Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,432 members, 7,815,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. - Education (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. (590307 Views)

JAMB: Share Your Experience / When Is Your Exam Date,time And Name And Score If You Gotten Yours / UNIZIK Post-UME Candidates: What's Your Score? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by barth1987: 1:36pm On Apr 04, 2016
please this was my scorr on my last ielts test and I needed it for a scholarship but I don't know if I can be accepted with this score for a postgraduate course...your candid opinion plzzzzzzzzx
Listening 5.5
Reading 7.0
Writing 6.0
Speaking 7.5
Overall 6.5
Thank u so much
Though I have sent this score to the scholarship board already since they demanded for an English proficiency score
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 1:46pm On Apr 04, 2016
barth1987:
please this was my scorr on my last ielts test and I needed it for a scholarship but I don't know if I can be accepted with this score for a postgraduate course...your candid opinion plzzzzzzzzx
Listening 5.5
Reading 7.0
Writing 6.0
Speaking 7.5
Overall 6.5
Thank u so much
Though I have sent this score to the scholarship board already since they demanded for an English proficiency score
Hmmm. Conduct an extensive research of schools across the UK, m sure you'l find a match.

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by barth1987: 1:50pm On Apr 04, 2016
bro @ aeotex...the board said no band lea than 6.0 and overall band score 6.5....so if they can short list me then I might need to write another test.....what do u think bro.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 04, 2016
barth1987:
bro @ aeotex...the board said no band lea than 6.0 and overall band score 6.5....so if they can short list me then I might need to write another test.....what do u think bro.
Sure, if your pocket is deep. Otherwise, I'd advice you wait till you are shortlisted.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by barth1987: 1:59pm On Apr 04, 2016
areteox:
Sure, if your pocket is deep. Otherwise, I'd advice you wait till you are shortlisted.

thanx a lot
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by DawnEden(m): 2:20pm On Apr 04, 2016
barth1987:
Listening 5.5
Reading 7.0
Writing 6.0
Speaking 7.5
Overall 6.5
Thank u so much
It's a good score. If u dnt mind me asking, what is the name of the scholarship u applying for?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by barth1987: 5:28pm On Apr 04, 2016
DawnEden:

It's a good score. If u dnt mind me asking, what is the name of the scholarship u applying for?

Daad German scholarship

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by iphie25(f): 5:08pm On Apr 05, 2016
@Justwise pls I've been unable to post on the Canada thread for some hours now.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by itslordmoh: 11:03pm On Apr 05, 2016
You can send me a private message if you want a private tutor for IELTS in Owerri
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 6:18pm On Apr 11, 2016
Hello house,

Please how will like to know how fast one can be ready for IELTS and the cost of the exam.

Please I also need preparation materials.

Thanks.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Emasel(m): 7:16pm On Apr 11, 2016
djpope:
I just checked my result online and To God be the Glory I had overall band of 8.0.

Please which material did you use to prepare, I'll be taking IELTS soon and need materials.

Thanks.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Keji74: 9:02pm On Apr 11, 2016
elnino2015:
Hello house,

Please how will like to know how fast one can be ready for IELTS and the cost of the exam.

Please I also need preparation materials.

Thanks.
the time of preparation depends on you, two weeks should be enough if you're good with English.
#52,0000
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 4:33am On Apr 13, 2016
Keji74:

the time of preparation depends on you, two weeks should be enough if you're good with English.
#52,0000

pls tell me the payment process
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Keji74: 5:36am On Apr 13, 2016
5555K:

After you've registered online, you go to the bank and raise a bankdraft in favour of british council, then take the draft to british council where they will confirm the payment for you
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Solitin40: 10:59am On Apr 13, 2016
5555K:

This tutorial is for peaople that want to register for IELTS exam outside Lagos(ife,ekiti,ilorin,osogbo,offa,ibadan,benin,etc.) dnt get it trwisted what am saying is that if you are not living in lagos where BC office is located and you want to write d exam outside lagos this little piece is for you(how to register and pay for the exam)

1.Go to https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/nigeria
find the suitable and available date,city and the module you want to write and then Apply
when u want to apply please be careful to read it over again like 4times esp ur fone no,email,passport no,address,ur name same as the passport name.

