Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,857 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum (5780 Views)

El-Rufai Arrives Bauchi In A Jet For Progressives Govs Forum..photos / Amaechi Gives Terms For Quitting As Govs’ Forum Chairman / Govs. Forum: Fashola Requests Suit withdrawal Against Jang (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by Ovamboland(m): 10:02am On Aug 26, 2014
I understand why there is so much hate,there are so many reasons but as people of 21st century,we should learn to move forward. That's why I believe we all attended a school. If a tribe is doing well, observe their ways and copy that which is good,don't hate them . Mind you we (Hausa,Yoruba,Ibo) all have our strengths and weaknesses. If we have to dig a deep trench now, i doubt if a Yoruba or Ibo will be counted, it will be hausa, The Ibo traders I know will leave 20naira for you if you don't have change, Hausa will do it too but instead, Yoruba will not sell,they will simply say(mio ni change)the yorubas are very hospitable, they accommodate anybody and should you be in danger, they will warn you because they believe (if we dey fight no be to die) no other tribe has this. We all have our strengths and we should leverage on it. Let's ditch this hatred, it's not good for us or our future. I am Yoruba and am very conversant with all the regions. I observe a lot and pick the good and ditch the bad. Nobody is perfect and no region can be. Let's celebrate our strength and admit our weaknesses and move on to a better Nigeria. Sincerely, I prefer the regional style of government but if our constitution says One Federal State, so be it. If you don't like the fact that Ibo's are buying up lagos land, work hard and buy yours(FYI they stand by one another and pull resources together), don't hate them please.I used to have an Ibo Chemist that I buy stuff from, I made understand that I know the fake drugs and pointed it out to him each time he tried selling it to me with time he understood me,when I ask him for panadol, he will bring the GSK original, I spoke to him extensively about selling fake products(this was before Dora's intervention)and he explained some things to me, this same guy will sell provisions to me on credit when I am low on cash and right before my eyes, this guy's scanty shop grew bigger and fuller and He expanded,went to his village and brought 5 of his younger ones,registered in Lapotech part time, when I moved from that area. I learnt a lot from this guy.I am sure he would have bought a land now in Lagos.Should I hate him for his progress no,rather, I learn from him. This hate started the Holocaust, let's be careful. I could go on and on about the strength and weakness of each tribe. No tribe is perfect and no tribe or race has it all. Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by provenus(f): 12:27pm On Aug 27, 2014
@ovamboland thank you so much for that sermon, it seemed to silence all these bickering kids (hehe). We the present generation have found ourselves lumped together as one naija, one naija we shall remain till ...(maybe boko put us asunder). We should learn to take it easy with each other, no tribe is a super-tribe. I was just about to say when ibos come for NYSC in akwa-ibom, 90% of them will find a way to stay back after service year. Same goes for d yorubas. And I get angry momentarily when I think of all the filth and rowdyness this trend will result in, but then I shurg my broad shoulders and keep smiling. We should look beyond this tribal sentiments and hate, mehn! I know amazingly wonderful ibo, yoruba, hausa people. It's about the INDIVIDUAL now, capish?

#make Una nor insult me ooo! I wan cook edikang ikon for le boo right about now kiss
Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by pazienza(m): 1:08pm On Aug 27, 2014
byrron:

Can u see how u derailed the thread and brought ur igbophobia into it?

Can u see how ur stupidit.y has now attracted negative comments upon ur people?

Let all the insults melted upon the Yorubas on this thread be upon ur head and urs alone.

May it consume u to ...... or hopefully may it cure u from ur chronic tribalism,envy and bitterness.

Can't touts like u and ur likes be rational for once?

It's no fault of his,he acted out of impulse, his northern masters were being vilified,he had to defend them, it's a reflex reaction to be expected from slaves, pardon him.
Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by pazienza(m): 1:29pm On Aug 27, 2014
provenus: @ovamboland thank you so much for that sermon, it seemed to silence all these bickering kids (hehe). We the present generation have found ourselves lumped together as one naija, one naija we shall remain till ...(maybe boko put us asunder). We should learn to take it easy with each other, no tribe is a super-tribe. I was just about to say when ibos come for NYSC in akwa-ibom, 90% of them will find a way to stay back after service year. Same goes for d yorubas. And I get angry momentarily when I think of all the filth and rowdyness this trend will result in, but then I shurg my broad shoulders and keep smiling. We should look beyond this tribal sentiments and hate, mehn! I know amazingly wonderful ibo, yoruba, hausa people. It's about the INDIVIDUAL now, capish?

