Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,676 members, 7,837,502 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Building Of A Twin Two-bedroom Bungalow In Ajah (self-help) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building Of A Twin Two-bedroom Bungalow In Ajah (self-help) (2326 Views)

Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja / Construction Of A Twin Two Bedroom Bungalow. / Twin Two Bed Apartment For Sale At Lambe Akute (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Building Of A Twin Two-bedroom Bungalow In Ajah (self-help) by deking(m): 2:42pm On Aug 21, 2014
Hello All,

From the lessons learnt from the amiable experts here Prof Spyder, Brabus, Segzy Moore, Muyesky, Chekitaut and a host of many others, I have decided to share again some ideas from my little project (since the first thread was lost to the catastrophic data loss on Nairaland).

I must say a big thank you to our ever ubiquitous Hajj, for his encouragement and most importantly for making the property section on Nairaland an interesting place to be.

To prospective builders, a journey of a thousand miles starts with a step. I have been making notes from various building threads since 2011 and only started my project March last year. The property section has A-to-Z information on building a home. While this is not to encourage selfies, it surely will act as a guide in negotiating various aspects of the project.

Also I believe that various contributions from experts here will assist in no small measure to provide more insights into some of the things that would be shared.
Re: Building Of A Twin Two-bedroom Bungalow In Ajah (self-help) by deking(m): 2:58pm On Aug 21, 2014
The site has poor water retention capacity and during raining season could get waterlogged as it is not too far from the ocean.

The plan was to use an abridged raft foundation for the bungalow. Abridged in the sense that, some elements of raft foundation will be used but the foundation will not be a complete raft foundation.

Watch out for pictures and cost updates.

Some pix showing arrival of goods for the foundation.

Re: Building Of A Twin Two-bedroom Bungalow In Ajah (self-help) by Jarchi(m): 3:46pm On Aug 21, 2014
Well done
Next pls
Re: Building Of A Twin Two-bedroom Bungalow In Ajah (self-help) by FastShipping: 4:05pm On Aug 21, 2014
Safeguard your investment by letting qualified engineers build your home for you. The texture of your land/soil should be a concern for you.

Please, involve the experts and avoid going alone.

God bless.
Re: Building Of A Twin Two-bedroom Bungalow In Ajah (self-help) by mufutau55(m): 4:39pm On Aug 21, 2014
Happy to see you back Deking.. And I am glad you will bring back your interesting thread about this project.
Sorry for having to start again after the devastation of "Hackers Disaster' on Nairaland that wiped away your original postings.
Many people were learning from your thread and this again will be helpful to others. Thank you.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building Of A Twin Two-bedroom Bungalow In Ajah (self-help) by passe(m): 5:13pm On Aug 21, 2014
Subscribing........The good Lord who commenced this project shall complete it IJN,Amen. Best wishes.
Re: Building Of A Twin Two-bedroom Bungalow In Ajah (self-help) by deking(m): 9:14am On Aug 22, 2014
passe: Subscribing........The good Lord who commenced this project shall complete it IJN,Amen. Best wishes.

Amen and Amen.

Thank you Hajji.

Pix 1
And so more materials arrived courtesy Chekitaut.

Pix 2-3
We cleared the topmost soil until the most stable soil level was reached for the casting of the concrete.

Pix 4.

We began the preliminary work for the form work. The plan was to use two boards of cast concrete and then top-up the foundation with another two coaches using 9 inch blocks since this was just a bungalow. This combo would effectively reduce the cost, achieve the desired stability and height above the road level. Although my builder said with this and the number of pillars planned for the building, the building could be raised to another floor without issues, I declined the plan because;

1. I didn't want to take any risk.
2. The cost of building the raised floor was beyond what I had in scope for the duration I planned to complete the project.

Re: Building Of A Twin Two-bedroom Bungalow In Ajah (self-help) by donbuchi1(m): 9:51am On Aug 22, 2014
logged on
Re: Building Of A Twin Two-bedroom Bungalow In Ajah (self-help) by kopell: 12:11pm On Aug 22, 2014
Welcome back, if I may ask was this the same project befor Nairaland was hacked or another project completely.
Re: Building Of A Twin Two-bedroom Bungalow In Ajah (self-help) by mufutau55(m): 12:19pm On Aug 22, 2014
kopell: Welcome back, if I may ask was this the same project befor Nairaland was hacked or another project completely.

Same project as before... I urged him, just like I did to other useful thread, to repost all the info before the :Hackers Disaster" so other people can continue to learn from the project.
Thank you.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building Of A Twin Two-bedroom Bungalow In Ajah (self-help) by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 22, 2014
oga mufutua55, i never knew you were a moderator here,i just saw that today.
Re: Building Of A Twin Two-bedroom Bungalow In Ajah (self-help) by mufutau55(m): 12:21pm On Aug 22, 2014
segzy14: oga mufutua55, i never knew you were a moderator here,i just saw that today.

Yes Sir. I tried to keep it hush-hush, so things can keep moving steadily in the forum instead of people thinking there is a police or watch-dog monitoring them.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building Of A Twin Two-bedroom Bungalow In Ajah (self-help) by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 22, 2014
mufutau55:

Yes Sir. I tried to keep it hush-hush, so things can keep moving steadily in the forum instead of people thinking there is a police or watch-dog monitoring them.

Hajji Mufutau

lol, now we know sir
Re: Building Of A Twin Two-bedroom Bungalow In Ajah (self-help) by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 22, 2014
mufutau55:

Hajji Mufutau

respect sir and ten gbosa for you
Re: Building Of A Twin Two-bedroom Bungalow In Ajah (self-help) by mufutau55(m): 12:25pm On Aug 22, 2014
segzy14:
respect sir and ten gbosa for you

Thank you Sir.. But I am still a participating contributors and learner as ever.