2.PAYMENT
In my own case i went for the offline but if u having been using ur debit card(mastercard,visacard,verse) for transantion online u can go for online but if u having difficulties with the online d other payment mode is offline(bank draft).
check ur email, you will be sent a mail about your registration (reference no will be sent to you) copy d no nd also STAR d mail for easy location. now payment....
How to get a bank draft is going to any NATIONWIDE banks(gtb,diamond,wema,first,zenith,etc)PLEASE DONT USE MICROFINANCE BANK OO
go to d bank draft section of d bank tell d cashier you need a bank draft infavour of british council.It is now #52000 may sure u have lyk 53000 naira in your acct for there own charges in my own case gtb charged me #500 pèré making 52500 but u knw bank differs

3.SENDING
This stage is how to send ur draft to Britich Council.
Go to any NIPOST office wth EMS sign post (ems is lyk nipost dhl,ups) make sure u ve ur international Passport photocopy with u make sure d passport is clear and also d name .At d post office tell dem u want to send a register letter to 20,Thompson Avenue,Ikoyi,lagos ( u will see the address when you log in with ur email nd d reference no)in my own case frm OAU CAMPUS TO IKOYI cost me #1575 just me dem #1600 bcuz dey cant ve change u knw naija now In d evelope make sure u put ur draft and d photocopy seal it nd make sure u pray inside u dat dis tin get there fast and save hahaha dnt worry joor registered mail is save.The post men will guide u how to address please ask them ooo 53k no be small money o.This will take dem 2 to 4dayz in my own case i sent on tuesday and i saw my confiramation mail on Monday (datz 3dayz) as per monday to friday working dayz .May sure u chck ur mail often ooo esp d SPAM section becuz i was nt sent any sms but my friend was sent so ur mail is very important

AFTER CONFIRAMATION THE NEXT STAGE IS PREPARTION WHICH I WILL TALK ABOUT LATER BUT LET ME GIVE U DIS TIPS
YOUTUBE TIBUDY IELTSBUDDY GOODLUCKIELTS DCIELTS ACEIELTS IELTS-MENTOR IELTSESSENTIAL IPASSIELTS TESTBIG ALL IN .COM AND ALSO DONT FORGET TO CHCK DOS LINK SOME PPLE DROPPED THEY ARE ALL HELPFUL
I WILL POST SOME PICTURES FOR PPLE TO SEE HOW SOME OF DIS TINS LUK LIKE

BYE FOR NOW.DNT MIND MY TYPO ERRORS OO

SHOLZ

6 Likes

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 12:17pm On Apr 13, 2016
Keji74:

After you've registered online, you go to the bank and raise a bankdraft in favour of british council, then take the draft to british council where they will confirm the payment for you

Pls I live in Port Harcourt. Can I go to British council in Port Harcourt to do the payment or Lagos? I want to write in Port Harcourt
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by mamajaz(f): 5:32am On Apr 14, 2016
Solitin40:

This tutorial is for peaople that want to register for IELTS exam outside Lagos(ife,ekiti,ilorin,osogbo,offa,ibadan,benin,etc.) dnt get it trwisted what am saying is that if you are not living in lagos where BC office is located and you want to write d exam outside lagos this little piece is for you(how to register and pay for the exam)

1.Go to https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/nigeria
find the suitable and available date,city and the module you want to write and then Apply
when u want to apply please be careful to read it over again like 4times esp ur fone no,email,passport no,address,ur name same as the passport name.