#make Una nor insult me ooo! I wan cook edikang ikon for le boo right about now kiss

What exactly are you talking about? Do you know the number of Akwa/Cross people in Abia state?
Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by provenus(f): 1:45pm On Aug 27, 2014
pazienza:

What exactly are you talking about? Do you know the number of Akwa/Cross people in Abia state?

No, I don't. And I'm not interested in knowing.
Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by pazienza(m): 1:47pm On Aug 27, 2014
Prophetone. You will make a good comedian. Haha!

Cocoa production is not done only in SW. SE and SS states do produce cocoa too.

Rubber production is mainly in Edo and Delta states, SW like SE are minor producers of Rubber.

Footwears? Ever heard of Aba shoes? *grins*

What exactly do you mean by Sw and North producing cigarettes?

On dangote and cement ish, Ndiigbo have enough limestone deposite. Dangote's position is not unrelated to the North's control of Nigeria's politics for decades,and not because he is a better business man than Ibeto.

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by gare(f): 1:47pm On Aug 27, 2014
obiajuru01: The chairman, Northern States Governors’ Forum and governor of Niger State, Dr Mu’azu Babangida Aliyu has said that the region is not a parasite on other parts of the country.

He made the clarification in Minna yesterday when he received ‘The Peace and Development Award’ bestowed on him by the popular Zumunta Zabi Sonka Social Association in recognition of the governor’s peace and development initiatives in the country.

He said the North is made up of hard working and serious minded people who have contributed and are still contributing their quota to national development. “We should reject the claim by some people that the North is a parasite in Nigeria; the North has shown capability to make the difference in the country before and after independence”.

He challenged the people of the region to be more industrious by creating opportunities for employment and economic development of the states and the region.

On the insurgency that has hampered the economic growth of some parts of the North, Governor Aliyu said no one should accommodate members of the Boko Haram group who are in the forefront of the crisis rocking the region, adding that shielding the sect members will be un-Islamic and a betrayal of the nation.

“Don’t pity Boko Haram; anything they do will affect everyone not minding religion or tribe’; ‘No one prays for another civil war; anyone that wants to cause it should be ostracized,” he declared, adding that the North as a whole should unite against insurgency because “what is happening in the north was never thought would happen”. www.leadership.ng/news/381675/northern-nigeria-parasite-northern-govs-forum

THEN YOU GUYS SHOULD SEAT UP AND FIGHT BOKO HARAM, FOR YOUR INFORMATION WE IN THE SOUTH HAVE NO PLACE FOR YOU GUYS UP NORTH, HAVE THAT AT THE BACK OF YOUR MIND, SO IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO LOOSE YOUR LANDS AND CITIES TO BOKO HARAM THE WAKE AND FIGHT(PDP, APC, CPC) YOU ALL SHOULD COME TOGETHER AND FIGHT THIS PEOPLE WITH ALL THAT YOU HAVE.
Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by pazienza(m): 1:48pm On Aug 27, 2014
provenus:

No, I don't. And I'm not interested in knowing.

Then you would do well to keep Ndiigbo out of your bullsh.it and ego trip,next time.
Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by provenus(f): 2:03pm On Aug 27, 2014
pazienza:

Then you would do well to keep Ndiigbo out of your bullsh.it and ego trip,next time.
Who's ego-tripping here? LOL. Do you even know what ego means?
Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by pazienza(m): 2:12pm On Aug 27, 2014
provenus:
Who's ego-tripping here? LOL. Do you even know what ego means?

So, what exactly do you mean by 'ibos' generating filth in Akwa ibom?
Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 27, 2014
pazienza:

So, what exactly do you mean by 'ibos' generating filth in Akwa ibom?
If there is one Igbo that I hold in high esteem, its you and you. You are too broad about Igbos and I appreciate that.

