Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,727 members, 7,809,774 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

Letter To My Dad On His Birthday - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Letter To My Dad On His Birthday (4733 Views)

Join Siena In Celebrating His Birthday With His Wife And Kids! / My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help / See What My Dad Found In His Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter To My Dad On His Birthday by maxxy: 7:43pm On Aug 20, 2014
Dear Dad,

It’s a joyous day today as we celebrate you, giving thanks unto God for His many mercies and grace, and for upholding you with His right hand.

As I look back to the worthy legacies that you have set, I realize that every time you gave to the needy, every St. Vincent De Paul activity you engaged me in, everytime you placed others before yourself, you laid for me a foundation of selflessness. Everyday the family prayed together in the morning, everyday we read from the daily devotional, you were setting the stage for what would later be my spiritual renaissance.

Need I mention your contribution to what I am today? I may not remember you checking my homework or class scores everyday, I do not remember you guiding my hand to learn to write my first alphabets, but I do remember the lashing I received that day I presented my worst result ever; my SS 1 2nd term result wherein I got 4 Ds. You were having dinner that day I stood before you, trembling while handing over the result, fearing what was to come. You did not cast your mind to the A's I got in the other subjects. You did not congratulate me for at least passing all 12 subjects. It only bothered you that I had 4 Ds. You immediately left your meal, and ordered me inside your room; and my behind received many lashes from that famous belt. You returned to your meal, whIle I went away in tears. Yet that event seared into my heart therefrom that it was not enough to succeed sometimes, to succeed halfway, or to succeed even most of the time, but that I must succeed all the time, all the way. Thus, an academic brilliance was and is evident in all your children, such that in school, our surname soon became the symbol of intelligence.

What more can I say of the many values you instilled in us, of love for God and country, of respect for womanhood, of diligence and honest labour, of contentment, sacrifice and integrity. You did not teach us these things via lectures, rather you lived them. And that is why am proud to call you FATHER, and I promise you that I will not do less with my children.

My greatest desire is that the Lord will yet lengthen your days, and make your strength as that of Caleb, who at 85 testified that he was as strong as when God first called him. And I pray that every mention of your children will bring joy to your heart.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Letter To My Dad On His Birthday by myads890(m): 9:00pm On Aug 20, 2014
Nice one bro. I'm glad you appreciate your father for being there for you. You're really lucky. My dad left me when I was just 3 months old and I don't even know what he looks like. I pray I never become like him and I'm looking forward to the day my own kid will write a letter like this to me.

If your father stayed by your mom to raise you, give him a big hug NOW!
Re: Letter To My Dad On His Birthday by amdman: 9:01pm On Aug 20, 2014
Congratulations to your Dad... he must be very special to have raised such a smart kid wink wink

1 Like

Re: Letter To My Dad On His Birthday by maxxy: 9:13pm On Aug 20, 2014
amdman: Congratulations to your Dad... he must be very special to have raised such a smart kid wink wink

Thank you for your kind words. I figured I did not have to wait until his funeral to let him know that I appreciate who and what he is.
Re: Letter To My Dad On His Birthday by maxxy: 9:16pm On Aug 20, 2014
myads890: Nice one bro. I'm glad you appreciate your father for being there for you. You're really lucky. My dad left me when I was just 3 months old and I don't even know what he looks like. I pray I never become like him and I'm looking forward to the day my own kid will write a letter like this to me.

If your father stayed by your mom to raise you, give him a big hug NOW!

Thank you for sharing. My prayer for you is that you get to meet your dad soon. You guys may not be able to turn back the hands of time, better late than never.
Re: Letter To My Dad On His Birthday by myads890(m): 1:35pm On Aug 29, 2014
I could care less. I'm more focused on being a better father to my kids

maxxy:

Thank you for sharing. My prayer for you is that you get to meet your dad soon. You guys may not be able to turn back the hands of time, better late than never.
Re: Letter To My Dad On His Birthday by Quirekoon: 8:33pm On Dec 01, 2020
You seem to love ya dad.
Re: Letter To My Dad On His Birthday by Chiquitq(f): 10:32am On Dec 02, 2020
Its good to know you have kind words to say about your father. I also have kind words about my father as well but my children hardly remember their father. He has not looked back in 4 years. When he was still in touch, he never gave a fine to them. I sometimes wonder if he doesn't worry about the future at all.he has no other kids except his step kids.
Re: Letter To My Dad On His Birthday by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 02, 2020
I just love this.
Hopefully my kids write such to me.

(1) (Reply)

My Wife Has Never Cooked For Me / What Is So Special About Matrimonial Bed? / My Ex-girlfriend Placed A Curse On Me,should I Be Afraid?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.