Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,184 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum (5789 Views)

El-Rufai Arrives Bauchi In A Jet For Progressives Govs Forum..photos / Amaechi Gives Terms For Quitting As Govs’ Forum Chairman / Govs. Forum: Fashola Requests Suit withdrawal Against Jang (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by obiajuru01: 9:21am On Aug 22, 2014
The chairman, Northern States Governors’ Forum and governor of Niger State, Dr Mu’azu Babangida Aliyu has said that the region is not a parasite on other parts of the country.

He made the clarification in Minna yesterday when he received ‘The Peace and Development Award’ bestowed on him by the popular Zumunta Zabi Sonka Social Association in recognition of the governor’s peace and development initiatives in the country.

He said the North is made up of hard working and serious minded people who have contributed and are still contributing their quota to national development. “We should reject the claim by some people that the North is a parasite in Nigeria; the North has shown capability to make the difference in the country before and after independence”.

He challenged the people of the region to be more industrious by creating opportunities for employment and economic development of the states and the region.

On the insurgency that has hampered the economic growth of some parts of the North, Governor Aliyu said no one should accommodate members of the Boko Haram group who are in the forefront of the crisis rocking the region, adding that shielding the sect members will be un-Islamic and a betrayal of the nation.

“Don’t pity Boko Haram; anything they do will affect everyone not minding religion or tribe’; ‘No one prays for another civil war; anyone that wants to cause it should be ostracized,” he declared, adding that the North as a whole should unite against insurgency because “what is happening in the north was never thought would happen”. www.leadership.ng/news/381675/northern-nigeria-parasite-northern-govs-forum
Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by abdul4new(m): 9:36am On Aug 22, 2014
Then what is it............?

2 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 22, 2014
The North is not only parasitic, but in insisting that everyone else must slow down to develop at its pace it is about to destroy its host.

13 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by PointB: 10:57am On Aug 22, 2014
Northern Nigeria has the potential to feed the rest of the country, but at the moment, the rest of the country is feeding the North (at least financially). Alot of people can decide to call such dependency - parasitism. They could be right!

12 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by PointB: 10:59am On Aug 22, 2014
On the insurgency that has hampered the economic growth of some parts of the North, Governor Aliyu said no one should accommodate members of the Boko Haram group who are in the forefront of the crisis rocking the region, adding that shielding the sect members will be un-Islamic and a betrayal of the nation.

I hope the people listen to this though; it's a sure way of reducing, and defeating terror.

D O N ' T H A R B O U R T E R R O R I S T S !

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by ibedun: 11:07am On Aug 22, 2014
What about those who cant stay in their territory? Whos land cannot provide for them and are unwanted refugees forming Nigerian more than other tribes.

They are far more parasitic and the Parasites in Nigeria has been revealed to be the IGBOs.

They actually dont produce anything, buying and selling of substandard imports is not development or high commerce.

Oil is not Igbo in origin. The Igbos dont produce anything - please educate me if i am wrong and I have not insulted anybody.

6 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by comos: 12:24pm On Aug 22, 2014
abdul4new: Then what is it............?
pest

3 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by obiajuru01: 12:28pm On Aug 22, 2014
ibedun: What about those who cant stay in their territory? Whos land cannot provide for them and are unwanted refugees forming Nigerian more than other tribes.

They are far more parasitic and the Parasites in Nigeria has been revealed to be the IGBOs.

They actually dont produce anything, buying and selling of substandard imports is not development or high commerce.

Oil is not Igbo in origin. The Igbos dont produce anything - please educate me if i am wrong and I have not insulted anybody.
hmmm, what do nigeria produce? let's start from there

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by Douglasdale(m): 12:41pm On Aug 22, 2014
ibedun: What about those who cant stay in their territory? Whos land cannot provide for them and are unwanted refugees forming Nigerian more than other tribes.

The Igbos do not produce anything abi....
But they are busy buying up your lands
They are busy feeding your people and paying taxes to your govt.
They are building industries and conglomerates.
They are gurus in their fields and captains of industries.
They are not PARASITIES and they don't wait for handouts from govt before developing their societies.
They single handedly fought you lots including your foreign masters.

Guy try get sense small. And stop disgracing your people.

