Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,140 members, 7,821,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

419: 30m Us Dollars From Citibank With Fake Doc. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 419: 30m Us Dollars From Citibank With Fake Doc. (1204 Views)

I Predicted That Buhari's China Deals Will Drop The US Dollars / Buhari Borrows 2.1 Billion Dollars From World Bank To Rebuild North East / PHOTOS: 10 Billion US Dollars- A Case For The Hidden PwC Audit Report. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

419: 30m Us Dollars From Citibank With Fake Doc. by kinharold(m): 10:24am On Oct 23, 2008
So we still have Naija boys @ this high level of freud. They should give us a break pls. I thought this guys are already cleaning up. May God help us in naija.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20081023/wl_asia_afp/skoreanigeriaethiopiauscitibankbankingcrime_081023081344[b][/b]
Re: 419: 30m Us Dollars From Citibank With Fake Doc. by landis(m): 11:38am On Oct 23, 2008
Now this is a an interesting 419.

How can citibank not differentiate between fake and original documents?

How can they transfer 30mil without conclusive confirmation from Ethiopian Central Bank?

what is Ethiopian money doing in Citibank when her people are dying of Hunger?
Re: 419: 30m Us Dollars From Citibank With Fake Doc. by lucabrasi(m): 11:45am On Oct 23, 2008
landis:

How can they transfer 30mil without conclusive confirmation from Ethiopian Central Bank?

exactly!
Re: 419: 30m Us Dollars From Citibank With Fake Doc. by OBVIOUS(m): 2:40pm On Oct 23, 2008
Landis raises good points.

I suggest more training for the bank executives.
Re: 419: 30m Us Dollars From Citibank With Fake Doc. by Godalone(m): 3:38pm On Oct 23, 2008
landis:

You are right.
Re: 419: 30m Us Dollars From Citibank With Fake Doc. by Fhemmmy: 5:26pm On Oct 23, 2008
hahahahahahahaha
Guys dont go blaming the banking officials at all, our guys are too good with fake docs, i remember when i was looking for some stuff to be exported out of Nigeria and some guys sent me some fake export license, but thank God i know people in the govt that helped me to authenticate it, i would have lose some money too.
So trust me, when our guys put it together, they are too good to be detected.
Just hope that one day, they will stop, so as not to spoil Nija too much oh.
Re: 419: 30m Us Dollars From Citibank With Fake Doc. by Godalone(m): 5:58pm On Oct 23, 2008
Fhemmmy:

hahahahahahahaha
Guys don't go blaming the banking officials at all, our guys are too good with fake docs, i remember when i was looking for some stuff to be exported out of Nigeria and some guys sent me some fake export license, but thank God i know people in the govt that helped me to authenticate it, i would have lose some money too.
So trust me, when our guys put it together, they are too good to be detected.
Just hope that one day, they will stop, so as not to spoil Nija too much oh.
Good talk.
Re: 419: 30m Us Dollars From Citibank With Fake Doc. by texazzpete(m): 6:38pm On Oct 23, 2008
Yet again Nigerians come up when it's a matter o fraud. Yet some people wonder why we are despised in so many countries around the world.
Funny how all the harsh words so far are directed at the victims of the crime. SO far i haven't seen any anger towards the scammers that make honest people like you and i to be pariahs in some countries.
Re: 419: 30m Us Dollars From Citibank With Fake Doc. by Fhemmmy: 8:26pm On Oct 23, 2008
It is really sad, cos no matter where you go now, Nigerians are termed as 419ers
A Nigerian driving a nice ride, is automatically seen as a bad guy.
A Nigerian applying or working in a bank is automatically looked at as someone that steals and doing fraud.
Just hard to be a Nigerian man sha.
But God will safe us sha.
grin grin grin
Re: 419: 30m Us Dollars From Citibank With Fake Doc. by Ndipe(m): 8:28pm On Oct 23, 2008
Na wao!
Re: 419: 30m Us Dollars From Citibank With Fake Doc. by blackspade(m): 8:37pm On Oct 23, 2008
Horrible news, I just can't wait until this sort of news becomes less frequent, it's really making all of us look as we can't be trusted.

On another note, I wonder how much money they gathered before they got caught? You think there's more out there pulling this same type of fraud, but haven't yet been detected?
Re: 419: 30m Us Dollars From Citibank With Fake Doc. by Fhemmmy: 8:50pm On Oct 23, 2008
blackspade:

Horrible news, I just can't wait until this sort of news becomes less frequent, it's really making all of us look as we can't be trusted.

On another note, I wonder how much money they gathered before they got caught? You think there's more out there pulling this same type of fraud, but haven't yet been detected?

I am so sure there millions + 1 more out there that are yet to be caught, cos for pple to still be falling for the "double your money with chemical" scheme, that tells me that people just dont learn and they will never learn.
Re: 419: 30m Us Dollars From Citibank With Fake Doc. by ikeyman00(m): 9:17pm On Oct 23, 2008
listening but never say
Re: 419: 30m Us Dollars From Citibank With Fake Doc. by landis(m): 9:29am On Oct 24, 2008
texazzpete:

Yet again Nigerians come up when it's a matter o fraud. Yet some people wonder why we are despised in so many countries around the world.
Funny how all the harsh words so far are directed at the victims of the crime. SO far i haven't seen any anger towards the scammers that make honest people like you and i to be pariahs in some countries.

yes. they are guilty!

They should be punished.

And if I am Chairmain of Ethioipian Bank, I would withdraw my money and put it in Nigeria.

How can someone send you letter to transfer $30million and you dont ask questions?

This is not N30.
Re: 419: 30m Us Dollars From Citibank With Fake Doc. by shotster50(m): 9:32pm On Oct 25, 2008
wow what can i say I think the Korean guys are still naive to the Fake cheque scam thats why they fell for it.

(1) (Reply)

Massob Knock Gov. Obi On The Head / How Hausa And Igbo Work Very Well Together / Mend Must Be Assimilated Into The Nigerian Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.