results: Obama vs Mccain - Foreign Affairs (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Elections 2008 Results: Obama vs Mccain (30466 Views)

Poll: And the winner will be:

McCain/Palin: 5% (12 votes)
Obama/Biden: 94% (189 votes)
This poll has ended

Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread / Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 / Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Elections 2008 Results: Obama vs Mccain by dansmith1(m): 3:12pm On Nov 05, 2008
Obama has made history, he has brought change and hope to America and the World
Re: US Elections 2008 Results: Obama vs Mccain by darfur(m): 3:44pm On Nov 05, 2008
kobojunkie . . . koboko, where is kobojunkie?

ahaaaaaa, no more sean hannity ramblings grin

no more . . .

joe the plumber

kobojunkie the hater

tayo the D

toshmann the addict grin

negro the ntns grin

dora the explorer grin

mickey the mouse grin

my greatest joy is not just that obama won the election, he won it in a landslide.

he won ohio, where kobojunkie and toshmann live cool
he won minnesota where tayoD lives tongue
he silenced the stupid conservatives. he won virginia, the former capital of the confederacy shocked

yes we can
yes we can
yes we can
Re: US Elections 2008 Results: Obama vs Mccain by plusQueen: 3:47pm On Nov 05, 2008
where is negro
where is Ibime
where is kobojunkie
where is savanaha
where is deepzone
where is TayoD
where is Pataki
where is toshmann
where's jesoul

It's my time to gloat tongue tongue
Re: US Elections 2008 Results: Obama vs Mccain by whatever90(f): 3:49pm On Nov 05, 2008
osisi obamamania e me go ya ozo

he has done it again cool
Re: US Elections 2008 Results: Obama vs Mccain by plusQueen: 3:55pm On Nov 05, 2008
whatever90:

osisi obamamania e me go ya ozo

he has done it again cool

my sister that is eh
this kain thing!
anyi kuru McCain isi abaa okpu
Re: US Elections 2008 Results: Obama vs Mccain by GsUp: 4:14pm On Nov 05, 2008
Re: US Elections 2008 Results: Obama vs Mccain by AMUOMON(m): 4:25pm On Nov 05, 2008
obama as  expirence too much but mccain lacks the exiprence , but obama is been declear the winner of the us election , president barack  obama  is now the new president
Re: US Elections 2008 Results: Obama vs Mccain by spicy007(f): 4:57pm On Nov 05, 2008
YeS, We Can, We Shall and Thank God, We Have,
I only wish heroes like Henrietta Tubman, MartinLuther King, Obama's granny, JFK, Lyndon Johnson, Obama's parents etc were alive to see this historic day.
today's historic event goes to prove that I can be who i want to be, in life, regardless.
Re: US Elections 2008 Results: Obama vs Mccain by TmeD0(m): 5:02pm On Nov 05, 2008
Na wetin that useless so-called rev Jesse (the race monger) Jackson come dey shed opolo tears for?  It's kind of funny that this was the same person talking about cutting B-HO's nuts a while back (hisses). Agbaya alabosi eyan!   
Re: US Elections 2008 Results: Obama vs Mccain by jgirl3: 5:16pm On Nov 05, 2008
I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo HAPPY!
I was shedding tears y'all!
Obama won and I think he'll even be a better president than a campaigner.
OBAMA HAS GONE WHERE NO BLACK HAS GONE. HE'S THE LEADER OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: US Elections 2008 Results: Obama vs Mccain by bawomolo(m): 5:17pm On Nov 05, 2008
ha ha i think kobo and tayo-d would take a little break from these boards
Re: US Elections 2008 Results: Obama vs Mccain by saintsam(m): 5:46pm On Nov 05, 2008
I might have stumbled into this thread far 2 late, but have come 2 realise from the usa election that blacks are the worst racists on earth. 90% blacks supported obama based on his colour.

If we are to critically analyse the credentials of McCain and obama, then i will personally give it to McCain, McCain have have the well mix of experience to tackle the crisis america face 2day, Obama would do fine too, but he will make big blunders (i pray he doesnt) especially concerning the wars in iraq and afhagnistan,

Though to some extent, have come to respect the integrity and leadership of obama, the way he carried himself, and the way he goes about preaching his reform policies. I see obama has an eloquent speaker and a motivator, this are only just by-attributes compared with the daunting task of sitting on the presidency seat.