31 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by meforyou1(m): 12:42pm On Aug 22, 2014
what does the north produce? nothing. even the groundnut they used to produce, they dont anymore

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by meforyou1(m): 12:45pm On Aug 22, 2014

the igbos dont produce anything? as in, are you serious? if there is any tribe that is self-sufficient in this country today, it is the igbo nation. there's oil in abia, imo and anambra states. and our greatest asset is our human resources. afterall, what does yoruba produce?

6 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by yorke1: 12:50pm On Aug 22, 2014
Look at how this man is lying.
Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by ibedun: 2:02pm On Aug 22, 2014
Douglasdale:
The Igbos do not produce anything abi....
But they are busy buying up your lands
They are busy feeding your people and paying taxes to your govt.
They are building industries and conglomerates.
They are gurus in their fields and captains of industries.
They are not PARASITIES and they don't wait for handouts from govt before developing their societies.
They single handedly fought you lots including your foreign masters.
Guy try get sense small. And stop disgracing your people.

Keep deceiving yourself. The simple question was what do the Igbos produce?

Why are the Igbos all over the place and their land cannot sustain them? Why is everyone running away from Igbo land.

Everywhere you go the love peddlers are Igbos, that is the first sign of deprevation and societal collapse - when vast number of women from a particular location are engaed in body selling.

5 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by slimfit1(m): 2:16pm On Aug 22, 2014
They are worst than a parasite hausa people no offence, at least we know that a parasite has no resources to work with that is why it is the way it is. I look at the north full of resources that needs to be tapped and not tapped at all. Land mass wide not used at all in places where jobs and all sorts are needed no everybody are waiting for federal allocation.

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by size38: 2:19pm On Aug 22, 2014
To me the Igbos are more of a parasites than the Hausas in Nigeria. The hausas have plenty of resources untapped unlike the Igbos who always jump and reply on the resources of the South- south to count themselves in every mention of the Hausas being parasites. because most Igbos i see and meet every day still display that pre- civil war mentality when the now south south region were sharing the same region with them. The south -south people have gone past the level which the Igbos are still thinking and living in. Therefore, they should get that straight into their heads.

3 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by WilyWily: 2:56pm On Aug 22, 2014
Northerner have more useless people that other region, some times I see co north like sub human, too many poor and disease infected people, baggars everywhere, ooohh God have mercy on them. tell if that is not a Curse.

4 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by kernel504(m): 2:57pm On Aug 22, 2014
As far as am concerned, our common emeny is the North, not Igbos against the Yorubas... Igbos have never fought Yorubas vice versa.
North has fought visually against all the tribes physically or against their economic interest.

Imagine what played out in Confab, the North alone was busy fighting to reduce Niger Delta resource control.

4 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 22, 2014
ibedun:

Why are the Igbos all over the place and their land cannot sustain them? Why is everyone running away from Igbo land.

Everywhere you go the love peddlers are Igbos, that is the first sign of deprevation and societal collapse - when vast number of women from a particular location are engaed in body selling.

Igbos produce cars, Igbos are in to manufacturing, igbos are into trade and commerce, Two Igbos states are part of the oil producing states, Anambra waiting to join soon, may I ask you a question what is the meaning of ASHAWO and what language is that? Your women are so cheap to get that's why peter okoye's wife had to give birth to two kids so that she could tie the young man down, your women derive joy in getting pregnant to tie a man down for marriage, Can you imagine your tribes women gave TUFACE five kids without marriage free of charge. TUFACE being a guy man dumped them for ANNIE. YOUR WOMEN ARE SO CHEAP,GIVING FREE OSHO since 200bc

15 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by IGBOSON1: 3:09pm On Aug 22, 2014
size38: To me the Igbos are more of a parasites than the Hausas in Nigeria. The hausas have plenty of resources untapped unlike the Igbos who always jump and reply on the resources of the South- south to count themselves in every mention of the Hausas being parasites. because most Igbos i see and meet every day still display that pre- civil war mentality when the now south south region were sharing the same region with them. The south -south people have gone past the level which the Igbos are still thinking and living in. Therefore, they should get that straight into their heads.

^^^Where are you from? Let's compare what your place contributes to the national coffers with that from Alaigbo!

Douche bag!

