Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. - Education (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. (590555 Views)

JAMB: Share Your Experience / When Is Your Exam Date,time And Name And Score If You Gotten Yours / UNIZIK Post-UME Candidates: What's Your Score? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 07, 2015
Justyce:
I really appreciate this forum and thread because it has been very helpful thanks @op.. my issue is that I shall be writing soonest. therefore I wish a kind hearted person to send me materials.. meanwhile which method of registration is the best. thanks a lot.
my email is justice_Isaac@yahoo.co.uk

http://saifulislamsaaif..com/2014/01/cambridge-practice-tests-for-ielts-1-to.html?m=1

Or 

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-ikaTdt2XnEY3ZmTGNUTzIxbVE&usp=sharing&tid=0B-ikaTdt2XnEXzhWLXJhYWR5OHM

Any of the two should work .it comprises of both Academic and General test all in pdf format plus the audio files for the speaking test and answers too.  
Goodluck with your preparation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by fizzile(m): 1:22am On Sep 08, 2015
chayema:

Lol. Just like how I was so expectant that I had to check online for my result. You could do the same. #winks#
Well mine is not yet out. I wrote on 29th August,so it should be out this weekend. How was yours? Lololzzz.. Share let's know hwfa. How was it like?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 08, 2015
fizzile:
Well mine is not yet out. I wrote on 29th August,so it should be out this weekend. How was yours? Lololzzz.. Share let's know hwfa. How was it like?

7.5 overall. It wasn't a smooth experience especially the reading but I thank God I scaled tru.

2 Likes

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by ceiling(m): 11:58am On Sep 08, 2015
@chayema how did u went about it. we need a real world scenario
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by fizzile(m): 4:12pm On Sep 08, 2015
Ok let me give u a real life experience of mine. The speaking test took place on the 28th while the writing,listening and reading test held the next day which was the 29th of August. For the speaking test,I arrived by 1pm cos my speaking test was for 3pm. So I went to the venue and waited for the british council staffs. They came and greeted us,gave us some information then they check our confirmation letters. At about 30mins they called us into d mini hall,then we took our biometrics one after the other. I was called in to go into d room to have d speaking test but before I entered I signed on the biometric reader den I entered d room. In d room I met the agent,and the first thing I said was "may I sit down please"? He asked me to sit down. Then speaking test started. He asked me to introduce myself which I did then asked me where iam from. This was my response: "my name is dickson Okoro and iam from arochukwu in abia state. Abia state is a state in the eastern part of Nigeria"..so we got talking then he said he will give me a topic to talk about for 2mins. I was given 1min to think about the topic then used 2mins to talk about it. The topic I was asked to talk about was a Restaurant I visit regularly. I den jotted some tnz like d name,where its located,why I visit d place regularly and some other points. After speaking for 2mins,they man asked other questions which I responded. The speaking test lasted for 15mins. The next day I went there by 7am cos the letter stated we should come before 8am. The hall was already arranged and all the tables had headphones which we used for d listening test. Wen it was 8am,we were searched then the only thing we went in with was just our passport and writing materials,no fone,no wristwatch. We started with the listening test which lasted for 30mins,then after the listening test,we were given the reading test which lasted for 1hour and finally was the writing test. The exam is one that everyone can pass. But u need to practice over and over and over. What I did was I went to www.tubidy.com then I typed ielts speaking test and I downloaded some videos on the speaking test to know how it will look like. I also type ielts listening test and downloaded videos on the ielts test. That's how I studied for the speaking and listening test. Believe me if u study well and get use to the test,u will find it very easy. I hope this writeup has helped u guys. One more thing,in the writing test,please make sure u spend more time on the essay aspect cos it carries more mark than the letter writing. God bless and success to u all. *i will share my result with you guys when I get it*

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by ceiling(m): 6:43pm On Sep 08, 2015
thanks for this info. we r grateful
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by kaka22(m): 10:52pm On Sep 08, 2015
ceiling:
@chayema
how did u went about it. we need a real world scenario
Correction: How did you go about it?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 11:18pm On Sep 08, 2015
ceiling:
@chayema
how did u went about it. we need a real world scenario

Fizzile has given you the best description of everything you need to know about ielts. Intensive study and practice does it. Don't forget to backup your efforts with prayers. As in pray like your success depends on prayer alone and read like your success depends on reading alone