According to Williams Shakespears, "Action is Eloquence" We are now going to see how the president elect implements his words into actions, (I pray he succeed)

McCain would have make a better leader ( thats my own opinion), but he his just made a scape goat of Bush failed policies.

ALL THOUGH, I SUPPORTED OBAMA, BECAUSE AM A RACIST, YES AM A BLACK MAN RACIST (LOL)

i really hope obama wont fail the black race, the american people and himself.
Re: US Elections 2008 Results: Obama vs Mccain by bawomolo(m): 5:52pm On Nov 05, 2008
Re: US Elections 2008 Results: Obama vs Mccain by darfur(m): 5:55pm On Nov 05, 2008
kobojunkie wayoooooo

wa wa wayoooooo

tayo D wayooooooo, wa wa wayooooooooooooooooooooo
toshmani wayooooo, wa wa wayooooooooooooo
negro nuts wayooo, wa wa wayoooooooooooooo

sean hannity wayooooo wa wa wayooooooooooooooooooo
bill orielly a.k.a billo the clown wayoooo wa wa wayooooo
rush lauberg a.k.a the comedian wayoooo wa wa wayooooooo
ann coultier ashawo grin wayoooo wa wa wayoooooo

fox news a.k.a fox noise/ fix news wayo wa wa wayooooo cheesy

[size=13pt]all sensible people shout three happy hurrays for ''that one'' . .

hip hip hip . . . . . . [/size]
Re: US Elections 2008 Results: Obama vs Mccain by DavidDylan(m): 6:11pm On Nov 05, 2008
TayoD said -

Talking about polls. I will enjoin everyone not to put too much hope in these polls going into the election. Why you may ask? Among other reasons, how do you account for up to 80% refuse-to-respond reply to the pollsters' questions? The polls we are do not account for this. Assuming these people who refuse to respond are Obama's, then the race will be a landslide victory for him. If on the other hand they are McCain's you can be sure Obama stands no chance.

Considering that Obama is the "hip" choice and these folks go against the grain to not respond at all, then I will tell you Obama is in very big trouble.

Early voting which is traditionally the strength of the Democrats hasn't showed any Obama edge so far. Florida, arguably the most liberal State in the Union that was supposed to be in the bag for Obama is now very competitive and Obama is still throwing money there like no man's business. Reason for this is not far-fetched. A ballot initiative banning gay marriage is in the offing. You can imagine how this is energizing the traditional conservative base to go out and vote. This does not bode well for Obama, considering the fact that polls indicate the ban will be upheld. If same people who uphold the ban vote traditionally, then bye-bye to Florida for Obama.

In short, I can not put my money on this election. It is way too complicated to predict.

- Sir, i agree with you that we shld not have put much hope in these polls . . . if anything they UNDER-ESTIMATED Obama's margin of victory.
Re: US Elections 2008 Results: Obama vs Mccain by KarmaMod(f): 6:12pm On Nov 05, 2008
plus_Queen:

where is deepzone

Lol you didnt see this?

I suspect that Barack Obama is the antiChrist because he fits the profile. You know, the whole world will embrace him irrespective of religion,race and culture and all that. His profile in Europe and Asia is alarming. Just my thoughts sha and am afraid I may be right.
Re: US Elections 2008 Results: Obama vs Mccain by maedan(f): 6:16pm On Nov 05, 2008
how can anyone even think McCain would have made a better president? My goodness, from the way he ran his campaign you can tell he's a poor strategist. And picking Palin! Talk about self-destruction!!! Meanwhile, Obama handled everything with such a high level of intellect, cunning and common sense. He raised more money, used more media, made more impact. He drew the youth, the educated and enlightened to his corner. And he never resorted to the age-old style of mud-slinging like McCain did. So who the heck would you choose?
Re: US Elections 2008 Results: Obama vs Mccain by princekevo(m): 6:20pm On Nov 05, 2008
saintsam:

I might have stumbled into this thread far 2 late, but have come 2 realise from the usa election that blacks are the worst racists on earth. 90% blacks supported obama based on his colour.