6 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 22, 2014
He who comes to equity must come with clean hand. I don't derive joy saying ill against an ethnic group but whoever that says ill against my ethnic group will get it times ten.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by kernel504(m): 3:32pm On Aug 22, 2014
DikeOha882: He who comes to equity must come with clean hand. I don't derive joy saying ill against an ethnic group but whoever that says ill against my ethnic group will get it times ten.

Dike !!!

2 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by cjrane: 3:36pm On Aug 22, 2014
[size=15pt]The scientific definition of a Parasite![/size]
A parasite is an organism that lives in another organism, called the host, and often harms it. It is dependent on its host for survival - it has to be in the host to live, grow and multiply. A parasite cannot live independently. Although a parasite rarely kills the host, in some cases it can happen. The parasite benefits at the expense of the host - the parasite uses the host to gain strength, and the host loses some strength as a result.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention, 2014.

Even though the statement above was made in reference to parasitic diseases and organisms, it sounded as though it was referring to northern Nigeria's relationship with the rest of the country. So how else can northern Nigeria truly define their relationship with the rest of the country than just sucking others dry under the false pretenses that we are all one? grin

4 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 22, 2014
kernel504:

Dike !!!
Nwanne m, I feel unhappy when I see useless fellows attacking Ndi Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by ibedun: 3:46pm On Aug 22, 2014
cjrane: [size=15pt]The scientific definition of a Parasite![/size]
A parasite is an organism that lives in another organism, called the host, and often harms it. It is dependent on its host for survival - it has to be in the host to live, grow and multiply. A parasite cannot live independently. Although a parasite rarely kills the host, in some cases it can happen. The parasite benefits at the expense of the host - the parasite uses the host to gain strength, and the host loses some strength as a result.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention, 2014.
Even though the statement above was made in reference to parasitic diseases and organisms, it sounded as though it was referring to northern Nigeria's relationship with the rest of the country. So how else can northern Nigeria truly define their relationship with the rest of the country than just sucking others dry under the false pretenses that we are all one? grin

The trouble is the same is now playing out in Yoruba Land.

Because of our mumu kindness and carelessness, not-to-be-seen-to-be-mean,carefree and inadvertent accommodation and unwarranted sharing attitude, we have brought in our adversary into our mainland.

Like it or not the Yorubas now have to prepare for war (and it wont be a fight with the Jihadists up north - Shame on our parent's generation)

2 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by kernel504(m): 3:48pm On Aug 22, 2014
DikeOha882: Nwanne m, I feel unhappy when I see useless fellows attacking Ndi Igbo.

Most of these attacks are born-out of envy, look when you are doing well, expect it.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 22, 2014
kernel504:

Most of these attacks are born-out of envy, look when you are doing well, expect it.
I know quite well, they are just unsettled because of our enterprise.

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by kernel504(m): 3:54pm On Aug 22, 2014
ibedun:

The trouble is the same is now playing out in Yoruba Land.

Because of our mumu kindness and carelessness, not-to-be-seen-to-be-mean,carefree and inadvertent accommodation and unwarranted sharing attitude, we have brought in our adversary into our mainland.

Like it or not the Yorubas now have to prepare for war (and it wont be a fight with the Jihadists up north - Shame on our parent's generation)

Stop causing your parent's generation, hard work is what sustains a people, not feelings (Emotions), get to work, simply.

11 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by felifeli: 3:59pm On Aug 22, 2014
Don't tell us , show us. sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by kernel504(m): 3:59pm On Aug 22, 2014
DikeOha882: I know quite well, they are just unsettled because our enterprise.

If you can't beat a people, you simply rant. China is feared and respected because of their enterpricing achievements... So the Igbos.

8 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by Douglasdale(m): 4:16pm On Aug 22, 2014
ibedun:

Ogbeni stop showing your ignorance and allowing people see the illiteracy embedded into your DNA.
How you asked who the Labourers in the entire south east are? Who are those that sell Herball medicine on the streets of owerri? And who are those that claim to show people. How to make easy money?

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lost In Nigeria- By Accraman / Photos: Poor Turn Out At President Jonathan's Campaign Rally In Borno / See What Nigerian Soldiers Were Seen Doing During A Journey. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.