Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School (49685 Views)

Funny Ways Kids Are Taught In Schools(share Your Experience) / 16 Errors That Are Still Taught In Nigerian Schools Today / Lies You Were Told About The University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Estellar: 10:04am On Aug 21, 2014
Abatemtem: I think the other senses he's referring to should be controlled by the brain
And the others aren't controlled by the brain??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by UnimkeAk(m): 10:05am On Aug 21, 2014
There werent lies back then.
Jst that
Futher research with new data either validates or proves a theory wrong.

1 Like

Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by nwaobitex: 10:06am On Aug 21, 2014
akpanikpe:
If I hear! U want claim Jesus be dat abi? shocked
lol wink
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Abatemtem(m): 10:06am On Aug 21, 2014
Estellar: And the others aren't controlled by the brain??
I dunno hw 2 xplain it 4 u 2 understand
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Segadem(m): 10:06am On Aug 21, 2014
Wisdom is knowing what to do at the right time, you can do it right all the time.

1 Like

Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Ohislee(m): 10:08am On Aug 21, 2014
Yeah we were told back those days, that there are three basic necessities of life, which include food shelter and clothing. That's a lie angry

But now that I am older, I know we have four basic necessities of life, which is food, shelter, clothing, and sex cheesy wink

4 Likes

Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 21, 2014
This isthe zenith of boredom
kennygee:

Pray tell, What is the reason behind this unnecessary Mentions?
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by cirmuell(m): 10:09am On Aug 21, 2014
Guykhena:
Not in 9ja schools......
thank you
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by pussygotlips: 10:09am On Aug 21, 2014
kennygee:

Hey wHy quoting it again

1 Like

Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Idrismusty97(m): 10:09am On Aug 21, 2014
kennygee:

And you quoted everything hence giving me another unnecessary mention.

1 Like

Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by cirmuell(m): 10:10am On Aug 21, 2014
Segadem: Wisdom is knowing what to do at the right time, you can do it right all the time.
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by femi4: 10:10am On Aug 21, 2014
1-2 is impossible

1/0 is impossible

1 Like

Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by coolheed: 10:12am On Aug 21, 2014
We were also told in primary school that removing 9 from 5 was impossible.
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Nerosoft19(m): 10:13am On Aug 21, 2014
the biggest lie i heard bak in schl ''weed is an unwanted plant''

3 Likes

Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by rattlesnake(m): 10:14am On Aug 21, 2014
Tell us what we don't know...like

Gari and mango can kill
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Tikitaka(m): 10:14am On Aug 21, 2014
If u pick money 4 ground u go turn 2 tortoise.
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by generalissimo(m): 10:15am On Aug 21, 2014
@OP, nice one! However, I have a piece of advice for any Nigerian student in the house. Pls, it is gabbage-in-gannage-out situation as involved our curriculum, dont try to be smarter than ur Teachers or Lecturers or else u can issue urself the certificate. Remember, a typical Nigerian Tutor doesnt like to be questioned....Gbam!!!!

2 Likes

Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Abatemtem(m): 10:15am On Aug 21, 2014
kennygee:

Walai!#in omawunmi's voice#If u assk meeee,na who I go ask?#winks
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Yinkagbo(m): 10:17am On Aug 21, 2014
10---we are leaders of tomorrow....

1 Like

Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by pilarnig(m): 10:18am On Aug 21, 2014
amiskurie: if you quit school,you will remain poor and irrelevant

Tell that to bill gate,Mc olu-omo(oshodi) and pasumer

that one na big lie
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Missy89(f): 10:20am On Aug 21, 2014
Ceasar1: Lol, White lies. These here are the real lies.

- Your teacher is smarter than you.
Really, how come he's teaching only one subject. grin

-Bullies will have a terrible life after school.
Abegi, I'm a living testimony. grin

- You can be anything you want!
Lmao! judge yourself. grin

Sounds like you are proud to have been a bully
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by rigarmortis: 10:22am On Aug 21, 2014
as you grow, you learn new things

primary one
1 minus 5 = impossible

JSS 1
1 minus 5 = -4

MARKET PLACE
1 naira minus 5 naira = jail + beating

part one (philosophy and logic 101 for all undergraduates)

1-4 =........it all depends, is the "1" digit real or imaginary, can you really say life is real?......the result depends on whether you believe in realism, idealism or existentialism, it also depends on whether you believe in metaphysics of believe in God or otherwise, eg the bible says cast you bread into the open sea and you will get it back, that defies logic, but its a clear case of casting one bread into the sea and hoping to get 5, however to the atheist this is simply impossible because...................................

3 Likes

Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 21, 2014
Missy89:
Sounds like you are proud to be a bully.

I know your history, now kindly skip me by. smiley
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by iamsegsy(m): 10:23am On Aug 21, 2014
Yinkagbo: 10---we are leaders of tomorrow....
grin since those useless potbellied men refused to die, I don't think we are in anyway leaders of d future
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Missy89(f): 10:24am On Aug 21, 2014
Ceasar1:

I know your history, now kindly skip me by. smiley

I dont understand.

What History?
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by graciousolo(m): 10:26am On Aug 21, 2014
kennygee:

ok I see you. What else?
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by stevSKY(m): 10:26am On Aug 21, 2014
It makes no difference......................

The matter which my teacher failed to teach me, was that all you listed above had nothing to add to my life, to being a Multi billionaire!!!! Except for the diamond, which ?i dint even understand what you said about its formation, but ?i paid attention to that aspect cause its DIAMOND!!! :-)

2 Likes

Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:29am On Aug 21, 2014
Idrismusty97: 10.They are only 9 planets
Biggest lie in century! Just take a look at our secondary school physics and geography textbooks. At that age we should be staring at the Galaxies and stars through a telescope but no be for 9ja o!....The Milky Way Galaxy contains at least one planet per star, resulting in 100-400 billion planets.

Abeg they are only three state of matter joor! Have you ever touch a Bose, plasma or whatever before grin. Have you seen it with your two unclad eyes?

No! When someone claims you envolve from a monkey tell him he is right! He and his family envolve from monkeys.
seconded

1 Like

Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by ayusco85(m): 10:29am On Aug 21, 2014
kennygee:

One reason, JOBLESSNESS
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by GodsDivinefavor(f): 10:30am On Aug 21, 2014
School goes beyond...maths and english.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Governor Akeredolu Rehabilitates OAUSTECH Abandoned For 8 Years (Photos) / Photos Of Nigerian Law School In Port Harcourt Built By Rivers State Government. / What To Take To University As A Fresher.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.