2.PAYMENT
In my own case i went for the offline but if u having been using ur debit card(mastercard,visacard,verse) for transantion online u can go for online but if u having difficulties with the online d other payment mode is offline(bank draft).
check ur email, you will be sent a mail about your registration (reference no will be sent to you) copy d no nd also STAR d mail for easy location. now payment....
How to get a bank draft is going to any NATIONWIDE banks(gtb,diamond,wema,first,zenith,etc)PLEASE DONT USE MICROFINANCE BANK OO
go to d bank draft section of d bank tell d cashier you need a bank draft infavour of british council.It is now #52000 may sure u have lyk 53000 naira in your acct for there own charges in my own case gtb charged me #500 pèré making 52500 but u knw bank differs

3.SENDING
This stage is how to send ur draft to Britich Council.
Go to any NIPOST office wth EMS sign post (ems is lyk nipost dhl,ups) make sure u ve ur international Passport photocopy with u make sure d passport is clear and also d name .At d post office tell dem u want to send a register letter to 20,Thompson Avenue,Ikoyi,lagos ( u will see the address when you log in with ur email nd d reference no)in my own case frm OAU CAMPUS TO IKOYI cost me #1575 just me dem #1600 bcuz dey cant ve change u knw naija now In d evelope make sure u put ur draft and d photocopy seal it nd make sure u pray inside u dat dis tin get there fast and save hahaha dnt worry joor registered mail is save.The post men will guide u how to address please ask them ooo 53k no be small money o.This will take dem 2 to 4dayz in my own case i sent on tuesday and i saw my confiramation mail on Monday (datz 3dayz) as per monday to friday working dayz .May sure u chck ur mail often ooo esp d SPAM section becuz i was nt sent any sms but my friend was sent so ur mail is very important

AFTER CONFIRAMATION THE NEXT STAGE IS PREPARTION WHICH I WILL TALK ABOUT LATER BUT LET ME GIVE U DIS TIPS
YOUTUBE TIBUDY IELTSBUDDY GOODLUCKIELTS DCIELTS ACEIELTS IELTS-MENTOR IELTSESSENTIAL IPASSIELTS TESTBIG ALL IN .COM AND ALSO DONT FORGET TO CHCK DOS LINK SOME PPLE DROPPED THEY ARE ALL HELPFUL
I WILL POST SOME PICTURES FOR PPLE TO SEE HOW SOME OF DIS TINS LUK LIKE

BYE FOR NOW.DNT MIND MY TYPO ERRORS OO

SHOLZ
Sure man! God bless you fah!

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by iphie25(f): 9:02pm On Apr 15, 2016
5555K:

Pls I live in Port Harcourt. Can I go to British council in Port Harcourt to do the payment or Lagos? I want to write in Port Harcourt

Yes it can be done in Ph.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 2:26am On Apr 16, 2016
Please about the IELTS payment, my cousin is taking the exam in Abuja on d 7th of May, she lives in Ibadan but couldn't find space. She sent her bank draft to British Council Lagos since it's closer but her contact center is Abuja. Is this okay? Me I got Ibadan for April 30th.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 16, 2016
Good morning house,

Please guide me. My exam is in 3wks and i need to jack up my performance on writing and reading skills (especially Reading). Please tell me EXACTLY what i need to do/materials i need to use and if possible the no of hours you think i need to put in daily to get the best scores, my target is 8.5 in both Reading and Writing.Thank you all for the good job you are doing here. BTW, i am preparing for the General Training exam. Also, are the Cambridge practice questions for Academic or GT, i am finding the Cambridge Reading questions very CHALLENGING and is my 3wks timeline unreasonable? PLEASE HELP A SOUL. Thanks y'all
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Solitin40: 10:09pm On Apr 16, 2016
Curlie:
Good morning house,

