Stats: 3,154,176 members, 7,821,985 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (868992 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by relagze: 10:31am On Nov 19, 2014
Olu0907:
[quote I have never felt this type of joy in my life for a long while, I was denied a student visa in abj on the 4th of nov , I still believed and had a strong faith I was going to put through , I reapply to lag , got a date which was actually today 19th nov and as usual said my prayers and set out earlier , like I was so favoured and my visa was granted without much stress , just my acct statement and my sponsor's own and my GRE score report sheet with just few questions ! Thank you nairaland for the tips !

Did carry out interview today? Was there yesterday, was told they were having computer problems
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by tayoamos: 11:10am On Nov 19, 2014
Pls does anyone know a university in the USA whose masters will be around 3k per semester, that's 6k for the first year? Can I find any school that cheap ? I want to study MPH
Also, after my masters, is it possible for me to get a job with my earned masters degree and eventually use the job to migrate legally in the USA ? Is this possible pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dotman2460: 11:39am On Nov 19, 2014
Congratulations bro.

Between your interviews, what changes did you made to your application or to documents you presented? Or was it just change in location?

I know someone who will need a response the question above.

Olu0907:
I have never felt this type of joy in my life for a long while, I was denied a student visa in abj on the 4th of nov , I still believed and had a strong faith I was going to put through , I reapply to lag , got a date which was actually today 19th nov and as usual said my prayers and set out earlier , like I was so favoured and my visa was granted without much stress , just my acct statement and my sponsor's own and my GRE score report sheet with just few questions ! Thank you nairaland for the tips !
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 19, 2014
sirRiddy:
sirriddy@yahoo.com
added u both
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:09pm On Nov 19, 2014
Olu0907:
[quote I have never felt this type of joy in my life for a long while, I was denied a student visa in abj on the 4th of nov , I still believed and had a strong faith I was going to put through , I reapply to lag , got a date which was actually today 19th nov and as usual said my prayers and set out earlier , like I was so favoured and my visa was granted without much stress , just my acct statement and my sponsor's own and my GRE score report sheet with just few questions ! Thank you nairaland for the tips !
Congrats Olu, ur acount also blows the myth that abuja is more favorable than lagos.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 12:28pm On Nov 19, 2014
Olu0907:

Congrats... Enjoy your stay in Obamaland and kindly please post your transcript
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 12:30pm On Nov 19, 2014
goryorhal:
Hi, I just like to ask if Vo considers 'Provisional Offer of Admission'

Well i dont think so... But why provisional offer of Admission.. I guess no SAT or TOEFL or IELTS abi
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 12:31pm On Nov 19, 2014
funmi14:

House.
I would appreciate more suggestions please. I hope WU being a private university won't raise red flag.

It does not ooo but what more suggestions do you want?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 12:35pm On Nov 19, 2014
portelli:

Pls U mean they do ask for 6 months bank statements, its amazing, but I have sponsor who makes lots of transactions, if I calculate the transactions made for 6 months, they cover more than 30 pages, U mean I will be expected to carry more than 30 pages of bank statements to the interview instead of having 2 or 3 month bank statements which are within 6-month of the interview date?

Lol... Are you the accounting officer that you calculating the person transactions

Why cant you go with 100 pages of bank statement to the interview with 6 months old rather than the VO using just 3 months old to deny you..

The mystery part of it is that VO might not even ask but make sure you go with it.. Even on their website they stated 6 months and not 3 months if i am not wrong..

I dont talk my own ooo, if you like am take am as a joke ooo, if you like use am e go work for you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 12:36pm On Nov 19, 2014
mcfarlin:
Hello house I greet all the guru's in the house special mention to a true G (walspring)
Please am about to apply to the following schools
1.Western illinois university

2.Southern illinois university

3.University of illinois at urbana champaign

4.Illinois institute of technology

I hope none of them is red-flagged?

Please kindly drop your suggestions.

Suggestion in what way Because i dont really understand what you mean by dropping suggestion, maybe you explain better
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by cutelekush01: 12:38pm On Nov 19, 2014
Thanks bro.