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by Nobody: 2:23pm On Aug 27, 2014
pazienza:

She may not know that her people are much in Igbo land, some of them when they speak Igbo you will doubt if they are from Akwa Ibom.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by Rawani: 2:25pm On Aug 27, 2014
pazienza: Prophetone. You will make a good comedian. Haha!

Cocoa production is not done only in SW. SE and SS states do produce cocoa too.

Rubber production is mainly in Edo and Delta states, SW like SE are minor producers of Rubber.

Footwears? Ever heard of Aba shoes? *grins*

What exactly do you mean by Sw and North producing cigarettes?

On dangote and cement ish, Ndiigbo have enough limestone deposite. Dangote's position is not unrelated to the North's control of Nigeria's politics for decades,and not because he is a better business man than Ibeto.

I honestly admire the commitment and sagacity that you effectively invest in deluding yourself. Cocoa is a major cash crop of the SW, don't steal that from them like you're trying to steal their deputy-governorship. Rubber, as you have established, is a SS affair. When you speak export quality footwear, you talk rubber and leather (North/SS) and not Tony Hinfingerer. Dangote is not just the most succesful business man in Nigeria, but Africa. So please place Ibeto on the sidelines of the likes of De Beers of SA. The question then remains, what does the SE produce beyond crime?

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 27, 2014
Rawani:

I honestly admire the commitment and sagacity that you effectively invest in deluding yourself. Cocoa is a major cash crop of the SW, don't steal that from them like you're trying to steal their deputy-governorship. Rubber, as you have established, is a SS affair. When you speak export quality footwear, you talk rubber and leather (North/SS) and not Tony Hinfingerer. Dangote is not just the most succesful business man in Nigeria, but Africa. So please place Ibeto on the sidelines of the likes of De Beers of SA. The question then remains, what does the SE produce beyond crime?
who is this lunatic? Mr lunatic we produce cars.
Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by Rawani: 2:38pm On Aug 27, 2014
DikeOha882: who is this lunatic? Mr lunatic we produce cars.

Mr. Parasite we have been doing that for 30 years (PAN Kaduna).

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by pazienza(m): 3:02pm On Aug 27, 2014
Rawani:

Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by pazienza(m): 3:11pm On Aug 27, 2014
Rawani:

Cocoa a major export of SW in the past? Yes, in the present? No. Prove me wrong by providing me with a source showing current cocoa producing states in Nigeria.

Dangote remains a front man and living testment of the North's four decades hold on Nigerian politics and Economy,his case had long been analyzed on this forum.

SE possess and contribute the best mankind can offer, ie Human resources, an essential ingredient for development.

SE through Aba produce wide range of houshold materials used in Nigeria.

SE remains a producer of Agricultural products like Cocoa,rubber and Cassava.

Even for all the evil plans of the country that balkanized Igboland and took most the oil producing territories out of the SE,the SE still contribute to crude oil earnings of the country.
Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by Rawani: 3:22pm On Aug 27, 2014
pazienza:

Cocoa a major export of SW in the past? Yes, in the present? No. Prove me wrong by providing me with a source showing current cocoa producing states in Nigeria.

Dangote remains a front man and living testment of the North's four decades hold on Nigerian politics and Economy,his case had long been analyzed on this forum.

SE possess and contribute the best mankind can offer, ie Human resources, an essential ingredient for development.

SE through Aba produce wide range of houshold materials used in Nigeria.

SE remains a producer of Agricultural products like Cocoa,rubber and Cassava.

Even for all the evil plans of the country that balkanized Igboland and took most the oil producing territories out of the SE,the SE still contribute to crude oil earnings of the country.

Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by pazienza(m): 3:24pm On Aug 27, 2014
Rawani:

PAN is a foreign vehicle assembly plant, much like ANAMC0 in Enugu. How you can compore PAN with Innoson, an indigenous vehicle manufacturing and assembly company is beyond my understanding.
Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 27, 2014
pazienza:

PAN is a foreign vehicle assembly plant, much like ANAMC0 in Enugu. How you can compore PAN with Innoson, an indigenous vehicle manufacturing and assembly company is beyond my understanding.
The boy na ZUWO nah.