Please guide me. My exam is in 3wks and i need to jack up my performance on writing and reading skills (especially Reading). Please tell me EXACTLY what i need to do/materials i need to use and if possible the no of hours you think i need to put in daily to get the best scores, my target is 8.5 in both Reading and Writing.Thank you all for the good job you are doing here. BTW, i am preparing for the General Training exam. Also, are the Cambridge practice questions for Academic or GT, i am finding the Cambridge Reading questions very CHALLENGING and is my 3wks timeline unreasonable? PLEASE HELP A SOUL. Thanks y'all
Hey we can't tell you how to read different people with different mode of reading so that is out about the 8.5 the listening is still the simplest followed by reading or speaking and then writing I will advise to try and pratise the listening,reading and speaking because it is very easy to pass then well about the writing is just about techniques pratise and watch YouTube videos too note try the writing about maps because students always try the bar,pie and about the materials check the previous post the link to download the materials is their I feel like helping you send me a mail to solitin40@gmail.com I will send u materials best of luck
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Solitin40: 10:15pm On Apr 16, 2016
Curlie:
Good morning house,

Hey your question is not clear I will advise you to rephrase it so that we can find an answer to u
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Hunkygee: 12:01am On Apr 17, 2016
Dear N'Landers

Just checked my scores.

Listening 9.0
Reading 8.5
Writing 7.0
Speaking 8.0

Overall 8.5

I prepared with the following

https://courses.edx.org/courses/course-v1:UQx+IELTSx+3T2015/info
www.ieltsliz.com

You can also find lots of helpful tutorials, sample essays, etc on youtube.com

Thanks, and all the best.

6 Likes

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by lsorunke: 6:38am On Apr 17, 2016
Dear all, i wrote my TOEFL exam (9th April, 2016) last week saturday. When is it likely for the result to be release
Thanks!
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Solitin40: 6:55am On Apr 17, 2016
lsorunke:
Dear all, i wrote my TOEFL exam (9th April, 2016) last week saturday. When is it likely for the result to be release
Thanks!
This place is for IELTS not TOEFL
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Solitin40: 6:56am On Apr 17, 2016
Hunkygee:
Dear N'Landers

Just checked my scores.

Listening 9.0
Reading 8.5
Writing 7.0
Speaking 8.0

Overall 8.5

I prepared with the following

https://courses.edx.org/courses/course-v1:UQx+IELTSx+3T2015/info
www.ieltsliz.com

You can also find lots of helpful tutorials, sample essays, etc on youtube.com

Thanks, and all the best.

Congrats
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by primeson1(m): 8:30am On Apr 17, 2016
My result

L 7.5
R 7
W 7. 5
S 6.5

Overall 7

Not what I expected, what should I do people.

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Keji74: 1:57pm On Apr 17, 2016
primeson1:
My result

L 7.5
R 7
W 7. 5
S 6.5

Overall 7

Not what I expected, what should I do people.
If you can afford it, you can request for are-mark
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 6:54pm On Apr 17, 2016
Hello house!

Below is my result. It's meant for immigration but it's not good enough I think...

Listening - 8.5
Reading - 6.5
Writing - 7.5
Speaking - 7.0
Overall - 7.5

Please has anyone ever requested for a remark in Reading and gotten any positive feedback? Kindly advise!!!
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by segun4christ: 8:09am On Apr 18, 2016
Good morning to you all, please i intend going for MSC program on scholarship (full) in the US or Canada. I graduated with 5.1 CGPA ( university of Ibadan) Statistics..What are my chances like? Any link (procedure) to help me out will be highly appreciated.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by kennl: 2:50pm On Apr 18, 2016
Listening - 9.0
Reading - 8.0
Writing - 7.0
Speaking - 8.0
------------------------
Overall - 8.0

First sitting. Thank God. Just 2weeks practice. God, RoadToIELTS, IELTSbuddy.

3 Likes

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Keji74: 6:04pm On Apr 18, 2016
segun4christ:
Good morning to you all, please i intend going for
MSC program on scholarship (full) in the US or
Canada. I graduated with 5.1 CGPA ( university of
Ibadan) Statistics..What are my
chances like? Any link (procedure) to help me out
will be highly appreciated.
Yoga, I think u will receive better help from US or Canada thread. This thread is for IELTS

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (159) (Reply)

2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.