Horayce:

added u both
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 1:10pm On Nov 19, 2014
Walspring:

You funny ooo.. Imagine you banking with ecobank upon your business package with Alliance In Motion Global... grin grin grin grin grin

E get as e be sha.. You just fall my hand with this...
No mind me walspring bring your hand up because Eco bank dey bank my millions via Alliance in motion global tongue LWKMD PMPL
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:12pm On Nov 19, 2014
Thanks bro. Goodluck with your plans.
Horayce:

added u both
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 2:24pm On Nov 19, 2014
teddyrain:
No mind me walspring bring your hand up because Eco bank dey bank my millions via Alliance in motion global tongue LWKMD PMPL

Okay i don hear bro.. How family?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by streetMic(m): 2:57pm On Nov 19, 2014
repsin:
ur kidding right?
Hell NA!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by streetMic(m): 3:03pm On Nov 19, 2014
mcfarlin:
Hello house I greet all the guru's in the house special mention to a true G (walspring)
Please am about to apply to the following schools
1.Western illinois university

2.Southern illinois university

3.University of illinois at urbana champaign

4.Illinois institute of technology

I hope none of them is red-flagged?

Please kindly drop your suggestions.

all the schools are in Illinois which indicates you badly wanna be in Illinois. Try other schools, mix the state. You can try uni.edu
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by layorachael: 3:14pm On Nov 19, 2014
Dear Applicant,

Note that effective December 1, 2014, applicants that do not have the correct  DS-160 number on their application form will be turned back at the Embassy. Such applicants will have to reschedule their appointments at their own expense.

Applicants are thereby advised to  verify that their DS-160 form is ACCURATELY filled out  BEFORE submitting and scheduling an appointment.

Applicants that have already scheduled their appointments with the wrong DS-160 number are advised to cancel their existing appointments, fill out a new DS-160 form and rescheduling using the correct DS-160 number.

Help Desk

Good day guys.This is my first time of posting on nairaland.I need clarification on the mail above.It was sent to me from the US Embassy help desk. I ddnt cancel my DS 160.I filled it just once n used it to schedule my appointment right away.Its the same DS 160 number on my DS form that is on my appointment form.Guess am gud to go? Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Folarge06(m): 4:07pm On Nov 19, 2014
Visa Delayed this morning @ d lagos consulate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 4:13pm On Nov 19, 2014
layorachael:
Dear Applicant,

Note that effective December 1, 2014, applicants that do not have the correct  DS-160 number on their application form will be turned back at the Embassy. Such applicants will have to reschedule their appointments at their own expense.

Applicants are thereby advised to  verify that their DS-160 form is ACCURATELY filled out  BEFORE submitting and scheduling an appointment.

Applicants that have already scheduled their appointments with the wrong DS-160 number are advised to cancel their existing appointments, fill out a new DS-160 form and rescheduling using the correct DS-160 number.

Help Desk

Good day guys.This is my first time of posting on nairaland.I need clarification on the mail above.It was sent to me from the US Embassy help desk. I ddnt cancel my DS 160.I filled it just once n used it to schedule my appointment right away.Its the same DS 160 number on my DS form that is on my appointment form.Guess am gud to go? Thanks.
It's a general notification sent to applicants. I got the same mail too this afternoon. It's step to curb incessant change of ds160 code. Relax and prepare hard for your D-day.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Folarge06(m): 4:25pm On Nov 19, 2014
Transcript
Got to the embassy @ 5.30am from egbeda for a 6.30 appointment.
After normal checks and thumb print.
Interview goes thus @ counter 5.
A white old man
VO-goodmorning
Me-goodmorning sir
VO-why UCO
Me-according to my research on usnews.com UCO is ranked one of the top public universities with top ranked professors in America,they have a detailed study plan which suits my academic goals and there class sizes averaging from 20 to 25 students which makes it easier to communicate with the professor.they have excellent faculty and reseacrh opportunites.they have a research group in my major called the computational science for undergraduate research experiences which inspired inspired most to choose it and I was also offered a scholarship.
VO-how many schools did you apply to
Me-i applied to 3schools altogether,uni of minnesota,uni of nebraska and university of central oklahoma.
VO-how many admitted you.
Me-2 admitted me and uni of minnesota placed me on a waitlist.
VO-what is your last qualification and when did you finish.
Me-National Diploma and I finished 2013
VO-what have you been doing since then?
Me-I work voluntary as a computer instructor in XYZ computer institute to meet the requirement of my mandatory industrial training.
VO-typed on his system forever (I think for 4mins)and says sorry you are not eligible for this....didn't listen to rest.
Smiled while he also smiled...