If we are to critically analyse the credentials of McCain and obama, then i will personally give it to McCain, McCain have have the well mix of experience to tackle the crisis america face 2day, Obama would do fine too, but he will make big blunders (i pray he doesnt) especially concerning the wars in iraq and afhagnistan,

Though to some extent, have come to respect the integrity and leadership of obama, the way he carried himself, and the way he goes about preaching his reform policies. I see obama has an eloquent speaker and a motivator, this are only just by-attributes compared with the daunting task of sitting on the presidency seat.

According to Williams Shakespears, "Action is Eloquence" We are now going to see how the president elect implements his words into actions, (I pray he succeed)

McCain would have make a better leader ( thats my own opinion), but he his just made a scape goat of Bush failed policies.

ALL THOUGH, I SUPPORTED OBAMA, BECAUSE AM A RACIST, YES AM A BLACK MAN RACIST (LOL)

i really hope obama wont fail the black race, the american people and himself.

I think there is an atom truth when u said 90% black voted for Obama coz he is black yah that might be as a result of racimsm as u said.But i think Obama's wining lies beyond just that. All we should do is jst to pray for God's wisdom for Him to face the task ahead.Listen America is facing a huge economic crises rite now which  takes only a democrate policy to get them back to normal.Anyother democrate would have won the election irrespective of the race and colour.Wht American needed was a change at  this moment and they believe that change can only be made by democrates.
Re: US Elections 2008 Results: Obama vs Mccain by Cayon(f): 6:46pm On Nov 05, 2008
Can't wait to see those little black girls running around in the white house and on the lawn. Ahhh. such a nice feeling

or better yet, Obama should host Thanksgiving on the white house lawn. Yea mon - bring out our collard gree, corn bread, friend chicken - let Ytee eat their hearts out. I am soo happy.

Re: US Elections 2008 Results: Obama vs Mccain by darfur(m): 7:24pm On Nov 05, 2008
@davidylan

bro, what happened to bradley effect?
ahaa, we have reverse bradley.

i remember mr todd, a political pundit of msnbc-the place for politics- said that in the primaries, obama actually won more white votes in the south than the polls suggested. and that what happened in new hampshire was that polsters stopped taking new polls as far back as three days b4 the primaries.

he also noted that in the so called bradley, the black candidates did not get less than polls predicted, only their opponents got more.

what happened? obama won indiana? indiana for pete's sake, indiana shocked shocked OMG shocked
obama was competetive in kentucky? and west virginia shocked shocked shocked is somebody watching these results?
Re: US Elections 2008 Results: Obama vs Mccain by TmeD0(m): 7:26pm On Nov 05, 2008
j-girl:

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo HAPPY!
[I was shedding tears y'all!
Obama won and I think he'll even be a better president than a campaigner.
OBAMA HAS GONE WHERE NO BLACK HAS GONE. HE'S THE LEADER OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ok now Jesse Jackson!  Na h2o plenty 4 ya eyes so?  grin
Re: US Elections 2008 Results: Obama vs Mccain by darfur(m): 7:33pm On Nov 05, 2008
for hating the truth and spreading falsehood
for living in demented denial
for spreading hatred and smothering joy
for propagating an evil ideology over common sense

today, 5th november 2008

[size=15pt]kobojunkie, tayo D, negro_nuts, toshman, and their demented cohorts are . .[/size]

[size=20pt]the worst persons in the world . . . . . .[/size] [size=18pt] . . . [/size] . . .
Re: US Elections 2008 Results: Obama vs Mccain by kamalydeen(m): 8:09pm On Nov 05, 2008
grin angry shocked tongue embarassed kiss cry kiss kiss embarassed tongue shocked sad angry cheesy wink smiley wink cheesy angry sad shocked cool tongue undecided kiss kiss[code][/code][tt][/tt][sup][/sup][td][/td][tr][/tr][url][/url][img][/img][flash=200,200][/flash][b][/b][i][/i][s][/s][pre][/pre][left][/left][right][/right]
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: US Elections 2008 Results: Obama vs Mccain by chika98: 8:09pm On Nov 05, 2008
I just knew it was over when he won Ohio! This is history and I'm glad i was a part of it.
Re: US Elections 2008 Results: Obama vs Mccain by savanaha: 8:11pm On Nov 05, 2008
T@meD0:

Ok now Jesse Jackson! Na h2o plenty 4 ya eyes so? grin

I saw he started crying as soon as the camera came on him. He's a damn hater and crazy too.
Re: US Elections 2008 Results: Obama vs Mccain by savanaha: 8:17pm On Nov 05, 2008
where is negro
where is Ibime
where is kobojunkie
where is savanaha
where is deepzone
where is TayoD
where is Pataki
where is toshmann

It's my time to gloat Tongue Tongue

[size=24pt]Hey hey hey hey. Please don't mention me in the same sentence with Kobojunkieidiot. I thought Obama could not win because Americans could not get over their prejudice and not because he was not qualified. [/size]
Re: US Elections 2008 Results: Obama vs Mccain by toshmann(m): 9:18pm On Nov 05, 2008
@darfur

o'boy na me u slam worst person? grin i no mind being ur enemy but to put me for the same category as kobojunkie na wa o grin

u for try grade ur worst person sef. after all keith oberman de grade him own. some na 3rd, some na 2nd and one go be the original worst person. anyway, i take God beg u, no put me for the same level as kobojunkie abeg. read my posts, i remain a republican at heart, but you will not see anything in my posts that is anti obama the way kobojunkie or tayoD were.

today the republicans lost, fair game, it's not their year. but let's take a minute to give mccain some credit for having some votes in a year when most people will deny even being republican. and more importantly, he gallantly stepped forward and conceeded graciously and even the crowd in chicago were applauding. he turned a new leaf and showed he meant it when he said country first.

republicans are down today, sh-t happens, no thanx to Bush, anyway, they shall rise again.

Grand Old Party, GOP. shall rise again.

when Obama took Ohio, I went to sleep. U cant stop a movt. Obama deserves some praise too

But the winner is the american people, they have done what no nation on this earth can boast of, even us nigerians cant elect a yoruba man born in enugu as governor of enugu state. american people are the heroes today. white americans have displayed their superiority again. the world is watching

______________toshmann cool
Re: US Elections 2008 Results: Obama vs Mccain by ladyerin(f): 9:24pm On Nov 05, 2008
why can't a yoruba man born enugu be the governor of enugu? (I'm still learning about Nigerian politics)
Re: US Elections 2008 Results: Obama vs Mccain by RichyBlacK(m): 11:00pm On Nov 05, 2008
ladyerin:

why can't a yoruba man born enugu be the governor of enugu?  (I'm still learning about Nigerian politics)

Same reason why an Igbo man born in Lagos cannot be governor of Lagos.

Nigerians have been blinded by ethnic sectionalism and primitive tribal sentiments. [size=18pt]On this note, the United States of America is superior to ANY nation on earth![/size]
Re: US Elections 2008 Results: Obama vs Mccain by RichyBlacK(m): 11:02pm On Nov 05, 2008
toshmann:

when Obama took Ohio, I went to sleep. U can't stop a movt. Obama deserves some praise too

But the winner is the american people, they have done what no nation on this earth can boast of, even us nigerians can't elect a yoruba man born in enugu as governor of enugu state. american people are the heroes today. white americans have displayed their superiority again. the world is watching

______________toshmann cool

grin grin

I told you Obama was going to take Ohio but you no gree hear my own!  grin grin grin

Please come to the light! Leave the darkness of Cheney, Bush, Rumsfeld and the rest of the blood-thirsty gang. Obama is the light of America!
Re: US Elections 2008 Results: Obama vs Mccain by Nobody: 11:57pm On Nov 05, 2008
BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The defeated republican candiate at the just concluded US presidential election has gone to an election tribunal court to challenge the victory of Barack Hussein Obama
Re: US Elections 2008 Results: Obama vs Mccain by allboyz(m): 12:21am On Nov 06, 2008
congratulations galore !!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply)

Ask A Russian Guy Anything. / THE 50 Most Powerful Men In The World 2009!!! / Iraq Court Orders Trump Arrest Over Drone Strike On Iran General

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.