Hajji M.
Re: Building Of A Twin Two-bedroom Bungalow In Ajah (self-help) by kopell: 1:21pm On Aug 22, 2014
Thank you@hajj, pls speed up the process in your office Oooo, so the money can get to us ASAP lol.
Re: Building Of A Twin Two-bedroom Bungalow In Ajah (self-help) by mufutau55(m): 1:29pm On Aug 22, 2014
kopell: Thank you@hajj, pls speed up the process in your office Oooo, so the money can get to us ASAP lol.

Oh Yes... part payment should be coming in the first pay of October and the second half in second pay of October; not in September anymore for the approved Unions. Very disappointing, YES. If the other Ogas-at-the-Top here can be sympathetic with poor people like I do, things would have happened faster. But it's gonna come somehow... and we can also invest that in our various projects in Nigeria.

Hajji M.
Re: Building Of A Twin Two-bedroom Bungalow In Ajah (self-help) by kopell: 1:32pm On Aug 22, 2014
Thank you my brother Naija need those money so bad.
Re: Building Of A Twin Two-bedroom Bungalow In Ajah (self-help) by deking(m): 3:25pm On Aug 22, 2014
Many thanks Hajji.

Meanwhile more pictures of the foundation work.

Re: Building Of A Twin Two-bedroom Bungalow In Ajah (self-help) by deking(m): 3:29pm On Aug 22, 2014
Yet even more.

Re: Building Of A Twin Two-bedroom Bungalow In Ajah (self-help) by twinskenny(m): 3:51pm On Aug 22, 2014
mufutau55:

Hajji Mufutau

Lol Boss

I am still expecting my letter of award ooo

Ride on sir
Re: Building Of A Twin Two-bedroom Bungalow In Ajah (self-help) by twinskenny(m): 3:54pm On Aug 22, 2014
deking: Hello All,

Having learnt alot from the amiable experts here Prof Spyder, Brabus, Segzy Moore, Muyesky, Chekitaut and a host of many others, I have decided to share again some ideas from my little project (having lost the first thread to the catastrophic data loss on Nairaland).

I must say a big thank you to our ever ubiquitous Hajj, for his encouragement and most importantly for making the property section on Nairaland an interesting place to be.

To prospective builders, a journey of a thousand miles starts with a step. I have been making notes from various building threads since 2011 and only started my project March last year. The property section has A-to-Z information on building a home. While this is not to encourage selfies, it surely will act as a guide in negotiating various aspects of the project.

Also I believe that various contributions from experts here will assist in no small measure to provide more insights into some of the things that would be shared.

weldone sir... great job you are doing here...

can we offer these services to help with your project? we can do the pipe work for the services as well...

CCTV

SATELLITE TV

VIDEO SECURITY DOOR BELL

DATA AND VOICE...

Thank you
Twinskenny
Re: Building Of A Twin Two-bedroom Bungalow In Ajah (self-help) by mufutau55(m): 4:15pm On Aug 22, 2014
twinskenny:
Lol Boss
I am still expecting my letter of award ooo
Ride on sir

Oga Twins Kenny, you know I am always in your corner.

Hajji M.
Re: Building Of A Twin Two-bedroom Bungalow In Ajah (self-help) by deking(m): 2:52pm On Aug 25, 2014
@Twinskenny

Will surely contact you when I require your services.

After the fermentation of the cast we removed the boards and below are pictures of what the foundation looked like.

Re: Building Of A Twin Two-bedroom Bungalow In Ajah (self-help) by deking(m): 3:38pm On Aug 25, 2014
Cost Update for Phase 1.[size=12pt][/size]

1. 72 Pieces of 1X12X12 wood @ 920 each ======66240
2. 50 Pieces of 2X3X12 wood @ 320 each =======18500
3. 30 Pieces of 1X12X12 wood @ 850 each =======25500
4. Transportation of wood =======2000
5. 62 pieces of 10mm iron rod =======62500
6. 25 pieces of 12mm iron rod =======33602
7. 62 pieces of 8 mm iron rod =======8500
8. 1 roll binding wire =======5500
9. 20 tons sharp sand ========45000
10. 20 tons granite ========95000
11. 36 bags of cement@1700 ========61200
12. Transportation of cement ========2600
13. Nails for Form work ========3000
14. Labour Carpenter ========12000
15. Labour Iron Bender ========17000
16. Labour for Bricklayers/operators ========31000
17. Cost of Renting of mixer ========10000
18. Supervision ========10000
19. Digging of Foundation ========6000
20. Misc Charges ========10000
21. Entertainment of Omonile ===========3000
22. Removing of form work wood ===========5000

Total cost of Phase 1 ===========N533,140

1 Like

Re: Building Of A Twin Two-bedroom Bungalow In Ajah (self-help) by utijerry: 7:11pm On Sep 08, 2014
good evening sir, i love what you have started may GOD grant you the grace to finish it, keep up the good work
Re: Building Of A Twin Two-bedroom Bungalow In Ajah (self-help) by utijerry: 11:51am On Sep 10, 2014
sir,
can you pls mail me, am interested in renting or buying your used wood Pieces of 1X12X12 wood
and Pieces of 2X3X12 wood
Re: Building Of A Twin Two-bedroom Bungalow In Ajah (self-help) by teddyblueu: 2:45pm On Sep 10, 2014
More grease to ur elbow #following#

(1) (Reply)

Building Project Design And Cost Estimation Processes Breakdown / Remodeling A Bar And Restaurant into A Hotel In Victoria Island, Lagos / Shops And Office Spaces For Rent On East-west Road, Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.