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by sholay2011(m): 4:41pm On Nov 19, 2014
Folarge06:
Transcript
A white old man
VO-goodmorning
Me-goodmorning sir
VO-why UCO
Me-according to my research on usnews.com UCO is ranked one of the top public universities with top ranked professors in America,they have a detailed study plan which suits my academic goals and there class sizes averaging from 20 to 25 students which makes it easier to communicate with the professor.they have excellent faculty and reseacrh opportunites.they have a research group in my major called the computational science for undergraduate research experiences which inspired inspired most to choose it and I was also offered a scholarship.
Me-i applied to 3schools altogether,uni of minnesota,uni of nebraska and university of central oklahoma.
Me-I work voluntary as a computer instructor in XYZ computer institute to meet the requirement of my mandatory industrial training.
VO-typed on his system forever (I think for 4mins)and says sorry you are not eligible for this....didn't listen to rest.
All is well bro. sad You should give it another try.

I personally can't pinpoint to what's wrong in your transcript. Make the gurus come answer.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 4:51pm On Nov 19, 2014
Do VOs confirm the schools one truly was admitted aside the school on one's I-20?
I'm still confused as to why Forlage Visa was delayed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by sholay2011(m): 4:56pm On Nov 19, 2014
innovativeame:
Do VOs confirm the schools one truly was admitted aside the school on one's I-20?
Nice post.

Cc: Walspring, Imperiouxx, stevecrun, slimmy etc etc.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Folarge06(m): 4:59pm On Nov 19, 2014
innovativeame:
I don't think so,cos they have limited time to do such...and how will they even know.though in my case I actually applied to all the schools I mentioned and I was admitted
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 5:06pm On Nov 19, 2014
Folarge06:
I don't think so,cos they have limited time to do such...and how will they even know.though in my case I actually applied to all the schools I mentioned and I was admitted
Let other gurus state their observations. Pls Folarge06, reapply asap, the visa is urs.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Glocal1: 5:20pm On Nov 19, 2014
Olu0907:
Congratulations, wish u excellent performance in sch.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 19, 2014
sholay2011:

Nice post.

VOs don't..they work on what you say orally and what you fill on your DS160 form.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 6:54pm On Nov 19, 2014
sholay2011:

Nice post.

Yes and No...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by sholay2011(m): 7:00pm On Nov 19, 2014
Walspring:

Yes and No...
Hmmm.

So, is there anything you can point to in his transcript that may have caused the delay?
'Cos I have mine next week and I couldn't have answered better than he did.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by cutelekush01: 7:02pm On Nov 19, 2014
I guess his work experience cost him the Loss..Just an opinion..Superb Transcript...Less I forget what is your age bro?

sholay2011:

Hmmm.

So, is there anything you can point to in his transcript that may have caused the delay?
'Cos I have mine next week and I couldn't have answered better than he did.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by weomet: 7:34pm On Nov 19, 2014
Folarge06:
Transcript
A white old man
VO-goodmorning
Me-goodmorning sir
VO-why UCO

To me this Visa application of a thing just depends on favor. From people's transcript, I see that some people are not even asked for all the necessary documents and granted the visa, while others who present all their required documents are rejected. It is too unpredictable...the best is just to get all your documents and pray that God grants one favor.
I think you should reapply anyways.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by sholay2011(m): 7:39pm On Nov 19, 2014
cutelekush01:
I guess his work experience cost him the Loss..Just an opinion..Superb Transcript...Less I forget what is your age bro?
May I know why you're asking? Or is it directed at the person who posted his transcript?

Either way, weird question. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62