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 27, 2014
Rawani:

Pan is PEUGEOT AUTOMOBILE NIGERIA. Its never an indigenous company Mr Zuwo.·
Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by Rawani: 5:06pm On Aug 27, 2014
DikeOha882: Pan is PEUGEOT AUTOMOBILE NIGERIA. Its never an indigenous company Mr Zuwo.·

It is owned by ASD Motors. Look it up.
Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by pazienza(m): 5:42pm On Aug 27, 2014
Rawani:

PAN is a peageot ASSEMBLY plant established after the war by Gowon in 1972. What exactly is ASD motors?
Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 27, 2014
Rawani:

It was concessioned to asd, so govt still have a stake, Innoson is privately owned. Did you see the difference?
Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by Rawani: 6:34pm On Aug 27, 2014
pazienza:

PAN is a peageot ASSEMBLY plant established after the war by Gowon in 1972. What exactly is ASD motors?

Of course its an assembly. What car factory isn't? You think innoson manufactures his brake pads?

ASD Motors, an indigenous company owned by Alhaji Sani Dauda. acquired PAN in 2006 for $32 million. Kaduna has been producing cars since 1975.

Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by odiyaka(m): 9:46pm On Aug 27, 2014
Wisepac: Goodluck Jonathan's led FG is indirectly arm-twisting poor Nigerians to raise fund for his 2015 campaign via CBN reintroduction of ATM Charges of N65 on other banks. Former ZENITH BANK MD, Jim Ovia sponsored Emefiele for CBN top job, he's also a major financial of GEJ 2015 campaign through TAN. Do you expect him to use his money? Remember, the billionaires don't use ATM, but we poor civil servants, business men/women, students, labourers & low income earners do. Our case is that of pay back time.
If Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, former CBN governor (now Emir of Kano) could stop the extra charge of using ATM on another bank, why reintroduce it again?
Nigerians should wise-up. Blessing the rich from peanuts of the poor.
Imagine the number of ATM withdrawal that happen daily in Nigeria.
This is time to acts, say no to this exploitation.
Help spread this message through Facebook, twitter, whatsapp & all social media.
Say no to N65 charges on ATM withdrawal from other banks.
#saynotoN65chargeonatm

Bros, when Sanusi stopped d ATM charges, it was paid by the bank whose card is been used on another banks ATM. That period there was a lot of dispense error on ATM usage becos no bank was ready to pay d charges on behalf of its customers. if u re saying GEJ wants to fund his 2015 campaign with it, all I can say is. chai to your level reasoning. Why not ask who's campaign agenda does the surcharge u pay when u use a foreign machine. Nigerians let's act learned for once. haba
Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by dealslip(f): 12:37am On Aug 28, 2014
SonOfEl:

lazy yorubaz and their razz excuzes. Has anyone stopped u lots from doing business in alaigbo? Just confess- UNA NO GAT D LIVER TO!.go to alaigbo today and see if it not a beehive of socio-economic activities. Lazy lotz. Am presently in birnin-kebbi, guess who runs the biz here- IGBOS!

you better leave that place before Boko haram takes over and then you will be crying genocide against the Awolowo. Go back home now and develop your land don't let them destroy all you have worked for like they are doing in Kano and Kaduna systematically buying properties of Igbo men they have terrorised out of their territory. a word is enough for the wise. Don't come and be singing pogrom here oh!
Re: Northern Nigeria Not A Parasite – Northern Govs Forum by SonOfEl(m): 10:25am On Sep 02, 2014
dealslip:

you better leave that place before Boko haram takes over and then you will be crying genocide against the Awolowo. Go back home now and develop your land don't let them destroy all you have worked for like they are doing in Kano and Kaduna systematically buying properties of Igbo men they have terrorised out of their territory. a word is enough for the wise. Don't come and be singing pogrom here oh!

thanks for your concern but i'll take my chances. fyi, ubakala in umuahia is thriving and doing just fine, my income is usually sent there okay? Focus on yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Zoo Called Nigeria (New Animal called Nnamdi Kanu on display in Cage) / BREAKING: Nigerian Lawmaker Slumps, Dies During Plenary / Nigeria And Communism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.