Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,609 members, 7,820,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE (17165 Views)

Reasons You Might Not Be Having Light (electricity): To A Layman Understanding / FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide / FG To Take Over Expansion Of Lagos- Badagry Express Way (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by tranxo(m): 8:58am On Aug 22, 2014
.......and then reintroduce it in multiple folds with an increase in tariff? All movement, no motion.
Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by Cute2peg(m): 8:59am On Aug 22, 2014
The Truth Is Electricity has increased so very much in Enugu state...so thumbs up to the Enugu Electricity Distribution Company
Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by bongolistik(m): 9:08am On Aug 22, 2014
complete rubbish. True d ppl at d helm of power affirs have no shame. If I was d one I wunt open my mouth again 2 promise anytin again. I wil jst be workin, anytim d consumers see improvment den dey should com out nd say so. Do meters increase power generation oga? Den y even talk abt meters wen u hav nt generated enough power. Again nd walahi me no undastand again dis privatisation of PHCN again cos each day d whole tin gets more misterious. Nigerians hav failed dier felow Nigerians wholefuly in power sector nd oda sectors as wel. Dey Nigerian leaders ar neva serious. D country is a mess. And my best advis is jst 2 4get abt Nigeria steady power promises nd jst look 4 alternativ source 2 be augmenting wit dier epileptic power, and jst ignore dem 2 keep on deceivin demself, maybe one day, dey wil get tired of fooling demselves. Cos if u folow dier mouth dey mite end up givin u HBP
Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by polarman(m): 9:11am On Aug 22, 2014
adonbilivit. All these lies you are sharing, diaris Godu oooo.

The investment is a life time thing. You would get multiple return of your investment over and over again. Stop lying to us.
Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by bongolistik(m): 9:15am On Aug 22, 2014
Cute2peg: The Truth Is Electricity has increased so very much in Enugu state...so thumbs up to the Enugu Electricity Distribution Company
get lost, u ar a selfish Nigerian, u care only abt ur area so jst vamoose nd alow doz dat hav not seen lite 4 d past weeks and months 2 reel in dier pains
Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by Rexyl(m): 9:22am On Aug 22, 2014
nice decision, hope they do so ASAP.
Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 22, 2014
So KEDC never dey privatized self and we dey enjoy almost 24 hours uninterrupted power supply for barnawa area for kaduna.
Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by 9jatatafo(m): 9:28am On Aug 22, 2014
That man is not specific when the fixed charge will stop. What I am so worried about is this, just because the investors invested huge sums of money, that is enough for us to be ripped off all the name of fixed electricity charges? This is a very dubious means. Simple economics will tell you that power is a long time investment, so it is wrong for the minister of power to encourage the investors to strangle Nigerian electricity consumers all in the name of fixed electricity charges.
Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by zurine(f): 9:36am On Aug 22, 2014
hmm
Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by smartg(m): 9:37am On Aug 22, 2014
pontirock: Wich Fixed Charge Sef,is It D One Dat Dos Pple Ddnt Even Comply Wif,bringin A Charg Of #3272 For Light Of Abt 10 HrsPer Day Instead Of D Normal #580
them give you 10hrs per day, you no thank ur GOD, e bi like say NEPA General Manager dey live for ur compound.
Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by chemali: 9:38am On Aug 22, 2014
Electricity tax introduced by Jonathan admin coupled with the electricity rate rise, Chinese and world bank loans, government bonds, high oil prices and asset sale and still poor light supply. Yet you want to vote PDP? You too like suffering.
Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 22, 2014
Another Will of Jonathan's Govt

We Will
Government TO
Government Will

That's what we have been hearing since February 2010

#A Government of deceit
Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by 4reigningqueen: 9:58am On Aug 22, 2014
ratiken: Fair comment, common sense
power generation and transmission is neither free nor cheap in any functional society. However, they should try and make the power supply uninterrupted.... There has been improvements though.

***yin mu***
Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by Nobody: 10:31am On Aug 22, 2014
FG better hurry up all APC states are cancelling all sorts of charges.. e no easy to play amala politics these days grin grin grin grin
Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by CocoaOla: 10:46am On Aug 22, 2014
In my area one service cable from the transformer cut on the pole putting the whole communities in darkness, I told phcn officials and they said rain is falling, three weeks later I told them that I'm going to send my workers there to do it cus it my field they said no, since then and it almost four months now we didn't see them. And our bill and fixed charges is just accumulating without light

we are still thinking of what to do them
Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by vivaciousvivi(f): 11:04am On Aug 22, 2014
ictmikky: Sounds nice but we might end up still paying it one way or the other. Besides, the statement is conditional

My thoughts exactly. Besides, they may not even acheive the purported capacity in a while and we would just have to keep paying. Moreso, I can bet something else will come up as some kind of new sur charge that will ensure we still pay a similar sum for. undecided

2 Likes

Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by ambitiousAY: 11:50am On Aug 22, 2014
when is going to take place? I want that compulsory charge to be cancel immediately is cheating.
Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by codeworks(m): 12:04pm On Aug 22, 2014
Nigerians will pay more if we have 24hrs light.
Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by xtervaganza(m): 2:35pm On Aug 22, 2014
ictmikky: Sounds nice but we might end up still paying it one way or the other. Besides, the statement is conditional
you're right , but it would be appreciated to have it removed still

Imagine we pay more than 100k for fix charges alone
Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by litetias(m): 4:09pm On Aug 22, 2014
RFella: Here in Airport road, Warri....our light na European own oh...we dey flexx am like say tomorrow nor dey...I no fit south
Light wey dem dey ration 2 days on one day off na im you dey talk say na european abi. Ur head dey shake
Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by RFella(m): 6:17pm On Aug 22, 2014
litetias:
Light wey dem dey ration 2 days on one day off na im you dey talk say na european abi. Ur head dey shake
No oh, we side steady oh
Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by lumeneng22: 9:04pm On Aug 22, 2014
Are you aware of the old NEPA staffs (marketers) still using proxies NEPA11 to distribute bills and read meters? They have been paid millions of naira and so they cannot do such nasty job instead they contract it to touts who collect retainership of N2000 every month from different customers and still come back to settle the idiot who does nothing. Why are disco companies still keeping pregnant men with wobbling legs in their employment sef?
Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by slimfit1(m): 1:39am On Aug 23, 2014
Cute2peg: The Truth Is Electricity has increased so very much in Enugu state...so thumbs up to the Enugu Electricity Distribution Company

Really who can back your statement up ?
Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by vanstanzy(m): 2:37am On Aug 23, 2014
Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by niceeric(m): 6:30pm On Aug 23, 2014
Keneking: Ok ;what is economically sustainable levels? What animal is that? grin
a giraffe lol
Re: FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE by Redstone(m): 9:52pm On Aug 23, 2014
Long overdue. We just pay for services not rendered. What a country.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MMM Members Providing Help To The Needy / Amazing Benefits Of Groundnut Water For Men And Women / 20+ Really Interesting Questions To Ask A Girl You Like

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.