Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,416 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. - Education (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. (592789 Views)

JAMB: Share Your Experience / When Is Your Exam Date,time And Name And Score If You Gotten Yours / UNIZIK Post-UME Candidates: What's Your Score? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by SomebodyLovesMe: 6:27pm On Nov 16, 2015
leo1234:

What of those out side Lagos state?

If you wish to pay via bank draft, you could have it dropped off at any British Council office. There is one in most major cities. You could also have someone drop it off for you - the person should take along a copy of the ID you registered with.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by leo1234(m): 7:49pm On Nov 16, 2015
SomebodyLovesMe:

If you wish to pay via bank draft, you could have it dropped off at any British Council office. There is one in most major cities. You could also have someone drop it off for you - the person should take along a copy of the ID you registered with.
Its not my wish to pay through bank draft just that the online payment was not successful. I was informed I can only submit draft in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt and Kano.
Please do you know anybody who had submitted draft in any state outside these four States?

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by leo1234(m): 7:53pm On Nov 16, 2015
learned0007:

From their website, they seem to have offices only in Lagos, Abuja, Kano and PH.

As a result, I think you can only take your bank draft to any of these offices (although, personally I have not heard of anyone do it outside Lagos).

Since you are based out of Lagos, you can contact someone in Lagos to buy the bank draft and take to British Council office on your behalf, maybe with other docs such as photocopy of your passport datapage. (You do not have to make the payment yourself).

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by doctor90210: 12:57pm On Nov 19, 2015
leo1234:

What did you discover doctor?
Please help a colleague.
I discovered my score is enough to write the PRES (The qualifying medical exams in Ireland). Ireland is also O.K for doctors that want to leave in that, they have more doctor shortage than the U.K, you can do more overtime work, meaning more pay, than the U.K & you can even become a citizen in just 3 years If you travel there with their green card as opposed to just ordinary Irish work permit.

Note: Irish greencard is like a work permit they give to foreigners who are going there to start a job that pays @ least €60k or Jobs on the the Highly Skilled Eligible Occupation list e.g Medical docs, Dentists, Nurses.

With the Green card, you can become a citizen in three years, but if you're going in with work permit, it'll take 5 years upwards.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by leo1234(m): 1:02pm On Nov 19, 2015
doctor90210:
I discovered my score is enough to write the PRES (The qualifying medical exams in Ireland). Ireland is also O.K for doctors that want to leave in that, they have more doctor shortage than the U.K, you can do more overtime work, meaning more pay, than the U.K & you can even become a citizen in just 3 years If you travel there with their green card as opposed to just ordinary Irish work permit.

Note: Irish greencard is like a work permit they give to foreigners who are going there to start a job that pays @ least €60k or Jobs on the the Highly Skilled Eligible Occupation list e.g Medical docs, Dentists, Nurses.

With the Green card, you can become a citizen in three years, but if you're going in with work permit, it'll take 5 years upwards.

Thanks for this information.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by doctor90210: 1:13pm On Nov 19, 2015
leo1234:

Thanks for this information.
ywc
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 19, 2015
doctor90210:

But how does someone get the work permit / green card?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by theoophilic: 5:18pm On Nov 19, 2015
Anybody that took his or her test in Ibadan here? I want to know if there will be Bluetooth headphone for the listening test. Please.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by greenbackboogie(m): 9:48pm On Nov 19, 2015
theoophilic:
Anybody that took his or her test in Ibadan here? I want to know if there will be Bluetooth headphone for the listening test. Please.

Yes there was. And it was loud and clear.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by theoophilic: 8:08am On Nov 20, 2015
greenbackboogie:

Yes there was. And it was loud and clear.

Very good o. Thanks. An individual headphone will really be of help. Central speakers for the hall won't be very effective... Am taking the test at Ibadan by d 5th of December.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by doctor90210: 1:06pm On Nov 20, 2015
Fortissimo:

But how does someone get the work permit / green card?
After passing PRES 1-3, you start applying for jobs online or through an agency. There are lots of jobs by the way (Senior House Officers post a.k.a non-Consultant Hospital Doctors). Interviews may be via Skype for some jobs, while for others, you may have to go there. When you get a job, your employer sends you a letter stating your employment type, duration of contract and income which you take to Irish embassy in Abuja to apply for your greencard.

Sometimes, the employer applies on your behalf.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by greenbackboogie(m): 3:03pm On Nov 20, 2015
theoophilic:

Very good o. Thanks. An individual headphone will really be of help. Central speakers for the hall won't be very effective... Am taking the test at Ibadan by d 5th of December.
Mauve 24 is a cool centre. Organised, enough space,enough light and airy room, the bluetooth headsets were perfect. Before the listening starts you would be given time to adjust the volume and position of the headset. The invigilators help u keep track of time every 20mins to avoid u sleeping too long on a particular section. U can't have them to blame for anything. Just go prepared and ontime so u won't be tensed.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by ofime123(m): 7:52pm On Nov 20, 2015
theoophilic:

am also taking the test too on the 5th of December what are you using to practise?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by leo1234(m): 8:35am On Nov 23, 2015
doctor90210:
After passing PRES 1-3, you start applying for jobs online or through an agency. There are lots of jobs by the way (Senior House Officers post a.k.a non-Consultant Hospital Doctors). Interviews may be via Skype for some jobs, while for others, you may have to go there. When you get a job, your employer sends you a letter stating your employment type, duration of contract and income which you take to Irish embassy in Abuja to apply for your greencard.