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Atigba: 9:19am On Sep 09, 2015
fizzile:
Ok let me give u a real life experience of mine. The speaking test took place on the 28th while the writing,listening and reading test held the next day which was the 29th of August. For the speaking test,I arrived by 1pm cos my speaking test was for 3pm. So I went to the venue and waited for the british council staffs. They came and greeted us,gave us some information then they check our confirmation letters. At about 30mins they called us into d mini hall,then we took our biometrics one after the other. I was called in to go into d room to have d speaking test but before I entered I signed on the biometric reader den I entered d room. In d room I met the agent,and the first thing I said was "may I sit down please"? He asked me to sit down. Then speaking test started. He asked me to introduce myself which I did then asked me where iam from. This was my response: "my name is dickson Okoro and iam from arochukwu in abia state. Abia state is a state in the eastern part of Nigeria"..so we got talking then he said he will give me a topic to talk about for 2mins. I was given 1min to think about the topic then used 2mins to talk about it. The topic I was asked to talk about was a Restaurant I visit regularly. I den jotted some tnz like d name,where its located,why I visit d place regularly and some other points. After speaking for 2mins,they man asked other questions which I responded. The speaking test lasted for 15mins. The next day I went there by 7am cos the letter stated we should come before 8am. The hall was already arranged and all the tables had headphones which we used for d listening test. Wen it was 8am,we were searched then the only thing we went in with was just our passport and writing materials,no fone,no wristwatch. We started with the listening test which lasted for 30mins,then after the listening test,we were given the reading test which lasted for 1hour and finally was the writing test. The exam is one that everyone can pass. But u need to practice over and over and over. What I did was I went to www.tubidy.com then I typed ielts speaking test and I downloaded some videos on the speaking test to know how it will look like. I also type ielts listening test and downloaded videos on the ielts test. That's how I studied for the speaking and listening test. Believe me if u study well and get use to the test,u will find it very easy. I hope this writeup has helped u guys. One more thing,in the writing test,please make sure u spend more time on the essay aspect cos it carries more mark than the letter writing. God bless and success to u all. *i will share my result with you guys when I get it*
Your task 1 writing test was it graph or diagram?

Cuz I hate diagrams am preparing for graphs

My test date is 8 October benin city

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 09, 2015
Atigba:

Your task 1 writing test was it graph or diagram?

Cuz I hate diagrams am preparing for graphs

My test date is 8 October benin city

Depends. From his narration, it's clear the IELTS test he wrote is GENERAL TEST where task1 and task 2 are letter writing and essay respectively. But if it's ACADEMIC TEST, be sure to do a report writing on graph or chat interpretations in more than 150 words, less than 180 words. Believe me it's way easier than you think so stop hating and face it but don't spend too much time on it as he said, instead prepare a lot for task 2 more. Goodluck come October 8

3 Likes

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by noordyn: 10:10am On Sep 09, 2015
this is cool, nice one from you thanks a lot
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by fizzile(m): 12:43am On Sep 11, 2015
Few hours from now and result will be out. Am tensed ooo. God help me when the result is out
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by candykenni: 5:00am On Sep 11, 2015
Good day house, noticed IELTS result of Aug 29 is out on this portal. https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/CheckResults.aspx
Please what should i use as the candidate and identification document number? i typed in my exam candidate number and passport number but it showed me no result.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by fizzile(m): 5:38am On Sep 11, 2015
candykenni:
Good day house, noticed IELTS result of Aug 29 is out on this portal. https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/CheckResults.aspx
Please what should i use as the candidate and identification document number? i typed in my exam candidate number and passport number but it showed me no result.
Am experiencing the same thing. Let's give them sometime den see what next. Let's give them till the end of today.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 6:03am On Sep 11, 2015
candykenni:

Identification number is the number on your international passport.
Candidate number is the exam number you were given in the exam hall and told to memorise. I think it's too early to check for ur results. Why not wait till evening or on a better side tomorrow?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 6:04am On Sep 11, 2015
fizzile:
Few hours from now and result will be out. Am tensed ooo. God help me when the result is out

Goodluck MR.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by dsauce: 1:27pm On Sep 11, 2015
Mezzy11:
Good Evening everyone. Please have anyone written IELTS exam in Enugu state center. Please let the person kindly share his/her experience as I am seriously considering using this as my center.

Thanks (Please I am mostly interested in the audio facilities. How well it works, to avoid shenghan excuses smiley)

had mine at the enugu centre on August 29, d venue was nike lake resort, abapka nike. D exam was well conducted and d environment is so serene with full AC. Each candidate was given a wireless headset for the listening test and a digital clock was placed in the front for tine keeping. Infact i really commended d conduct of the exam.
I hope they won't change d venue,because d usual venue is teachers house at otigba junction as indicated on IELTS website.