Sometimes, the employer applies on your behalf.

Can these exams(PRES) be take in nigeria?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by ceiling(m): 1:30pm On Nov 24, 2015
Very urgent
Please house am hot waters oooo
I registered the exams today in Ghana n chose pay later in order to pay by draft but the branch of the bank in my locality has closed down. Wat do I do
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by leo1234(m): 9:39am On Nov 25, 2015
ceiling:
Very urgent
Please house am hot waters oooo
I registered the exams today in Ghana n chose pay later in order to pay by draft but the branch of the bank in my locality has closed down. Wat do I do

You can use any bank.
Any body can even even do it for you. The important thing is to submit the draft to british council.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by ceiling(m): 5:48pm On Nov 28, 2015
Thank you ooo, but do u know what? I paid it n the following morning I got a mail that my registration has been cancelled. N the money too has been paid so I don't know what to do now pals.

Will I be refunded? If yes what must I do. Thank you
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by leo1234(m): 4:43am On Dec 01, 2015
ceiling:
Thank you ooo, but do u know what? I paid it n the following morning I got a mail that my registration has been cancelled. N the money too has been paid so I don't know what to do now pals.
Will I be refunded? If yes what must I do. Thank you

Book another date and use the draft for it.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by lusen(m): 7:44am On Dec 02, 2015
hello house. my exam is on Saturday (dec 5). bt was surprised when I opened my email yesterday and found out that my speaking wz scheduled to hold last Saturday. in other words, I av missed d speaking part already. Im going to British council today to complain. can I be rescheduled for another speaking test? I'm scared.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 8:23am On Dec 02, 2015
lusen:
hello house. my exam is on Saturday (dec 5). bt was surprised when I opened my email yesterday and found out that my speaking wz scheduled to hold last Saturday. in other words, I av missed d speaking part already. Im going to British council today to complain. can I be rescheduled for another speaking test? I'm scared.

Contact them asap.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 02, 2015
Pls how can I make the bank draft.what will I say at the bank.pls someone help
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 02, 2015
marxydans:
Pls how can I make the bank draft.what will I say at the bank.pls someone help

Just go to your bank nd tell them you need to do bank draft ddressed to BRITISH COUNCIL
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 02, 2015
Soyedele1:

Just go to your bank nd tell them you need to do bank draft ddressed to BRITISH COUNCIL

Thnks a lot
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by ofime123(m): 4:01pm On Dec 03, 2015
lusen:
how come they sent me an email and text message how come u didn't receive the text even if u don't have an instant email message I believe it can be reschedule because its stated on the message
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Ema2nty: 1:03pm On Dec 04, 2015
Hello guys, has anyone here who wrote the IELTS test in lagos on the 21st of Nov in Lagos (National Theatre) received his/her result or been able to check online?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by cyrielo(m): 1:05pm On Dec 04, 2015
No result found that's what it says
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Ema2nty: 1:27pm On Dec 04, 2015
cyrielo:
No result found that's what it says
I got d same msg wen I tried to check online. @cyrielo have u received ur hardcopy result?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by cyrielo(m): 2:24pm On Dec 04, 2015
Nope, no text message or email received yet
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by godsboy4eva: 8:47pm On Dec 04, 2015
Wrote at NT on November 21st and got my result online today.
Listening -7.5
Reading -7
Writing -7
Speaking -7
Overall band -7.0

3 Likes

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Ema2nty: 10:02pm On Dec 04, 2015
godsboy4eva:
Wrote at NT on November 21st and got my result online today.
Listening -7.5
Reading -7
Writing -7
Speaking -7
Overall band -7.0
Congrats @godsboy4ever. I wrote at NT too on 21st of Nov. I just checked mine now.
Listening 7.0
Reading 8.5
Writing 7.0
Speaking 7.0
Overall band 7.5

2 Likes

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by ochosteve: 1:22am On Dec 05, 2015
hello house
i wrote on 21st november in abuja and my results are as follows:

reading 8.5
listening 8.5
writing 6.5
speaking 6.5
overall: 7.5

i tried checking it again online and was told 'no result found'
i will go to their office to collect my hard copy result

3 Likes

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by theoophilic: 4:40pm On Dec 05, 2015
Not really feeling good. I didn't do my writing task 1 well... I did task 2 first, did it well but didn't v enough time left to do justice to task 1..... Hope I can stil make d point my school needs so

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (159) (Reply)

2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.