2 Likes

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by fizzile(m): 1:55pm On Sep 11, 2015
dsauce:

had mine at the enugu centre on August 29, d venue was nike lake resort, abapka nike. D exam was well conducted and d environment is so serene with full AC. Each candidate was given a wireless headset for the listening test and a digital clock was placed in the front for tine keeping. Infact i really commended d conduct of the exam.
I hope they won't change d venue,because d usual venue is teachers house at otigba junction as indicated on IELTS website.
Bro have u been able to check your result? Been finding it difficult checking
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by dsauce: 2:05pm On Sep 11, 2015
fizzile:
Bro have u been able to check your result? Been finding it difficult checking

bro av not even made any attempt to check. Am not that apprehensive so i don't give myself High BP lolz. I will check mine as soon as u guys confirm that it is released
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by dotmons: 2:46pm On Sep 11, 2015
Same here. Result yet to be out. Can't wait guys......

Click here for ur bulk sms app on android phone.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dotmons.smssender
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by chibyksveejay(m): 2:55pm On Sep 11, 2015
plz guys. I need ample information abt Dis examination. is it lyk a scholarship exam? wat qualifications do I need? anyone DAT wishes to educate me more on it should plz drop WhatsApp contact or email. thanks in anticipation.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by dsauce: 3:40pm On Sep 11, 2015
chibyksveejay:
plz guys. I need ample information abt Dis examination. is it lyk a scholarship exam? wat qualifications do I need? anyone DAT wishes to educate me more on it should plz drop WhatsApp contact or email. thanks in anticipation.

don't be lazy bro, GOOGLE is ur frd, u will get all info dat u need.Anyway in a simple explanation, the exam is just for ppl who intend to live or study abroad. It's just an English language test.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by chibyksveejay(m): 4:31pm On Sep 11, 2015
dsauce:

don't be lazy bro, GOOGLE is ur frd, u will get all info dat u need.Anyway in a simple explanation, the exam is just for ppl who intend to live or study abroad. It's just an English language test.
yea! aww. thanks a lot. I juz feel lyk chatting with sum1 DAT has written d exam.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Shinor(m): 5:11pm On Sep 11, 2015
This is the same exam a lot of Embassies are asking for regarding relocation Particularly the Canadian High Commission

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by fizzile(m): 5:18pm On Sep 11, 2015
RESULT IS OUT ooooo.. Am not comfortable with mine. Didn't expect this Listening: 7.5 Reading: 6.0 Writing: 6.5 Speaking: 6.5 Overall: 6.5

2 Likes

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by dotmons: 5:34pm On Sep 11, 2015
Not a bad result, though that depends on what you need it for. Am yet to view my result.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by dsauce: 7:58pm On Sep 11, 2015
I just checked my result now ALHAMDULILAI ROBIL ALAMIN
LISTENING 6.5 READING. 6.0 WRITING. 6.0 SPEAKING. 6.5
[b]I just checked my result now ALHAMDULILAI ROBIL ALAMIN
[/b]I just checked my result now ALHAMDULILAI ROBIL ALAMIN
OVERALL 6.5

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by dsauce: 8:01pm On Sep 11, 2015
just checked my result now ALHAMDULILAI ROBIL ALAMIN
LISTENING 6.5
READING. 6.0
WRITING. 6.0
SPEAKING.6.5
OVERALL 6.5
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by fizzile(m): 10:27pm On Sep 11, 2015
dotmons:
Not a bad result, though that depends on what you need it for. Am yet to view my result.
I want to use it for Immigration purpose. I heard they count based on points. I have a postgraduate degree. Will the 6.5 be ok for immigration purpose?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Giov: 12:34am On Sep 12, 2015
Please those of you who wrote the exams recentlt like the month of August can u kindly share your experiences. Did the materials and videos u got online prove helpful? How were the questions? you can brief us on latest innovations in the exams. hoping to hear from you guys.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 6:18am On Sep 12, 2015
fizzile:
I want to use it for Immigration purpose. I heard they count based on points. I have a postgraduate degree. Will the 6.5 be ok for immigration purpose?

And you think your ielts score is the only factor that boost your points well? Dude you have a score most people that wrote the Academic section would be dying to have. Where your points matter a lot are your age, working experience and Educational background. Language proficiency doesn't even take as much points as others do. Congratulations on passing.

2 Likes

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by fizzile(m): 8:46am On Sep 12, 2015
chayema:

And you think your ielts score is the only factor that boost your points well? Dude you have a score most people that wrote the Academic section would be dying to have. Where your points matter a lot are your age, working experience and Educational background. Language proficiency doesn't even take as much points as others do. Congratulations on passing.
Really? Will need u to guide me a little bit. So right now,what's the next step to take to apply for immigration? The person who is trying to help me was telling me to hit nothing less than 8.0 dats why I've been a little bit worried since I saw my result. What step should I take right now? Will appreciate your reply.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (159) (Reply)

2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.